OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Can we cut the grind down some please? For example why is a criminal Viera contract set to everyone else's at $50K? Than immediately after getting hers need to come up with another $50K. The grind is awful as I have to repeat for days the same pattern.

Morning: Builders - Work
Noon: Academy - Teach
Late Noon: Store - Work
Evening: Mages Guild - Work

and repeat this for days and days to get another $50K just after grinding previously for $50K.

Second please let Leave take us back to the map that is even more clicks. To do each of these events is an absurd amount of clicking.

Click Map
Click Builders
Click Work
Click Leave
Click Map

repeat 4 times

Click Home
Click Sleep
Oh and since it seems a night the skip likes to disable itself than need to click 3 more times for profilts from Store, Condo, and Hotsprings than can click on skip again and start all over.

That is 25 clicks for a single day just to grind money and do nothing else. Also give us a message letting us know we are done with events for this version.

Last can we get a next / previous option for the girls instead of heart, girl, heart, girl to check if there is new scenes to be found?
What's a good game that does grinding well?
Having peeked under the hood, I understand the logic behind needing to exit to the main map each time, if I'm understanding the random event generator correctly.

Something that could be done to reduce the daily clicks a bit would be to incorporate the 'exit location' part with the rewards display. Via a 'stay or go' menu choice popping up at the same time that rewards are displayed.

Another thing that might be possible would be to add a 'jump to location' sidebar with thumbnails for the store, school, town hall etc. along say the left margin, to sorta kinda bypass the main map. The 'random event check' could be handled when you click on said thumbnail, taking you to the random event instead with a 'while you were on the way to the store...' or whatever message to let you know what just happened.

Along with this 'location thumbnail sidebar' you could highlight location thumbnails that have a quest event at a certain time of day in a different color or with an asterisk or something to make you aware that say, you 'should visit the Church during late noon' if it just happens to be late noon atm. This could reduce a bit of the 'click through' a bit.

You could also do this with the main map location icons. If something important quest wise is tied to say the Church, you could highlight the church icon in another color or something to remind the player about this. Of course, the player may have other goals atm, but the visual reminder would help jog their memory at least, or give them a reason to look at the journal to see why the location is highlighted. You also might be able to add a 'mouseover text' function that tells you why the location is highlighted at the moment...

Something else that would be helpful would be to combine the rewards message into a single click. As it stands right now, if you get a stat and affection reward, that's two clicks. If both could be displayed in the same message display... this might require a bit of thought due to how rewards are 'called', or not, I just mod the code I didn't write it...

The goal here is to reduce the number of clicks to do things.

As for the grind, you already know my thoughts on this. Double rewards, adjust time limits accordingly. As for contract costs, again increasing income will reduce the amount of time to hit those targets. If a player is going to get there eventually anyways (i.e. no clock ticking) might as well reduce the number of clicks to get there... and if there is a 'timer' like there is for the first couple of contracts, yeah you can reduce the time limit to compensate for the increased rewards.

Another thing that you could do would be to overlay the current affection levels for each girl on the main romance screen, along with the current target goal. I.E. display say 32/40 in the upper left corner of the gal's thumbnail on the main romance screen. That way you don't need to click on each girl separately to see the relationship levels. The main reason to click on a girls thumbnail at that point would be to see the gallery, so that's still useful, but otherwise the info you need would be readily displayed on the main romance screen.

Another thing you could do along these lines would be to put thumbnails for the other girls in the left margin of each girl's romance subscreen, so that you could just click on the next girl you want to see instead of having to 'go back' to the romance screen. You could also overlay the affection levels with each thumbnail here, to allow players to not need to go back to the main romance screen, and just go back to wherever they currently are once they have scanned the affection levels.

You could also put some sort of reminder on the main romance screen or sidebar icons showing their contract status, i.e. maybe add a '$50,000' or 'owned' text at the bottom of their pic or icon as appropriate.

One thing that has bothered me personally is that the time of day isn't always displayed. This probably should be added to the margins somewhere. Same for current money, having this info in a corner somewhere on most screens (the ones where you have location choices to consider) would be helpful. Also, my 'kludge' for allowing a player to see his current stats in my mod could be handled a little better, maybe incorporated into the journal screen or something. I just went with the 'easiest' route.

So, as molitar has pointed out, yeah anything that can reduce the number of clicks needed per day would be helpful. Hopefully I've given you a few ideas here. I'm kind of 'over' with modding these days, but the mod I did for this game was pretty simple to do. I like the story, otherwise I wouldn't have bothered.

I get that drawing up the art takes time too, so I don't mind waiting a bit for storylines to progress from update to update, as this isn't a complete/finished game yet. I am enjoying the changes you've been making to the 'background art' to help unify the theme a bit. Just don't drag it out for five years like some other game (DMD...)

As to the question r.e. which games I think handle grind pretty well, they aren't really similar games to what you are doing here. I spent a lot of time modding Brothel King a couple of years back to try to streamline the gameplay a bit, and the BK team ended up running with a few of these ideas. I don't play very many ero games these days as I'm focused on other things, so I'm sure others can point to some good games with a good balance in this regard.

Hope this helps!
;)

Last edited:

x_man

Dec 18, 2017
games awesome story seem good with originality keep up the good work dude this should be ur main project

Reactions: JYPGames

Akrizael

Apr 17, 2018
Grind, grind, grind, grind, grind then grind and grind. After that a bad joke, then we break the immersion you got with talking about patreon or making a joke about patreon. Then grind, grind, grind, grind, grind then grind and grind. After that a bad joke, then we break the immersion you got with talking about patreon or making a joke about patreon.
That's everything you have inside this game, nothing else. This got a good story but i'm sick of this wimp of a MC, he's retarded on so much level. And this grind is fucking crazy and it's not like it was justified or anything, it's plain brainless grind. Done with it.

Sotovose

Dec 5, 2018
So I bought Viera's contract and had the scene in my bedroom after the introductions. In the morning when they are gone my quest log says its updated but its to purchase Viera's contract again for $50K. Is that the end of the current update or a bug?

Edit: It was a bug, I fixed it by talking to Laureate before buying the contract and it seemed to work, now I appear to be at the true end of the update.

Last edited:
Reactions: girdeyordo

mannequinisms

Aug 4, 2018
Well, I just made it to Rita, and found out about ferry... and I have never been more saddened. Will there ever be a maid that we actually can buy the contract for? Please?

• Sad
Reactions: JYPGames

Naskura

Sep 18, 2018
I just Purchased Viera's contract, as it was the last quest available, and then it said quest updated but it still says to buy Viera's contract in the quest log.

Disturbed44

Jun 11, 2019
Questlog says to buy makotos contract at the town hall (progress through story) but the only contract its showing is vieras?
Any halp?

JYPGames

Game Developer
Sep 1, 2020
I just Purchased Viera's contract, as it was the last quest available, and then it said quest updated but it still says to buy Viera's contract in the quest log.
This is a bug that has been fixed in the latest version of the game. Unfortunately, you're going to have to load a save from before you made the purchase.

Albedox

Nov 17, 2019
Would somebody give me the save before this update?because I've had an issue in the game and couldn't go on in the game

alceste007

Jul 30, 2019
Humm, I bought Viera's contract and finished that quest (ie quest log empty). But nothing new showed up for me after that. I never got a second quest for $50k that people have mentioned.

Yamemai

Nov 1, 2017
does the incest patch still work?
No need for it, can input custom roles at the start.

JYPGames Just started the new version, and during the dinner argument Silvia said something about Vallas. I'm pretty sure the 'cat is out of the bag' already, what with Estelle basically blurted it for the school to hear.
Edit: No more quests, and no Rita fight [Whoops, wrong version], so I started a new game, and encountered an error(exception) after the Silvia handjob scene. Here's the traceback: -- Can be ignored to continue.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Edit2: Same problem as halosom, the 2nd Serena scene (Aff 30) won't trigger. [Btw, there's a secondary/hidden scene if you have enough toughness.]

Last edited:

thevoid089

Forum Fanatic
Jan 29, 2020
LMAO the way you jabbing at the supporters with Sesonal event was hilarious, that was very clever....

2.80 star(s) 49 Votes