215303j

Substitution - The action of replacing someone or something with another person or thing.

The underlining code doesn't care what you name them. I'm not sure if you just didn't read or what point you are trying to make confirming that it does use [Insert Relationship Here].
You wrote:

The Roommate & Landlady doesn't seem to have any underlining code for Sister & Mom :p
Is this pure substitution fantasy or will a 'patch' be available later because of Patreon shenanigans?
I guess I misunderstood but if you say "substitution fantasy" and ask for a patch, then I think that you didn't notice that the game does, actually, use the terms mom and sis if you define their relationships as such. No, I didn't look at the code but I did play the game and it works as advertised. The game mostly uses first names (not customisable) instead of relationship monikers though.

Reactions: JYPGames

masterdragonson

Engaged Member
Jan 30, 2018
I guess I misunderstood but if you say "substitution fantasy" and ask for a patch, then I think that you didn't notice that the game does, actually, use the terms mom and sis if you define their relationships as such. No, I didn't look at the code but I did play the game and it works as advertised. The game mostly uses first names (not customisable) instead of relationship monikers though.
Mostly it's a question of will it have Incest OR Incest Light. Being an initial release meant it was made that way for Patreon.

Incest incorporates actions based off the relationship. Like
If sil.lower() == "sister" then specific lines for her such as "Good Morning Big Bro ♥ ".

Substitution is more Incest Light. "This is Estelle, she is my [Insert Relationship]".

While you can Insert anything it's not like the game handles it well.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

As for the names well you can kinda customize them in code but that is more silly modding.

Reactions: 13lokiz

215303j

Mostly it's a question of will it have Incest OR Incest Light. Being an initial release meant it was made that way for Patreon.

Incest incorporates actions based off the relationship. Like
If sil.lower() == "sister" then specific lines for her such as "Good Morning Big Bro ♥ ".

Substitution is more Incest Light. "This is Estelle, she is my [Insert Relationship]".

While you can Insert anything it's not like the game handles it well.
As far as I can tell, the terms landlady and roommate rarely make any sense and should be substituted with something more appropriate for the story to fall into place.

This is in my opinion an elegant way to avoid patches and also comply with Patreon rules.

masterdragonson

Engaged Member
Jan 30, 2018
As far as I can tell, the terms landlady and roommate rarely make any sense and should be substituted with something more appropriate for the story to fall into place.

This is in my opinion an elegant way to avoid patches and also comply with Patreon rules.
Hardly elegant if the Defaults don't make sense as you can clearly tell it was mangled for Patreon. Besides I never trust a Landlady that doesn't ask about rent every now and then :LOL:

Still whats wrong with patches? It's easier to incorporate then having the player define anything under the sun.

rahkshi01

Dec 31, 2018
Hardly elegant if the Defaults don't make sense as you can clearly tell it was mangled for Patreon. Besides I never trust a Landlady that doesn't ask about rent every now and then :LOL:

Still whats wrong with patches? It's easier to incorporate then having the player define anything under the sun.
I am kinda inclined to agree with you here. A patch would be preferable to make things more concrete and consistent throughout the game. I wonder if there is anyone on here who could do that though?

Reactions: masterdragonson

Stonerbank

Aug 25, 2017
No-one noticed the bald shadow in the preview pic? Got some funky stuff going on in this world! Maybe it's an evil shadow bent on your destruction?!

Raerngaming

Jun 14, 2018
Very interesting game so far.
It just feels weird that he lived there his whole life and yet knew nothing about that Burgundy Law that has been there for a long time. I wish that we could do more with the ones that he buys, after all no matter how he wants to look at it deep down he wanted them to be his personal slaves and even showed them as he wants them.

JYPGames

Game Developer
Sep 1, 2020
Small Bug - The MC will call themselves 'Sieg' at the beginning even if another name was entered.
code01.rpy Line 13
Code:
mc "I'm Sieg..."
Should be
Code:
mc "I'm [mc]..."
Console Code
Code:
$ money = 9999

The Roommate & Landlady doesn't seem to have any underlining code for Sister & Mom :p
Is this pure substitution fantasy or will a 'patch' be available later because of Patreon shenanigans?

Starting off seems like a fun premise. Would have liked to seen more with Estelle since she cost $1000 but for an initial release content isn't bad. Both this and Three Houses seems fun so far.
Thanks for alerting me of the bug. It'll be fixed next time.

Reactions: masterdragonson

JYPGames

Game Developer
Sep 1, 2020
I like this concept. I think it's funny and hot that you're probably gonna end up buying your family, but then I read as long as they are single and of AGE. So that means mom doesn't get included into the harem :( Maybe this will change in the future. I know there is no NTR, but what about netori? What if there's another law that you can buy someone's gf or wife lol. Cool idea for a game good luck mate.
Landlady is single.

rahkshi01

Dec 31, 2018
I am wondering will there be a more romantic route where the girls do stuff with the MC not because they are slaves but because they actually want to and are in love with him? Also any chance we can get a proper incest patch for this?

GH20

Feb 21, 2020
Oh, so this is the new side project you said you were working in?
Gotta say, the plot seems interesting and this looks to have good future as an original VN from you.

I`m honestly not much into on this one, but i still wish you good luck on this new side project! (y)
Ok, so i finally gave it a try.

Is the first time i play a non-parody koikatsu VN (The 2nd reason why i wasn`t interesed), and it honestly amuze me.

The prologue was as depressive as i expected/feared (The 1st and biggest reason why i wasn`t interesed), but it really set up the scenario, and is good to see most things got well quickly... or not?!

What it susprised me more, is the great interface you made, which looks amazing and very interactive!

As i said, this really has future, and while i`m still unsure to follow it (i just don`t like much this setting for reasons already explained), i really think this is an objectibly better replacement for your other project, if 3H gets taken down.

2.80 star(s) 49 Votes