Bob Jared

Sep 22, 2017
I haven't gotten the chance to play this since the update with Viera and Atty's "first night". Before I get into the later updates I'll give my general thoughts on the game up to that point.

I enjoy the characters and story. (even the MCs apparent lack of pattern recognition and other empty headed moments are within a tolerable range for me) On the other hand, the fourth wall breaks are too frequent to be funny and so just break immersion for no reason. Furthermore, in a setting that is neither our world or an Isekai, the constant name drops of real world shows and such is even worse.

Now back to the later updates. I was most excited to slowly win over Viera only to find that her animosity had simply disappeared off-screen. I feel that it would have been far more natural if her animosity had stayed intact with just the rare occasion of second guessing herself until the duel. Then a combination of the guilt overpowering her hatred and the MC showing concern for his enemy (Rita) could cause her to finally start viewing him in a new light.

The other thing I should mention is that this scene seems to have slipped through the cracks in regards to the "true story patch."
Capture.PNG

Blastoffff...

Mar 2, 2019
Uhm... Delete the whole directory, and download a new copy. Extract and run.

If it did not find the start label, then your game is corrupted and quite likely beyond repair besides a full, clean reinstall of it.

(PS. There's a difference between "installing to the system" and the "clean reinstall" I used here; Under no circumstances run a RenPy game as admin! Savegames should not be lost, but you may want to backup game/save folder just in case.)
yes I downloaded game again now its working but more importantly thank you for your response.

lewismasss

Mar 31, 2019
Hello the new update is out just waiting for our good Hero to share the update with us :)

JYPGames

Game Developer
Sep 1, 2020
Hey guys,

I just uploaded 0.2.0 of Scarlet Law. Hope you're ready for more grinding. This update is a reboot of SL and old saves will no longer work. There are only 3 scenes in the game so far (no penetration) but I'll continue to add new content in the future.

franklin99

Jun 16, 2019
Hey guys,

I just uploaded 0.2.0 of Scarlet Law. Hope you're ready for more grinding. This update is a reboot of SL and old saves will no longer work. There are only 3 scenes in the game so far (no penetration) but I'll continue to add new content in the future.
Any insight your willing to share on why the change?
Or if the story is going to be completely different?

Thanks!

Brady2626

Engaged Member
Mar 2, 2018
Hey guys,

what all is changing?

JYPGames

Game Developer
Sep 1, 2020
Any insight your willing to share on why the change?
Or if the story is going to be completely different?

Thanks!
To keep myself motivated on the project, I needed to make the game feel fresh to me. I also wasn't too satisfied with some of the earlier scenes. I think a lot of devs give up on their games because they simply lose interest, and I don't blame them. It's hard to work on something and provide HQ content if you don't have the motivation to do so (no matter how much $$$ you're making).

The story will mostly stay the same but there may be slight differences in regards to dialog. Overall, I think this will be better for the game as it'll open up a lot more avenues for me to be creative. I hope you enjoy what you see, I worked an absurd number of hours to get this done within the month.

Devka

May 8, 2017
To keep myself motivated on the project, I needed to make the game feel fresh to me. I also wasn't too satisfied with some of the earlier scenes. I think a lot of devs give up on their games because they simply lose interest, and I don't blame them. It's hard to work on something and provide HQ content if you don't have the motivation to do so (no matter how much $$$ you're making).

The story will mostly stay the same but there may be slight differences in regards to dialog. Overall, I think this will be better for the game as it'll open up a lot more avenues for me to be creative. I hope you enjoy what you see, I worked an absurd number of hours to get this done within the month.
Well when you get the reboot built up to where the previous game left off let me know. Don't feel like spending months slowly burning through content I have already played. I'm sure I will play it again once it has caught up as I liked the previous version of the game. Minus the mindless grind that really serves no purpose beyond being a useless timesink to make updates seem longer. I know you have abandoned at least one game already so do what you feel you need to do to not keep that trend going.

Davnier

Oct 18, 2019
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/01_status_screen.rpy", line 1, in execute
File "game/01_status_screen.rpy", line 22, in execute
File "game/01_status_screen.rpy", line 35, in execute
File "game/01_status_screen.rpy", line 36, in execute
File "game/01_status_screen.rpy", line 36, in keywords
File "game/01_status_screen.rpy", line 37, in <module>
NameError: name 'disabled' is not defined

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "01_areas.rpyc", line 109, in script
File "renpy/ast.py", line 1397, in execute
renpy.exports.with_statement(trans, paired)
File "renpy/exports.py", line 1646, in with_statement
return renpy.game.interface.do_with(trans, paired, clear=clear)
File "renpy/display/core.py", line 2610, in do_with
clear=clear)
File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3101, in interact
repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, pause=pause, pause_start=pause_start, **kwargs)
File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3512, in interact_core
root_widget.visit_all(lambda i : i.per_interact())
File "renpy/display/core.py", line 567, in visit_all
d.visit_all(callback, seen)
File "renpy/display/screen.py", line 432, in visit_all
callback(self)
File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3512, in <lambda>
root_widget.visit_all(lambda i : i.per_interact())
File "renpy/display/screen.py", line 443, in per_interact
self.update()
File "renpy/display/screen.py", line 631, in update
self.screen.function(**self.scope)
File "game/01_status_screen.rpy", line 22, in execute
File "game/01_status_screen.rpy", line 35, in execute
File "game/01_status_screen.rpy", line 36, in execute
File "game/01_status_screen.rpy", line 36, in keywords
File "game/01_status_screen.rpy", line 37, in <module>
NameError: name 'disabled' is not defined

Windows-10-10.0.19041
Ren'Py 7.4.4.1439
Scarlet Law 0.2.0
Fri Jul 16 23:56:18 2021

i have this bug and it's not funny xD

have start a new game

He-man96.

May 25, 2018
I'll be looking forward to your remaking of the game. Please just don't have too many namedrops of real world people because I had no idea who some of them were and it would be a jarring break in the pace of the story.

bobdillan

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2016
Hey guys,

might I suggest leaving the last version up so people who don't have it can play it. Have it spoilered and just list is as beta or something, to show it is outdated.

bobdillan

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2016
Maaan I just found this game last week, and absolutely loved it. Now it's already being rebooted...Hopefully it's not being abandoned like your previous game....
Previous game was abandoned becuase of a certain company that has certain rights to a certain IP that said game was based on. Nothing to do with dev losing passion or anything. (this one started as a side project but became the main because of that issue).

Fulmdiddy10

Apr 21, 2019
Previous game was abandoned becuase of a certain company that has certain rights to a certain IP that said game was based on. Nothing to do with dev losing passion or anything. (this one started as a side project but became the main because of that issue).
I just really liked where this game was headed, not thrilled Its basically starting over, and have to wait probably another year, just to get back to where we were. Hopefully it comes out better.

Reactions: Macgamer
2.80 star(s) 51 Votes