GraveXMachina

Jun 9, 2020
Hm...I wonder if this happened because all the complaints about the game, from plot points to certain characters.

Anyway, while it sucks to restart, I'll still give the game a chance and see where it goes.

Just hope the updates are a little faster.

Reactions: Master Alaric

EZ8lt

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2019
When I saw there was a reboot, I honestly hoped it will make things better, like toning down the grind where you had to raise affection by 10 by repeating the same actions 4 times in a row, only to get usually some useless convo progression chopped into parts that could've been done as one, or that characters like Azula starts being useful instead of just giving generic tips and being obligated to kiss their asses.

Instead of that, what happened was:

- Maps got expanded, while the minimap function in the areas that had more sections than one was removed, making it a massive clickfest.

- The treshold of affection was somewhat changed, but the indicator of that from the hint system were removed, and you have to wait for days sometimes for the new hint to appear, while you have to hunt for places to get the events thanks to the minimap not being there. So while it was toned down, it was also toned up in a manner, basically changing nothing.

- Azula seems to remain the same useless leech, and with the story roughly being the same, be prepared for the flood of useless progression events before you actually progress.

- Tax system was introduced for "money management" with a game over option, but don't worry, you just have to grind more in order to not get it. Hilarious.

I also feel like that the "prevent the burnout" excuse is in the worst case is bullshit, and in the best case shows a bad tendency, because when you have to reboot the game that isn't at halfway in order to make it feel fresh, who's to say you won't feel the same again soon, and you'll end up in an endless cycle ultimately.

Anyway, that was it for me, because the game nowhere near is good enough to make all those clicks and grind to make it worth.

Last edited:

Master Alaric

Jul 12, 2018
When I saw there was a reboot, I honestly hoped it will make things better, like toning down the grind where you had to raise affection by 10 by repeating the same actions 4 times in a row, only to get usually some useless convo progression chopped into parts that could've been done as one, or that characters like Azula starts being useful instead of just giving generic tips and being obligated to kiss their asses.

- Maps got expanded, while the minimap function in the areas that had more sections than one was removed, making it a massive clickfest.

- The treshold of affection was somewhat changed, but the indicator of that from the hint system were removed, and you have to wait for days sometimes for the new hint to appear, while you have to hunt for places to get the events thanks to the minimap not being there. So while it was toned down, it was also toned up in a manner, basically changing nothing.

- Azula seems to remain the same useless leech, and with the story roughly being the same, be prepared for the flood of useless progression events before you actually progress.

- Tax system was introduced for "money management" with a game over option, but don't worry, you just have to grind more in order to not get it. Hilarious.

I also feel like that the "prevent the burnout" excuse is in the worst case is bullshit, and in the best case shows a bad tendency, because when you have to reboot the game that isn't at halfway in order to make it feel fresh, who's to say you won't feel the same again soon, and you'll end up in an endless cycle ultimately.

Anyway, that was it for me, because the game nowhere near is good enough to make all those clicks and grind to make it worth.
Well shit.
if that's the case, I'm not updating.
The older version sounds and IS WAY better than all the junk that some idiots complained about, forcing this crappy change. I hope the complaints were worth it... making the game worse and all...

Reactions: Xer

Tyr Unchained

Sep 23, 2019
So this is what a year or so of $1,596 a month on Patreon gets you? Hilarious. Guess all the 4th wall breaks to promote Patreon and calling people complaining about grind snowflakes really payed off then. I remember when I was angry at this game because of it's deceitful premise(and tags) and it's hostile Dev who called people disagreeing with him snowflakes - only to then complain that people are being mean to him in the reviews. But nowadays - I'm just here for the ride and to watch the Findom simulator where you pay the Dev money and he'll call you trash either in person or through his characters - while any real progress on the game gets wiped away whenever the Dev is bored. Better get your credit cards ready boys&girls! :ROFLMAO:

EDIT: Here is my beloved snowflake quote from the Dev. It aged like fine wine:

Hey, I'm sorry that some of you are complaining about Celestia but relax and simmer down snowflake. You don't always win in life or in video games.

Last edited:

Speppo82

Jun 21, 2020
This game was good and i love it, but now its a big mess.
Its a pity really. Hope the Dev fix all in the future patch, but its hard

Falkfisch

Aug 10, 2018
That's it, I'm out ...
Was a nice little game to pass the time, but the reboot was absolutely unnecessary ...
No improvement, only everything got worse ...
But that just happens when you don't get your neck full enough and get entangled in "side projects", then you run out of ideas.
I have now canceled my "Valla Apprentice" and wait for the next update, if JYP Games doesn’t go back to the old system, I’m gone for good ...

Skeltom

Engaged Member
Oct 9, 2017
A pity, again a good game goes bad. What was the problem with the map? Why a waifu tax? The game went from nice to nonsense. No thanks for your (bad) afford.
I know, it's like the Dev read all the complaints and then decided to make those aspects even worse while forcing everyone to start over. Not that it matters to them, now they can collect money even longer since the development is starting over again.

I would wish the Dev luck but the best thing to do now is just drop it. If the Dev can't focus they shouldn't drag everyone else down with them. They tried and failed, move on.

AlexTorch

Engaged Member
Jun 22, 2017

Wow...so the dev was able to fuck even more....man, that need a round of applause :KEK:, the nail in the coffin is the "money management"...man, i wonder how high he has to think that all this shit was worth...

Sir Phoenix

Jun 13, 2018
I've played through the entirety of the new content. Setting aside how much I like the game and any misgivings for restarting, I do think that the parts that are out so far are better than the original. Being able to interact with your slaves doing different things at different times of the day adds a new level of immersion. I can also see jumps in quality for the storyline, especially Estelle.

The Waifu Tax is probably fine, working is easily controlled and the addition of the flower stock market adds an interesting twist. (The flower seller has average rates of sale for flowers, so you can hold your flowers until you can get a bigger return, and you can pick up flowers every day with no time spent.)

I look forward to the future content!

LaterrZ

Sep 17, 2018
can someone just post a save of what everyone was up to before the reboot, it will save the game for many of us who cant be fked replaying the game

Skeltom

Engaged Member
Oct 9, 2017
can someone just post a save of what everyone was up to before the reboot, it will save the game for many of us who cant be fked replaying the game
That's not possible. The new reboot is way behind the original. It's right back to square one, a "new" game now.

ShadowFireBFG

Sep 10, 2020
this is quite literally the worst thing you could do to a game. the dev entered intentional bad design territory and started over to avoid finishing or expanding the game since it will take 3 years to catch back up and even longer to play that far due to how godawful the grind is, before, it was bad but manageable now its in, cheat dont even play territory we should give honest reviews on this games reboot and see how long it takes for the dev to notice, tbh I hope this change wrecks his patreon money since its so bad he should be paying us to play without cheating now

edit i definitely wont download any more updates until I have proof the dev undid the intentional bad game design this reboot was based upon and its further than it was before with less grind it will take at least that much for it to not be a nonsensical waste of time

Last edited:

Terut

Nov 16, 2017
I mean, I guess it could be better.

But starting from the beginning, it'll take quite a while to get back even to where we were before so... I'll be back in 2022 to see how it's progressing, apparently.

ShadowFireBFG

Sep 10, 2020
So this is what a year or so of $1,596 a month on Patreon gets you? Hilarious. Guess all the 4th wall breaks to promote Patreon and calling people complaining about grind snowflakes really payed off then. I remember when I was angry at this game because of it's deceitful premise(and tags) and it's hostile Dev who called people disagreeing with him snowflakes - only to then complain that people are being mean to him in the reviews. But nowadays - I'm just here for the ride and to watch the Findom simulator where you pay the Dev money and he'll call you trash either in person or through his characters - while any real progress on the game gets wiped away whenever the Dev is bored. Better get your credit cards ready boys&girls! :ROFLMAO:

EDIT: Here is my beloved snowflake quote from the Dev. It aged like fine wine:
Yeah I remember that comment I just hope "people who have a larger shoe size than their own iq" dont keep funding this mess, unless the dev unfucks the game I'll just watch it burn since the dev added plenty of thermite and gasoline to the game

2.80 star(s) 51 Votes