Leo D. Marstone

Nov 2, 2017
I played this Game first in japanese so I only new halve of the things that went on. Art was juicy enough though.
Now lets see what the hell was going now that Kagura released another translation of a good Game.

Quite a bit of Content too but for me the pinnacle would have been if Ryoka changed visually as well somewhat. I know sometimes she has kinda marks on her neck and so on but I mean more drastic.

For example for Masaru she begins to wear more skimpy clothes or for Yasuo she goes full Gyaru. Then for Oyama she let herself go and looks more sloppy and so on. If this would have been in there this game would have been in my top 5 Eroge Games ,)

Here is hope for the future.

Shizusan

Nov 21, 2019
This game has had at least 3 different names that I know of. Something about Summer colors, then with the fan translation there was Summer of Shattering.

When Kagura released the game they changed the name again. This happens quite often. For example Furry Eared Girls Never Betray will become Fox Girls Never Play Dirty. They also reset the version number as it is their first version, so you get 1.00, and the uncensored version is 1.01. This is just how they do things.

So basically this Scars of summer is the same thing as the other one just updated dialogue clearer English and no1 key cheat menu etc..? Is there any other differences? I have both versions but would like to delete one don't know which is the better version?

kin-kun

Modder
Jul 10, 2020
So basically this Scars of summer is the same thing as the other one just updated dialogue clearer English and no1 key cheat menu etc..? Is there any other differences? I have both versions but would like to delete one don't know which is the better version?
So the official (labeled Win on the OP) release is a commercial product with translation by Kagura Games. It it what you might get off steam only with an uncensor patch applied. In most cases these are considered better than fan translations which is what Summer Shattering was. Now that I look at the files I've downloaded the original MTL version was something odd like Broken Summer Colors, so you can see in the name there's an obvious progression of grammar.

Since that is an official release it does not contain the cheat menu plugin.

That all said, I believe in giving people a choice. So I built the unofficial version. There are some advantages to the unofficial version:
  1. Added back in cheat menu (hit 1 to access)
  2. Added Switch/Variable viewer/editor (hit F9 to access)
  3. Added Screenshots in game (hit F6 to take a screenshot at any time, saved automatically in the www/screenshots folder)
  4. Remapped reload from F5 to Shift F5 to make it harder to accidentally reset the game
  5. Increased save slots to 999
  6. Compressed the game assets using the latest technology
    1. Reduced to 1/5th the original size
    2. Minor reduction in quality, it is very hard to tell the difference
  7. Moved popup boxes around to fix overlap
  8. Removed the default from choice boxes that pop up during dialog so you don't accidentally hit enter to advance the dialog and accidentally make a selection
  9. Updated framework
    1. Security fixes
    2. Performance updates
  10. Linux support
  11. JoiPlay package
The downside, is this is not an officially licensed version. Support for the fixes or other issues is dependent on the author of the unofficial version. (In this case me.) Also, you should do your due diligence before downloading and running. Eg. look at who posted, what kind of reputation do they have. Have they done this before?

As with any files you download from the internet you should scan those files with an anti-virus/anti-malware tool.

You can find a link to a post with a list of all the RPGMaker games I've modified in my signature.

Reactions: Shizusan

Normone

May 10, 2019
At night, I lost the Internet and I decided to look into the folder with the games that I downloaded for a similar case. And my choice fell on this game. I must say right away that I do not like NTR, but in general I more or less tolerate it. BUT in this game it is done so ... well that I literally plunged into the main character, associating myself with him. It gave me physical pain every time I separated from the heroine to make some money and, calling her after work, heard ambiguous remarks from her.
I immediately persisted and at all times ran to look for her only in order to be a witness of harassment, (or a usual situation that can be ambiguously understood from the sounds and words of the girl) that I could not and was forced to only listen, for example, as in shop, an old freak pawed a girl for whom "I" have feelings. (The moments when it is impossible to stop harassment, as in the very beginning, infuriate me the most. "Why can't you fly into the room and put something heavy on the bastard? Why are you standing and listening to your girlfriend about to be raped?"
On the one hand, the game is extremely high quality and fans of the genre should be delighted, but on the other hand, for me personally, it was very painful. I somehow got to the event with fireworks and I have no strength to go further. I am writing this in order to find out what feelings people have when playing this game and what they are based on. I have more or less painted my feelings.

Sorry for bad English, I had to translate via google-translate.

Last edited:

morgorot

Oct 7, 2018
At night, I lost the Internet and I decided to look into the folder with the games that I downloaded for a similar case. And my choice fell on this game. I must say right away that I do not like NTR, but in general I more or less tolerate it. BUT in this game it is done so ... well that I literally plunged into the main character, associating myself with him. It gave me physical pain every time I separated from the heroine to make some money and, calling her after work, heard ambiguous remarks from her.
I immediately persisted and at all times ran to look for her only in order to be a witness of harassment, (or a usual situation that can be ambiguously understood from the sounds and words of the girl) that I could not and was forced to only listen, for example, as in shop, an old freak pawed a girl for whom "I" have feelings. (The moments when it is impossible to stop harassment, as in the very beginning, infuriate me the most. "Why can't you fly into the room and put something heavy on the bastard? Why are you standing and listening to your girlfriend about to be raped?"
On the one hand, the game is extremely high quality and fans of the genre should be delighted, but on the other hand, for me personally, it was very painful. I somehow got to the event with fireworks and I have no strength to go further. I am writing this in order to find out what feelings people have when playing this game and what they are based on. I have more or less painted my feelings.
It happened to me when playing the first two NTR routes but for the third one i decided to play the "happy ending" path and now that I'm playing the last 4 routes I'm ok because now for me the happy ending is the true ending and the other routes are "what if"

HHLONG

Feb 14, 2021
dude, keep it easy, if the game hurt your feeling then stop play it, but yes, I know your feeling for the game, it some how real hurt when hot chick got nail by some shit dude (IRL, I beat the shit out of any guy dare to theart my GF)

smithyJohn32

Mar 31, 2019
Is it possible to stop Ryoka from going on a date with Daisuke?
Short answer: No

Long answer:

I haven't completed the happy end yet in case you can somehow get more memories there (birthday and festival?) but based on the code in the web browser version of the game:

The option to select "stop her" on the day Ryoka and Daisuke Sugiyama go on their data can only be selected if the number of memories the player has collected is greater than 5. When I lowered this value to be 1 and collected 2 memories or just removed the check altogether, I was able to select "stop her". However, all that selecting "stop her" did was repeat the beginning of the scene again with Ryoka getting dressed, walking out of her room, and starting a loop of the same scene over and over again.

This same check seemed to also exist in the final confession code where it checks to see if the number of memories you have is greater than or equal to 6, but it also seems to check if you just have four memories too, making me question whether it IS possible to get more in the two scenes I speculated on earlier or elsewhere and maybe actually see something different. As I wasn't able to figure out how to give the player more memories beyond manually collecting them, was too lazy to check what could happen if I tested my theory, and the fact that the scene just repeats itself when you select stop her anyway, I made the assumption that you just aren't supposed to be able to select that option and didn't want to spend more time on it.

I believe Nobuo's route is the only one you can stop, besides bringing Ryoka with you everywhere every day, once started by winning all three card games before he has three wins, but I haven't played around with the bring Ryoka option enough on days where her voyeur scenes with each character (Daisuke Wedsnesday, Oyama Saturday, Masaru Sunday, etc) happen.

Reactions: morgorot

S3vatari0n

May 9, 2020
can somone tell me how will I know if my downloaded version is uncensored? I was able to locate it from by reading all of thr thread posts but since there are tons of link, I dont know if I downloaded the right uncensored version.
All versions on post 1 are uncensored and the latest 1.03 (1.03.01 for compressed version) version.

can someone tell me what to do now?
Leave the building.

COOL_CAT

Jul 4, 2017

Long answer:

I haven't completed the happy end yet in case you can somehow get more memories there (birthday and festival?) but based on the code in the web browser version of the game:

The option to select "stop her" on the day Ryoka and Daisuke Sugiyama go on their data can only be selected if the number of memories the player has collected is greater than 5. When I lowered this value to be 1 and collected 2 memories or just removed the check altogether, I was able to select "stop her". However, all that selecting "stop her" did was repeat the beginning of the scene again with Ryoka getting dressed, walking out of her room, and starting a loop of the same scene over and over again.

This same check seemed to also exist in the final confession code where it checks to see if the number of memories you have is greater than or equal to 6, but it also seems to check if you just have four memories too, making me question whether it IS possible to get more in the two scenes I speculated on earlier or elsewhere and maybe actually see something different. As I wasn't able to figure out how to give the player more memories beyond manually collecting them, was too lazy to check what could happen if I tested my theory, and the fact that the scene just repeats itself when you select stop her anyway, I made the assumption that you just aren't supposed to be able to select that option and didn't want to spend more time on it.

I believe Nobuo's route is the only one you can stop, besides bringing Ryoka with you everywhere every day, once started by winning all three card games before he has three wins, but I haven't played around with the bring Ryoka option enough on days where her voyeur scenes with each character (Daisuke Wedsnesday, Oyama Saturday, Masaru Sunday, etc) happen.
making the protagonist more confident based on the number of memories you recovered could be interesting if it was implemented properly.

S3vatari0n

May 9, 2020
Mega i used this link to download from page 47.. its this the uncensored version? it was posted there on the day of the release
Version 1.01 is uncensored but also doesn't have any of the bug-fixes and still has untranslated lines of text because QA from Kagura Games missed them the first time around. I recommend grabbing the update to 1.03 file, or the compressed file.

And iirc, that animated scene you posted above is from late in the Oyama route.

morgorot

Oct 7, 2018

Long answer:

Thanks, I replayed the two routes and added +7 memories, with Daisuke the scene only repeats itself while in the "normal ending" when you choose to "confess" it takes it as if you had chosen the other option.

Reactions: smithyJohn32

Nirriti

Mar 7, 2019
NTR wouldn't even be a problem, if it wasn't for all the ugly fat bastards
Some like it that way. Different flavour. ;)

Also side note, each time Im seeing a feather-hearted being flavoured comment like "Is NTR avoidable?" (even as a parody to that crowd of sensitive individual with the weird caps on half the letters, LOL) it just cracks me up. Thanks for the laughs! On a more serious note, really waited long for that one, thank you so much. <3

Reactions: Evil987 and greenp
4.10 star(s) 63 Votes