Almighty

Engaged Member
Jan 27, 2017
Dammit didn't know he was moving to unity. It was so easy to change shit in the current engine. I guess Unity is easier to expand. Like somebody said I hope the Map is better and have a function for skipping days.

Retro

Retired
Former Staff
Sep 7, 2017
Dammit didn't know he was moving to unity. It was so easy to change shit in the current engine. I guess Unity is easier to expand. Like somebody said I hope the Map is better and have a function for skipping days.
If by "change shit" you meant cheats and changing your stats, thats about the only thing the current engine has going for it.

Reactions: Angus Bez

Centurion

Jan 20, 2018
Don't know if moving to Unity is smart decision, as far as I know it's more suited for more complex projects than this one. Then again, walkius might be well versed in C#, so that would compensate I guess.
Renpy is creating bugs because it can't handle the complexity of the game. It would only get worse as things are added.

qwertz3213

May 4, 2018
Guys i cant get further if i meet the twins at home cuz of this error occures every time, what can i do
of Draw Event
for object obj_twinshome_choice:

Variable obj_twinshome_choice.text(100035, -2147483648) not set before reading it.
at gml_Object_obj_twinshome_choice_Draw_0
############################################################################################
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
stack frame is
gml_Object_obj_twinshome_choice_Draw_0 (line -1)

depechedNode

Oct 10, 2017
I hope he acts smart with the new engine and makes it easy for the F95 modders to patch the game, so we can continue playing the game as it's originally intended.

Reactions: Angus Bez

Angus Bez

Dec 11, 2017
Guys i cant get further if i meet the twins at home cuz of this error occures every time, what can i do
of Draw Event
for object obj_twinshome_choice:

Variable obj_twinshome_choice.text(100035, -2147483648) not set before reading it.
at gml_Object_obj_twinshome_choice_Draw_0
############################################################################################
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
stack frame is
gml_Object_obj_twinshome_choice_Draw_0 (line -1)
Read the FAQs...

Reactions: Centurion

MrDL

Nov 11, 2017
Great post. /s

I don't care, in a static game like this East should always be to the right and West to the left or have a map that properly matches what's shown on screen. I also don't like having to bring up the map to see where everyone currently is and then have to close the map to go there without wasting even more time.

redknight00

I want to break free
Staff member
Modder
Apr 30, 2017
Renpy is creating bugs because it can't handle the complexity of the game. It would only get worse as things are added.
The current engine is GameMaker Studio, it uses it's own GML language.

Unity is good for adding real-time animations, but I'm not sure if it's worth it (or if walkius would make animations) the only game I have to compare in Something Unlimited, the most the game does with the engine is the map and animations (the full animations are absolutely gorgeous btw) and even SunsetRiders7 always talks about how he regrets his choice of engine.

Annielska

Nov 6, 2017
Hi :happyblush
I only played an hour. Still, I'm surprised positively.

Has anyone found a way to get a 10/10 result on the first date?

This is my solution for 8/10:
Bar: you are / your eyes (I have often heard this from boys, and it was always nice:happyblush) / drinks / let her choose (option lemonade scrashes game) / what do you like / sport / horse / do you brother & sister / no, just / with you I am not / hands / kiss / Shopping / what like / search / find dress / wait / nice look 2x / walk / watch her / how is it / Vicky and ... / it's just you're shy (if my boyfriend said this text, I would offend him:evilsmile:) / hands / I am very good / kiss :firstimekiss::heartcoveredeyes: / me too - End my result 8/10 cute date.

This lady wears a beautiful dress. I think, I will go to buy a dress in the near future:rolleyes:, the summer is getting closer :happyblush

bye Bye :firstimekiss:

Angus Bez

Dec 11, 2017

Bar: you are / your eyes (I have often heard this from boys, and it was always nice:happyblush) / drinks / let her choose (option lemonade scrashes game) / what do you like / sport / horse / do you brother & sister / no, just / with you I am not / hands / kiss / Shopping / what like / search / find dress / wait / nice look 2x / walk / watch her / how is it / Vicky and ... / it's just you're shy (if my boyfriend said this text, I would offend him:evilsmile:) / hands / I am very good / kiss :firstimekiss::heartcoveredeyes: / me too - End my result 8/10 cute date.

This lady wears a beautiful dress. I think, I will go to buy a dress in the near future:rolleyes:, the summer is getting closer :happyblush

We have a 10/10 result with the best possible result described in our Player's Guide.

Kane Salvatore

Salvatore Studios
Donor
Jan 2, 2018

MrDL

Nov 11, 2017
Please supply links to this rule....
It come from decades at this point of playing VN and especially text based games along with working on a few. The direction being needlessly turned around annoys me. Please explain how it makes sense to not have PC orientation and map layout align in a static VN.

But okay, the Simple Jack looking motherfucker you play as is facing South, despite coming from the South when you enter the school from the front and when you come in from the back because there's only one image, so things are switched around, fine but the map could've been made to reflect that or even simply not named the wings East and West, annoyance solved.

Maybe I'm the only one that has this issue but it takes me out a bit to have to remind myself that left is right and right is left in relation to the map.

Reactions: Kara Zor-El
3.40 star(s) 62 Votes