bobbo69

Engaged Member
Donor
Jun 18, 2017
Yeah. I would assume that he's re-doing the images to make them look better. Better to leave them as they were rather than put out hastily made crap.
Just let him do what he needs to do, then when he releases it, we'll be able to judge and make comments about it, I'm thinking it may be sooner than later, he may need some money cause he didn't charge for this month, that's gotta hurt his wallet :p until then, let's wait

Eandril

Aug 24, 2017
Update 07/06

- Improving quality of old renders (100%)
- Rewriting the entirely game in Unity (15%)
- Adding the new calendar system (0%)
- Adding the new class system (0%)
- Adding new activities at school (0%)
- Adding new activities in city (0%)
- Changing some existing events (0%)
- Adding new events (0%)
- Changing how works the bar (0%)

Seems like there is still a whole lot to do. I'm wondering if he hasn't planned too much for this update - hope not.

Centurion

Jan 20, 2018
He was at 15% done re-coding last update 2 or 3 weeks ago. 85% of the coding and changing some existing stuff to catch up to where the game is now. Then new stuff. I hope I'm wrong but I'm thinking mid to late July.

Reactions: Kara Zor-El

gestved

Engaged Member
Aug 18, 2017
he's doing what should be done

this conversion will probably be filled with bugs that will only appear when the new version is almost done, I would not expect new updates for the next two months at least

SuddenReal

Jun 21, 2017
he's doing what should be done

this conversion will probably be filled with bugs that will only appear when the new version is almost done, I would not expect new updates for the next two months at least
It appears he's taking a huge step back by changing engines, but it is necessary because the current engine would only lead to a standstill while now he'll be able to keep on going forward. So, he's not going backwards, he's just changing roads. And yes, this will take time, but in the end we will be further than we were on the current road (ooh, so metaphoric, much wow!)

Kara Zor-El

Engaged Member
Oct 3, 2017
Liked the preview picture but i don't understand why he isn't focusing on rewriting the game in unity. Still at %15 if it is reliable percentage.

Reactions: Centurion

Eandril

Aug 24, 2017
Maybe "Rewriting" doesn't just mean that he's writing the game exactly as it was in Unity, but that he is at the same time expanding a few scenes here, adding a few pictures there... maybe he's doing things like "Adding new activities at school" while he is rewriting the game. Would make sense, instead of rewriting it completely first and then adding new stuff.

bobbo69

Engaged Member
Donor
Jun 18, 2017
Maybe "Rewriting" doesn't just mean that he's writing the game exactly as it was in Unity, but that he is at the same time expanding a few scenes here, adding a few pictures there... maybe he's doing things like "Adding new activities at school" while he is rewriting the game. Would make sense, instead of rewriting it completely first and then adding new stuff.
Not too sure what his plans are, but I think it will be ready soon enough, and we'll see what happens, but I'm sure we'll like it ;) and thanks for the preview and welcome to f95zone as well ;)

Kara Zor-El

Engaged Member
Oct 3, 2017
It will take more then we expected. New teachers, new activities for city and school, new events etc.
Hope he fixes floating pillows in this progress. :p

SuddenReal

Jun 21, 2017
One of the biggest gripes of Summertime Saga is that saves aren't compatible so people have to redo everything, but since stuff is added "pre-save" the repetition isn't that annoying. I'd imagine if the game was re-written "as is" in Unity, the first complaint would be "there's no new stuff and I have to do it all over again". "Well, yeah, it's a new engine, so it's understandable there's no ne..." "NO NEW STUFF! I HATEZ!"*

If there's new stuff added in the "early" stages, I don't have a problem starting over.

*Actual quote

3.40 star(s) 62 Votes