ut1stgear

Feb 7, 2018
I expect some major bugs in the next update since he is changing to Unity and has to completely recode it. Syntax always changes when you change from one program to another so coding will change although if the logic is solid it's just a matter of finding how to code the logic in the new platform. Easier said than done and it takes time so this will also be a relatively small update and a strong possibility that you will need to restart unless dev includes a usable save file at the end of last release. For those like @dstarfire it shouldn't be an issue since they haven't played it yet. I think that's what he said.

SuddenReal

Jun 21, 2017
If he puts in the new stuff early on (which makes sense, why "wait" so long to introduce the new teachers?) then I don't mind a restart.

Centurion

Jan 20, 2018
Whether we have to start a new game isn't really a big deal. If the dev doesn't provide a game save at the end of the old content, I'm sure someone else will shortly after the game is released. It's about as predictable as day following night.

Reactions: Angus Bez

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Well, I'm still hoping to turn Ako fully Bi when the new version of the game finally drops! I'll continue to wait patiently in the meantime...

Also, I still want that mass school orgy with all of the characters at once!

Reactions: EvilChef

Angus Bez

Dec 11, 2017
Whether we have to start a new game isn't really a big deal. If the dev doesn't provide a game save at the end of the old content, I'm sure someone else will shortly after the game is released. It's about as predictable as day following night.
Not much of a prediction as I've already vowed earlier on in this thread (a couple of months ago) to upload a saved game of the new version up to the end of v0.10 content if @Walkius doesn't include one in the release. Probably someone will beat me to it (@Kara Zor-El - "faster than a speeding bullet") as I'll be playing it through to check how much the Player's Guide needs altering and I won't be rushing through the game (and whether the new game will be as good/better than before to hold my attention with this project beyond that remains to be seen!)

redknight00

I want to break free
Staff member
Modder
Apr 30, 2017
The new game being on Unity I'm fairly sure a restart will be required regardless of the dev's wishes.

depechedNode

Oct 10, 2017
The new game being on Unity I'm fairly sure a restart will be required regardless of the dev's wishes.
Unless he provides a save file and I think he should provide for his patrons. On the other hand it will be nice to see all the renewed images and scenes by starting from the beginning.

Notretsam

Game Developer
Nov 1, 2017
Personally I would play from start again and don't really understand why anyone wouldn't, even though its the same game but it will potentially look and feel different in new engine.

Also if you truly a fan of the game, then you will want to see the difference between Unity game and Ren'py game, already been shown better rendered images as well.

Finally , its a frigging awesome game with great scenes, it worth starting new.

Kara Zor-El

Engaged Member
Oct 3, 2017
Personally I would play from start again and don't really understand why anyone wouldn't, even though its the same game but it will potentially look and feel different in new engine.

Also if you truly a fan of the game, then you will want to see the difference between Unity game and Ren'py game, already been shown better rendered images as well.

Finally , its a frigging awesome game with great scenes, it worth starting new.
I am with you.

Beside game engine, game may give different feel.

Walkius mentioned that these changes below will be in the next update.
- Changing some existing events
- Adding new activities at school
- Adding new activities in city
- Changing how works the bar

3.40 star(s) 62 Votes