Ignazzio

Engaged Member
Donor
May 8, 2017
Well, I rarely say that but this guy is worthless as a dev. Introducing something just to remove it is something more than even DS did. He lacks work ethic or stable design. Sad but I kinda expected that since he shown his attitude during 0.4 or so. I guess there is no hope for this game

Reactions: Kara Zor-El

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
Well, I rarely say that but this guy is worthless as a dev. Introducing something just to remove it is something more than even DS did. He lacks work ethic or stable design. Sad but I kinda expected that since he shown his attitude during 0.4 or so. I guess there is no hope for this game
You can't please everyone all the time. Heck you can't please most people all the time. I think trying to make a adult game make it even harder to buy into everyones kink and fetish's. At same time you kinda depending on your patreons in the long run. To try thread a balance can be hard. But this is what gives when you keep give out a game in chunks rather than give out a complete game. Players end up get to much influence over product. And this is not unique to just this dev.

Ignazzio

Engaged Member
Donor
May 8, 2017
You can't please everyone all the time. Heck you can't please most people all the time. I think trying to make a adult game make it even harder to buy into everyones kink and fetish's. At same time you kinda depending on your patreons in the long run. To try thread a balance can be hard. But this is what gives when you keep give out a game in chunks rather than give out a complete game. Players end up get to much influence over product. And this is not unique to just this dev.
Ofc you can't. I would even say that you shouldn't. But such things make it obvious he has no idea what he's doing. Without solid base and ideas you build your game on, every game is underwhelming and player can't expect much. That's not only about this dev - DS was similiar tho not to such an extent. To put it simply - I know there is no real plan or design behind this game as it's going with the flow. It's not even that my kink was removed, whatever would be removed in such fashion makes dev unworthy of support in my opinion.

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
Ofc you can't. I would even say that you shouldn't. But such things make it obvious he has no idea what he's doing. Without solid base and ideas you build your game on, every game is underwhelming and player can't expect much. That's not only about this dev - DS was similiar tho not to such an extent. To put it simply - I know there is no real plan or design behind this game as it's going with the flow. It's not even that my kink was removed, whatever would be removed in such fashion makes dev unworthy of support in my opinion.
Well, there is those devs that had a plan and design to start with as well, and who ended up get shoot down by the players as they did unfold. Then rather to stick to their guns they start change the game/story to try please the Patreons. in one way the Patreons end up get to much power and influence over the product. There is very few creators of adult games like these that seems to stick to their guns and carry on with their plan. Maybe gumdrop with Dual Family does it better as critic and upset people doesn't seem to bother him much.

I usually just download stuff and play it, doesn't really follow devs to close, their Patreons and plans and promises much. It is what it is, and if I like it, it stays like a blip on the radar. If not I leave it behind. I prefer it when a dev does stick to his vision and make the game he set out to make without to much influence from the players/patreons, because to many chefs, to much mess.

redknight00

I want to break free
Staff member
Modder
Apr 30, 2017
Yeah, it was a faulty game design if Martin was meant to be a rival. Setting a challenge with no way to win and no reward is no good, like the dates with Emily and Alice are good because the player must think their way through and that makes the rewards feel better.

Personally I think Martin could work as the main conflict for Mimi, nobody should be surprised that she has a boyfriend (or anybody, I think Alice is the only pure girl).

Ignazzio

Engaged Member
Donor
May 8, 2017
Well, there is those devs that had a plan and design to start with as well, and who ended up get shoot down by the players as they did unfold. Then rather to stick to their guns they start change the game/story to try please the Patreons. in one way the Patreons end up get to much power and influence over the product. There is very few creators of adult games like these that seems to stick to their guns and carry on with their plan. Maybe gumdrop with Dual Family does it better as critic and upset people doesn't seem to bother him much.

I usually just download stuff and play it, doesn't really follow devs to close, their Patreons and plans and promises much. It is what it is, and if I like it, it stays like a blip on the radar. If not I leave it behind. I prefer it when a dev does stick to his vision and make the game he set out to make without to much influence from the players/patreons, because to many chefs, to much mess.
Yeah, patrons are crucial. Tho I've never seen a game that would be really affected by them to the point dev has to do something. Even DS who was attacked for Eric was growing steadily. This game lost a couple of patrons so that's just fluctuation. DS is losing quite a lot for dumping BB now and that's visible tho. I guess there is no point to argue now. I'll just move on. It's just the sole fact that dev might be so unprofessional that made me annoyed

Siddington

Sep 11, 2017
As we said from the start, it wasn't that this content was implemented but how it was. If you had the option to massage Maria yourself and maybe have a bit of fun with her or leave it to Martin, not many people could of complained. Even then though, viewing the spycam should of been optional also. The Mimi situation is a little more complicated as while I don't like it, there is a reasonable expectation that a hottie like herself would have a boyfriend. Again though surely it could have been optional to view it. As it stands though, the whole point of the spycam was to introduce NTR and it became unavoidable and the main path if you wanted to progress with Mimi and Maria. The ultimate irony is that by adding this content into the game with little to no thought, other than "a way to avoid incest and get the game closed down", then removing it as he plans to, he has more than like ruined the game for both parties.

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
Yeah, it was a faulty game design if Martin was meant to be a rival. Setting a challenge with no way to win and no reward is no good, like the dates with Emily and Alice are good because the player must think their way through and that makes the rewards feel better.

Personally I think Martin could work as the main conflict for Mimi, nobody should be surprised that she has a boyfriend (or anybody, I think Alice is the only pure girl).
Introducing a rival (or several obstacles), isn't really a big issue as long as a solution to get ridd of them get introduced along the way as well. Just because the solution to remove them isn't introduced in the same episode as they introduced, doesn't really make it a big issue. If you take a game such as the Davies Family, and how you removed the guy from the mom there, it was hillarious and fun. I think people/players react to strongly to changes/introductions without think further ahead and what comes next.

Shardoom

Spunkbubble
Donor
May 4, 2017
Obstacles yes, definitely. Guys who fuck the women?? Hell no, once they do that the girls are dead to me. No point in even carrying on at that point.
Playing a game were you have to worry about that kind of crap all the time just sucks the fun out of it.

It's embarassing to think that the only kind of challenge some people can think of is an alpha male to lose to, sad.

Kara Zor-El

Engaged Member
Oct 3, 2017
Introducing a rival (or several obstacles), isn't really a big issue as long as a solution to get ridd of them get introduced along the way as well. Just because the solution to remove them isn't introduced in the same episode as they introduced, doesn't really make it a big issue. If you take a game such as the Davies Family, and how you removed the guy from the mom there, it was hillarious and fun. I think people/players react to strongly to changes/introductions without think further ahead and what comes next.
The Davies family one was too easy. For Eric "Wallet Mission" was better. There was mini story in it for to kick him out.

Siddington

Sep 11, 2017
It's embarassing to think that the only kind of challenge some people can think of is an alpha male to lose to, sad.
This! ^^

Perhaps Mimi gets a job offer from out of town and considers moving away. You have to sweeten her up and maybe help her find work close by otherwise she moves away. Maybe an abusive ex of Maria starts showing up at the door and you have to find a way to deal with him before she gets hurt and you get a bad end. Maybe the family has financial issues which could cause them to lose the house (he's copied enough from BB already so why stop now eh) meaning you have to find a way, hopefully a non scummy way that is to resolve it.

Going to alpha male route is very often lazy and sometimes incredibly poorly implemented. This is one of those times. Obviously there is a demographic for it though and I get that but it has to be done right and should always be avoidable from the very start. There are people here and I consider myself one of them that don't want to see their romantic interests in games get it on with other guys and in this instance it was pretty much forced on them. Ann from BB became persona non grata for me the minute she started throwing her son under the bus so she could get some dick and I've seen comments already that this is the case for some people now with Mimi and Maria. We'll see how Walkius handles the removal but at this point I'm pretty sure I don't trust him to not fuck it up again

Kara Zor-El

Engaged Member
Oct 3, 2017
Obstacles yes, definitely. Guys who fuck the women?? Hell no, once they do that the girls are dead to me. No point in even carrying on at that point.
Playing a game were you have to worry about that kind of crap all the time just sucks the fun out of it.

Never consider Martin as alpha male but Eric was. He was blackmailing MC, has control over Mom and house rules etc.
Martin was harmless to me. School has 16 girl who need my attention.

Reactions: tomislazy

Joi_fan

Donor
Jul 29, 2017
If Martin was just groping the ladies, that would've been fine as long as the MC could fight back, but to straight up fuck them? The damage has been done, I just can't unseen that even if he remove Martin. My suggestion to the dev is to bring mom to stay a couple of weeks, that would calm a lot of pissed off players (including myself :p).

Kara Zor-El

Engaged Member
Oct 3, 2017
If Martin was just groping the ladies, that would've been fine as long as the MC could fight back, but to straight up fuck them? The damage has been done, I just can't unseen that even if he remove Martin. My suggestion to the dev is to bring mom to stay a couple of weeks, that would calm a lot of pissed off players (including myself :p).
Suggested mom can stay few weeks but dev can't stay at his patreon page after few weeks.

Shardoom

Spunkbubble
Donor
May 4, 2017
Poll now to decide Martin's future. I hope people do the right thing and vote that cunt away.

Reactions: Zero919

depechedNode

Oct 10, 2017
Probably Martin haters gonna win, but if unexpected happens and Martin wins, what will the developer do?

Joi_fan

Donor
Jul 29, 2017
Suggested mom can stay few weeks but dev can't stay at his patreon page after few weeks.
Yeah, I understand how Patreon is really sensitive about incest these past few months, but we don't have to fuck mom, heck after weeks we got nowhere with aunt, with mom should be a lot longer, but since the spy camera is already at aunt's room, we can spy on her, maybe her and aunt or we could do massage and stuff like that.

redknight00

I want to break free
Staff member
Modder
Apr 30, 2017
Enter Mom and Bob, the stepfather MC hates.

Anyway, resolution: is there a better one? I'm using 1366 (native res from my computer), but still have lots of jagged edges.

3.40 star(s) 62 Votes