Epsilon66

Nov 15, 2018
Yeah, this is a bug—there are follow-up scenes that are tracked for completion that can't be achieved if you don't succeed there. I'll take a look at fixing that for the upcoming 0.14 release.

It'd probably make sense to allow retrying "failed" events, but I'm a little hesitant because it will feel very game-y.
On a side note I have a suggestion that popped into my head when a scene fails like that. Could we get a popup on the stat that caused us to fail? Kind of like how when we get hearts or thumbs up when improving a stat but instead have an icon that indicates its not enough like its cracked or some such.

Reactions: dermitderaxt

Vasin

Nov 20, 2018
Well, this is a great game. Found it by searching "tomboy" and it's probably the best game with that kind of character (out of both of them, lol). Played trough till the "all day" scene (I assume there's a bug that prevents placeholder "ending" from triggering after that).

The writing is really good, didn't make me facepalm like most of the other VN's here. Now, coming here specifically searching for tomboy characters, I would kinda like an option to sidestep the whole feminization fetish thing, but seeing as this is like 50% of the game's premise I understand how that would be a tall order. No big deal, the story is still very enjoyable.

One thing that I feel could be improved is streamlining the event chains. I looked at the game scripts and there seem to be only 3 route locked events for every route, which is kind of small, and those events are pretty inconsequential for Sam's characterization in general. More importantly, some events already feel like they belong in a specific chain, eg. the all day event that I'm not sure one can even succeed at with gf route, or the previous one with deepthroating kind of comes out of nowhere. There's this gap in dynamic where you as a player can choose to take things "slow" and then you throatbang Sam on moment's notice.

I feel like locking scenes like that in "lust" or "sextoy" path would make it more sensible, as well as improve pacing. Right now, somewhere midgame you end up with several scenes from different chains that can trigger simultaneously, and while it gives player more agency, I feel like it hurt the impact that these scenes can have on character development, simply because if you have less chains and more events you can make them feel more consequential, as opposed to writing 4 or 5 events that have seemingly no connection to each other and feel like they happen at the same point in relationship dynamic.

That turned out to be a much longer post that I anticipated, so I won't bore you with any more wordiness. Just hurry that update up, would you kindly?

HylTin

Aug 29, 2018
Really good game, original with a good story (too me) but really need art 'cause text based is just a shame.... Really waiting for some good art!

fulcrum

Engaged Member
Feb 2, 2018
Really good game, original with a good story (too me) but really need art 'cause text based is just a shame.... Really waiting for some good art!
art hinges on artists. who didnt deliver on time.

StratoSquir

Jan 19, 2018
Yeah, this is a bug—there are follow-up scenes that are tracked for completion that can't be achieved if you don't succeed there. I'll take a look at fixing that for the upcoming 0.14 release.

It'd probably make sense to allow retrying "failed" events, but I'm a little hesitant because it will feel very game-y.
It's been quite some time we didn't hear anything, what's going-on?

masterdragonson

Engaged Member
Jan 30, 2018
It's been quite some time we didn't hear anything, what's going-on?
On March 31 they posted that things would be delayed do to COVID-19 siting various work and family issues.

If things get any worse and I don't believe I can deliver for whatever reason at that point, I will put a pause on the Patreon until I can dedicate time to Sculptor again.
Since they haven't posted anything after that it's safe to assume this game is On Hold until further notice.

berny

Jun 8, 2017
So another dev going radiosilent. I really don't understand it.
Of course I can 100% understand that real life can get in the way of making these kinds of games and I'm the last person to blame anybody for taking a pause or something, but what I don't understand is why so many devs just stop communicating with their patrons.
DiscardedUnion seemed like a great dev so far, so why would he announce an update for the 6th and then just dissappear for 3 weeks.
And yes I know, really bad things can happen and I obviously hope the dev is fine, but let's be honest: Unless you're seriously hurt there isn't much stopping you from posting a small "I'm fine but unable to work on the game atm" note on the patreon page.

Last edited:

StratoSquir

Jan 19, 2018
So another dev going radiosilent. I really don't understand it.
Of course I can 100% understand that real life can get in the way of making these kinds of games and I'm the last person to blame anybody for taking a pause or something, but what I don't understand is why so many devs just stop communicating with their patrons.
DiscardedUnion seemed like a great dev so far, so why would he announce an update for the 6. and then just dissappear for 3 weeks.
And yes I know, really bad things can happen and I obviously hope the dev is fine, but let's be honest: Unless you're seriously hurt there isn't much stopping you from posting a small "I'm fine but unable to work on the game atm" note on the patreon page.
yeah, as much i like DiscardedUnion, or Sculptor, it's weird that he went total-silent suddenly
Even if he stopped working on the game it's fine, but yeah, nothing stop from just posting "hey, i'm still here, just not able to work rn"

boredjoe69

Oct 3, 2019
yeah, as much i like DiscardedUnion, or Sculptor, it's weird that he went total-silent suddenly
Even if he stopped working on the game it's fine, but yeah, nothing stop from just posting "hey, i'm still here, just not able to work rn"
From the Discord,
"Hey, I am, and sorry for the radio silence.
I'll put together a Patreon post as soon as I can, but in short: I'm fine, just had real life issues continue to come up that I just couldn't put aside.
Sorry about the continued delay. I will get to the release as soon as I am able.
If the delay needs to be significantly longer I'll cross that bridge as I come to it, I still don't think that should be the case.
Thanks for all your patience." (Posted on April 7)

DiscardedUnion

Dev & Writer of Sculptor
Game Developer
Apr 19, 2019
Apologies to all for the silence. It really was something I wanted to avoid, but I genuinely didn't have a chance to get on a computer for a few weeks. Fortunately things are basically returning to normal (at least as normal as anyone is at the moment) now and I'll endeavour to get Sculptor back onto its regular release schedule.

4.60 star(s) 9 Votes