Skads

King of Cunts
Donor
Aug 27, 2016
i feel really sad to say this, especially considering how much hope i had in this game, but it might be
it's been months since we had any updates, or just simply news from the dev himself
we had some peoples from his discord coming to tell us he still post on his discord, but nothing from himself

i don't know how long it take for mods to put a game under the "abandonned" tag
but at least maybe they should add something like "[HIATUS]" or something in the title
That's what the [Onhold] tag is for.

Reactions: UserX

StratoSquir

Jan 19, 2018
That's what the [Onhold] tag is for.
[Onhold] imply we have confirmation from the dev that the game is just "on-hold"
Like an official-statement to let-us know the game isn't just abandonned

In our situation,
the dev did mention he couldn't work anymore on the game for some time due to the quarantine
Which indeed mean the game WAS "on-hold" at some-point
but then he came back and made a statement saying he was coming back to work on the game again
and that was two months ago

So we don't know if he's actually gonna resume working on the game or not
he simply came-back, then he disapeared again

DiscardedUnion

Dev & Writer of Sculptor
Game Developer
Apr 19, 2019
Developer just updated on Patreon. They got Covid-19 and are putting the game on hold while they recover.
You got here before I did, wow.

For now the Patreon and game are on pause, and once I can release regularly again I'll continue. I can honestly say I don't know when that will be, but I love the game and definitely want to continue it. I am sorry for the uncertainty.

Beggarman

Jan 14, 2018
Shit man, glad to hear you're back at least. I'm sure you probably got a lot of advice before leaving, but to point out a mistake I made: Really, really do be careful you don't push yourself too hard and return to work (actual-work and game-work) before you're really up to it. Even if it's relatively simple stuff you can do from home, you'll probably be surprised by how tiring it can be, and just trying to barge through it won't help you recover.

StratoSquir

Jan 19, 2018

For now the Patreon and game are on pause, and once I can release regularly again I'll continue. I can honestly say I don't know when that will be, but I love the game and definitely want to continue it. I am sorry for the uncertainty.
Thanks you for your honesty
Waiting, even a really-long time, is absolutely fine for most peoples
Especially if it's for such good-reasons, no-one will get angry or whine because your health is more important than the game
But not knowing why or for how-long is wrong, especially when you get money from fans/patrons at the same-time

Glad you came clear with it and decided to officially put everything on-hold, thank you for your honesty
Hope you'll get better dude, take care

Sep 11, 2017

Best of luck in your recovery! This game is a pretty unique offering and it's good to hear it'll keep going, even if the wait is longer than usual.

Qazex Saw

Feb 6, 2018
Is there a guide or something for routes/scenes that's in the game atm?
Or some general rules for how the stats work or the game progresses?

Aug 31, 2020
From what I understand, they had already recovered from it when they made the announcement.
I'm just worried they've lost motivation and given up as from what I've seen this person made strides and had consistent and rapid updates. In a few days it'll be an entire month since the recovery. Understandable that they have to finish recovery, bills, etc. but I'm hoping that we'll hear word in a few days. Or at least next month. However I would like a mid month heads up. It could also be possible that the artist they had originally hired moved on and they don't want to push forward, but from some messages I've gleaned they are fine with placeholders. Maybe they are active in the discord?

Reactions: itslydiabxtch

Beggarman

Jan 14, 2018
I won't go into too much detail because it's, y'know, personal medical shit, but COVID recovery times are completely up in the air. I know at least one person who needed ventilating but went back to work almost immediately, and know of people who didn't get admitted at all but are still getting neuological problems >6mo later. Personally, I was out for at least 3 months and I wasn't even hospitalized.

I'd say give it a few months before expecting proper work to resume. Don't be too pessimistic unless they haven't responded by Christmas. Popping on discord is probably the best place to get news, but off the top of my head, I don't know if it's patron only or not.

4.60 star(s) 9 Votes