3.90 star(s) 109 Votes

J.R.

Jan 2, 2020
Does this developer change much from beta to release? I'd like to play it, but I don't want to have to go back?
As far as I know this is already the final version for Patreon. It is only named "beta" because there are maybe some small typos etc which get fixed before it's released on steam. I had actually no problems with the update.

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
A variable that is either True or False so in other words you are either on the path or not.
Yes, but would that even remotely reflect how an actual relationship works? "Hey, Nora, do you want to shag? Yeah? Great." So obviously a series of variables should be used with the truefalse switch . . . which is basically the same thing as tracking points. If you miss out on points, it's the same as a variable being false when it should be true. I really don't see why that would be better unless you're oversimplifying it with only a couple of choices, in which case the relationships would seem far too inauthentic.

Guyin Cognito

Gentleman Pervert
Donor
Feb 23, 2018
I'm playing through the game for the first time. I've got version "0.15 steam release"
I see from the comments there's been some editing people don't like, and people are getting into arguments with the dev.
We can debate whether games like this should be made "for the audience" or "for the artist" until the cows come home, but it won't change anything in the long run. Instead, I suggest the following.

First, if someone could lay out which versions had content that was removed, that would be really helpful.
Then, anyone who still has those versions needs to let the rest of us know and hold on to them.
Eventually, a modder will be willing to help out by making a bootleg version/patch that adds back in the removed content, but they'll need a copy of the removed content in order to do that.

It would be better and easier if SuperWriter would just make the removed scenes available as "non-canon bonus content," but my guess would be that after all this arguing, that's not something they'll be particularly interested in doing. At the end of the day, the artist is the artist and can and will do what they want. If SuperWriter wants to "George Lucas" the game, the only thing we can do about it is make a bootleg that still has Han shoot first ... er, the pregnancy and harem content.

NakedSingularity

May 17, 2022
OK I'm a bit confused. A few choices say the game will remember that but it doesn't seem to actually affect anything, if what the dev states at the end is true and this is the end of the game. Also a bit disappointed that Irene wants to crank out her own basketball team worth of kids, but gets no help. I really wanted the MC to also knock up his mom (really gonna miss her furry ginger kitty) and 3 sisters and give the firstborn son a bunch of half-siblings to breed with later. *Sigh* Maybe in Secret Summer 2 set 15-20 years in the future MC will also get to put little girls in his little girls (I doubt he's going to have 12 boys in a row) Midlife Crisis style.

Last edited:

ShiroOkami2

Mar 14, 2020
Writing and renders always top, though this update scenes just felt a little rushed. Kinda like SuperWriter is starting to burn out doing so much all at once, hope I am wrong and if dev needs a break should take one

LionHeart 95

Aug 30, 2020
sorry for the length in advance..

Well, the last episode of Secret Summer played, and, in the books, I say the game over all was a great game I looked forward to each episode. I see some liked it and many felt let down by the end scenes. I totally understand this mixed feeling coming from the fans/critics, Dev explained that the end was what it is. And possibility of expansion stories may come from it.

I think the novel became boring and cumbersome to work on. Based on the endings. As you can see the ends were almost there but not quite. But the buildup was, well Great. While I add possible ways, I would end them below it would all be gratuitous pandering to over play a game, that had an in-game time of only a summer long 3 months. So, I understand it was time to end the game. Just a quick thought in fantasy dreams worlds the time is irrelevant. The writer dictates the passing of time. And in this game, it truly did not follow any time in reality. Irene is already showing like she is near the end of the pregnancy yet she is in her first trimester that baby is going to be big lol.

I do feel a simple 2 or 3 renders would have closed the individual ends up a little better. With a couple hundred words. I think what most people are missing and why they are saying the endings are flat is because there is no image of what is next for them. Most paths end just leaving the future hanging out in nothing with no real possibility given to the reader of what is next. dev missed that part the reader needs, if it was there you would want to play the game again and again. Instead, you are left feeling let down. The reader is left to imagine the ending from a place with no direction established.

Nora, for example. Ending it at the climax where we can go raw and that is the last we see of her! All right after conveying a lager plot was possibly planed. This kind of put me out on the end it was like binge watching a new favorite show and after 3 seasons gets canceled mid-season. No cliffhanger or Shane riding off into the sunset. I would have preferred another scene with her. it did end on a high note and intimacy. But why add the “mafia” scene at the bakery if you were not going to use it. The scene added suspense but was not needed to end her path. Her ending needed one that brought all the ladies together and this would have helped the other endings as that brings the summer to a close with everyone together Bar-B-Que. One last pool bikini scene.

Coral, sure the game she and the Mc played “they won” but the buildup was better than the end the challenges had actual game scenes in them so we could feel we were in it with them but the ending of her path was a true let down even the sex was rushed it almost felt like the reader (Mc) was on the outside looking in. Its was the first time I felt I was watching the game instead of being immersed in it. not actually part of this path we should have had renders of game play instead of fuzzy screen and the special prize would have been better if the script had them showing the sim game and getting the mentorship to take it further maybe a scholarship for Coral in graphic design. The game just left her hanging out there like in limbo frozen in time. There was no future to imagine here just WTF comes to mind here is how it was left.

Leanne, her path played out very well (for me), as fans always want more, I would maybe ended it with a future scene of her maybe in a nutcracker play maybe Christmas in July special would have been good a close for her. Or possibly MC sending her off to school with a render from the classroom where she is getting instruction. But her end felt more complete than all the others.

Zoe, Her path ended how I think everyone watching a bad guy movie knows how it should end. the bad guy just gave in the end. I think dev was too light on the script for the Dom Sub script. Too lovely not enough Dom as the script said the Mc read up on it, he was too soft as a Dom. The start was great but his follow through was weak her requesting the punishment is not being a Sub. better option was to spank her ass for punishment then F**k it. That would have been better than the anal scene which was a great lover scene not a Dom/Sub scene. The way the script goes, it was a reward. and I would have used the safe word in the bathroom to get out of telling her or so no punishment making the rest of the script fit correctly.

Irene, I guess it would be very hard to get a good render with them in the waterfall dreamscape of the future. I would have the crib scene here and a second pregnancy with a child in the crib.

All, after each one ended their path, I would have brought them all together for one last scene and had a summer is over party with all the characters saying thank you to the fans. Kink a like a small family reunion. “See you in our next adventure”

I know its not my game, but I needed an end that had meaning not just hung out to dry all alone. I like to feel part of the world the devs create and I was in this game all they way until I felt lost on how to move on in the game from each ending. Dev this one needs you to revisit it after a season do the short you mentioned bounce back and fourth between a few writings build a game to completion while building one you publish like this one you stat as good as this was in the beginning and find a way to keep our attention once its complete you will reach a level only a few have reached

Guyin Cognito

Gentleman Pervert
Donor
Feb 23, 2018
Does anyone else think it's weird that the game keeps mentioning the girls' gums during BJ scenes? That's literally just the part of the mouth that attaches the teeth to the jaw, isn't it? Every time the game mentions gums, it puts this picture in my head of a girl with no teeth, and it reminds me of the horrifying and uncomfortable joke in Nutty Professor 2 with the grandma saying, "Come over here, and I'll gum ya." That is not what I want to be reminded of while playing this kind of a game.
Is there something about how blowjobs work that I'm failing to understand?

Crowangel

Dec 12, 2021
as cute as she is normally id like to see Zoe in her new hair style more often it makes her look even better than ever

bamachine

Nov 17, 2020
A bit like GOT, overall worth the trip but when we were getting near the destination, we went straight to ludicrous speed.

Reactions: mofonistik
Jan 31, 2020
Is it really so hard to make a good or enjoyable ending?
I don't understand the logic in doing things like this, it just leaves a nasty taste in my mouth.
To the point of making me have no desire to support this dev, or play any of his other game, it's like he just says fuck it.
I'm done with this game who cares??? Wow, you really are a Super Writer :FacePalm:

NakedSingularity

May 17, 2022
Is it really so hard to make a good or enjoyable ending?
I don't understand the logic in doing things like this, it just leaves a nasty taste in my mouth.
To the point of making me have no desire to support this dev, or play any of his other game, it's like he just says fuck it.
I'm done with this game who cares??? Wow, you really are a Super Writer :FacePalm:
LOL. Well, I was kinda disappointed that the end seemed rushed (ie what happened to the thugs wanting to close Norah's shop? The update simply removes that developing conflict). I really wanted the MC to get the mom and all 3 sisters pregnant eventually as well and not just Irene, but oh well, it is what it is. My guess is the dev was getting burned out/bored/whatever and decided to end it by running it into a brick wall with a rushed ending rather than toss it into the ocean and abandon it. As disappointed as I am at the ending simply abandoning it right at a cliffhangar and starting a new project soon after would be far worse, at least to me. Hot Sands of Antarctica is getting passed on to a new dev after the og dev plans to abandon that one (remains to be seen how smooth that will go). Perhaps that is what should have been done with Secret Summer as well.

3.90 star(s) 109 Votes