3.90 star(s) 109 Votes

LionHeart 95

Aug 30, 2020
I have yet to play the ending that is being released at this time. But I have a Question for Super Writer. If you say you have reached the end of your thought process for the game and the ending suits you, are you willing to do a fan release? What I mean is will you let fans vote on or submit script for an optional Ending? You could use it for your short stories, at lease it would have all the back story and it could be a single ep for patrons of your game. also you just might get inspired to write the closure the fans need to Love your game not just play it. I personally had hoped the bakery scene would been played out and the mom was my main Li. everyone else was secondary. so that may be sad if no follow-up and if left out to my imagination.

I do like the VN and enjoy your work. and it is well done even the story is captivating. as for ending of Secret Summer I don't know yet.

Question for you to ponder is the game for your readers or just you?

thank you for your time.

Jul 2, 2022
I have yet to play the ending that is being released at this time. But I have a Question for Super Writer. If you say you have reached the end of your thought process for the game and the ending suits you, are you willing to do a fan release? What I mean is will you let fans vote on or submit script for an optional Ending? You could use it for your short stories, at lease it would have all the back story and it could be a single ep for patrons of your game. also you just might get inspired to write the closure the fans need to Love your game not just play it. I personally had hoped the bakery scene would been played out and the mom was my main Li. everyone else was secondary. so that may be sad if no follow-up and if left out to my imagination.

I do like the VN and enjoy your work. and it is well done even the story is captivating. as for ending of Secret Summer I don't know yet.

Question for you to ponder is the game for your readers or just you?

thank you for your time.
Hm, you know what? Maybe, that isn't a bad idea. Like I said before though, a lot of complaints I see are from free players who are not even supporting me. But if my patrons are also unhappy, then 100% They're the ones who are paying the bills after all.

I am making this game for you guys and for myself because obviously I enjoy writing this type of content. I have to really think about it and maybe I will do a poll. I'm not 100% sure which way to about this yet, but again, this is a real option.

Make everyone happy. Thank you for the suggestion.

Jul 2, 2022
Pretty disappointing, boring, and unsatisfying endings in my opinion.
If you want more content then I can think about doing that but if you are finding them boring then I don't think adding more would help the problem. I wrote the endings just as I have done with all the previous content and I put all of my effort into that.

If I decided to add more content then it would just be continuing the storylines that you are finding boring. But I appreciate you for playing anyway.

Sep 3, 2020
If you want more content then I can think about doing that but if you are finding them boring then I don't think adding more would help the problem. I wrote the endings just as I have done with all the previous content and I put all of my effort into that.

If I decided to add more content then it would just be continuing the storylines that you are finding boring. But I appreciate you for playing anyway.
for me as long as monogamy it's an option and

as long as I'm not forced to sleep with a girl

I'm a happy man

Reactions: wakkawalla

micojive

Oct 2, 2017
Hm, you know what? Maybe, that isn't a bad idea. Like I said before though, a lot of complaints I see are from free players who are not even supporting me. But if my patrons are also unhappy, then 100% They're the ones who are paying the bills after all.

I am making this game for you guys and for myself because obviously I enjoy writing this type of content. I have to really think about it and maybe I will do a poll. I'm not 100% sure which way to about this yet, but again, this is a real option.

Make everyone happy. Thank you for the suggestion.
The only thing I don't agree with is separating the people in your mind as supporters and non supporters. Think this is a bad way to look at it, and this is coming from someone who does support it. If people don't like how a story goes, or that endings are pretty consistently below the quality of the rest of the game then the chance that that person ends up becoming a supporter is low. If you care that much about the people supporting the game you should be caring about the people who are on the fence about throwing some money your way too.

Jul 2, 2022
The only thing I don't agree with is separating the people in your mind as supporters and non supporters. Think this is a bad way to look at it, and this is coming from someone who does support it. If people don't like how a story goes, or that endings are pretty consistently below the quality of the rest of the game then the chance that that person ends up becoming a supporter is low. If you care that much about the people supporting the game you should be caring about the people who are on the fence about throwing some money your way too.
I get what you're saying, but separating is important for the simple fact that my supports actually enjoy all the content I make. And the non supporters very easily say, "fuck this dev and the ending" and I'm not a priority for them. They might pop in on this game from time to time.

So if for the last 3 years they have not even supported the game once because it's just something they play once in a while and don't care about that much then I wouldn't put as much weight And to what they're saying over the people who have been following and keeping updated.

My patron so far have been happy with the game and have been sending me positive messages so that's why I was confused why I was getting bashed on here. Is this really how the majority feels? So that's the reason for statements.

But like I said, I will think about a poll or I'll ask my patrons directly how they felt about the ending.

kcaldw

Feb 19, 2021
Hi Superwriter just wanted to let you know that I appreciate the update that you put out but it was kinda weak sauce dude. You know that you could have done better to end this game.

Spatenklopper

Jun 4, 2021
Hm, you know what? Maybe, that isn't a bad idea.
I don't know, if this is a good idea.

Don't get me wrong, I love your stories, but I just don't like the "quick" endings.

You don't want to make long stories, but that's where the problem lies.
Your writing and the buildup are actually aiming for exactly that, but then it turns out differently.
To me it feels like someone ripping a few pages out of a great book.

If you don't feel it and want it that way, that's ok.
The last thing a dev should do is write their story the way other people want it, because if your heart isn't in it, it will show.

If you don't
want it, don't make it.

I will continue to follow your stories and live with the unsatisfactory endings for me.

Reactions: EZ8lt
Jul 2, 2022
Hi Superwriter just wanted to let you know that I appreciate the update that you put out but it was kinda weak sauce dude. You know that you could have done better to end this game.
That's fair. Can you please explain to me why it was weak and what you would have done different?

Jul 2, 2022
I don't know, if this is a good idea.

Don't get me wrong, I love your stories, but I just don't like the "quick" endings.

You don't want to make long stories, but that's where the problem lies.
Your writing and the buildup are actually aiming for exactly that, but then it turns out differently.
To me it feels like someone ripping a few pages out of a great book.

If you don't feel it and want it that way, that's ok.
The last thing a dev should do is write their story the way other people want it, because if your heart isn't in it, it will show.

If you don't
want it, don't make it.

I will continue to follow your stories and live with the unsatisfactory endings for me.
Yeah, I see your point of view here which is why I don't want to make full games anymore. To me it's about building up and getting into a new idea and then I am ready to move on. I am happy with how this game is but some people are not because they want more content and I just don't want to continue this game for another year or two. At least not right now anyway. I want to move on to another idea.

But like I said I will see and review everything and all of the feedback I'm getting

sharpys

May 21, 2017
I'm of the observation that you shouldn't be gearing towards harem-type games anymore, rather slice of life situations with absurd conditions. These massive groupies with intertwined endings are clearly not your forte nor interest anymore based on a desire to create short stories.

Kassan06969

Apr 14, 2022
Haven't played yet, but not looking good. I FUCKING hate when games pull that "you don't have enough points for that" bullshit especially when it has to be almost perfect to not get that. Coral is the one I'm hoping for, but no real content before.

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
Haven't played yet, but not looking good. I FUCKING hate when games pull that "you don't have enough points for that" bullshit especially when it has to be almost perfect to not get that. Coral is the one I'm hoping for, but no real content before.
How should games track whether a potential LI has gained feelings, lust, or whatever for the MC?

• Angry
Reactions: LordSinner

kcaldw

Feb 19, 2021
That's fair. Can you please explain to me why it was weak and what you would have done different?
You could have done better on the ending's to all the girls route's . I liked how Coral and the MC finished their tournament but you could have at least started the route where her and the MC are opening up their gaming company with the help of Sasha and Miracle. And the Zoe ending was ok but maybe have her quit her internship so she can work on her sex blog full time or something. Leanne's route was the only decent one other than Irene's in my opinion. Norah's to me was my least favorite because it just seemed rushed. I mean I get where you said that you didn't see her getting pregnant right now but maybe in a DLC. But to have her open her restaurant and then that's it that in itself is kinda weak. You could have showed like in the Irene ending several months later where business is booming making Norah the talk of the town and a popular hangout and make John look like a complete ass. You just could have done better. Still love the game and your still 1 of my favorite DEVS who actually puts out update on the regular.

Reactions: mofonistik
Jul 2, 2022
You could have done better on the ending's to all the girls route's . I liked how Coral and the MC finished their tournament but you could have at least started the route where her and the MC are opening up their gaming company with the help of Sasha and Miracle. And the Zoe ending was ok but maybe have her quit her internship so she can work on her sex blog full time or something. Leanne's route was the only decent one other than Irene's in my opinion. Norah's to me was my least favorite because it just seemed rushed. I mean I get where you said that you didn't see her getting pregnant right now but maybe in a DLC. But to have her open her restaurant and then that's it that in itself is kinda weak. You could have showed like in the Irene ending several months later where business is booming making Norah the talk of the town and a popular hangout and make John look like a complete ass. You just could have done better. Still love the game and your still 1 of my favorite DEVS who actually puts out update on the regular.
Okay, so you simply want more content like everyone else. Again, I do not want to do long games and I am happy where I am ending this one. I actually like to leave the endings open so that I have the option to do a DLC or sequel in the future if I decide.

Anyway, I'm hoping that my short visual novel collection can remedy the ending problem that some of you seem to have, with each of being about 6 updates long.

That's it for me on this site now. I can only take so much bashing lmao. Hopefully you guys get my new game a try but if you don't good luck on finding others you do enjoy. Bye

Draon79

Oct 28, 2018
SuperWriter honestly it is not about adding extra content it is about making a satisfying ending, one that wraps up the story in some way that makes it feel finished to the reader. Think of it like a movie, I will use boys in the hood as an example, at the end it gave a final "Here is what happened" style closing to each character. That is basically what you are missing in the endings, what you have now and have for PP makes it seem like there should be more since there is no real closure to the story, its like a cliffhanger with no guarantee of a next season, it just leaves us unfulfilled.

3.90 star(s) 109 Votes