3.90 star(s) 109 Votes

ghjghjghj

Dec 10, 2018
Well, I think it's fine the way it is and have already explained why. I'm sorry you don't like it, but it's maybe 5 minutes out of a game that is around 2 hours long. There's a walkthrough like I said if you hate it that much.

You and one other person have complained about the maze game, and everyone else has said this is a great update and they really enjoyed it. So I can't take the opinions of 2 people over everyone else when everyone else seems okay.

if more people complain about the maze game then I will reevaluate it because obviously they are not having fun and that's not what I want.

I hope you understand. Thanks
I mean obviously it's up to you, but I'm curious about why you think the current maze implementation is fun. I honestly don't see how it could be enjoyable, so apparently I'm missing something. I would like to know what I'm not seeing here. I know you mentioned choices and consequences before, but that doesn't seem inherently and obviously fun to me - otherwise a scrambled combination lock would be a great toy - so, I assume I'm not getting something.

And it's worth keeping in mind that just because people like other aspects of the game and don't complain about this one doesn't mean they do actually like it. As you say, it is a relatively small part of the game, so I wouldn't expect general purpose praise to necessarily include this exact scene. This kind of thing has showed up in a great number of games and I've only ever seen criticism of it so I'd be a little surprised if most of the people playing your game specifically were so different.

At any rate, I really appreciate you being open to discussing this stuff!

Talmadge

May 7, 2018
About my previous post. I downloaded what I thought was an update to this game, as it was called Secret Summer - Chapter 2. Turns out, it was a completely different game about twins who parent-trap and switch places. LoL. Can't find it on this forum, though. Got it through a different site. Oh well. Between the two, this one is 100% better.

Deleted member 1412183

Game Developer
May 15, 2019
I mean obviously it's up to you, but I'm curious about why you think the current maze implementation is fun. I honestly don't see how it could be enjoyable, so apparently I'm missing something. I would like to know what I'm not seeing here. I know you mentioned choices and consequences before, but that doesn't seem inherently and obviously fun to me - otherwise a scrambled combination lock would be a great toy - so, I assume I'm not getting something.

And it's worth keeping in mind that just because people like other aspects of the game and don't complain about this one doesn't mean they do actually like it. As you say, it is a relatively small part of the game, so I wouldn't expect general purpose praise to necessarily include this exact scene. This kind of thing has showed up in a great number of games and I've only ever seen criticism of it so I'd be a little surprised if most of the people playing your game specifically were so different.

At any rate, I really appreciate you being open to discussing this stuff!
No prob about discussing things, it's the whole reason I'm even on this site, to interact with the fans of my games. But the maze game is based on one I played as a kid and it was pretty much based on luck, so again, yes the game is random. I can't tell you why you don't like it, though.

And you say other people might not like it, but I guess they don't care enough to comment because I haven't seen anyone else complaining about it besides you. And I have 500+ patrons and have not gotten a single complaint.

And like I said, if I do get a lot of complaints then I am open to changing things.

Hope I answered all your questions and concerns =]

About my previous post. I downloaded what I thought was an update to this game, as it was called Secret Summer - Chapter 2. Turns out, it was a completely different game about twins who parent-trap and switch places. LoL. Can't find it on this forum, though. Got it through a different site. Oh well. Between the two, this one is 100% better.
Ah, yeah. That was actually the early version of the game where there were two twin protagonists, but that was nuked more than a year ago lol. A lot of people were complaining and were confused, so would they be my very first time as a developer I decided to make it easier and do one protagonist.

I'll probably do a twin game in the future

Poser_Voyeur

Nov 14, 2020
Well, I think it's fine the way it is and have already explained why. I'm sorry you don't like it, but it's maybe 5 minutes out of a game that is around 2 hours long. There's a walkthrough like I said if you hate it that much.

You and one other person have complained about the maze game, and everyone else has said this is a great update and they really enjoyed it. So I can't take the opinions of 2 people over everyone else when everyone else seems okay.

if more people complain about the maze game then I will reevaluate it because obviously they are not having fun and that's not what I want.

I hope you understand. Thanks
As a one-off the maze was fine. I just followed walkthrough. But hope not sin of things to come. Would rather you concentrate on what you do best.
Initially I was taken aback by how quick the lead up to Leanne's scene, especially as was nt huge hints beforehand about V-word, But I read your previous comments in this thread and that did help make sense of it.

Deleted member 1412183

Game Developer
May 15, 2019
As a one-off the maze was fine. I just followed walkthrough. But hope not sin of things to come. Would rather you concentrate on what you do best.
Initially I was taken aback by how quick the lead up to Leanne's scene, especially as was nt huge hints beforehand about V-word, But I read your previous comments in this thread and that did help make sense of it.
Don't worry, my games are basically dating simulators that focus on the girls, and getting points with them. The maze was only there because of the nature of Coral and her video game playing.

And yeah, as you get to know the girls, you are going to find out more things about them like Irene not being able to get pregnant and Leanne being a virgin. Everybody usually has a secret or two, right? No different with these girls. =]

ghjghjghj

Dec 10, 2018
No prob about discussing things, it's the whole reason I'm even on this site, to interact with the fans of my games. But the maze game is based on one I played as a kid and it was pretty much based on luck, so again, yes the game is random. I can't tell you why you don't like it, though.
I think there are a couple main reasons why I dislike it so much. I'll try to explain them, maybe it'll be useful in the future - or not.

Part of it is the random nature. Even if there were some small indicators it would help. By itself I don't think this aspect is so terribly awful, but when you combine it with the next couple aspects it really ramps up how much I dislike it.

There isn't even a reward involved at any point. It's just a random punishment. Not getting beat is better than getting beat, but, it's kind of hard to be feel too positively about somebody that declares they won't beat you - this time. And that's only if you're lucky or already using a walkthrough.

The punish is also pretty large. There's only a screen or two before it dumps you back to the main menu with no real warning. That's just such a huge punishment for what is basically a bad die roll. You lose all the progress since the last save. You then have to load it up, and start skipping. A bad random choice literally throws me out of your game. I'm invested in your story, and then out of nowhere suddenly I get hit with this huge context switch. And then have to waste time getting back to where I was. It's kind of like throwing me out and then making fun of my time - and then I get to associate all those feelings with your story that I'm skipping through.

Anyway, I hope that helps explain I disliked it so much.

Reactions: Crazymic79

Hellkinglucifer

Apr 29, 2020
You lose all the progress since the last save. You then have to load it up, and start skipping. A bad random choice literally throws me out of your game. And then have to waste time getting back to where I was.
There is this small thing called automatic saves that makes it so you lose pretty much nothing for a bad choice ;)
I do get what you are saying about unnecessary bad endings.

Deleted member 1412183

Game Developer
May 15, 2019
I think there are a couple main reasons why I dislike it so much. I'll try to explain them, maybe it'll be useful in the future - or not.

Part of it is the random nature. Even if there were some small indicators it would help. By itself I don't think this aspect is so terribly awful, but when you combine it with the next couple aspects it really ramps up how much I dislike it.

There isn't even a reward involved at any point. It's just a random punishment. Not getting beat is better than getting beat, but, it's kind of hard to be feel too positively about somebody that declares they won't beat you - this time. And that's only if you're lucky or already using a walkthrough.

The punish is also pretty large. There's only a screen or two before it dumps you back to the main menu with no real warning. That's just such a huge punishment for what is basically a bad die roll. You lose all the progress since the last save. You then have to load it up, and start skipping. A bad random choice literally throws me out of your game. I'm invested in your story, and then out of nowhere suddenly I get hit with this huge context switch. And then have to waste time getting back to where I was. It's kind of like throwing me out and then making fun of my time - and then I get to associate all those feelings with your story that I'm skipping through.

Anyway, I hope that helps explain I disliked it so much.
Like Hellking said, there are automatic saves, and you get the game over message followed by more text, so you have the opportunity to rollback, but I'll consider your comments in the future. Thank you

Modjoc00l

Nov 10, 2020
People seriously complaining about the mini maze game?

For gods sake, are you really that lazy/impatient? And this in a game where you have a mousewheel to easy rewind your choices if you aren't "hardcore" and stick with your first choice no matter what.

And you even can play the odds a bit if you use your brain. Usually when the dev isn't thinking the players are lazy, the correct path won't be the first.
So I started at the bottom, got to the hide/turn back choice and because turning back sounded stupid, I got again the correct choice. I only messed up the last choice because I started at the bottom again and the correct one was the middle.
But this wasn't too bad because I only had to move my finger a small amount on my mousewheel and got the correct choice.
I even took the time and checked out all the other possibilitys to see if there is another "correct" way, but there wasn't. And all the wrong choices got the kill screen right on the next screen, NOT only many screens.
Which is, like I said, no big deal and rewound in a second.

So quit being lazy ass players, stop complaining about the maze.

theola

Dec 21, 2019
People seriously complaining about the mini maze game?

For gods sake, are you really that lazy/impatient? And this in a game where you have a mousewheel to easy rewind your choices if you aren't "hardcore" and stick with your first choice no matter what.

And you even can play the odds a bit if you use your brain. Usually when the dev isn't thinking the players are lazy, the correct path won't be the first.
So I started at the bottom, got to the hide/turn back choice and because turning back sounded stupid, I got again the correct choice. I only messed up the last choice because I started at the bottom again and the correct one was the middle.
But this wasn't too bad because I only had to move my finger a small amount on my mousewheel and got the correct choice.
I even took the time and checked out all the other possibilitys to see if there is another "correct" way, but there wasn't. And all the wrong choices got the kill screen right on the next screen, NOT only many screens.
Which is, like I said, no big deal and rewound in a second.

So quit being lazy ass players, stop complaining about the maze.
The complaint is not necessarily about the maze itself but the quick change of context and the punishment, so perhaps you should try to understand and interpret posts properly.

Moreover, it was more like an advice to the developer, which I think he should take note of, the fact that most people prefer to ignore it doesn't mean it is okay.

Deleted member 1412183

Game Developer
May 15, 2019
The complaint is not necessarily about the maze itself but the quick change of context and the punishment, so perhaps you should try to understand and interpret posts properly.

Moreover, it was more like an advice to the developer, which I think he should take note of, the fact that most people prefer to ignore it doesn't mean it is okay.
One thing I have learned as a developer over the past year and a half is if people have a problem, they certainly do not have a problem voicing it lol. ESPECIALLY on this site.

So if people truly did have a problem with the maze, I would have more than 2 or 3 complaints versus the 10-20 comments saying this update was great.

But of course I'm open to changing things. All feedback is welcome,

Reactions: JC07 and arroganz

Modjoc00l

Nov 10, 2020

What punishment? Pushing the mousewheel a bit?
Perhaps you should try to understand posts properly.

What quick change of context?
It did fit to the Coral and her video game storyline, like the Dev already pointed out.
Otherwise your reasoning would also "going on a dinner date with someone and getting a quick blowjob in the restroom during the date" qualify as "quick change of context" because a dinner usually has nothing todo with a blowjob.

Reactions: Edrick23

Heavy Sleeper

May 10, 2020
What punishment? Pushing the mousewheel a bit?
Perhaps you should try to understand posts properly.

What quick change of context?
It did fit to the Coral and her video game storyline, like the Dev already pointed out.
Otherwise your reasoning would also "going on a dinner date with someone and getting a quick blowjob in the restroom during the date" qualify as "quick change of context" because a dinner usually has nothing todo with a blowjob.
why do you want to continue to argue about something the dev already comment and explained their stance on? do you like to argue on the internet? if not, then just drop it, the dev and the people who complained said their peace, and the dev knows that basically only those people complained.

Now you just arguing for the sake of arguing.

• Angry
Reactions: theola and yudas51

Modjoc00l

Nov 10, 2020
why do you want to continue to argue about something the dev already comment and explained their stance on? do you like to argue on the internet? if not, then just drop it, the dev and the people who complained said their peace, and the dev knows that basically only those people complained.

Now you just arguing for the sake of arguing.
If someone quotes a post of mine, I have the right to respond and defend myself.

Your post on the other hand, complaining about my arguing.... THAT my friend was really unessessary and pointless..
But you did in anyway, so stop complaining about people arguing, if you do it yourself...

indio68

Engaged Member
Sep 26, 2020
One thing I have learned as a developer over the past year and a half is if people have a problem, they certainly do not have a problem voicing it lol. ESPECIALLY on this site.

So if people truly did have a problem with the maze, I would have more than 2 or 3 complaints versus the 10-20 comments saying this update was great.

But of course I'm open to changing things. All feedback is welcome,
I fibnsihed the game...i really liked..the girls renders are great and finally seems unique..made froms cratch not like in some other VN..what i would is to have a compelte game on steam soon..so i can contribute cuz i don't like subcription like patreon. thanks for ypou works hope next updates are coming and the compelte game so i can finally buy it

3.90 star(s) 109 Votes