4.00 star(s) 26 Votes

senpaiggss

Donor
Oct 10, 2017
A very great game , awesome renders , Beautiful characters , interesting story, and the ui is good
can't wait for the next update and to see more

Reactions: Eric X.

Eric X.

Developer of the game "Secrets"
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 25, 2017
Hello there!

Thank you everyone for playing my little game, I can see that the new quest system as I call it, or the "event-roaming(tm)" (I like it!) made you react.

So, to be perfectly clear, there is not, and will never be free roaming, or grinding in the game.
You now have a map. And you have the scenes of the episode on the map. You can play them in the order you like, if you want to play them, and you can even play each scene as many times as you want.

You don't have to visit locations to go further in the game.
You don't have to play several times a quest to go further in the story.

What I wanted to do with this system is:

- Letting players playing the scenes they like as many times as they want.
- Letting players NOT playing a scene with a character they don't like.
- Adding a gallery page with a fun way to unlock the images (cards)
- Allowing me to release a scene as soon as I finished one.

So, it was a lot of work. I had to learn how to code a map, how to code a gallery page, how to code cards which unlock the images, etc...
It took time I know, and as you may know, I'm working on Secrets on my free time.
I'm a 40+ guys with a family and an everyday work. I don't have much free time actually, and I dedicate it to my kids first, and to the game.

This new way of doing things have allowed me to release an update 3 weeks only after the previous one! Ok, it's a small quest (15/20 minutes of playtime), but it's a first. And Laure's quest didn't need a lot of content, but it was important you knew Laure because she's the most important secondary character for the story.

Next quest with Zoé will be longer, two or three time longer than Lucy's quest. And there will be 3 sex scenes on this one. I hope to release it within a month.

As always on my way of doing things, I spend a lot of time on scenery. I could use empty rooms to tell my story but that's not my way of doing things. My images need to have a lot of content to fit with the stories of Secrets.
So, it takes time to render on a computer.
And it takes time to tell a story that large.

I'm continually looking for solution to accelerate the regularity of the releases. Buying a new PC is one, working with a render farm is another, working on a distant computer is also another.
With time, I can only improve myself, and I will be able to release like a pro soon.
But for now, don't forget I'm still learning :)

And I know my game need proofreading. I'm totally aware of this, even if it's not that bad really, I'm taking care of this too.
I had two great proofreaders who have worked on their free time on the game, and without asking anything in return.
I'm so thankful to them, but they don't have enough time to work continuously on the game.

So, give me time, and you won't be disappointed :)
And I can assure you of one thing, my game is not going to die soon ;)

is there a possibility to tel Julia my feelings..? in the stats i always get you choose not to reveel your feelings to julia you will never have a romantic relationship with her!?
It's a trap! No, sorry, it's a bug! I'm really sorry for that, I missed that one, and it is now fixed in last update (v2.1).

Characters are really hot even the chubby woman. The art in general is really good. My only concern is about the game build. I mean, there's 3 episode atm, but then the game turns into a map quest minigame, which I find cool but don't understand how this fuse with the chapter "concept"... I guess we gonna have to wait a lot of updates to see how this develops.
Sorry for my "engrish"...
So, I explained above about the new system. This system is for episode 3 only. Episode 4 will be told the classic way. There will be 8 episodes of Secrets. Episode 1,2,3 introduces the story and the characters. Episode 4 will get you into action. Episode 5 will reveal your past, and episode 6, 7, and 8 will make you work to resolve the whole fucking situation!

I think I've taken a wrong turn somewhere, where did I screw up? :cry: By the way it's chosen not choosed.

View attachment 304489

EDIT: Nevermind, it seems to stay there until you do Julia's quest, then it changes depending on your choice. Probably a small oversight.
Yeah, sorry for this bug, and thank you, "chosen" is now written correctly ;)

Fan Sig:

link:
Code:
https://attachments.f95zone.to/2019/05/318824_secrets-fan3.gif
previous: here
Oh my God, I love it! With her face in the background, you may not have done it on purpose @Krull , but you knew how to seize something of her personality. (No, she's not a villain)
Thank you so much!

ThunderRob

Devoted Member
May 10, 2018
@Eric X. some of us notice the backgrounds..they are stunning..i'm ok with your system..its smooth and works fine..i've zero issues..people need to try this game before they pass blanket judgement because they think its "just another sandbox freeroam game blah blah blah"

Reactions: UncleVT and Eric X.

Gwinb777

Mar 8, 2018
@Eric X. I noticed something that puzzle me: in the map section on the summary of the choises of my game says:
"You have choosed to not go further with Louise, you will never be in a romantic relationship with her".
When did I make that choice? I don't remember anything like that. Can you enlighten me?

TheKingCobra

Donor
Dec 6, 2016
@Eric X. I noticed something that puzzle me: in the map section on the summary of the choises of my game says:
"You have choosed to not go further with Louise, you will never be in a romantic relationship with her".
When did I make that choice? I don't remember anything like that. Can you enlighten me?
As I said earlier in this thread, I think that's just a bug. The decision is incredibly obvious and comes later on in the game.
As always on my way of doing things, I spend a lot of time on scenery. I could use empty rooms to tell my story
Hey! What's wrong with having to click through empty rooms 18 hours a day and wasting time? It's a perfect system with no flaws!

Your system's working fine and may even prove superior to others in time. Thanks for a great game <3

Eric X.

Donor
Game Developer
Dec 25, 2017
In episode 1, when you are in her car, with your hand on her thigh, you had the choice to go further or remove your hand. If you have removed your hand, it would explained why you have this in the stats.

ThunderRob

Devoted Member
May 10, 2018
Hottie Cop Babe is my future wife in this game..do NOT deny me dev ;) also..she looks fertile..so...babybump please :p

TheKingCobra

Donor
Dec 6, 2016
In episode 1, when you are in her car, with your hand on her thigh, you had the choice to go further or remove your hand. If you have removed your hand, it would explained why you have this in the stats.
Wow, it's that early a decision? I thought it was related to her last quest.. Well, I've been deceiving people in this thread :<

Eric X.

Donor
Game Developer
Dec 25, 2017
Hottie Cop Babe is my future wife in this game..do NOT deny me dev ;) also..she looks fertile..so...babybump please :p
I won't fail you on this ;) But I thought Lucy's stolen your heart?

Wow, it's that early a decision? I thought it was related to her last quest.. Well, I've been deceiving people in this thread :<
I'm thinking about adding another possibility to open her route, because there will be important scenes with her...:unsure:

Gwinb777

Mar 8, 2018
No I never did such thing, I went all the way to the car hood scene and I even kissed her after she left me in front of Julia's house, waiting for a date with her, the next thing I know is that she came in my bedroom telling me she got the promotion, that's it.
I guess it's a bug as @TheKingCobra said.

ThunderRob

Devoted Member
May 10, 2018
I won't fail you on this ;) But I thought Lucy's stolen your heart?

I'm thinking about adding another possibility to open her route, because there will be important scenes with her...:unsure:
they have all stolen my heart..BUT..with Hottie Cop i know our baby wont be born behind bars..HAHAAAA!!!!

Eric X.

Donor
Game Developer
Dec 25, 2017
No I never did such thing, I went all the way to the car hood scene and I even kissed her after she left me in front of Julia's house, waiting for a date with her, the next thing I know is that she came in my bedroom telling me she got the promotion, that's it.
I guess it's a bug as @TheKingCobra said.
Hmm... :unsure: I'm gonna check that and come back to you with an answer.

Eric X.

Donor
Game Developer
Dec 25, 2017
@Gwinb777 I just play a full game with skip and paying attention to go further with Louise, and everything is normal to me, I can see in the stats I've opened her route, and we did lots of things in my room :)
I'm sorry, try another save maybe?

Reactions: Gwinb777

TheKingCobra

Donor
Dec 6, 2016
@Gwinb777 I just play a full game with skip and paying attention to go further with Louise, and everything is normal to me, I can see in the stats I've opened her route, and we did lots of things in my room :)
I'm sorry, try another save maybe?
That's a good point, is it a new variable that may not have set properly during load? Or maybe the save botched for another reason :S

Reactions: Gwinb777
4.00 star(s) 26 Votes