Ren'Py Secrets of the Family [v0.2.6BR2] [Stiffman Games]

3.80 star(s) 13 Votes

Giraffykins

Nov 25, 2017
Couple questions:
1) I can't seem to trigger the photoshoot event. Is there a specific path I need to grind to make that happen?

2) Angela asks Rayne to call her in the mornings, but every time I try to call I get a "I can't call mom right now" message. Is that something that has not yet been implemented?

3) Valerie wants to hang out with Lynn but every time I try to go to the arcade I'm not allowed, and Lynn is always sleeping or busy at her house.

Overall I'm at 23% progress on stage 2 but unable to find any way to progress.
EDIT: I should mention that I'm playing the 2.2B version from Itch.io

Last edited:

rachelrising

Sep 25, 2017
was anyone able to find the new events that thezaner has hidden around the the house?
please let me know

and thezaner could you please do the quest logs so that all of them show when theres nothing more to do?
you did it for some but not for all. so we can know when we did everything thats possible in the update each time.
i never know if i still have some quests to complete

elsanna_iduna

May 19, 2019
was anyone able to find the new events that thezaner has hidden around the the house?
please let me know

and thezaner could you please do the quest logs so that all of them show when theres nothing more to do?
you did it for some but not for all. so we can know when we did everything thats possible in the update each time.
i never know if i still have some quests to complete
I wasn't able to find any hidden events around the house

pip02

Dec 26, 2017
I am about to finish with 1/3rd of secrets stage 2... It's been a process. But, yes. Expect it here soon. Testers are grabbing it today, so then I'll have more things to accomplish this weekend :) thanks for the great compliment too. That helps since I have been down.
Greetings:

I am sure about all your effort with this project. Several weeks ago I understood you would show us your new progress with the script and fixing some triggers. Well, I think it would be a good chance to show us your work these days. I am sure it has deserved it and of course a lot of people could thank you joining to your patreon. :)

• Haha
Reactions: Sven2022

BDFanZone

Oct 28, 2022
Greetings:

I am sure about all your effort with this project. Several weeks ago I understood you would show us your new progress with the script and fixing some triggers. Well, I think it would be a good chance to show us your work these days. I am sure it has deserved it and of course a lot of people could thank you joining to your patreon. :)
this game is superb I'm a big fan

• Red Heart
Reactions: elsanna_iduna

Alen Mak

Oct 26, 2018
??? the game we are talking about here "secret of the family" the latest version is 2.2B and a new one is coming soon..
yeah i got you, its 1 of the best games, but to pay for not complete game and waiting mounts for small updates-naaaah

elsanna_iduna

May 19, 2019
i tried playing from the beginning again but the mini-games just never trigger.
can someone tell me what the second mini-game actually is?
I was hoping someone would have answered. I am genuinely curious about this myself. I've heard no mention of this addition since its release from any other players.

thezaner

Game Developer
Dec 8, 2020
Sorry for not being around lately. I have been working 90 plus hours weekly, covid, giant 3 foot snow storms killed my electric and of course one of my servers i use for rendering. I got that fixed and now own another 3090 in the place of 2 blown 2080's.

I will update and upload the "free" game tonight when I am done with work at my second job. I have been also doing the update for WRCTF redux, which has been taking a while to complete. I have written the scripts for that, as well as helping a few other people with their ideas for games.

As far as the games not triggering, let's see... They trigger for me, and a few other people. In which I think it is the newer version of renpy that kills all the calls I use to trigger those games. The new renpy system won't allow calls (Just like a Mac, and have been trying to figure that out. Since that would mean a complete over-haul (Again) I have been changing parts of the game so that calls are not used, but a jump function. If I try to play it in the new renpy system, it completely crashes the game. Using version 7.5 does not crash. There is a huge bug in the new renpy engine that does not allow the older code to work correctly. So, I am still using that engine to complete this game. A major headache for Devs... They never think that changing one part of the engine would affect so many things, I guess.

This is a major game, which in truth, I did not know that in the beginning of making it would cause so many delays. I am constantly working on this and the other. Trying to make everyone happy is difficult, but I am up for the challenge. I am sorry the game is so delayed, but it will be for the better, since I have been dreaming of saying that I create that!

Thanks for all that support me, and consider this to be a great game. I appreciate and honor all of you who does.

BYK370

Apr 29, 2020
Sorry for not being around lately. I have been working 90 plus hours weekly, covid, giant 3 foot snow storms killed my electric and of course one of my servers i use for rendering. I got that fixed and now own another 3090 in the place of 2 blown 2080's.

I will update and upload the "free" game tonight when I am done with work at my second job. I have been also doing the update for WRCTF redux, which has been taking a while to complete. I have written the scripts for that, as well as helping a few other people with their ideas for games.

As far as the games not triggering, let's see... They trigger for me, and a few other people. In which I think it is the newer version of renpy that kills all the calls I use to trigger those games. The new renpy system won't allow calls (Just like a Mac, and have been trying to figure that out. Since that would mean a complete over-haul (Again) I have been changing parts of the game so that calls are not used, but a jump function. If I try to play it in the new renpy system, it completely crashes the game. Using version 7.5 does not crash. There is a huge bug in the new renpy engine that does not allow the older code to work correctly. So, I am still using that engine to complete this game. A major headache for Devs... They never think that changing one part of the engine would affect so many things, I guess.

This is a major game, which in truth, I did not know that in the beginning of making it would cause so many delays. I am constantly working on this and the other. Trying to make everyone happy is difficult, but I am up for the challenge. I am sorry the game is so delayed, but it will be for the better, since I have been dreaming of saying that I create that!

Thanks for all that support me, and consider this to be a great game. I appreciate and honor all of you who does.
been waiting for it~

Udayana

Oct 19, 2021
thezaner
For some reason the game doesn't appear in its due position in "latest upates":
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I guess it should be fixed so that people know it has been recently updated.

3.80 star(s) 13 Votes