Ren'Py Secrets of the Family [v0.2.6BR2] [Stiffman Games]

3.80 star(s) 13 Votes

Ahchi

Forum Fanatic
Jul 17, 2020

Hello all! Here it is, finally. Let me go through the recent changes and changelog:
Errors:
  • Fixed when Lynn or Brynn are working, but still stuck at home during the map screen.
  • Fixed an ongoing error of the gallery button staying after you close it
  • Revamped the Angela events to be more readable in code, and also be more stable with each change to the game
  • Revamped Brynn's school actions as well as Valerie's Home actions for the same reason
  • Fixed quest system so when you click on an event, they actually display what is needed.
Added:
  • Added another Gallery page for this update. Next update, I will be making that easier to navigate by certain editions when they come out.
  • 2.7's update does include the continuation and added more events to Mari, Brynn, and Lynn. Valerie's update is smaller, and Angela's working habits have now changed.
  • Separated the events according to when they happen. eg. In code, 2.7 has new files to make it easier for me to keep up
  • Added another 300+ images and about another hour to 2 hours of play, depending on how you play it.
  • Added certain paths that will affect the story tremendously for the next few updates.
  • Added more quest hints and quest buttons.
  • Phone system still needs major repair, however in the next update of 2.8 those should be fixed and streamlined
  • A few new photoshoots are available as well.
  • Lynn's Arcade series is complete up until this point
  • Mari's events are complete until 2.8
  • Brynn's events are complete until 2.8
  • Angela's Working events have changed drastically, but no need to restart, unless you really want to.
Thanks again for all you patience! I appreciate it all :) And everything is great with the family and my mother. Thank you for all your concern.
This update is for $5.00 and above for now, until next week. Then it becomes available for the rest.

seacat1

Aug 18, 2018
It's hard to tell what is and isn't a soft lock in this game since from what I read you need to repeat some actions over 30 times before it will progress. Maybe the new version will lay off on that? Hopefully.

Oct 27, 2023
I am liking this game so far. Can't do much yet. Will keep up on the posts...thanks!! I'm new to this theme and I like it. Is there way to get it w/o joining a social media? I really hate social media. I just read back on some of the posts... hope you're fam is doing good and you too!! Take care of yourself first ya know... looks like a cool game so far.

Last edited:

BDFanZone

Oct 28, 2022
This update is for $5.00 and above for now, << Patreon for Supporters
until next week. Then it becomes available for the rest. << Patreon for the Public
dudes do not rush this update doesn't work so save your money....many bugs around a "web cam4" (global name 'webcam4' is not defined)....WTF did i lost 5 bucks here ?

Ahchi

Forum Fanatic
Jul 17, 2020
Get also, and a lot, this error "
NameError: global name 'webcam4' is not defined
"
Is that why i am stuck at 38% level 2 ?
I managed to get up to 59%, But don't ask me how I did it!
I had to "Ignore" so many "trackbacks" plus I think I may have soft-locked a few events
Photo shoot with Bynn, Shooting Range, and a visit from Lynn?

BDFanZone

Oct 28, 2022
I managed to get up to 59%, But don't ask me how I did it!
I had to "Ignore" so many "trackbacks" plus I think I may have soft-locked a few events
Photo shoot with Bynn, Shooting Range, and a visit from Lynn?
the same....WTF being there after waiting sooo long this update ? As we say here " foutage de gueule"

Udayana

Oct 19, 2021
the same....WTF being there after waiting sooo long this update ? As we say here " foutage de gueule"
Not all of us, personally I've never said that, "d'accord OK" neither :ROFLMAO: And it rather seems the developper has difficulty to master too complicated mechanisms.

BOBJevent

Feb 23, 2020
Seems the dev needs to regroup and simplify, the K I S S principle works every time. If Dev can't work it out how then we have no chance of accomplishing the intended outcome. o_O

Reactions: BDFanZone
3.80 star(s) 13 Votes