Ren'Py Secrets of the Family [v0.2.6BR2] [Stiffman Games]

3.80 star(s) 13 Votes

jned5411

Apr 28, 2017
I managed to get up to 59%, But don't ask me how I did it!
I had to "Ignore" so many "trackbacks" plus I think I may have soft-locked a few events
Photo shoot with Bynn, Shooting Range, and a visit from Lynn?
I've been able to get up 65% by opening the console and changing some variables to "True" but sill have not gotten to the Brynn photo shoot, shooting range, or visit from Lynn either, along with others like completing the arcade events with Lynn. Not sure how but I'm not getting the webcam4 error anymore (not to say that it is working though)

I think the biggest issue is with the event sequencing and triggers, the coding doesn't seem to be able to deal with conversations or events taking place out of a very particular order, but I'm no programmer.

BDFanZone

Oct 28, 2022
I've been able to get up 65% by opening the console and changing some variables to "True" but sill have not gotten to the Brynn photo shoot, shooting range, or visit from Lynn either, along with others like completing the arcade events with Lynn. Not sure how but I'm not getting the webcam4 error anymore (not to say that it is working though)

I think the biggest issue is with the event sequencing and triggers, the coding doesn't seem to be able to deal with conversations or events taking place out of a very particular order, but I'm no programmer.
Ok so we have tio cheat a LOT to keep going on....And is there somebody who can explain us what is this fucking webcam4 ?

seacat1

Aug 18, 2018
Ok so we have tio cheat a LOT to keep going on....And is there somebody who can explain us what is this fucking webcam4 ?
Pretty much. I used a save editor to look up values to turn to true, but that was hit and miss progression wise for me.

I looked at some of the error logs posted here and it's kinda surprising... like:

NameError: name 'pregress2' is not defined <-- looks like they meant to type progress2, but made a typo.
NameError: name 'kissedbrynnkitchen' is not defined <-- a section of the code is calling upon defined [thing] which usually sits near the top of the code along all other definitions... but as it says... it's not been defined (added.)

NameError: global name 'webcam4' is not defined

The webcam4 error falls into the same bucket. It's like... how can I put it (as a very inexperienced coder myself): A part of the code is being told to refer to webcam4 but webcam4 is not defined (added) in the code (definitions usually sit at the top of the code.)

It would be like me telling you to go look for a book in a library, but that book ain't in the library.

Last edited:
Reactions: Udayana
Oct 27, 2023
Geesh, what a way to start a game WAHHH!! cry cry... that was sad lol

I have been playing for about 90 minutes....are scenes supposed to repeat? The same scene/dialog etc.?

Ok something different happened lol

Last edited:

Ahchi

Forum Fanatic
Jul 17, 2020

Alright, so I received many comments and messages from all of you :) Thank you! I have made the changes and fixed the bugs that you all reported and I found running through out the entire game again. Here is the new changelog:
  • 1. Changed placements of characters and icons on map to be able to be seen only on stage 2.
  • 2. Fixed button on clickbait game that kept showing up after clicking never play game.
  • 3. Fixed random Brynn placement during stage 1. She should not be seen until stage 2.
  • 4. Fixed the errors associated with the gallery missing images
  • 5. Fixed a few errors with a known issue with webcam4 variable
  • 6. Fixed the ending to webcam series, so that it would match meeting Mari in the park
  • 7. Fixed the errors associated with the arcade series, which now goes into 2.8 update
  • 8. Re-did the pathway for Mari's events to come for 2.8 after the webcam series
  • 9. Added Sinead's name to the roster for detention scene
  • 10. Re-did Library actions for Brynn for a better flow
  • 11. Ended Showering scenes with Brynn
  • 12. Fixed Soft-lock with Flora and Brynn action in Library
  • 13. Detention series updated to not let Rayne outside until the Flora event is completed.
  • 14. Did some post work on a few images I saw that were not perfect.
  • 15. Current amount of percentage is now on-point to what I have written.
After running through the game, with the desired choices, and not-so-desired choices, I have not seen anything that is pressing. If you still have errors, please let me know.
As always, thank you all for the feedback! I do love this game and want it to be the best there is!

Reactions: seacat1

BDFanZone

Oct 28, 2022

Alright, so I received many comments and messages from all of you :) Thank you! I have made the changes and fixed the bugs that you all reported and I found running through out the entire game again. Here is the new changelog:
  • 1. Changed placements of characters and icons on map to be able to be seen only on stage 2.
  • 2. Fixed button on clickbait game that kept showing up after clicking never play game.
  • 3. Fixed random Brynn placement during stage 1. She should not be seen until stage 2.
  • 4. Fixed the errors associated with the gallery missing images
  • 5. Fixed a few errors with a known issue with webcam4 variable
  • 6. Fixed the ending to webcam series, so that it would match meeting Mari in the park
  • 7. Fixed the errors associated with the arcade series, which now goes into 2.8 update
  • 8. Re-did the pathway for Mari's events to come for 2.8 after the webcam series
  • 9. Added Sinead's name to the roster for detention scene
  • 10. Re-did Library actions for Brynn for a better flow
  • 11. Ended Showering scenes with Brynn
  • 12. Fixed Soft-lock with Flora and Brynn action in Library
  • 13. Detention series updated to not let Rayne outside until the Flora event is completed.
  • 14. Did some post work on a few images I saw that were not perfect.
  • 15. Current amount of percentage is now on-point to what I have written.
After running through the game, with the desired choices, and not-so-desired choices, I have not seen anything that is pressing. If you still have errors, please let me know.
As always, thank you all for the feedback! I do love this game and want it to be the best there is!
ok dude well done we'll tell you if everything is okay

Oct 27, 2023
Is there a walk through for this game? I have been stuck in a loop for 30 minutes now. The same scenes just repeating. I go to the other house and nothing there, I can't go to the arcade yet. It tells me 'this is where stage 2 starts', then when I go to the shower it says, I can't do anything until stage 2. I know this is a WIP and thanks for the game. I hope it keeps going. How do you play the mini game?

Last edited:

thezaner

Game Developer
Dec 8, 2020
Is there a walk through for this game? I have been stuck in a loop for 30 minutes now. The same scenes just repeating. I go to the other house and nothing there, I can't go to the arcade yet. It tells me 'this is where stage 2 starts', then when I go to the shower it says, I can't do anything until stage 2. I know this is a WIP and thanks for the game. I hope it keeps going. How do you play the mini game?
There is no walkthrough. That's why I set the quest system so you can figure out how to proceed. Sounds like you are still in stage 1

Oct 27, 2023
There is no walkthrough. That's why I set the quest system so you can figure out how to proceed. Sounds like you are still in stage 1
I'm at 90%. I have seen Angela lick Raynes nipple 50 times... it says all stages completed. There is a scene that says... this is where stage 2 starts. Idk lol.. it seems like a cool game, very softcore. Good luck with the dev.

Reactions: BDFanZone

BDFanZone

Oct 28, 2022
I'm at 90%. I have seen Angela lick Raynes nipple 50 times... it says all stages completed. There is a scene that says... this is where stage 2 starts. Idk lol.. it seems like a cool game, very softcore. Good luck with the dev.
we all saw Angela burn the breakfast 50 times either....ahaha !

Reactions: Udayana

BDFanZone

Oct 28, 2022
so rayne punch (or not that's your call dudes..) the girl and been kissed by this gal....and i'm stuck at 38%....why?

Ahchi

Forum Fanatic
Jul 17, 2020
Please post a save,
It is difficult to judge where you are in the game,
Have you done all the Gym quest with Val?
What have you purchased and for whom?

In the "afternoon" when in the MAP , Are you clicking (Checking) on ALL locations'
even if it appears that there is no one there,
Also keep an eye on the icons on the left that tell what people are doing,
They will give you some Hints. ie. "Brynnpool" "fantasy" ect.

2.7b is a vast improvement over 2.7a,
(however there is still one old bug that's not been fixed)
Haven't got to the end (of 2.7b) yet but it is possible to get higher'

3.80 star(s) 13 Votes