4.00 star(s) 6 Votes

Havik79

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2019
Haha Havik79 ,

I'm pretty sure I'm a dev who knows how science works. :cry:

But who's talking is Norma, right? Let me tell you something from her backgound that is not yet disclosed:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

It seems quite plausible that she would say such a thing. :p

AWKWARD, yeah I am dyslexic, and saying one minute you will get pneumonia from being cold and wet, then a minute later saying catch something is not how it works, not even close to it, it mostly affects reading and writing, sometimes pronouncing words, but not fuck up on common facts.

Like Robin Williams, once joked, "one nation under dog." change it to "one nation under Canada above Mexico."

Havik79

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2019
LOL, fucks girl, then tells her right after that thanks to him making her go out, her life is now in danger, that's cold-ass shit.

• Haha
Reactions: The Raven King

LUSTFER

Game Developer
Dec 1, 2020
Hey Havik79 ,

I'm sorry but you got me wrong. I'm not saying that her illness or anything like that is the reason to say something anti-scientific. I thought you were being nice and making a "dev who knows about science... ohh too soon" joke. Otherwise I wouldn't have answered at all. I meant "I know it's not right, but look, she doesn't have this concern to look smart" so it's plausible that she says it naturally.

But let's get to the facts: Saying something like getting a flu or pneumonia is very common sense. Many people say it, I don't see a problem with a character saying it.

That's it, thanks for giving the game a chance ;)

AWKWARD, yeah I am dyslexic, and saying one minute you will get pneumonia from being cold and wet, then a minute later saying catch something is not how it works, not even close to it, it mostly affects reading and writing, sometimes pronouncing words, but not fuck up on common facts.

Like Robin Williams, once joked, "one nation under dog." change it to "one nation under Canada above Mexico."

Skeltom

Engaged Member
Oct 9, 2017
Krylo,

Not initially. But there will be opportunities for you to break off relations with her, fear not!

TRK
I'm confused. I played and had some discussions about the first release and I guess I missed the part about a forced relationship. I assume like myself a lot of people who play these thing do so with their own likes and dislikes. Being made to pursue a character as part of the plot "just because" isn't going to sit well with many players. If they are made to go after someone regardless of there opinions all that is going to do is make then not like that character just on principal I think. Being able to end it later is very different than never starting a relationship in the first place. I don't mean for that to come across as harsh but this is a VN now, not a KN that you are just along for the ride.

Jun 15, 2021
Hmm- not to get too off-track, but dyslexia is as you pointed out yourself, is a reading disorder. People can have it to varying severity. When I was in middle school, I was in a private school that put me in remedial classes and there were a few kids who could barely read. If you have difficulty reading, it seems reasonable that your level of factual knowledge could be impacted, right?

This also could be a generational issue, back when I was a kid, this was an expression my mom and grandma use to tell me all the time- its possible it's not a common saying anymore, but I assure you it's an extremely common expression that most of us heard growing up. :)

Reactions: imghost and LUSTFER
Jun 15, 2021
I'm confused. I played and had some discussions about the first release and I guess I missed the part about a forced relationship. I assume like myself a lot of people who play these thing do so with their own likes and dislikes. Being made to pursue a character as part of the plot "just because" isn't going to sit well with many players. If they are made to go after someone regardless of there opinions all that is going to do is make then not like that character just on principal I think. Being able to end it later is very different than never starting a relationship in the first place. I don't mean for that to come across as harsh but this is a VN now, not a KN that you are just along for the ride.
I mean it's not like you marry the character or anything, it feels like it plays out fairly naturally- it feels like its only been over a span of a few days in the game, so you might be getting the wrong impression. The dev is trying to tell a more nuanced, character driven, dramatic story and in there story these two characters come together due to external forces- there are numerous other games I can think of in which the MC has a relationship dictated by the circumstances of the plot and not the choice of the player. In fact, that tends to be part of the conflict in some games. :)

This is the story the dev wants to tell us, and I would argue that these games become far more interesting when you are put into situations where you are uncomfortable with the choices you have, rather than just being in a kind of "god mode" - of course, there are plenty of games that offer that experience if that is more the mood someone is in!

• Red Heart
Reactions: LUSTFER

"CJ"

Conversation Conqueror
Mar 6, 2021
Secrets Of The Valley Remake [v0.1] [LUSTFER] crunched

Original / Compressed Size PC*: 601 MB / 166 MB - Secrets.of.The.Valley-0.1-pc-crunched.zip
Original / Compressed Size Mac: 566 MB / 131 MB - Secrets.of.The.Valley-0.1-mac-crunched.zip
= ~27,6% of the original size, image/video quality 80% (png 90%)/original

Download (PC*/Mac): - -

(y) My compressious likeses! (y) Give them to us you filthy little pervertses! :p

This compression is unofficial and untested, use it at your own risk.
The compressing process reduces the quality and can break the game.

*PC = Win+Linux

Tools:
UnRen v.0.12(v4) (VepsrP/Sam@f95zone) - YAC v3.3 (hngg@f95zone) - -

Jun 15, 2021
Hey Havik79 ,

I'm sorry but you got me wrong. I'm not saying that her illness or anything like that is the reason to say something anti-scientific. I thought you were being nice and making a "dev who knows about science... ohh too soon" joke. Otherwise I wouldn't have answered at all. I meant "I know it's not right, but look, she doesn't have this concern to look smart" so it's plausible that she says it naturally.

But let's get to the facts: Saying something like getting a flu or pneumonia is very common sense. Many people say it, I don't see a problem with a character saying it.

That's it, thanks for giving the game a chance ;)
Let me know if you're interested in having any sound design done on the game? Your game seems quite richly written with a lot of care put into your renders- to the point that I felt like the silence really stuck out. I'll be the first to say poorly implemented sound is worse then no sound, but sound done right can really elevate a scene and help your user make a visceral connection to your story that just can't be achieved by visual input alone.

Skeltom

Engaged Member
Oct 9, 2017
I mean it's not like you marry the character or anything, it feels like it plays out fairly naturally- it feels like its only been over a span of a few days in the game, so you might be getting the wrong impression. The dev is trying to tell a more nuanced, character driven, dramatic story and in there story these two characters come together due to external forces- there are numerous other games I can think of in which the MC has a relationship dictated by the circumstances of the plot and not the choice of the player. In fact, that tends to be part of the conflict in some games. :)

This is the story the dev wants to tell us, and I would argue that these games become far more interesting when you are put into situations where you are uncomfortable with the choices you have, rather than just being in a kind of "god mode" - of course, there are plenty of games that offer that experience if that is more the mood someone is in!
That's fair to a degree. But like I said this is a VN, making the player pursue someone they may not like at all isn't going to make people happy is all I'm saying. As for being uncomfortable with the choices you have implies you have a choice. That's not the case here it seems. The only choice you will have is if you want to likely hurt the LI by stopping things or just roll with it as part of things. The dev "put" the player in that situation, it's not like you dug your own hole.

Reactions: qaywsx and Deamate

LUSTFER

Game Developer
Dec 1, 2020
Hey magicscientist ,

Thanks for your words, always nice to have the effort we put in recognized.
Actually, the game is really richly written thanks to my friend The Raven King. You can blame it all on him. :LOL: He's putting a lot of talent and passion into this game. I'm sure he will also be very happy when he reads your comment.
Regarding the renders, I'm always trying to do the best I can. They are still not as perfect as I would like them to be but adjusting a lot of details would take a lot more time to accomplish each release. Hopefully, I'll be upgrading my gpu in the near future and I'll be able to improve it further. :D

When it comes to sound, yes, I have already thought of implementing background sounds to portray the mood of each scene. This is something I really intend to do! But this will have to wait for a future moment, because right now I can't afford to pay someone to do it for me, and I don't have much time to try to do it myself.

Let me know if you're interested in having any sound design done on the game? Your game seems quite richly written with a lot of care put into your renders- to the point that I felt like the silence really stuck out.

I totally agree, our story being told involves many characters with storylines that somehow need to be known. For example, the most controversial character of the moment is Alison (this is because she has a septum piercing). Being a prodigious girl, talented dancer, she used to look like a little princess and now looks a bit wild because she needed to disappear. At this moment, her story intertwines with our MC, with Claire and Visser. Of course she will still be part of many things but in the next update she will no longer be the focus, new characters will be explored, building the story of our MC and the Valley.
Soon we'll know more about Claire, try to understand what her relationship with the MC and his father is about and why she hosts people in her house...and so on.

And as I see you immersed in the story, you will love the sequencing. So keep up with us! :D

The dev is trying to tell a more nuanced, character driven, dramatic story and in there story these two characters come together due to external forces- there are numerous other games I can think of in which the MC has a relationship dictated by the circumstances of the plot and not the choice of the player. In fact, that tends to be part of the conflict in some games. :)

P.S. I was listening to your samples on soundclud while writing to you! Loved the Ocean Potion and VuJade :love:

LUSTFER

Game Developer
Dec 1, 2020
Yes, TheCrimsonRevenger .

Not only is the story reaching the same point as the first version, but new scenes have been added, there's new choices to be made and some renders have been redone with better quality.

Also, a new chapter is being developed right now. I'm working full time in this game, so you can expect new updates to be delivered in a relatively decent amount of time. But it's important to say that quality will always be a priority over speed.
:D

Story-wise, is this remake at least caught up to where the previous version was?

Reactions: Jimbog

-L-L-MJ-

Feb 5, 2020
LUSTFER Not exactly sure what's been "remade" since it was a while since I checked the first release out or maybe that was the 0.2 at the time, The "Please save here message screen" for Episode 1 (end of Norma Cabin content) hasn't been removed. (which might be confusing since this is 0.1 (remake)

Same with the mention of the end of 0.2 at the end of Alison cabin..

Also there seems to be a bug where Claire shows you your room, when she is bend over the bed I assume it should zoom in on her being bend over, instead the image gets smaller and you zoom into a black corner (top left of the screen)

I am unsure if the bad guy and dominance points where in previous releases.. Seems to be the better path, though I am a little confused why Dominance is in the same category as being a bad guy and why seemingly all bad guys seem to be forceful about anal and have that kink.. ( Norma and Alison ) Seem like weird groupings to me..But I guess that's subjective

Completely personal opinion here though, bit disappointing I can't avoid Norma shoving her feet in my face..

Other then that, I'm curious to see where this goes, great looking renders and looking forward to how this develops further..

• Hey there

LUSTFER

Game Developer
Dec 1, 2020
Hello -L-L-MJ- ,

Thank you for your notes!

I'll consider removing this screen between episodes.
LUSTFER The "Please save here message screen" for Episode 1 (end of Norma Cabin content) hasn't been removed. (which might be confusing since this is 0.1 (remake)
Damn, I had tested this effect and noticed the error before creating the downloadable file, but for some reason (lack of attention) it turned out that the function was still active. You were the first to report this so you will fix it right now.
LUSTFER Also there seems to be a bug where Claire shows you your room, when she is bend over the bed I assume it should zoom in on her being bend over, instead the image gets smaller and you zoom into a black corner (top left of the screen)
These points were not in the first version. The bad guy/good guy idea is that our MC has been in big trouble back home, which is to be expected from someone who has grown up in a 'turbulent enviroment' as he did (trying to not spoil).
But at the same time, he has the intention to control himself and escape from this past. So the player can choose when he will be good or evil. Dominance and affection will determine the outcome of some situations.
Since we are still in the beginning, the points may seem a bit meaningless... but we'll give more meaning to them as the game progresses.
LUSTFER I am unsure if the bad guy and dominance points where in previous releases.. Seems to be the better path, though I am a little confused why Dominance is in the same category as being a bad guy and why seemingly all bad guys seem to be forceful about anal and have that kink..
Thanks again for your contributions, I hope to see you around here in the near future. :D
LUSTFER Other then that, I'm curious to see where this goes, great looking renders and looking forward to how this develops further..

Reactions: -L-L-MJ-

The Raven King

Game Developer
Mar 3, 2022
fishbrain ,

No...by all means, keep going! That's what the OP a couple posts above yours was referring to. The (current) end of the game will be obvious when you get there! :)

Thanks for giving the game a try!

TRK

Am I supposed to voluntarily stop after the first chapter or play everything available? I thought I reached the end and it kept rollin..

4.00 star(s) 6 Votes