RPGM Secrets of Troll - A Nordland Chronicles Tale [v0.05b] [NorChronicle]

3.70 star(s) 3 Votes

BGRW2020

Jul 8, 2020
Is the raid quest doable? I have talked to everyone and can't seem to advance it

Emoteph

Game Developer
Nov 26, 2017
Is the raid quest doable? I have talked to everyone and can't seem to advance it
A merchant arrives friday 12th and 26th (every even weekend) talk to him about rumors.
If i did not make it obvious enough through the text, this allows you to continue down the road south of Troll.

Reactions: BGRW2020

jimbobdon

Oct 12, 2018
quest the raid : i informed the guard got a silver coin, what i do next
quest connections : talk to lars at night he's says you know to do (i do know to do)
quest midnight tease : i cannot enter lyra's house

Emoteph

Game Developer
Nov 26, 2017
quest the raid : i informed the guard got a silver coin, what i do next
quest connections : talk to lars at night he's says you know to do (i do know to do)
quest midnight tease : i cannot enter lyra's house
The raid quest is completed when you get the silver coin and the connections is also completed when he say "you know what to do". He is refering to the next quest, The bond, which is yet to be implemented.
In the midnight tease, you do not get to enter the house, only watch through the window.

jimbobdon

Oct 12, 2018
The raid quest is completed when you get the silver coin and the connections is also completed when he say "you know what to do". He is refering to the next quest, The bond, which is yet to be implemented.
In the midnight tease, you do not get to enter the house, only watch through the window.
thank you,, when the next update due

Apr 22, 2019
is "Connections" quest doable on this update? Hanne's affection is up to 35 and still not sharing why she continues to place flowers at statue. How much more do I have to grind to complete this quest? SMH

Emoteph

Game Developer
Nov 26, 2017
is "Connections" quest doable on this update? Hanne's affection is up to 35 and still not sharing why she continues to place flowers at statue. How much more do I have to grind to complete this quest? SMH
It should be. A couple of people have asked what to do as the next step when Lars say "You know what to do next." which is his line after completing Connections.
I have forgotten to cap the affection gain for hanne from that event, so thank you for pointing that out.
Have you gotten any of the events from Lars after talking with Zhtar?
The questline should not require more than 2 affection to this point.

Apr 22, 2019
It should be. A couple of people have asked what to do as the next step when Lars say "You know what to do next." which is his line after completing Connections.
I have forgotten to cap the affection gain for hanne from that event, so thank you for pointing that out.
Have you gotten any of the events from Lars after talking with Zhtar?
The questline should not require more than 2 affection to this point.
I haven't received any events from Lars at all, will wait a couple of months hopefully more content is added and these bugs get patched. I definitely enjoyed the game so far and will buy once it's fully released

Reactions: Emoteph

Emoteph

Game Developer
Nov 26, 2017
I haven't received any events from Lars at all, will wait a couple of months hopefully more content is added and these bugs get patched. I definitely enjoyed the game so far and will buy once it's fully released
Thank you. Could you send me your savefile so I could try to look into what has happened? Sounds like a pretty big bug to me.
As for content I release approx monthly and work on it continually :) I appreciate you taking the time to test my game and give feedback.

Emoteph

Game Developer
Nov 26, 2017
Hi everyone. I hope you have all had a pleasant easter so far.
Those of you who follow my game might have noticed it has been a bit quiet on my end lately.
I had a bit of a snag with my personal life, and I have had to adjust my focus somewhat for the moment. I am still working on it daily, the difference being the amount of time spent each day.
I am still working on the 0.06 update. As I want it to contain a bit more content, it is still at least a few weeks away from release.

Last edited:

CutieLvr

Engaged Member
Jun 3, 2020
Thanks for the update, can't wait for the next version. Hope to see more groping and manhandling in the tavern and I hope she has to wear something even skimpier. (Love those kind of scenes).

Reactions: valley57

valley57

Oct 22, 2021

Good afternoon.
Unfortunately, the last two weeks have been spent mostly in bed. I feel that a bi-weekly update would probably suffice to keep you guys up to date with what’s happening right now.
I mentioned in the last post that I would look at animation differently. I looked at premiere and decided that the pricing is way too high for a project like mine right now. Vegas pro has a one-time cost, so I downloaded a trial to look at the program, and decided it was way too much work to learn right now. I might look at it again later, but I feel that I do not have the energy for learning a new program right now.
What I have decided to do though, is that I need to do something about the opening, and Hilda…
The book “Visual Storytelling” was recommended by a few for improving visuals, and as I began reading it, I thought through a few of the comments I have received as feedback on the game so far.
When I began with the game, I wanted to keep the introduction down a bit in length. This is because people would probably want to get to playing, but it still ended up somewhat lengthy.
Even as it is now, it is not easy to understand much about who you are in the game or how you got there. You don’t really know if the main character is a nice guy or anything really.
The same kind of goes for Hilda. I wanted her to be mysterious, but I need to try to present it a bit differently.
Given how early I am in the progress of the game, I have a chance to do a bit more to make you care for the characters in the game.
Most of the work I’ve done lately has been writing more about the character's story to help give them more life. I have started on a few renders for the intro.

Also, I am ordering a new PC at the end of next week, and I am looking very much forward to upgrading my setup. It probably won’t arrive until the earliest end of 2nd week of May.
I will move the vacation mode forward three months now, but that does not mean that I expect it to take that long to release the next version.

Reactions: PhantomKnight55

Emoteph

Game Developer
Nov 26, 2017
I have been without a computer for more than a week and I'm waiting for a new one. Everything should be backed up so nothing is lost (hopefully) but it delays next version by a few weeks. Thank you for your patience :)

valley57

Oct 22, 2021

Good morning everyone.
I will be done with the minor update for you this weekend.
In this update, I have added Traits, which gives stats for completing tasks.
As you do chores and work in Troll, you will unknowingly form bonds with the area and its people, which will strengthen you. I tried making a new window for showing these traits, but after spending probably 8+ hours without getting it working I gave up for now.
There is now a short scene in the intro explaining a bit more about how you ended up arrested. Please let me know if it lacks anything or makes little sense.
Right now, I am adding the first bond quest/event with Hanne.
After working mainly with the writing and rendering parts for a long time, I had to use a bit of time to get familiar again with how I had events done before taking the break.
There is also a new passive skill system for future passive skills and bonds. As of now, only Hilda has a passive skill, but once your dagger skill gets high enough, she will teach it to you in a future update.
Hanne’s event will involve making a permanent (for now, at least) choice in your route with her. You can choose a friend route for those who have no interest in her as a character and just want to play out her story, or the corruption route, which opens up for the corruption or romance route.
And now, back to work :)

valley57

Oct 22, 2021

I promised an upload so here is what I managed to get done by now.
At this point I am just too exhausted to keep going without resting some. This day ended up with so much just going wrong, none of it being related to the project.
I had no render errors today, and the memory check showed no errors, but I did do 10x on the virtual memory allowed by windows. Hopefully that was the solution.

There is mostly just small changes here and there apart from the first bond quest for Hanne. The last part of that chain lacks images and the finishing step, so if you have the patience to wait a few more weeks, it should be done by then, along with the other missing pieces of the update.
To access the last part of Hanne's quest you need to get to the Lars/Zhtar quest connections completed and have Hanne with 10 affection.

I will write yet another update tomorrow when I have a more clear head, with what I am working on that needs to be finished before I release 0.06.
The good news is that I am in a better shape than in a long time, so I expect to work a lot more :)

valley57

Oct 22, 2021

Good morning :)
Must admit that after getting up, eating breakfast, and getting a couple of cups of coffee, I was mostly ready to go back to bed and sleep more.
My eagerness to get back to work still pushed me to stay awake :)

I forgot to mention in the last update that this update forces everyone to begin a fresh game due to the added plugins.

So, what is missing before the next update?
I need to add the images missing from the Hanne event and change them so the quest is actually completed after making the choices between friendship and romance/corruption.
As I have mentioned before, I am adding Benedicte to the game, along with another place to earn income with the city guard. You have seen some images already, so I have done probably half of the renders for the events already, as well as written a lot of dialogue. I need to get it into rpgmaker, which takes time but less than writing and rendering.
Next is Hilda and her questline, which takes us to the cave/tunnel that you also have been shown, and I need to flesh out and make the encounters and details better.
The new enemies, the wolf and the stronger goblin are also being added and I need to do some playtesting on strength and their skills.
Silje’s casual Saturday rides are also coming. This is more a repeatable affection event, unlike the lunch date already in the game.
I will also make an event after reaching quick stab rank 3 and Hilda will teach you the passive dagger mastery I.
There is as usual, so much I want to do :D
I will postpone any menu work until I get these things done, even if it keeps hitting me in the back of my head that I really want to implement it.

If I was working full time, I would estimate perhaps two weeks to be ready, but knowing my health and how situations tend to appear that wear me down, I can’t promise any exact date. I will hopefully give more frequent updates on progress again, and if you feel these appear to often now, please let me know either through a comment on the post or a direct message.

3.70 star(s) 3 Votes