3.90 star(s) 39 Votes

Inept Monkey

Oct 27, 2017
Dunno if you're being sarcastic but an image search on that led me to the purchase of this asset:
Rip :BootyTime:

"Our new character" might have been an improper translation of the reveal then :KEK:

Also: $50 for an asset? holy shit

Last edited:
Reactions: RossoX

Healtyguy

Nov 3, 2019
I just Saw in DlSite about SoD:ID, but i don't had any idea what ID stand for (well what can i say icant read Japanese) so di you guys had and idea what ID stand for ?

Tontongundar

Sep 12, 2021
You mean we will get new sequel of SoD featuring an idol or something?
From what I can recall, they're working on Idols management stuff, I don't remember exactly if it will be a part of the game or a standalone thing.
Tbh, it was a while ago and I don't remember everything, you can check their ci-en or patreon if you need more specific infos, there are always free articles that sum up some of the deving stuff. Or you can use the search function on this thread, I'm pretty sure people posted leaks of the paid ci-en/patreon stuff.

Inept Monkey

Oct 27, 2017
They're making a DLC called Idol Days. It is idol themed yes. I've never really been into that whole "dancing/singing 3d anime girls" thing, but some people like it so yeah.

cgasper

Sep 2, 2017
Rip :BootyTime:

"Our new character" might have been an improper translation of the reveal then :KEK:

Also: $50 for an asset? holy shit
That's a fairly average to good price, to be honest. When it comes to assets especially good ones UE Marketplace is rather expensive, especially considering the fact that VAT is not included with that price so in my case its base price + 22%
That asset actually includes animation and is a fair quality being why I wrote average to good price there are characters that come with no animations or anything just rigged that cost 100$+.
Then again no point in buying them at full price majority of assets can be acquired at discounts except for a few exceptions.
Though looking at the art inconsistency it's obvious that maybe except for the characters probably everything else ware marketplace assets.
I mostly only purchase plugins just a shame that all the ones I still miss cost ~200-400€ and most of them never go on discount
:KEK:
In the long run, it's only about cutting the development cost and time spent since recreating some of those things would probably take 1000s of manhours compared to paying that 200-400€ once.
Unlike some unity :poop: assets that started doing the whole subscription BS as if we need more of that for bloody assets.

Reactions: UnknownBava

Galgano

Jul 11, 2018
Okay, so lemme make sure I got everything understood:
There are 2 games in this series. The first one is called Rape of the Dead. It features 3 girls: a rich, green-haired loli wielding a minigun and wearing a crown, a redhead with a blue flower hairclip in her hair wielding a machine gun, and a busty, black-haired office worker oneesan who wears glasses and wields a shotgun. When they made an official English translation of the game (I don't know if there was ever a fan translation of the first game) they changed the name of the game to Seed of the Dead. This was probably because of the whole Rapelay debacle still looming over eroge in the Western market.

After Rape of the Dead (or Seed of the Dead), Team Kramer made the second game Seed of the Dead:Sweet Home. That is this game. This game features the 3 girls from the previous game plus one new girl, but with a few changes. The redhead now has her hair closer to a shade of pink and her hairclip is a bit more detailed. The loli got yellow hair and lost the crown in return for some black bunny-ear hair ribbons on the base of each of her twintails. And the busty oneesan-type had her hair turn bluer (though it may still be considered black, and the "blue" color is just there to be a sort of "stylized" black hair color) as well as a red ribbon at the base of her ponytail. The new girl has light purple hair and wears a hoodie while wielding a sniper rifle.

The developers are making a DLC for Seed of the Dead:Sweet Home called...Seed of the Dead:Idol Days. It will be a continuation of the story and will include a new character. I don't know any more information because I can't find the website for it. I don't know if it's going to be an fps zombie shooter like everything else or if it's going to just be an idol management game.

Is that everything or is there something I'm missing?

18Scythe

Jan 16, 2021
There are 2 games in this series. The first one is called Rape of the Dead. It features 3 girls: a rich, green-haired loli wielding a minigun and wearing a crown, a redhead with a blue flower hairclip in her hair wielding a machine gun, and a busty, black-haired office worker oneesan who wears glasses and wields a shotgun. When they made an official English translation of the game (I don't know if there was ever a fan translation of the first game) they changed the name of the game to Seed of the Dead. This was probably because of the whole Rapelay debacle still looming over eroge in the Western market.

After Rape of the Dead (or Seed of the Dead), Team Kramer made the second game Seed of the Dead:Sweet Home. That is this game. This game features the 3 girls from the previous game plus one new girl, but with a few changes. The redhead now has her hair closer to a shade of pink and her hairclip is a bit more detailed. The loli got yellow hair and lost the crown in return for some black bunny-ear hair ribbons on the base of each of her twintails. And the busty oneesan-type had her hair turn bluer (though it may still be considered black, and the "blue" color is just there to be a sort of "stylized" black hair color) as well as a red ribbon at the base of her ponytail. The new girl has light purple hair and wears a hoodie while wielding a sniper rifle.

The developers are making a DLC for Seed of the Dead:Sweet Home called...Seed of the Dead:Idol Days. It will be a continuation of the story and will include a new character. I don't know any more information because I can't find the website for it. I don't know if it's going to be an fps zombie shooter like everything else or if it's going to just be an idol management game.

sound about right but there's another game

forgot the name, ascot something

Coast2Coast

Mar 25, 2022

Yeah you're pretty spot on. If you were interested in the story Seed of the Dead:Sweet Home is set in the future of the first game with a new protagonist, but the girls early on often elude to the protagonist of the first game and mention how the Sweet Home protagonist has similarity's. The DLC will have fps zombie shooting because we've seen a whole new map, new zombie and a few other hints on their Patreon, but it's unclear how much of it will be Idol management and how much will be zombie shooter style. Also like 18Scythe mentioned they now have a much bigger team then when they started SoD:SH and are working on another game they tried to make years ago called ASCOT: DemonsWaltz. If you want more details on the DLC or ASCOT I get my information from their Patreon which they post updates on the progress for both pretty often.

jowishg

Yare yare dawa (ง •̀_•́)ง
Donor
May 6, 2018
Some news about the DLC, does someone have access to them ? Illustrations and all are locked behind a paywall.

Reactions: RossoX

RossoX

Jun 3, 2021
I translated some of the comments and a lot of them are talking about graphic cards so maybe the devs talked about the game's performance. The 2nd comment mentions something about a new slime enemy and a worm?

3.90 star(s) 39 Votes