3.90 star(s) 38 Votes

TimeWalker

Jul 2, 2017
Looking at this as an actual game... at the hub-world you've got a lot to do. affection-farming via gifts, VN-style event scenes, minigames.

... But the actual core gameplay of fighting zombies kinda sucks? The controls on controller are ass, there's some kind of fucky aim-accleration going on making it unusuable.
On keyboard it's fine, but unimpressive.

Mostly there's just no feedback, half the guns feel bad to fire, and your starting gun is trash.
There's an upgrade system, but it doesn't feel like it actually does anyhting?
Like, there's upgrades to have more max health (you don't lose because you run out of health, you lose because the girls die) have more ammo for your primary weapons (they rarely run out anyway) or to improve your default pistol but only in ways that don't matter.

Maybe the revolver or cyber-gun upgrade will be cool, but it looks like I need way more exp for that, and the combat is bad enough that I don't want to do any more levels, tbh.

The default pistol can't kill a regular zombie on a headshot. Feels bad.
You can upgrade the mag-size or reload speed, but there's no upgrades for damage, so they're useless.

You can pick up a lot of tiny incremental upgrades like 'more health' and 'better punch' and 'pistol reloads slightly faster' that feel like they should add-up to something noticeable when you stack them all together... but perks don't do anything unless you equip them, and you can only equip like five, total.

They had potential for something cool, but wasted it.

It doesn't feel like I'm getting stronger at all. None of these perks have given me any noticeable improvement.
i think you aren't ultilized skill set combo. the FPS mechanics is bad for sure but i think it's intentional cause it required you to be careful and ultilize your skills. if you are looking for arcade shooter then look elsewhere. and frankly default pistol is the strongest weapon in the game actually... when you understand and ultilized buff effected, default pistol have the lowest ttk. and yet, this is the best game we can get rightnow. for some reason, the equation of eroge + shooter + unity = sh1tty experience fps ever made.

TimeWalker

Jul 2, 2017
Literally what?
depend on your play style, i focus on build up buff duration and damage cause during buff mode. so i just need to maintain buff and damage will alway double or even tripple for both you and the girls. there's a guys who tried out and set the skill combo away back. follow his build and see what fit your style.

Tay623

Oct 26, 2017
When I'm playing this game and watching Hikari- chan ,she remain me of Rena Ryugu from Higurashi series ( Her emotion,her hair style ) yeah probably she kinda looks like Rena

RushSkies

Jun 28, 2022
Thank you! Also I tried to install the mosiac removal patch but it just turned the game back into the completely censored version with R18 removed, anyone know the reason? I replaced the paks with the mosiac removal one.

RushSkies

Jun 28, 2022
Well I just fully completed the DLC, does anyone know any other games like this? I'm talking with specifically the artstyle for the women, the customizations and sex scenes.

RossoX

Jun 3, 2021
Well I just fully completed the DLC, does anyone know any other games like this? I'm talking with specifically the artstyle for the women, the customizations and sex scenes.
Some games have those individual elements, and some even done it better. But all those elements combined? Nope, or not any that I know of. It's kinda why despite being janky SoD still became popular, because it's the only game that mixed FPS, zombies and monsters, weeb anime style, base building and character customization. There's not much competition sadly.

RushSkies

Jun 28, 2022
Some games have those individual elements, and some even done it better. But all those elements combined? Nope, or not any that I know of. It's kinda why despite being janky SoD still became popular, because it's the only game that mixed FPS, zombies and monsters, weeb anime style, base building and character customization. There's not much competition sadly.
Damn, I actually kinda like this too, I hope this company makes more like this while also fixing the immense jank.

• Hey there
Reactions: RossoX

RossoX

Jun 3, 2021
Damn, I actually kinda like this too, I hope this company makes more like this while also fixing the immense jank.
I don't think the jank will ever go away; that's just how TeamKrama is. Before the DLC released, I was naively expecting QoL improvements, but not only they did not fix the basic old bugs, the DLC even added new jank on its own, proving that the devs had not improved their skills much during the period between the OG release and the DLC.

When they release SoD3, trust me I'll be there ASAP to check it out, but I'm also prepared for all the inevitable bugs. I bought both games at full price on steam, but next time I will judge the amount of jank on the 3rd one much more harshly, because if by the 3rd round we don't get better QoL improvements, then I might as well just pirate it.

RushSkies

Jun 28, 2022
I don't think the jank will ever go away; that's just how TeamKrama is. Before the DLC released, I was naively expecting QoL improvements, but not only they did not fix the basic old bugs, the DLC even added new jank on its own, proving that the devs had not improved their skills much during the period between the OG release and the DLC.

When they release SoD3, trust me I'll be there ASAP to check it out, but I'm also prepared for all the inevitable bugs. I bought both games at full price on steam, but next time I will judge the amount of jank on the 3rd one much more harshly, because if by the 3rd round we don't get better QoL improvements, then I might as well just pirate it.
Have they confirmed they're making a 3rd installment?

3.90 star(s) 38 Votes