3.90 star(s) 39 Votes

Cendarn

Aug 13, 2018
No one has mentioned it because it isn't done? We have to wait until its release since all we got are demos, and those don't necessarily represent the final product.
A demo like this is absolutely representative of the final product. It's a relatively small project, there's not going to be some magic wealth of content that suddenly pops out of the ground when the game is finished. There is no reason that they wouldn't have mentioned that these alternative scenes are in the works, or provide evidence of it to keep both sides of their supporters happy.

To reiterate a little from my old post in this thread too: If that's the sort of game they wanted to make, fine. I don't like it, but not everything has to be for me. It's pretty consistent with the first game in that regard, and I believe the game should be made for the people that enjoy it. Because I wouldn't want the games that I enjoy to tone down or alter their content for broader appeal either.

That said, if they promised a game with content to satisfy both sides, then that is what they should deliver. As far as I've seen, they have not done it and given no indication of doing it. Additionally, one of the biggest problems that I'd say the game has, and still has yet to be resolved, is that it runs like total shit. Doesn't matter what content you put in the game if you can't even play the thing without it chugging balls. Yes, it's a demo. I know. But I can't say I've seen too many demos that run this poorly suddenly running fine in the release version.

Ok you had me until you said you would pirate the game. Even if the devs lied, that wouldn't justify stealing their hard work. There would be nothing stopping you from playing the whole game and then claim that you didn't like it. Also did you miss the part where most demos tell you that anything you see can be subject to change. A demo is supposed to give you a feel for the game, to show off the concepts, it doesn't have to be a slice of the finished product, especially since this game is in development.

Edit: Just watch a playthrough, I'm sure someone will make an one. You could also just ask someone. Hell, someone might also be crazy enough to make a review of the game.
It's kind of astonishing that this even needs to be pointed out, but... You are aware of what site you're on, correct?

Last edited:

BLego

Jan 4, 2019
It's kind of astonishing that this even needs to be pointed out, but... You are aware of what site you're on, correct?
Ok fair point, I guess I'm not used to seeing people explicitly stating "Hey I'm going to steal this thing." I guess I will have to try harder not to be the big dumb.

striker2521

Oct 23, 2018
What are they at now? Anyone know?
If i read that right its total money earned (may be wrong) So given that they seemed to be hovering around the 2K a month id say now they MAY be at the 20 to 25000 mark or higher we wont know for certain till they announce it again

NeverDeck

Apr 25, 2017
You do realize that people are upset, because the devs themselves have said that they want both sides to enjoy the game over scenes. But it seems that the majority of what we see (when it comes to the sex stuff) is guro and we do not know if there will alt game over scenes, since that would be the only way to have it so that both guro and non guro fans can enjoy the game over scenes, due to just how brutal they are.
Yes, and devs are allowed to change their minds. Wow! It's like they're not slaves to the gaming community, pretty progressive idea eh?

They lied, but no, it's not shocking.
I didn't support them on patreon because of this, i'll pirate the game and maybe buy it afterwards, but unlike the first game, i'm not expecting anything good out of it.

They do represent the final product, that's the whole point of a demo.
Everyone here keeps saying demo, but it's not a demo. It's a beta test. Minor, but distinct, difference. Even if it were a demo, there is no hard rule that a demo has to fully represent what the end product is. Scope changes, features get added and removed, etc etc. There's a lot more to developing a game than pleasuring some random internet naysayer. If it were a demo of a finished product, sure you're right, but it's not even close to being a finalized product.

So chill the fuck out

Last edited:

BLego

Jan 4, 2019
Yes, and devs are allowed to change their minds. Wow! It's like they're not slaves to the gaming community, pretty progressive idea eh?
Ok, but:
1. If the devs changed their mind, then why haven't they made an official statement saying that they have changed the direction they wish to develop their game. There wouldn't be as massive as a flame war throughout this entire board right now and less people would be accusing them of lying. As it would clear the air about what will be in the game and what will not be in it.

2. That doesn't stop non guro fans from being upset about the change in the direction. SOD 1 had more of a focus on the non guro then the guro (with 6 killing scenes and 8 non guro sex scenes), with SOD 2 it almost seems like the opposite is going to be true. So it only makes sense that a large number of fans of 1 are upset about how extreme the guro stuff has become and how neglected the non guro stuff seems to be.

3. Honesty at this point there is nothing new to say about the whole guro vs. non guro debate until either the game comes out or the devs say something. So it seems that the best thing to do is as Joniiis says and simply wait and see.

Last edited:

Chambs

Jun 3, 2020
If you "change your mind", don't deliver what was promised and just run with the money the word i would be using is "Thief" or "Scammer", not slave.

Even if it were a demo, there is no hard rule that a demo has to fully represent what the end product is
Can't tell if troll or not...

BraveOrakio

May 31, 2020
If you "change your mind", don't deliver what was promised and just run with the money the word i would be using is "Thief" or "Scammer", not slave.

Can't tell if troll or not...
Again wait for the final product. I don't know what demo you played but there was no gore death in the demo either. The demo gives us a feel of the game but it doesn't mean that all features are implemented. How difficult is this to understand? When the game comes out and you didn't get the features you were expecting, then you can complain. You can check it for free anyway since you'll be pirating it. Hell you can probably just check this thread to see if it got what you wanted instead of wasting your time DLing it.

Reactions: Clark_RedHeart

AvenceCryxalyx

May 4, 2019
People talking about demos being representative of a final product is correct IF the demo provided is taken out from a finished product not of an in development product. there's more that one kind of demos fellas, depending on the development phase it could be proof of concept, alpha, beta, etc. the ones provided here are not demos of the final product so try to calm down already and wait for more information or the actual final product before complaining please it helps no one if you let speculative conclusions drive your arguments.

Rattanak

Jul 11, 2019
why dont we just wait for the game to release and then we can request after that?...
this is the demo version which mean it can be anything else than we're seeing it now...

This dev is a really slow working ones... ( i guess COVID-19 slow them even more )

Cendarn

Aug 13, 2018
The willful ignorance people have of the reality in front of them will never cease to amaze. The demos and videos that they release are what they have deemed acceptable to show to the public as an example of their work. Not only is it an acceptable time to give your thoughts and share some concerns on what you've played and seen, but it is the best time to do so. If you're raising a concern that a developer knows will be taken care of by the time their finished product is released, then there is no problem there. If your concern is shared by others, and becomes prevalent enough that it ends up getting back to the dev, they can easily address those concerns if they know it will not be an issue. Or, if they think that a sufficient portion of their audience does not like the direction their game is going, they can opt to change course and give them what they're looking for. Or not. Totally up to them. As long as they're not misleading people about it, there's no issue and they can do whatever they like.

This is how feedback works. It is not harmful, it is a very normal and healthy system. Not giving any feedback on any of the demos or videos you've seen throughout development, and only giving feedback upon the full release is significantly less useful. At that point, the game is already made. You are highly unlikely to see any significant changes or improvements, especially with a small project like this.

If you don't care about any of this and you're just waiting for the final product to judge for yourself, perfectly fine. Nothing wrong with that either. Do that. But, don't be coming in here saying that everyone else needs to be quiet about what they've seen so far. That they shouldn't be putting any level of critical thought into it; to put the blinders on, and ear plugs in, and pray for the best. If people want to talk about the development of the game, they absolutely can.

Last edited:

FruitSmoothie

Jan 22, 2019
The willful ignorance people have of the reality in front of them will never cease to amaze. The demos and videos that they release are what they have deemed acceptable to show to the public as an example of their work. Not only is it an acceptable time to give your thoughts and share some concerns on what you've played and seen, but it is the best time to do so. If you're raising a concern that a developer knows that will be taken care of by the time their finished product is released, then there is no problem there. If your concern is shared by others, and becomes prevalent that it ends up getting back to the dev, they can easily address those concerns if they know it will not be an issue. Or, if they think that a sufficient portion of their audience does not like the direction their game is going, they can opt to change course and give them they're looking for. Or not. Totally up to them. As long as they're not misleading people about it, there's no issue and they can do whatever they like.

This is how feedback works. It is not harmful, it is a very normal and healthy system. Not giving any feedback on any of the demos or videos you've seen throughout development, and only giving feedback upon the full release is significantly less useful. At that point, the game is already made. You are highly unlikely to see any significant changes or improvements, especially with a small project like this.

If you don't care about any of this and you're just waiting for the final product to judge for yourself, perfectly fine. Nothing wrong with that either. Do that. But, don't be coming in here saying that everyone else needs to be quiet about what they've seen so far. That they shouldn't be putting any level of critical thought into it; to put the blinders on, and ear plugs in, and pray for the best. If people want to talk about the development of the game, they absolutely can.
In other words: A closed mouth doesn't get fed. Sure, maybe the chance of them looking here is low, but the chance of them seeing what you want if you don't say anything is zero. Another one: "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take", lol. Big difference between asking/hoping for something and demanding it too.

Btw does anybody have a link to where the devs said they wanted the game scenes to be enjoyable by guro fans and non guro fans? I've seen people quote that a lot here but I haven't seen the post from them. Just curious.

Last edited:

Cendarn

Aug 13, 2018
In other words: A closed mouth doesn't get fed. Sure, maybe the chance of them looking here is low, but the chance of them seeing what you want if you don't say anything is zero. Another one: "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take", lol. Big difference between asking/hoping for something and demanding it too.

Btw does anybody have a link to where the devs said they wanted the game scenes to be enjoyable by guro fans and non guro fans? I've seen people quote that a lot here but I haven't seen the post from them. Just curious.
Good analogies, and yes. People seem to conflate feedback with demands quite a bit. The only significant demand I'm seeing from people here is to either make the non-guro content as well, or don't say that they're planning to include it. I think that's pretty reasonable.

is a link to one of their Ci-en posts, and if you look at their responses to comments 2 and 10, you can see them mention that they would like to include game over scenes that cater to both.

qwertgdgdg

Nov 29, 2018
Jesus Christ you guys still on this?
Yes the game has guru in it, yes it can be turned on or off. And no, the dev aint cutting on the amount of guru, each individual character has an unique guru death. Same has previous game.
Now can we talk the fact that you can voyeur the girls while they are on the toilet and wonder just how deep he is going to go with that. Scat content?

3.90 star(s) 39 Votes