Hekzow

Dec 24, 2017
I'm pretty sure 90% of the discussion in this thread now is about the dev mode.
I think it's a direct consequence of how the game is at the moment. Dev mode just lets you save a lot of time to see the stuff you care about.

It's been bothering me for a while now, but I feel like in a game with corruption as a major (if not main) fetish the game is designed a bit backwards. The appeal of corruption is seeing how the character changes their opinions on things based on their corruption level. That's why despite Witch Trainer being a complete grindfest with one sprite (a very good sprite though) and 3 cgs it's still very enjoyable to play.
However, Seeds of Chaos centers around random, non-repeatable events. If you aren't playing in dev mode you'll need to start a new playthrough to see the scene again under different circumstances, and that could take hours.
I do enjoy the variation you folks put into scenes. The latest bath with Andras scene has both Andras influence and corruption dependencies (which is cool), but the fact is, due to the non-repeatable nature of it and being so far into the game most folks won't see the differences without using Dev mode.

TheMagister

Aug 5, 2016
I'm pretty sure 90% of the discussion in this thread now is about the dev mode.
I think that's a sacrifice to be expected when you are releasing monthly non-linear content. You could release a monthly update where at most I get a few story scenes, because the path I'm on or because I'm unlucky. Or maybe I do get some scenes, but they're all from previous updates. It's hard to keep people invested in your story and to keep your pacing going when you've decided on slow corruption (0.2.40 and NOW Alexia reaches MEDIUM corruption) and release monthly. And that's not a criticism, but you have to understand people also have limited time on their hands and considering the actual gameplay elements of SoC are still somewhat thin, the main draw to your game is...well...H-scenes. And the dev mode helps a lot with that.

I see the scene guide, but is there anywhere I can find general tips for the game? I'm not really sure what I should invest in and how much I should explore the map
Build a tavern as soon as possible to get steady income. Once you've raided the first village near the portal you have some time to explore the map before you need to raid Raeve Keep. Explore at your leisure but certainly try to find some villages for more income. Remember to regularly check your dungeon to sell slaves.

Not in Rowan's chambers either
Just...download UnRen and unlock it that way. It'll be in Rowan's chambers :p

Rein

Game Developer
May 8, 2017
Yes. The outcome depends on Rowan's arguemnts and how high Alexia's corruption is.

Hekzow

Dec 24, 2017
Is there any current scenario where Alexia accepts Rowan sleeping with Liurial?
Yes. It's the same scene where she finds out. There is an option for a threesome, her corruption has to be above a certain threshold though.

spitfire335

Jun 12, 2017
Alexia can get to medium corruption now, that's good. Hopefully she'll be able to learn how to grow a cock on command or just have one permanantly if she gets transformed into a demon. It's really quite fun to have her corruption be high and keep her loyal to Rowan. I imagine husband and wife will have a lot of funtimes with a variety of characters in the future.

Reactions: T800

mncub31

Nov 1, 2017
Yes. It's the same scene where she finds out. There is an option for a threesome, her corruption has to be above a certain threshold though.
That actually raises another question for me. How do you tell in-game what Rowan or Alexia's corruption levels are?

Hekzow

Dec 24, 2017
That actually raises another question for me. How do you tell in-game what Rowan or Alexia's corruption levels are?
Using Dev mode.

Alexia can get to medium corruption now, that's good. Hopefully she'll be able to learn how to grow a cock on command or just have one permanantly if she gets transformed into a demon. It's really quite fun to have her corruption be high and keep her loyal to Rowan. I imagine husband and wife will have a lot of funtimes with a variety of characters in the future.
Can you even get to medium corruption while faithful without using cheat codes?

T51bwinterized

Game Developer
Oct 17, 2017
I'm not totally sure the maximum faithful Alexia corruption number. I've been steadily putting in events that will raise her corruption that don't involve her sleeping around. For example, the non-sexual event I put into 2.40 features a chance to give her more corruption.

There are also controlled/threesome cases. For example, threesomes with X'z, our friendly neighborhood succubus, increase corruption. So too does the Futa content.

Overall, the non-NTR corruption path is less well developed then either Andras/Corruption or Jazera/Corruption. However, the seeds (heh) of it are already in the game, and more is planned.

Also, at least with Alexia (perhaps later with Rowan as well) the goal is to signpost Alexia's corruption with events. A further signpost is planned for high corruption, for example. I mean, spoilers, but duh.

spitfire335

Jun 12, 2017
I'm not totally sure the maximum faithful Alexia corruption number. I've been steadily putting in events that will raise her corruption that don't involve her sleeping around. For example, the non-sexual event I put into 2.40 features a chance to give her more corruption.

There are also controlled/threesome cases. For example, threesomes with X'z, our friendly neighborhood succubus, increase corruption. So too does the Futa content.

Overall, the non-NTR corruption path is less well developed then either Andras/Corruption or Jazera/Corruption. However, the seeds (heh) of it are already in the game, and more is planned.

Also, at least with Alexia (perhaps later with Rowan as well) the goal is to signpost Alexia's corruption with events. A further signpost is planned for high corruption, for example. I mean, spoilers, but duh.
Always good to see different ways and routes to get corruption. I know you guys were hinting at transforming Andras into a more pleasing form, but later down the line will Alexia be able to be transformed into a demon. Or maybe husband and wife can do that together?
I will say this. It is an absolute joy to see how both Rowan and Alexia respond to different events depending on their relation/corruption values. For example the scene in which Alexia is playing with her futa-cock, she blatantly tells Rowan what happened and that she shot semen everywhere in their room. To which if Rowan is corrupt enough and participated in the previous futa event chain, he says to wait for him next time. The scene would be very different on another playthrough with different choices. Cheers to the writing team and Arioch for this reactive game.

T51bwinterized

Game Developer
Oct 17, 2017
We weren't hinting at it. There is no current plan to gender switch Andras. I think Rein was musing if it was possible, and people started to take it as a given. This isn't to say we're a firm no on it either. But, no plans currently exist for that. Furthermore, from a design standpoint doing so would just be a total nightmare. Consider all of the random events, story events, so on and so on that would require rewrites and variants if we did that. Imagine how many art variants we'd need. Multi-state writing/art is a bitch.

And yeah, what you're talking about is the fruits of our labor. Basically the entire game is filled with variable text depending on corruption state. As you get further and further into the game, you're only going to find more events with text variants relative to corruption.

Reactions: spitfire335
Dec 3, 2017
While we're on the topic of suggestions, I had an idea for a Dominant Rowan scene the other day. It would be after starting slave-training with Helayna - bring Helayna and Liurial into the throne room, tell them to strip down, and then make them pose on display all day while Rowan has various meetings with members of the castle. It can devolve into more sexy times from there :)

Reactions: TheSexinati

spitfire335

Jun 12, 2017
I'm pretty happy with the game so far, and whether Andras's body can be transformed at some point in the game or not, I will still play and support. I was one of those that didn't like the game at first but now that more and more dominant Rowan scenes are being added, I am having quite a lot of fun. What's even more fun is corrupt Rowan and his interactions not only with his wife and Heleyna but also the twins.

Reactions: TheSexinati
4.00 star(s) 162 Votes