RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017
Disappointing that a lot of games railroad you into one plot while giving the illusion of choice.
You can only make choices within the range of branching paths that the developers decided to put inside a game. And that is true to any game ever created.

Reactions: T800

Xypher

May 1, 2017
Anyone know the requirements in unlocking the new Rowan x Alexia scene?

Also is the walkthrough updated yet?

Back

Aug 3, 2017
The bug where uncommon events prevent village capture from adding to income. Except for the nobleman and girls event.
Seconded. This has been an issue that's been ongoing now for a couple years. Heck, the last time I played (back in early March) I rolled really well for the Nobleman+Girls events and bypassed them entirely; thus, after "capturing" all the other villages on the map, I had a grand total of one (or possibly two) villages. Definitely no more than two for sure. Eh, it is what it is. Wish it was fixed but it doesn't really affect gameplay much.

Well, since I'm making a post, I like to say that I went into Cliohna's arc blind. And it was a pretty fantastic series of events to go through as she got more and more frustrated while Rowan continued to resist and ultimately overcome her attempts. Great job there! It was a fun read. Hope for more followups down the line. ;]

The devs once asked about the Quests. Off the top of my head, the Orcaid branches in the questbook book needs just a bit more attention. It's already got some color-coded elements for each path but not for all. And, oddly enough, the player can start on elements of Ulcro's path without ever meeting with the warchief to initiate it (such as gathering furnishings for the captive noblewoman). Also, some kind of "stamp of completion" might be nice once the player wraps up the Orcaid Arc in however way they did it. Oh, I also recall a "quest" from Cla-min in return for a favor (during the Helayna investigation, I believe). She asks you to visit the capital within a certain amount of time to acquire a few things in her stead. I don't think this was ever implemented nor does it appear in the questlogs.

Oh, on that note, I still saw "(Visiting Rastedel, the capital of Rosaria, is not yet implemented)" line in v2.54 despite clearly being able to enter the capital. It's an odd thing to see still (and to remember, lol).

The writing for this game is captivating and the team consistently delivers with new updates. So, props for that! Many projects on Patreon are simply not as good or consistent. Seeing how SoC now appears on Steam, I think the bar is raised even more so. While the writing in the game is quite readable, there are still numerous grammatical mistakes especially in the use of incorrect words for similar-sounding ones. The game needs a good and thorough deep-dive of its text; or, just throw the script into a grammar-checker.

Quite the enjoyable game with enough choices to make the game interesting for a large number of players and their playstyles. I especially get a kick out of reading the little things that breathes life into the world. For instance, when doing things that turns out favorable for the goblin lady, she, at one point, unexpectedly jumps into Rowan's arms and give him a kiss full on the lips. That was fun. Or how Rowan and Greyhide go out drinking and just talks about shit. Lots of these types of things are in the game and I just dig that (and I hope most other players do too)!

Opps, guess I digressed a bit. Lol. Yeah, village counts are bugged. Needs fixing. ^^"
That reminds me, Research needs some TLC too. A lot of them are blank and one of them even repeats information from a different one... So there's that too.

PS - The game called the player a perv at one point. I was shocked! Utterly shocked. There's no content in that very specific situation where the game accused the player of being a perv, and my mind went wild with numerous possible scenarios of how it would continue on from there. Argh! Lol! One last thing, could y'all return all the flavor text that disappeared in some of the castle's sections? For example, the Barracks doesn't even have any. I really liked "Show respect to the human Boss!" line from there. I better bounce or I'll end up remember more things that needs attention, heh. *Fistbumps*

Back

Aug 3, 2017
so i was wondering the last time i played. will alexia actually be able to get pregnant? and will it only be by rowan?
The devs are at least thinking about it as there's a hint of it in the game. At one point, Rowan can inquire about fertility treatments with a certain someone at the Library, but it hasn't been implemented as of yet. The game will call you out on it in a rather interesting way though.

While we're at it, is the Nemesis angle in danger of being dropped from the game? I vaguely recall art for it on Patreon from way back in the day.

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017
If i am not mistaken it was pushed back until they settle other more imediate things the game needs implemented.

Reactions: Back

Back

Aug 3, 2017
If i am not mistaken it was pushed back until they settle other more imediate things the game needs implemented.
That's what I'm remembering as well, but was curious about its current state and whether it will be ultimately cut from the game.

Semantics

Apr 28, 2017
Anyone got latest cheats using the console commands? Ones on page 2 dont seem to work?
all_actors[u'alexia'].coruption=X
all_actors[u'alexia''].relation=X
castle.treasury=
castle.rp=
week=
change_relation('cla_min', #)
change_relation('cliohna', #)
change_relation('skordred', #)
change_relation('draith', #)
change_relation('xzaratl', #)
all_actors[u'alexia'].flags['jezera_influence'] = #
all_actors[u'alexia'].flags['andras_influence'] = #
change_base_stat('c', #)
change_favor('jezera', #)
change_favor('andras', #);
castle.treasury=x -> set treasury amount
castle.military=x -> set military capacity
castle.tech=x -> set tech rate
castle.morale=x -> set morale (cap at 100)
castle.villages=x -> set number of Villages
castle.mines=x -> set number of Mines
That's about as full a list as exists currently. Mind that there's a typo on the Alexia corruption one.

That's what I'm remembering as well, but was curious about its current state and whether it will be ultimately cut from the game.
From last month:

Backburner but not scrapped. We have a bunch of assets sitting around unused we want to use one day. And we still think the idea is cool.

The problem is that the scope of this game is massive and we're already facing a daunting ammount of work. The nemesis system got sidelined when we were faced with the 2018 re-tooling. When we're struggling to keep up with the current scope it's not time to expand it.

Reactions: lexlutha and T800

Ozo-One

Mar 23, 2018
Why does this game get so little content each update? or it is just me? just very curious. i enjoy the game and want more content. and yes i do remember the term 'beggars cant be choosers'

• Angry
Reactions: Snugglepuff

SommelierVN

Apr 16, 2020
Did the latest release fix the village event bug?
Seconded. This has been an issue that's been ongoing now for a couple years. Heck, the last time I played (back in early March) I rolled really well for the Nobleman+Girls events and bypassed them entirely; thus, after "capturing" all the other villages on the map, I had a grand total of one (or possibly two) villages. Definitely no more than two for sure. Eh, it is what it is. Wish it was fixed but it doesn't really affect gameplay much.
Hello guys, can you give me in depth details on how this bug came to be? I need to replicate the conditions for it to be properly quashed.
any images of the bug, save file you can share for the conditions will definitely help.

Thanks in advance.

Kosarev

May 6, 2019
As far as I know, the problem is with capturing villages. When you capture one trough different events (like an orc wants to lead, or you meet the girl that invites you to her home) everything seems to be alright. But when the week ends and you look at you kingdom stats the captured village count remains unchanged.

So the only events that seem to work correctly and that let you capture the village are the one with a cult and I thi k the nobleman offering you girls.

4.00 star(s) 162 Votes