Rein

Game Developer
May 8, 2017
No offense, but I really don't want to try another playthrough while some of the core systems are broken (or remain broken, at least one of them seems to break every time I check this thread).
Others may feel differently of course, but I'd much rather have a fully working build than 17 new scenes that I may never see because the code gets wonky before I progress far enough.
It's a work in progress.

Reactions: Haise01

DownTheDrain

Donor
Aug 25, 2017
It's a work in progress.
Obviously.
I'm sure you have a roadmap and all that so I'll refrain from armchair designing. I was just checking if the strategy and management part of the game is finally fully functional but unfortunately that doesn't seem to be the case.

RedPillBlues

I Want to Rock your Body (To the Break of Dawn)
Donor
Jun 5, 2017
Pirates being wildly misinformed and complaining for no reason?

Can't be.
Wildly misinformed yes, I mean even when I played awhile back it had at least 2. Complaining for no reason? Well I mean historically there has always been less for that couple, I don't think its for "no reason." I get that your working on it, but theres quite the disparity and its existed almost since this games inception.

DownTheDrain

Donor
Aug 25, 2017
I get that your working on it, but theres quite the disparity and its existed almost since this games inception.
That's the same for every game that tries to cater to vastly different fetishes. The lion's share of content goes to whoever yells the loudest, or whoever pays the most in patreon's case.

KlausLewis

Retired Asset Smuggler
Donor
Jan 31, 2018
Quick question for those of you that have progressed far in the game or even finished the current version. Does Rowan ever get stronger and more dominant in the plot? I'm not talking about the sexual part but rather the story itself

RedPillBlues

I Want to Rock your Body (To the Break of Dawn)
Donor
Jun 5, 2017
That's the same for every game that tries to cater to vastly different fetishes. The lion's share of content goes to whoever yells the loudest, or whoever pays the most in patreon's case.
Yeah no I understand why it is for sure. I just feel that its a fair complaint. Im sure eventually they will get more fleshed out.

• Angry
Reactions: Kame-Sennin

DownTheDrain

Donor
Aug 25, 2017
Yeah no I understand why it is for sure. I just feel that its a fair complaint. Im sure eventually they will get more fleshed out.
Oh I agree that it's a valid complaint.
The game clearly caters more to certain demographics and the player's role is decidedly different from what they advertised initially.

Reactions: Rain01

Tydeusv

Mar 2, 2017
Oh I agree that it's a valid complaint.
The game clearly caters more to certain demographics and the player's role is decidedly different from what they advertised initially.
Not really. He said you'd play a villain, and you do. People just interpreted that the way they wanted to, and was mad when it wasn't that.

DownTheDrain

Donor
Aug 25, 2017
Not really. He said you'd play a villain, and you do. People just interpreted that the way they wanted to, and was mad when it wasn't that.
I couldn't disagree more. You start out as a hero trying to do good and turn into a tragic broken figure at best, a willing henchman at worst. You're not the villain, you're the villains' servant. It's a far cry from being the bad guy as advertised. For a large part of it you're not even a bad guy, let alone the main villain.

It's kind of a moot point though, I've long since accepted that the game didn't turn out to be what I initially hoped. There's still plenty of quality to be found, just not of the kind that they put in their original sales pitch.

jaredhsieh65

Jul 2, 2017
Is there any one willing share save all about scene ??
Or ... some gentleman or lady please make a mod for this game....

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017
Props to the devs, I'm loving the new direction X’zaratl is taking and I cant wait to see what the twist ends up being.
You and me both. :sneaky::p

Pirates being wildly misinformed and complaining for no reason?

Can't be.
Sometimes i wonder how those people were raised. Did they had someone to clean up their asses or to breast feed them until 18? :LOL: :unsure:

Reactions: KiraJames

New Kid

Apr 2, 2018
I couldn't disagree more. You start out as a hero trying to do good and turn into a tragic broken figure at best, a willing henchman at worst. You're not the villain, you're the villains' servant. It's a far cry from being the bad guy as advertised. For a large part of it you're not even a bad guy, let alone the main villain.

It's kind of a moot point though, I've long since accepted that the game didn't turn out to be what I initially hoped. There's still plenty of quality to be found, just not of the kind that they put in their original sales pitch.
From the kingdom people's perspective in the game you are certainly a villain, no matter how much (actually little) you did to assuage your guilt, you still helped the twins achieve their objectives and killed a lot of people in the process. It doesn't matter much if you save a handful of people when you helped the twins slaughter a thousand with minimal losses enabling them to aim further and further in their conquest campaign, which wouldn't have gone so well without your help. The only thing you can control is how much you embrace the corruption, and maybe in the future find a way to usurp the demon's power for yourself instead of being a minion or redeem yourself somehow.

DownTheDrain

Donor
Aug 25, 2017
From the kingdom people's perspective in the game you are certainly a villain, no matter how much (actually little) you did to assuage your guilt, you still helped the twins achieve their objectives and killed a lot of people in the process. It doesn't matter much if you save a handful of people when you helped the twins slaughter a thousand with minimal losses enabling them to aim further and further in their conquest campaign, which wouldn't have gone so well without your help.
That's a lovely piece of theory and all but you're not playing as some random peasant or soldier of the kingdom, so their perspective is irrelevant to how the game actually plays.
The MC may be perceived as a villain but that doesn't make him any more in control of the situation or any less of a submissive stooge.

The only thing you can control is how much you embrace the corruption, and maybe in the future find a way to usurp the demon's power for yourself instead of being a minion or redeem yourself somehow.
Agreed.
Presumably you'll be able to exact revenge in the final act, though I doubt it'll matter much at that point. If you're looking for an evil overlord experience you're not going to stick around that long, so the MC potentially turning into the main villain is merely part of the outro.

Last edited:

Jan 10, 2018
Quick question for those of you that have progressed far in the game or even finished the current version. Does Rowan ever get stronger and more dominant in the plot? I'm not talking about the sexual part but rather the story itself
I'm a few versions behind on my last complete playthrough, but by the end of the first act, Rowan planned the massacre of an enemy army largely on his own, and engineered a major city falling under the control of his underling. Though... The twins both get more competent as the direct result of his assistance as well, and don't hesitate to lord it over him when his success was less than perfect.

So he's demonstrated concrete success that can be directly attributed to him, and has built a degree of authority independent of the twins, but he's still under their thumb. Whether he's content with that or not can vary depend on his choices, though that hasn't been elaborated on much at this point.

Reactions: KlausLewis

Jul 2, 2017
Props to the devs, I'm loving the new direction X’zaratl is taking and I cant wait to see what the twist ends up being.
Honestly, the way she was talking about being involved with the child in the breeding scene, I suspect a rumplestiltskin move.

Or maybe she just wants to invite herself into their marriage from time to time. Hell, being wholesome might be kinky for a sex demon.. Either way, way better than the rapey X'zaratl we originally got (seriously, read the old scene, it's low key fucked up).

Reactions: RC-1138 Boss
4.00 star(s) 162 Votes