Rein

Game Developer
May 8, 2017
But I was thinking of it more like "I care deeply about you, and can't bear to have your death on my conscience. Please, please don't throw your life away by trying to escape while you're in this condition.". Followed by using her feelings for him, and the curse, to progress down the love route without having had to explicitly say that he loves her instead of Alexia.
That's evil, I like it, but I ain't the one writing Helayna, so that's how far my input on this topic goes :p

Rivina

Jan 7, 2021
There will be an option to have Alexia and Helayna figure out their differences, once Helayna route is updated after the skill update (god damn escape/investigation event).

One of the possible resolutions is FutaAlexia/Helayna sex scene, which was the winner of SoC patreon fanfiction poll, and was deemed plausible enough to be upgraded to a actual ingame scene.
I like it!

Drexelhand

Lostworks Dev
Game Developer
May 2, 2017
Unlikely. It's already a headache to account for Helayna being an optional companion.
If it's a storytelling issue, then just kill her off and undead her whenever Rowan wants to beat that one more time. If it's a programming issue, backlog the bitch.

johlem

Apr 30, 2018
Well, at least that leading to a non-standard game over when Helanya killed Rowan would still avoid complicating the plot :ROFLMAO: ...

But I was thinking of it more like "I care deeply about you, and can't bear to have your death on my conscience. Please, please don't throw your life away by trying to escape while you're in this condition.". Followed by using her feelings for him, and the curse, to progress down the love route without having had to explicitly say that he loves her instead of Alexia. Since he still cares deeply for her, it shouldn't require any change to the rest of the events - especially when one considers how those emotions would probably grow more intense once they're actually together.

It still seems rather skeevy to me, but less so than saying he loves a woman he hasn't seen in years instead of the wife that he's loved since being a teenager.

(Though for the record, I've always seen Rowan having sex with Helayna as more of a "necessary action to keep her coherent", rather than a bonus. I mean, so long as he's sleeping with her, he can't even share his room with his wife; that doesn't seem a good trade to me.)

Ah, and just to reiterate, I do see this as being a personal issue surrounding the use of the term "love" in the event, rather than as a legitimate game issue, so I really won't have any complaints with the event staying as-is. It'd be selfish to expect that game to cater to me personally when there's so much work to be done.
I feel exactly the same about this scene and the "love" thing, my Rowan want to save her and care about her, but he doesn't "love" her, its more like he "like" her, so an option to turn the sentence other than 'I love you' or an option to lie to her in order to keep her safe will actually be a plus from a rp point of view I think, even if it is indeed a detail in the end ^^

Oct 8, 2018
Just have fake choice.

1. "I love you."
2. "I love you." (Lie)

Both doing the exact same thing. Then again, the player could just add that lying bit to their own headcanon and not require any coding whatsoever.

diebesgrab

Feb 25, 2019
Maybe I’m just making this up, but I think they’ve said there are plans to bring Helayna back after she escapes. Not sure in what capacity or in what way, but if it’s as a resident of the castle again, all of this trying to get her to stay without saying Rowan loves her might be moot.

Rein

Game Developer
May 8, 2017
Just have fake choice.

1. "I love you."
2. "I love you." (Lie)

Both doing the exact same thing. Then again, the player could just add that lying bit to their own headcanon and not require any coding whatsoever.
It wouldn't be that simple. Manipulating Helayna into staying with you by pretending to love her shoulnd't be a thing that gets glossed over.

There are some ways to approach it that are feasible, but it's always a matter of workload vs benefit. For now, no further comments.

D

Deleted member 2729089

i hope in the future we get to go full dom mode, sort of like the CG which shows jezeera sucking our cock while sitting on the throne :devilish:, all while heleyna is right next to us.

Reactions: Carefree247

Rein

Game Developer
May 8, 2017
I hope in the future Helayna will force Rowan to suck her cock.

sigh
No, that's gay*.

*Rein's guide to gay:
- Futanari fucking a woman: Very straight.
- Futanari fucking a futanari: Straight.
- Man fucking a futanari: Still Straight.
- A woman fucking a futanari with strap on: Weird, but straight.
- A futanari fucking a man: Gay. Very much gay.

diebesgrab

Feb 25, 2019
No, that's gay*.

*Rein's guide to gay:
9E980AB7-BD95-45A0-94FF-C9A5A23CE1BF.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Lou111 and errte13

claralover

Engaged Member
Nov 2, 2017
No, that's gay*.

*Rein's guide to gay:
wait, what about a man fucking a man??? That's straight right?

Carefree247

May 24, 2019
Been a year or so since I last returned to this and thank God ! for people like Back,05841035411, AlexWildfire, manscout and T51bwinterized, to have such interesting conversations ,literaly a breath of fresh air in this thread (referring to the talk on Pg 475) . Could any of the writers tell who is working on the Helyana rework ?

You guys covered the ruler arc well but the most bothersome part of SoC for me( besides ntr and unwanted assualts on Rowan) are the Deities as it similar to the Force from star wars where KoTR covered it well on it's failings, on a macro level you are screwed regardless(based on past knowledge in V2.5) who you follow so I wonder if the future arcs will expand on the cosmic entities given that we met a priest from the chaos side.

I look forward to the Update and hope it fixes the low random encounters we gave such as the Fey, fox sprit and Dragon ogre which I always missed last year on my re-play and on 2018 and also the random events that always poped up such as the bandit or some other event which reduced my favors from the twins,(ʘдʘ╬) man I want to backstab them soon but the game backstabs me before I get to backstab them (╯°Д°)╯ ┻━┻

World building wise I feel the writers haven't given me much to like about most of the chaos or order side besides some and their all those who I have slept with ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°). I'll see if the sucubi has improved as many claim. Any one mind telling me what is Ameraine ? I get the feeling she/he is a flesh shaper creature with a wonderful depiction till they decided to turn her into a Panda (╥_╥)

EDIT: IT'S OUT !

claralover

Engaged Member
Nov 2, 2017
let's see if we can beat last release's time to be posted here, what was it a week? I bet we can make it two weeks.

Reactions: aykarin

Drexelhand

Lostworks Dev
Game Developer
May 2, 2017
let's see if we can beat last release's time to be posted here, what was it a week? I bet we can make it two weeks.
It was like a day. Somebody posted the Mega link in here. It was only a week before the Latest Updates page showed it. But, it's days like these I regret getting it on Steam instead of the Patreon.

Gwedelino

Game Developer
Sep 4, 2017
There is a lot of reworked graphics during the last few updates.

Does the dev plan to replace every piece of art done by Momdadno ?

T51bwinterized

Game Developer
Oct 17, 2017
There is a lot of reworked graphics during the last few updates.

Does the dev plan to replace every piece of art done by Momdadno ?
We're updating the art to be more in line with the game's general aesthetic. Momdadno continues to work for Seeds of Chaos, providing linearts for new pieces. Most of the new pieces in every release are collaborations between him and Sommy.

The plan is to continue to update his old works to be more in line with the general aesthetic until the game's artwork is far more unified.

Disclaimer: I am a writer. If Sommy chooses to comment, take his word over mine.

4.00 star(s) 162 Votes