rivon

Jun 14, 2018
Rowan : "I need Help plox my wifu stolen by chad Demon!"
Warden : "Sorry Rowan you too marginalized!"

Ps. I pointed out this plot hole at the very beginning of the game development. Basically , if Rowan was master strategist it doesn't sum up that the best plan he come up with is to venture in to the demons pit alone + after all his adventures (quite successful) he had not a single friend to ask for a favor?
I dropped this issue because it's hentai game and we have bigger plot holes in most movies and AAA games.
Pss. Yet i do think mayyyy be our "master strategist" should have had enough common sense to try and warn someone about the impending demonic invasion Before his suicide mission.

Rein

Game Developer
May 8, 2017

Ps. I pointed out this plot hole at the very beginning of the game development. Basically , if Rowan was master strategist it doesn't sum up that the best plan he come up with is to venture in to the demons pit alone + after all his adventures (quite successful) he had not a single friend to ask for a favor?
I dropped this issue because it's hentai game and we have bigger plot holes in most movies and AAA games.
Pss. Yet i do think mayyyy be our "master strategist" should have had enough common sense to try and warn someone about the impending demonic invasion Before his suicide mission.
Do you want to fuck demon bitches and noble ladies or not?

New Kid

Apr 2, 2018

Eh, that makes a lot of sense. Unless something happened between the Six Heroes after the end of the war that we don't know about and that would be the cause why Rowan wouldn't ask for help from them either. The nobles already loathe the very notion of a peasant like him being a hero so it's a no brainer that no one in the high ranks would listen to him or anyone affiliated with him that could act as a messenger.

errte13

Oct 6, 2020

IRC, Rowan is not a "master strategist", he was more described to be willing to do dirty deeds to get the job done. Competent, but nothing "genius" or having special talent.

But, the answer above is basically correct. Rowan is too marginalized politically during peace time to actually get much help. Had he come to Rastedel for help, Werden would have burried the request.
Does he have no allies he made during war that are at least willing to hear him out and that have at least some influence to help? If so, before doing some suicidal solo like he did, he can at least spend some time to wrote letters to any people (either to send help or to warn his hometown razed to the ground by demons).

AlexWildfire

May 29, 2018
I think we are hitting the wall of logic here, for the story of the game to happen the twins need Rowan, a hero and , has the later points of the story show, relatively respected person, to go alone to their place and be captured for months with no-one knowning. But also needs him to be a hero with experience,and smart enough to be a strategist and that leads it to the poit off:

Has a hero, veteran and smart guy makes no sense he has no friends, alies or people he could warn even with the "come alone", just say "if i dont give news in x time send help" , but if that happened the game could not work because then there would be people knowing. Could it be fixed? Sure, things like having the sometimes all knowing twins hand waving at "we killed those that were warned" can be made and be a quick and dirty fix, or saying fuck it and using that has a plotpoint so we can pull a "In this place you find that one friend you warned, here some options to be a lesser evil or (masoquist)good guy" out of the hat.

Now going from the wishfull thinking , the writers already seem to have to much on their plate and no-one can have a totaly hole free story without taking from the fun of the game, or from the new content via forcing old one to need to be adjusted and re-writen everytime someone goes "Hey, i have an idea for a cool new character that has a relation with Rowan's past, but how many scenes do we need to alter or scrap for it to make sense".

Reactions: rivon and Fleep

Drexelhand

Lostworks Dev
Game Developer
May 2, 2017

Look, Rowan is clearly suffering from CTE.

Reactions: Anonikus

T51bwinterized

Game Developer
Oct 17, 2017
I mean, I can go into political theory and feudal logistics if you want.

But, Rowan really didn't have access to anything resembling a force that would actually be able to take the castle. If you'll recall from the first Rastedel quest, the belief of the leadership of the realms was that this was just some minor demons going on raids. In the story, this belief doesn't actually get broken until the Rosarian army is ambushed and destroyed. If the realms percieved this as a true "Greater Demon" war, then they'd be more inclined to march. But, two demon wars so soon is unprecedented and they werne't about to believe it just because Rowan said it was the case.

Rowan's political power is basically directly tied to "how fucked the situation is". And at the start of the game, things were mostly fine. This is because his power is entirely derivative of utility and connections and not from intuitions. The lower his utility the lower his power.

He could have called up some friends and personal connections, but even then he'd need to persuade them on a months long trek north through a famously hard to supply area. In Feudal society, the only people with access to serious military powers are governments or feudal lords. And calling levies for an extended campaign is a thing feudal lords are not inclined to do. If the demon force at Bloodmeen really had been inconsequential, then the cost of the expedition in terms of manpower and lost resources (Feudal Levies are also the civilian workforce) would have been huge.

Among the major political factions, the only ones in the entire world I could plausibly see helping him might be the Knights in the Tundra. But, we haven't really established that fully, and on a practical level getting the knights to comit to a forced march to the Rakshan wastes is unlikely. And the trip south and then back north would at least double the movement time.

So the only real question is "Why didn't Rowan try to go with a small strike force of allies or mercenaries". And that's a more fair question. Helayna, some war buddies, maybe even one of the heroes could have been persuaded to help him. But, even then his behavior isn't that out of character. Adding 4 or 5 people wouldn't make them anymore likely to win via frontal assault and might make stealth more difficult.

And Rowan, for all his fame in working as a unit, is by nature something of a loner. He likes to travel light, alone, through hostile country. He did it at Karst, at other points during the war, and does it frequently in the game.

So, once it became apparent that Duke Raeve and Rastedel weren't about to march an army to Bloodmeen because a small village got burned by some "minor demons", he probably deciding that a solo-stealth infilitration was his best bet.

TLDR: Since when can a literal peasant just call up an army to send on a massive months long march based on a personal testimonial?

Last edited:

Rein

Game Developer
May 8, 2017
Just put a game over state in at the beginning of the game for that guy, where Rowan goes to his "friends" for help they all get wrecked within seconds by the Twins and Rowan is cucked for eternity GAME OVER.
Eh. We'll see if it's worth the time.

Reactions: Anonikus

Anonikus

Jul 24, 2020
Finally from the latest patreon art it looks like Alexia and Greyhide will be getting the scene they deserve.
You can't just say something like that and not follow up! I'm not on the Patreon any longer...
The anticipation is going to kill me.

Where is your humanity?

Rivina

Jan 7, 2021
Just put a game over state in at the beginning of the game for that guy, where Rowan goes to his "friends" for help they all get wrecked within seconds by the Twins and Rowan is cucked for eternity GAME OVER.
Dunno about wrecked, I think wassaname, the living saint would be a heavy hitter, buuuuuuuut I have a rather different idea. What if instead Rowan sends letter/s to his friends explaining the situation and how he was told to come alone.

What if they were instructed to come later on? Depending on what goes down they might come along in Ep 2 or 3 and depending on how corrupt Rowan has or hasn't become they might help him or he might have to fight them. Travel to Bloodmeen apparently takes 4 or so months even when you're traveling without a massive supply trains etc so they might not even be able to make it till later anyway.

T51bwinterized

Game Developer
Oct 17, 2017
Dunno about wrecked, I think wassaname, the living saint would be a heavy hitter, buuuuuuuut I have a rather different idea. What if instead Rowan sends letter/s to his friends explaining the situation and how he was told to come alone.

What if they were instructed to come later on? Depending on what goes down they might come along in Ep 2 or 3 and depending on how corrupt Rowan has or hasn't become they might help him or he might have to fight them. Travel to Bloodmeen apparently takes 4 or so months even when you're traveling without a massive supply trains etc so they might not even be able to make it till later anyway.
If Rowan was actually able to persuade sexy pope that they were going to have a demon war to deal with, he would not be in this mess.

4.00 star(s) 162 Votes