Ice piece

Jun 21, 2017
What you suggest would be impossible to implement in SoC right now without complete rework of map exploration system. Events on the map do not trigger in specific points. They can occur randomly on any hexagon. It's different in each playthrough.
not impossible just inconvenient.

Ice piece

Jun 21, 2017
Correct me if wrong but I think that would involve lots of coding, so yeah pretty much impossible right now with all the tasks they have to do for the game.
nope ,not how I see it, just change the trigger from random hexagons to specific hexagons, based on my time playing the game random world event has very insignificance effect on the main story it just effects the stats, thus the world event scripts are probably not that deep, regardless it doesn't matter all that have to be modified is just the trigger for this events.
although it depends on the the code, but again its not impossible just inconvenient.

Fleep

Jul 16, 2018
One thing I am interested in, is X'zaratl's part in a more personal story outside of curing Alexia's barrenness. Basically something like eking out details of the wider politics while fucking over the twins by prioritizing happiness through abusing their power instead of solidifying it. She clearly wants a... Well, a child of her own. My question is, is the story going to go in a direction that makes that happen while turning her from beyond a peer into an ally to Rowan like Cla-Min? Otherwise it seems like she's just a plot device for Rowan and Alexia to use in order to advance their own stories, which is... Disappointing. Shaya's kind of already fallen victim to mostly being a Jezera plot cog despite getting a few scenes and even CGs dedicated just to her, and it'd be a shame if X'zaratl follows suit. Besides that, Nasim already seems to fill the role of functional plot cog in terms of the fertility treatment storyline.

From an overhead view the game already is suffering from a crowded cast and it seems like it's hurting characters with more potential.
I agree with this sentiment 100%. I love X, but she feels SO secondary in her own sex scenes. It's usually just Rowan and Alexia doing something and then X in the back until you let her join in for minimal action.

I get that she's an option for Alexia to get corrupted without cheating on Rowan, but X doesn't even need to be there for that. You get stuff like the cockpotion scene where Alexia locks herself in the room to fap and X doesn't even make an appearance in the whole scene. They're good scenes, but they feel more like Alexia job scenes (something that would trigger if you send her to work with the succubus) than X arc scenes. And idk, maybe it would be better that way. It would be great if Alexia actually got that kind of corruption just working with X as a job arc and then X had her own arc with sex scenes dedicated to her and the story revolving around her (I know that it will never happen, but dreaming is free).

Last edited:

TerraOfStorms

Aug 17, 2020
Since the last update, I tend to get a of errors during skill checks. It appears as though the skill values variable is being compared to an unset value (type error). Seems odd that the engine [presumably] does not have some sort of e2e testing.

I am a bastard, so I did not capture the log. It happens quite often ( about 10 times per play through), and I usually just hit ignore on the error dump and move on.

I am playing the current steam version. I am still loving it though. Though, overall, the story feels a little more choppy around the Alexia bits for reasons others have already outlined.

Reactions: Lolicon Kami

T51bwinterized

Game Developer
Oct 17, 2017
Since the last update, I tend to get a of errors during skill checks. It appears as though the skill values variable is being compared to an unset value (type error). Seems odd that the engine [presumably] does not have some sort of e2e testing.

I am a bastard, so I did not capture the log. It happens quite often ( about 10 times per play through), and I usually just hit ignore on the error dump and move on.

I am playing the current steam version. I am still loving it though. Though, overall, the story feels a little more choppy around the Alexia bits for reasons others have already outlined.
Loggggggggg ittttttt.

Crusado

Jan 21, 2020
I agree with this sentiment 100%. I love X, but she feels SO secondary in her own sex scenes. It's usually just Rowan and Alexia doing something and then X in the back until you let her join in for minimal action.

I get that she's an option for Alexia to get corrupted without cheating on Rowan, but X doesn't even need to be there for that. You get stuff like the cockpotion scene where Alexia locks herself in the room to fap and X doesn't even make an appearance in the whole scene. They're good scenes, but they feel more like Alexia job scenes (something that would trigger if you send her to work with the succubus) than X arc scenes. And idk, maybe it would be better that way. It would be great if Alexia actually got that kind of corruption just working with X as a job arc and then X had her own arc with sex scenes dedicated to her and the story revolving around her (I know that it will never happen, but dreaming is free).
Honestly, having Alexia have a job role in the Dark Sanctum with X would be pretty interesting. Maybe another way for her to gain corruption or NTR detox stuff. Or this could be a place for Alexia to practice her magic in the next act. I don't know what kind of job she would be doing there though.

Also X doesn't have a page in the character section of the Codex?

Reactions: Back

T51bwinterized

Game Developer
Oct 17, 2017
Honestly, having Alexia have a job role in the Dark Sanctum with X would be pretty interesting. Maybe another way for her to gain corruption or NTR detox stuff. Or this could be a place for Alexia to practice her magic in the next act. I don't know what kind of job she would be doing there though.

Also X doesn't have a page in the character section of the Codex?
Codex is wildly outaded. We'd update it but we don't want to devote manpower hours to it at this stage.

Sylaann

Nov 4, 2020
Ok I just finished the game (until next released) and i am kind of pissed of.

Is there a happy ending in the game? I have the feeling no matter my choice the result is "we demon, we do bad" and the boss just never make a choice beside the worse one (even for themselves or their wanted empire)

They just destroy the whole country, they wanted gold and an army, they destroyed the whole country economy and burn/kill all...

they ask me if they must chose to keep Monarchy or reward the strongest, I suggest the first they say it will be their way and start giving title then later in game they burn a whole city and say "starting now there is no tittle everyone is free to take what they want".

I have this feeling the game sometime mix the choisesand this end up poorly.

there is also building i can't build (arena 2) having finished all researches.

Jynx_lucky_j

May 1, 2021
Ok I just finished the game (until next released) and i am kind of pissed of.

Is there a happy ending in the game? I have the feeling no matter my choice the result is "we demon, we do bad" and the boss just never make a choice beside the worse one (even for themselves or their wanted empire)

They just destroy the whole country, they wanted gold and an army, they destroyed the whole country economy and burn/kill all...

they ask me if they must chose to keep Monarchy or reward the strongest, I suggest the first they say it will be their way and start giving title then later in game they burn a whole city and say "starting now there is no tittle everyone is free to take what they want".

I have this feeling the game sometime mix the choisesand this end up poorly.

there is also building i can't build (arena 2) having finished all researches.
The story is planned to have 3 acts, each act released as it's own game. The current end of the game is 90-95% of Act 1. As it typical in most adventure style stories when the hero thinks they are starting to get a bad situation under control they have the rug pulled out under them. In my interpretation, Rowan had started becoming too confident and complacent. He thought he would be able to redirect or steer the twins away from their worst impulses. That he could just focus on harm reduction until he found the right moment to turn the tables. However, the fall of Rastedal shows him that he doesn't have as much control or influence as he thought he did, as well as how little good his harm reduction actually does in the end.

Personally, I predict three major paths forward in Act 2 depending on how the player plays Rowan. Hero Rowan will have to redouble his effort to thwart the twins, actively giving aid to those that resist them and sowing discord among their followers. Servant Rowan will need to harden his heart to such atrocities as there will be many more ahead as he delivers the world to the twins. And finally Lord Rowan will need to play a delicate game of defeating the forces of light to stay in the twins good graces while shifting the loyalty of the their followers to him so he can take his "rightful place" as ruler, with out the twins realizing he betrayal until it is too late.

Regardless, you can probably expect another major rug pull or set back at the end of Act 2. There is a reason season finales tend to end on a major cliff hanger after all. Act 3 will then serve as the resolution what what ever path you've chose.

TerraOfStorms

Aug 17, 2020
Loggggggggg ittttttt.
Eh, I am a developer. I don't want to do the codey stuff when I get home >.< I just bust through the game from time to time, and just try to stay error blind and true to my developer nature.

That said, enough whining, I will try to unlazy my ass next time I am playing. I just thought the consistency and volume of 'unset' errors would warrant some kind of automated test.

I love your work! Keep it up!

Jynx_lucky_j

May 1, 2021
As an aside, my interpretation of this is that they agreed to grant noble titles to their followers, not to respect the noble titles or their enemies. On a certain level I suspect nether they nor most their followers really grasps the concept of an imposed hierarchy such as nobility, and how it leads to order and stability. With their their natural "might makes right" order everyone gets to do what ever they want unless someone stronger stops them. They just took that structure and slapped noble titles over it, so now everyone gets to do what ever they want unless someone of a higher rank stops them. And ultimately it is still a "might make right" world order because the only thing enforcing that hierarchy is the might of the twin themselves, with out it their followers would return to their default order.

Carefree247

May 24, 2019
Does anyone know the requirements to get the corrupt nobleman village scene, where when you enter a village a nobleman promises girls for you?

Thanks!
It doesn't appear initially but very late (atleast on my 1st run), and I've tried save scumming initially but no luck it happened post Rael keep conquest for me.

Okay. Take 2.

- Do not use your old saves. We have broken full save compatibility with this one. If you tried and started to get errors, don't send reports. Only from Fresh Saves. If you come to me with an error you got because you didn't use a fresh save, I will glare at you.

- Areas we are looking for feedback on:
The New Liurial Rework
The Intro Rework
The Draith Finale
The Changed Helayna Escape
The New Cla-Min Event
The New UI Changes
The Skill/Mechanics Rework
The New Shop
Heads up. If your post contains feedback for either the Draith Finale or the Liurial Introduction Rework, please tag me. I am specifically looking for people's expirience with those two events this week.

Introduction rework:
I loved it, simply a good improvement, though I'd say the elder is pretty sus
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

The fact that we read about a skirmish taking place trying to catch Rowan and not a one sided beatdown is more believable to the narrative being told to us over the entire course of the story where we see the hero of karst being a threat to the twins even when caught in a surprise attack and also this being a testament of his earlier achievements in the war.

The initial intro was trash and made the twins seem OP but contrary to the fact they were hidden daggers whom rowan was simply unaware and ill prepared, but man was he nerfed, and I presume it was so that the could add the H scenes which did a disservice and made us lose interest or hold an overestimated view of the twins which should not be.

There remains to be a missing driving force initially for Rowan and I presume the writers messed up somewhere or later added the fact that a war hero like Rowan received only recognition but no reward like titles, wealth, land etc and this was only ever mentioned in the Rastedel arc, so why not use this chance in the rework to use it as a plot device to further develop his character ? like use it as motive for his change as they say
A child that is not embraced by the village will burn it down to feel its warmth
Since the nobility have gone from being useless to being a thorn in his side why not give a motivation/reason for destroying them, now that I think about it Werden has been a thorn to Rowan and his faction is called the purple thorn(I think), so quite a foreshadowing that he needs to get rid of them.

I see 3 paths set by the end of the slaughter at Astarte where Rowan can be someone who:

1) Remains a selfless champion for his ppl (retains his initial drive for righteousness but learns ultimately nothing throughout the journey)

2) Sides with the Twins (remains a pawn for others while learning nothing and selling himself out)

3)Carving his own path ( learning from others, challenging his beliefs, doing what he wants and ultimately choosing to do something about it)

so it's necessary to fix the narrative and character progression for him early on while leaving breadcrumbs for us to follow and actually understand how and why he changed along the story.( I hope I got my point across as I really enjoyed the reworked intro and hope they rework/imporve the other major parts like Raeve keep, Rastedel battle 02 and ultimately the coup which would give us a solid story.

Something else which later pops up but crucial enough that I wish the writers tie up early is the relation with the elder, as later in the game we find out he and his wife later fostered him and their dialogue and interaction should have that sort of callback from Rowan speech or actions either through a special way of calling him or how he behaves around him because in some bad dreams or other events there is no emotional attachment to him and reduces the consequence of the action/event when conquering the first village.
Hope to see similar level if not better writing for the rest of the intro.

Now here are the nitpickings I have for this portion of the update

New Liurial Rework:
She finally got the backstory and now we can stop speculating if she was a spy sent by Jezera. I liked the rework along with the way it lead to the Domination training for Rowan.

Rein

Bellow are some issues with game mechanics, mistakes in code, typos in the script and crash report (only those sought after for this week according to winter)

I found a bit more typos and small blunders in the code but I'll make a separate post on them next week as they were not sought after for the present week.

Last edited:

Lolicon Kami

Nov 3, 2019
It doesn't appear initially but very late (atleast on my 1st run), and I've tried save scumming initially but no luck it happened post Rael keep conquest for me.
Thanks for the info :)

Also, since I noticed you were giving a pretty comprehensive bug report, is the brothel and arena bugging out for you too? Whenever I try to click on them I get error messages...is that just me?

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Carefree247
4.00 star(s) 163 Votes