kelystain

Nov 17, 2021
Yo, this release be fire though. Cla-Min Finale, the second half of the intro rework. A Greyhide x Draith x Rowan three-way. The massive rework of the Liurial Threesome to make it one of the most dynamic scenes in the game. More Alexia fertility plot. A cool new map event.

It's stacked.
A Greyhide x Draith x Rowan three-wayA Greyhide x Draith x Rowan three-way in the3.04?

sorasych

Jul 25, 2020
Nope. Definitely abandoned. Pack it in folks.

The last uupdate here. but if you subscribe to us on Patreon, you too can play the latest version like the cool kids.
To be fair all the Clamin/Greyhide/Lurial content is a disappointment. Not because of the content itself but because of secondary characters are prioritized instead of the main story.
We need Act 2. We want more twins interactions. More Rowan/Alexia interactions. How many years are you going to develop the game? As a former patron I am starting to think that Dev. Team’s goal isn’t to finish the game but Vice versa - to milk patrons for as long as possible.

• Hey there
Reactions: rivon

DarkDank

Oct 26, 2019
To be fair all the Clamin/Greyhide/Lurial content is a disappointment. Not because of the content itself but because of secondary characters are prioritized instead of the main story.
We need Act 2. We want more twins interactions. More Rowan/Alexia interactions. How many years are you going to develop the game? As a former patron I am starting to think that Dev. Team’s goal isn’t to finish the game but Vice versa - to milk patrons for as long as possible.
I like Lurial content. Having a mutual shared third for Rowan and Alexia is pretty nice. And I like the idea of both of them being cool with the other fucking someone else (albeit both don't know to the extent...). Basically a married couple being dominant on their submissive unicorn.
That advances main character arcs in my opinion because of that shared aspect.

Rein

Game Developer
May 8, 2017
Jezera and Rowan arc when again?
This year for sure.

Some attention had to be diverted into bringing the new writers up to speed. All those side plotlines had to be finished as well, so it was more sensible to get them started with side character, and leave the Main plotlines to more experienced writers.

Should these plotlines have been done years ago? Probably! But that's no longer an option, so we'll do them now.

monk_56

Apr 26, 2021
And you speak for the entire player base since when?

I agree with Rowan / Alexia content- but I don't give a single fuck about the Twins content.

Different players like different things. I am a huge fan of NPC content. It fills the game with life and provides motive to the meta-plots. I particularly love Liurial, Cla-min, Hel, Nasim, and X'zaratl. The NPC arcs are foundational and crucial to actually put Rowan in a position where he could rebel- without them the main plot stays with our PCs as subby bitches for eternity.

Accusing this team of "milking Patreons" is heckin ridiculous. These releases are robust. The team just redid the intro to create tangible allusions ect bringing it in line with where the rest of the game is headed- that is literally adding components to the main plot.

How the Kaoros is it milking when patreons want the content and pay for it? How is it milking when the NPC arcs are foundational to the meta-plot? How is it milking the patreons when the content you complained about wanting is literally on the Dev map and will be worked on this year? The team is working on a Goblin city as well- which is main plot- just not finished or released. Tch!

The gall of this pseduo-logic!

Semantics

Apr 28, 2017
The other castle characters are Rowan's avenue to actually fighting back against the Twins, though. Without storylines where he gains support among them, he either couldn't fight against the twins in the end, or would have to do so via complete deus ex machina. So they either have to do these storylines before the end anyway, not let Rowan rebel in the end, or have him do so in an unsatisfying way.

That's never mind that not everybody will want the things you want (You can take my Liurial and Helayna updates when you pry them from my cold dead hands), or that the Liurial rework this release includes Alexia developments, as did the X'zaratl rework. (And also Nasim's content, I guess, but Nasim doesn't have a storyline so much as he's a part of a storyline.)

perles75

May 16, 2020
I think it's pretty normal that they want to finish the open threads before moving to the next act... and as other people are saying, there are many who enjoy the secondary characters

Oriandu

Engaged Member
Sep 1, 2017
And you speak for the entire player base since when?

I agree with Rowan / Alexia content- but I don't give a single fuck about the Twins content.

Different players like different things. I am a huge fan of NPC content. It fills the game with life and provides motive to the meta-plots. I particularly love Liurial, Cla-min, Hel, Nasim, and X'zaratl. The NPC arcs are foundational and crucial to actually put Rowan in a position where he could rebel- without them the main plot stays with our PCs as subby bitches for eternity.

Accusing this team of "milking Patreons" is heckin ridiculous. These releases are robust. The team just redid the intro to create tangible allusions ect bringing it in line with where the rest of the game is headed- that is literally adding components to the main plot.

How the Kaoros is it milking when patreons want the content and pay for it? How is it milking when the NPC arcs are foundational to the meta-plot? How is it milking the patreons when the content you complained about wanting is literally on the Dev map and will be worked on this year? The team is working on a Goblin city as well- which is main plot- just not finished or released. Tch!

The gall of this pseduo-logic!
If I were a patreon supporter, and I am not a patreon supporter of anything, I wouldn't feel milked at all by SoC. I'd feel, I dunno, uh... positively milked? Like someone just gave me cheese.

Oriandu

Engaged Member
Sep 1, 2017
I don't know. Currently on a few meds for a lung condition and one of the side effects is a lack of mental alertness... occasionally I lapse into nonsense. Point is while I fundamentally disagree with patreon and crowd funding in general due to how easy it is to abuse the system, SoC's dev team is not milking anyone.

Yar, new intro does a good job of showing the threat Jezera represents. Seems to me like it makes it abundantly clear that she's the more dangerous of the two.

• Red Heart
Reactions: monk_56

T51bwinterized

Game Developer
Oct 17, 2017
I don't know. Currently on a few meds for a lung condition and one of the side effects is a lack of mental alertness... occasionally I lapse into nonsense. Point is while I fundamentally disagree with patreon and crowd funding in general due to how easy it is to abuse the system, SoC's dev team is not milking anyone.

Yar, new intro does a good job of showing the threat Jezera represents. Seems to me like it makes it abundantly clear that she's the more dangerous of the two.
Probably not true? If Rowan had done that to Andras it would have actually gone even more poorly.

It was more about showing part of why Rowan can't just off them and be done with it. It's because they're insanely difficult to kill.

Oriandu

Engaged Member
Sep 1, 2017
Probably not true? If Rowan had done that to Andras it would have actually gone even more poorly.

It was more about showing part of why Rowan can't just off them and be done with it. It's because they're insanely difficult to kill.
So you say, but you've also written at least one point into the game where Rowan shows himself able to fend off Andras, whereas I don't believe you have with Jezera and this addition to the opening is a worse beating than anything Andras dishes out. Based on how you've presented Andras, I don't doubt that Andras would have simply straight up murdered Rowan here while Jezera held back, he seems like the one who overall would be an easier kill for Rowan. While I know standard narrative tropes do not necessarily apply in all situations, Andras presentation makes him seem like the villain who is the more overt and dangerous threat but also the one who would more easily be maneuvered into a situation where Rowan is able to kill him. However if you you attempt that on Jezera and she'd be more likely to survive since she's physically powerful and adept with magic.

That's simply my opinion as a layperson, of course.

Jan 24, 2022
Is possible to have a good relationship with Alexia while having her getting corrupted or does one null the other? (good relationship = no corruption; bad relationship = high corruption)

Jynx_lucky_j

May 1, 2021
I just finished my first play through for the new update, I didn’t encounter every new scene but I think I got most of them, and here are my thoughts of what I encountered:

The new prologue update drives home how little hope Rowan has in a direct confrontation with either of the twins. Previously I had seen Jezera as a soft target, dangerous from the shadows, but easy prey in a direct fight. I have certainly been dissuaded from such notions. However, if she is this tough then Andras must be nigh invulnerable (which then goes to show how powerful Greyhide is). However, that does lead to a small inconsistency with the attack on Reave Keep. Helanya manages to get an arrow into Andras’ stomach fairly deep. Unless they have small vulnerable points and Helanya got a lucky shot and happened to find one. Hmmm… Regardless, it would be nice to get a scene showing Andras’ durability as well. WE have scenes of people penetrating Andras’ defenses, but no scenes that demonstrates just how big of a feat that is.

I also appreciate the explanation of how being crippled in a dungeon for months with inadequate food led to Rowan’s body and skills atrophying which is a good explanation as to why he doesn’t feel like he is as capable as such a mighty hero should be at the beginning of the game.

Alexia’s new fertility scene was a two parter which was a pleasant surprise. The discussion in the first half was thought provoking. It seems to me that Nasim may be implying that the clergy leadership might have some influence over Solansia’s decisions, but maybe I’m reading too much into it. At this point we don’t know how close the clergy actually is with their goddess, can the higher up actually talk to Solansia directly or are they full of shit and just say the things they want are Solania's will. Regardless I can’t wait for the artwork for the new scene cause it sounds damn hot just from the descriptions.

I enjoy the new Cla-min scenes immensely, however it does feel to me the domination options came out of nowhere. It doesn’t feel like a natural progression of the relationship up to that point. Maybe just slipping in some internal dialogue from Rowan about wanting to ‘put her in her place’ when she tries pulling fast ones on him or some such would help.
Also agreeing to impregnate Cla-min sure seems like a dangerous game to play. Sure she says she wouldn’t tell anyone, and I mostly believe her, but we’ve already seen that some of her family members have big mouths. It sure would be a shame if Alexia were to learn that you knocked Cla-min up before her…yup, would be a damn shame…

I love the new scene update with the Alexia and Liurial threesome. I don’t know what all factors are considered during the convincing stage of the dialogue, but I do think that during the “We’ve had other partners” argument if Alexia has had her own undisclosed partners (namely Sil or either twin) it should have a big positive effect on her decision. Maybe Rowan could even see a small indication. Like she starts to say something but stops herself or he gets the sense that she is hiding something but lets it go because he is trying to get himself out of the dog house at the moment.
EDIT: I've been informed by two separate sources that the scene does take into account if Alexia has slept with a twin, and the scene is far more complex that I was able to see in a single playthrough.

This might be too much to ask at this stage, but Cla-min is just flush with repeatable sex scenes at this point. It would be nice if the other characters could get some repeatable scenes too.
And while I’m on the topic of castle scenes, I don’t know if such a feature is possible, but I always thought it would be nice if castle locations were highlighted when they had a new scene available. I feel like half my game time is spent checking in on each location to see if any new scenes are available or not.

Finally I don’t know if this is a problem in this update or if it has been around for awhile, but the kidnapping option for the Brothel spies doesn’t seem to be working.

Last edited:
4.00 star(s) 162 Votes