NewTricks

Forum Fanatic
Nov 1, 2017
Here is my waifus tiers, not gonna list male characters because that I have zero interest in them and some females don't pique my interest either, as far as I am concerned, they are more or less irrelevant to me, sex appeal wise.
View attachment 1666239

Cliohna sits so lonely at the top :love: don't care if she is a 5000 years old, would follow her to the end of earth like a lovestruck puppy. X'Zaratl and Helyana are just a little short of making to the "S" tier, but there is only one queen:love:. Sorry, Alexia:p
I find it enormously funny that on a waifu list Alexia (literal wife) is a tier below a demon with a dick. But then again she has one sometimes too. Well done my good man. Carry on.

Oriandu

Engaged Member
Sep 1, 2017
Liurial is personally very orderly and diligent in terms of temperament. But, she has lots of chaotic traits too. She doesn't really trust formal authorities or structural chains of commands. Her natural temperment is to find a leader who can keep her safe and just obey them, regardless of what the formal rules say. It's not "quite" might makes right. But, it's closer to that.

She is also not especially burdened with a strong moral compass. If her dom says Jump, she says how high. She's not purposefully amoral or cruel. And on an interpersonal level she's quite kind and sweet. But, you'll notice that she stayed with Finnigold despite what he did. If she felt she had any element of security, she would be able to follow along behind an evil person. (All of this is to say that if Rowan goes full baddie, Liurial ain't about to jump ship).

So yeah. On the chaotic end of the specturm, but the extreme low end, reads right to me.
So... Liurial is a true neutral? How rare... and exceedingly dangerous.

Gierka

Dec 2, 2017
So with all the talk of tier lists, can you finally put Jazera in her place and dom her like the bitchy teenager she is or nah?

Jynx_lucky_j

May 1, 2021
So with all the talk of tier lists, can you finally put Jazera in her place and dom her like the bitchy teenager she is or nah?
Nah. I wouldn't expect being able to give either twin their comeuppance until some time in Act 3. If this was a traditional video game with 10 levels, we're currently on level 3 and the twins are end game bosses.

Reactions: Back

Back

Aug 3, 2017
Nah. I wouldn't expect being able to give either twin their comeuppance until some time in Act 3. If this was a traditional video game with 10 levels, we're currently on level 3 and the twins are end game bosses.
But what if there's a different end game boss that's vastly more threatening than The Twins could ever hope to achieve in Act 3? What if you found out that's the true intention behind the scenes in act three and depending on how things go how you use or get used by The Twins to face this new threat (but one that's always been there)? And in Act 2 is where you'll really need to lay down the foundations to face it. Hmm? Just throwing that out there for fun. ;]

Jynx_lucky_j

May 1, 2021
But what if there's a different end game boss that's vastly more threatening than The Twins could ever hope to achieve in Act 3? What if you found out that's the true intention behind the scenes in act three and depending on how things go how you use or get used by The Twins to face this new threat (but one that's always been there)? And in Act 2 is where you'll really need to lay down the foundations to face it. Hmm? Just throwing that out there for fun. ;]
There could certainly be some major twist along the way. The surprise greater threat is a somewhat common trope in it's own right. But I still wouldn't expect to see something like that until near the end of Act 2 at the soonest. The Main story of Act 1 is 90-95% complete, so there really isn't enough time to properly establish a new greater threat. Heck the Twins could still use some building up of their own threat levels before a greater threat would really seem all that great.

Back

Aug 3, 2017
There could certainly be some major twist along the way. The surprise greater threat is a somewhat common trope in it's own right. But I still wouldn't expect to see something like that until near the end of Act 2 at the soonest. The Main story of Act 1 is 90-95% complete, so there really isn't enough time to properly establish a new greater threat. Heck the Twins could still use some building up of their own threat levels before a greater threat would really seem all that great.
Don't get me wrong. I totally agree with you and have similar thoughts. I was just having fun. Cheers, Jynx! You're fun, and thanks for indulging. ;]

• Red Heart
Reactions: Jynx_lucky_j

NewTricks

Forum Fanatic
Nov 1, 2017
I tend to agree that the Twins are in need of establishing their own threat. Without Rowan running shit for them they were pretty inept and they know it. They couldn't even perform such simple tasks as reconnaissance or establishing a granary much less a treasury. The day they forget it is the day they go back to sacking podunk villages and squatting in ruined castles. I'm sure that the day or so after a few of the bad endings when their orcs desert them, they run out of food, or a faerie army invades through their portal without them noticing they sure regret throwing Rowan into the wood chipper.

Back

Aug 3, 2017
I tend to agree that the Twins are in need of establishing their own threat. Without Rowan running shit for them they were pretty inept and they know it. They couldn't even perform such simple tasks as reconnaissance or establishing a granary much less a treasury. The day they forget it is the day they go back to sacking podunk villages and squatting in ruined castles. I'm sure that the day or so after a few of the bad endings when their orcs desert them, they run out of food, or a faerie army invades through their portal without them noticing they sure regret throwing Rowan into the wood chipper.
I think people aren't giving them enough credit, and I don't believe that will be the case even if Rowan suddenly disappeared. They may have started a bit inept but they had the wherewithal to bring in someone like Rowan and other capable individuals, and even establishing Bloodmeen as their powerbase beforehand. Their management style is not ideal, but remember, as time goes by and they experience more they're always learning new things and are becoming more capable and shrewd. The Twins are actually quite intelligent and will take interest in learning more about things that they lacked knowledge of before. This is evidenced here and there such as the scene with the clockmaker when even the hulking brute of Andras will inquire and make inquisitive, relative questions for something as delicate as that and building one himself. While it's true that they are gifted and have many inherit powers, they basically started off with nothing and built up everything around them in their own way despite any setbacks or emotional outbursts. People are underestimating them and that's how they'll get you when their opponents' guard is down and they do something unexpected. They are maturing, learning, and growing -- they can't just be painted using just one kind of playbook anymore.

HentaiGamerN00b

Sep 6, 2020
Like a xenomphorph like creature by being Alexia corrupted in the breeding pits and that creature born with the bless of the Outer Gods and the Pantheon of Chaos? :v

• Wow

NewTricks

Forum Fanatic
Nov 1, 2017
I think people aren't giving them enough credit, and I don't believe that will be the case even if Rowan suddenly disappeared. They may have started a bit inept but they had the wherewithal to bring in someone like Rowan and other capable individuals, and even establishing Bloodmeen as their powerbase beforehand. Their management style is not ideal, but remember, as time goes by and they experience more they're always learning new things and are becoming more capable and shrewd. The Twins are actually quite intelligent and will take interest in learning more about things that they lacked knowledge of before. This is evidenced here and there such as the scene with the clockmaker when even the hulking brute of Andras will inquire and make inquisitive, relative questions for something as delicate as that and building one himself. While it's true that they are gifted and have many inherit powers, they basically started off with nothing and built up everything around them in their own way despite any setbacks or emotional outbursts. People are underestimating them and that's how they'll get you when their opponents' guard is down and they do something unexpected. They are maturing, learning, and growing -- they can't just be painted using just one kind of playbook anymore.
They may be growing and maturing, but their main problem remains each other. The most gets done when they can agree on an objective and let somebody else figure out how to do it. Because when it comes to the methodology of any given action they couldn't agree on the color of shit and would argue about who is in Grant's tomb. The fall of the capital may have been a big black eye for Rowan but at least he had a plan of attack. You know... other than just "Attack!" Now the capital is razed and destroyed; nothing more than a target for another army to take with little or no effort since the defenses are in shambles and the bulk of the force has retreated to Bloodmeen to have a big party. It will probably be passed back and forth like Antioch during the crusades when it could have been their own capital. They remain bloated with hubris and that will be their ultimate undoing.

Jynx_lucky_j

May 1, 2021
Don't get me wrong. I totally agree with you and have similar thoughts. I was just having fun. Cheers, Jynx! You're fun, and thanks for indulging. ;]
Right back atcha!
I agree with you that people tend to underestimate the competence at the twins. I think one of the biggest things holding the twins back is that they lack discipline. They don't want to do the hard work, they want to indulge and enjoy themselves. But that doesn't mean they can't do the hard work. They suddenly got real serious and seemed more competent when they thought their lives were in danger when the royal guard army attacked. But once the threat was over they go back to their old ways fairly quickly. Sometimes they things they enjoy doing are useful, bust just as often they are just indulgent.

That said it is alot easier and takes less work to keep the war machine running than to build it up from scratch in the first place. It like I can't build a car from scratch... I'm sure I could learn how, but I really don't care to invest the time and effort. I can however drive said car and perform basic maintenance on it after someone else has built it.
Like a xenomphorph like creature by being Alexia corrupted in the breeding pits and that creature born with the bless of the Outer Gods and the Pantheon of Chaos? :v
I have a little pet theory, that I'm not terribly committed to, that Alexia's chaos magic infused fertility treatments with Nasim might lead to the rebirth of Karnas or even a personification of Kharos.

Dec 24, 2020
I wonder at what point the twins would turn on each other? Like as power grows, it becomes harder and harder to give way to someone else, and their visions seem pretty different. I don't know who would come out on top in that fight.

Reactions: Nelari

Jynx_lucky_j

May 1, 2021
I wonder at what point the twins would turn on each other? Like as power grows, it becomes harder and harder to give way to someone else, and their visions seem pretty different. I don't know who would come out on top in that fight.
If I were a betting man I would put money on exacerbating their disagreements will be key to undermining them in the long term. "You are were definitely in the right (name), your (sibling) always seems to be in your way and undercutting you in front of the help. You know I've been wondering, do we really need an emperor and an empress...it seems kind of reduntent don't you think?"

Back

Aug 3, 2017
I don't know about all that (unless things have changed in the past half dozen updates or so). Sure, The Twins might have their disagreements (just like another other siblings anywhere) and each of them have their own preferred methodology to go about things, but ultimately they got each other's back. Sibling rivalry is one thing, but sibling loyalty is entirely another thing. They grew up together and watched out for each other. Heck, they even ventured into the void and the realm of chaos itself and walked away unshattered and resolutely together as a team. The only way to survive that is if they looked out for one another and made sure they weren't just being manipulated as mere tools by other stronger, more malevolent entities. Their overarching goals are in alignment even if their "visions" of how to get them to achieve fruition is many times at odds. Once they're set on a path (like from the suggestions offered by Rowan for instance) and though they may switch things up a little to make those plans more aligned and attuned to them, they become remarkably focused to the objectives at hand and other end goals when it really comes down to it. They've been through a lot -- all throughout their lives, in fact, and have shared many experiences (both cruel and pleasurable) that not many in the realms can even fathom. Placing a wedge between them, while possibly viable, will be quite an undertaking in the very least.

Is it just me or are a lot of the scenes blacked out?
The team over at Venus Noire will continue to make progress in the game's story and mechanics and scenes during development, and will only add in the art later as they get completed so that things keep moving along smoothly without delays. Thus, you'll encounter some scenes that doesn't have their art on line yet; hence, the blacked out sections where art needs to be added later once they're ready.

Back

Aug 3, 2017
Oh, and this was posted on Patreon earlier.

News From the Six Realms #70 - A Late Valentine

Is it almost the end of February already? This year is just flying by. Scary news from the East today as well, so thoughts and solidarity to the people of Ukraine.

Anyway, as always work is well underway on the release for next month as usual. Rein and Winter have spent a large chunk of this month finalizing the plot for the Goblin narrative arc, which will be done in the next few days. Exagie will be working on that as soon as they get finished, so gobbo fans, get ready to see it begin in the near future.

Speaking of Winter, once again he is hard at work on the Liurial narrative arc, and he's hoping to get that wrapped up soon so he can move on to Helayna for all of you asking when he will do that. :p Hooky is back working on the intro overhaul, finishing up the remaining rewrites for the next release. We'll also have some new Rosaria content from Wildquill, and maybe something from Rein if he gets through with finalizing planning and the remaining mechanics.

Art wise, we now have all the art for the month almost done and the patrons have seen the majority of it, with just one CG left for final rendering. Dragoon has also been hard at work on implementing changes to the realm map, as well as the new incursion mechanic designed by Rein.

That's all for this month. In March we'll be sharing an updated roadmap and talking a bit about the remaining work, but for now, as always the new release is scheduled for the final weekend of the month, which this time is the 27th (and it will be on time despite the release of Elden Ring, proving once again my commitment to this project :p). For those of you waiting for the poll, I will be doing it now.

4.00 star(s) 162 Votes