NewTricks

Forum Fanatic
Nov 1, 2017
I just think that the scene with Alexia and the Goblins was weird because they were drawn so much differently than the cute Goblins that Rowen gets to fuck. They are the same species, right?

Jynx_lucky_j

May 1, 2021
Is there any info on what the stats do? Like Deception, Survival, Brawn etc.
In certain scenes and after certain choices the there will be a skill check. The skill check adds your stat to a randomly generated number (I believe it is between 1-8) and the outcome depends on if you beat a preset difficulty number. The scene will play out differently depending on if you pass or fail.

For example: Jezera catches Rowan doing something shady and you choose to lie to her about what you are doing. The game makes a Deception based skill check. Lets say the difficulty for this check is 7. If you have no points in Deception then the game will roll a random number between 1 and 8, if you get a 7 or 8 you pass the check, not super great odds. But if you put a couple points in Deception those will add to your roll. For example, with 2 points you would now succeed on a 5 or higher, its now a 50/50 shot.

When a skill check happens you will see some text pop up in the top left of the screen. It will say something like "Skill Roll Deception: Success 7 Vs DC: 7" or "Skill Roll Deception: Failure 3 Vs DC: 7." The Success or Failure number is your total (random number + skill) The DC number is what you needed to pass.

If your not sure where to put you points to start, you wont regret focusing on Combat, Survival, Stealth, and Diplomacy. However you will eventually want have some points in everything, because you will run in to every kind of skill check. Also note that you can can buy permanent skill bonuses from Cla-Min's caravan with your personal gold at 250g a pop.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Ninthja and monk_56

Jynx_lucky_j

May 1, 2021
I just think that the scene with Alexia and the Goblins was weird because they were drawn so much differently than the cute Goblins that Rowen gets to fuck. They are the same species, right?
I have 2 possible theories.

1st, we are told that there are basically two groups of goblins "civilized" and "tribal" goblins. Cla-min herself tells us that her Clan are the civilized type. So may the wrinkly, big ears, big nose type are closer to their tribal roots. It could be similar to what happened in experiments with domesticating foxes. When breeding foxes for domestication it also changed their physical traits with each generation causing them develop spots on their fur, curlier tails, and floppier ears than wild foxes. Maybe something similar happens over the course of generations to civilized goblins. Surely the cuter goblins are more successful in their interactions with humans giving them an evolutionary advantage over their uglier counterparts, thus leading to a change over time.

2nd, maybe different goblin tribes just have vastly different appearances. If goblin tribes are isolated from each other then they could theoretically develop on very different paths. Keep in mind these are also all considered to be the same species.
1646155963562.png

Reactions: Nelari

Anonikus

Jul 24, 2020
There has been extensive social analysis and criticism of how only men can be depicted as monstrous. Women must always be hot!

perles75

May 16, 2020
I do wonder, the Andras rework; is it going to be focused on the Andras line of Alexia's story, will it be reworking Andras' interactions with Rowan or both?
I hope we can get both AndrasxAlexia and AndrasxRowan content, it's always fun when Andras tries to humiliate Rowan sexually (with or without including other parties -the scene with the orc was particularly hot for example)

Reactions: fihesog318

Jynx_lucky_j

May 1, 2021
There has been extensive social analysis and criticism of how only men can be depicted as monstrous. Women must always be hot!

While I agree that is typically the case. I don't think it quite applies here. As you can see in these images even the men of the Cla-Clan have more human in appearance.
gob dinner 2.png gob dinner 3.png gob dinner 4.png gob dinner 5.png

Contrast that to the goblins we've seen outside the Cla-Clan...
ranxzel 2.png GoblinsxAl 1.png
Of course we haven't met any of females of the ugly variety so we can't fully draw any conclusion on that regard. However the hot girls/ugly men dynamic does hold true for orcs.
roxorcs 1.png UlcxDel 1.png roxkoh 2.png OrcsxHel 2.png

But then again there are female driders and Ygriss who are still fairly monstrous...so who can say how goblins will turn out in the end.
DriderxRo 1.png RoxAg 1.png

But if you want to go into the social aspects of it, it is probably has to do the fact that in the two ugly goblin scenes the woman is being "degraded" by the goblins. And it is more socially degrading to be fucked by a ugly person than an attractive person. By contrast if the scene was meant to be empowering to the women they would be fucking hot goblins, you know, like the ones Rowan gets to fuck. Contrast Alexia's degrading encounter with the goblins to her potentially romatinc encounters with Sil. A fish person could very easily be drawn to be ugly and traditionally are depicted as such, but Sil is drawn to be conventionally attractive instead.
silxal 1.png

T51bwinterized

Game Developer
Oct 17, 2017
I can end this conversation right here. Goblins breed Goblins when they sleep with most other races. But, they take on some of the traits of that race, whilst remaining goblins.

All of the goblins we've met in the plotline thusfar are "Caravaner" goblins, who live among the other races acting as traders and nomads. As a consequence, there's a wide range of appearance variation among them. Goblins who are more conventionally attractive to humans just tend to have more human blood in the admixture. Also some of the other goblins might have orc blood or some other chaos race.

This will be a minor plot point in the Gobbo Quest.

Last edited:

Jynx_lucky_j

May 1, 2021
I can end this conversation right here. Goblins breed Goblins when they sleep with most other races. But, they take on some of the traits of that race, whilst remaining goblins.

All of the goblins we've met in the plotline thusfar are "Caravaner" goblins, who live among the other races acting as traders and nomads. As a consequence, there's a wide range of appearance variation among them. Goblins who are more conventionally attractive to humans just tend to have more human blood in the admixture. Also some of the other goblins might have orc blood or some other chaos race.

Fun! So what should we speculate about next to make Winter to drop some more lore and teasers? :LOL:

Reactions: monk_56

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017

ee893a8c969abd44eed3a8259c8c039c.jpg
Joking apart, this is nice to know. I really enjoy some world bulding. :cool:

Reactions: Salomon108

Rein

Game Developer
May 8, 2017
I make no social commentary with my choice of female character looks.

... But you know, people have expectations. Maud is the least conventionally attractive character in the Rastedel plot, but she still gets a slight uplift in her sex scene.

Jynx_lucky_j

May 1, 2021

... But you know, people have expectations. Maud is the least conventionally attractive character in the Rastedel plot, but she still gets a slight uplift in her sex scene.
Just to clarify, I'm am not accusing any devs of consciously making any particular social commentary. Rather I am only attempting to discern the aspects of society that lead to certain creative choices. Society effects the creative choices made in any media regardless of whether the choices are made consciously or not. Using the earlier case of sexual dysmorphia among fantasy races, while an individual may dislike it, as a society we are here for it. There is a market out there for sexy female orcs in a way that just isn't there for sexy male orcs. Therefore, this aspect will play a role in how creators choose to depict orcs.

In a way, every creative choice is a sort of social commentary either in support or defiance of various social constructs. However, while some of that commentary may be made consciously, the vast majority of it is unconscious. When an artist chooses to make a orc girl hot, they likely aren't thinking by making her hot I will support the societal belief that all women should be attractive. If they are putting any thought into it at all it is more likely they are just thinking, I'll make her hot because the audience likes sexy girls. I would even argue that the unconscious choices end up saying more about the society than the conscious choices because the unconscious choices are more likely to be so ingrained in the the society that it is taken as a given, where as the conscious choices are more likely to reflect the individuals thoughts.

Reactions: DoisacChopper

NewTricks

Forum Fanatic
Nov 1, 2017
While I agree that is typically the case. I don't think it quite applies here. As you can see in these images even the men of the Cla-Clan have more human in appearance.
View attachment 1681404 View attachment 1681405 View attachment 1681407 View attachment 1681408

Contrast that to the goblins we've seen outside the Cla-Clan...
View attachment 1681411 View attachment 1681409
Of course we haven't met any of females of the ugly variety so we can't fully draw any conclusion on that regard. However the hot girls/ugly men dynamic does hold true for orcs.
View attachment 1681462 View attachment 1681485 View attachment 1681468 View attachment 1681478

But then again there are female driders and Ygriss who are still fairly monstrous...so who can say how goblins will turn out in the end.
View attachment 1681489 View attachment 1681488

But if you want to go into the social aspects of it, it is probably has to do the fact that in the two ugly goblin scenes the woman is being "degraded" by the goblins. And it is more socially degrading to be fucked by a ugly person than an attractive person. By contrast if the scene was meant to be empowering to the women they would be fucking hot goblins, you know, like the ones Rowan gets to fuck. Contrast Alexia's degrading encounter with the goblins to her potentially romatinc encounters with Sil. A fish person could very easily be drawn to be ugly and traditionally are depicted as such, but Sil is drawn to be conventionally attractive instead.
View attachment 1681523
I like the wealth of photo evidence that you provided. I would like to draw attention to the picture of Koh. She is one of the more interesting characters that Rowan can have a liaison with. She is noticeably less green than the other orcs and asks Rowan to treat her as a human woman when they are having sex. She also is an outcast from the orcs and was lynched by humans. I suspect that she is the first Half-Orc that we have met. This isn't explicitly stated but implicitly inferred. I really like the character and think she had a lot of chemistry with Rowan. It would be nice if she returned so we could learn more of what it is like to be a half-orc in this world.

Fleep

Jul 16, 2018

Always thought Patricia was the least conventionally attractive tho.

4.00 star(s) 162 Votes