Jun 12, 2021
I Used the Scene replay mod on the latest Version - and even After i deleted it, i Always get errors..

Is it maybe that old saves dont work for the latest Update?
does anybody know what i can do to delate the mod completely? Because even After i put it out of the soc folder i have the „scene replay“ Option in the game.. really Strange Maybe someone can help..
You should probably consider that your old saves are "corrupted" and start a new game (on a clean install)
and to be safer - go to* C: User - "yourname" - appdata - roaming - renpy - and delete the "seed_of_chaos-......" folder
(or at least the "persistent" file - before reinstalling)

*(show hidden files in windows options)
TC
Edit: or wait for the updated Mod version.

Last edited:

GayLord Jesus

Oct 9, 2021
This version incorporated a number of exceptions and missing images, starting right after Alexia gets captured - Rowan scene with elder old man.

images (38).jpeg

Another thing is, the art has regressed / deteriorated over the years and now you are just replacing the original (better quality & clean) art to match the current (weird quality) art. I play this game to watch Alexia get used and abused, her story content is scarcely updated.

images (93).jpeg

images (43).jpeg

Furthermore, playing this game (no rollback option) seems a drag everytime, since previous saves don't work for updates, mostly.

Jynx_lucky_j

May 1, 2021
Another thing is, the art has regressed / deteriorated over the years and now you are just replacing the original (better quality & clean) art to match the current (weird quality) art. I play this game to watch Alexia get used and abused, her story content is scarcely updated.

View attachment 1741593

View attachment 1741583

Furthermore, playing this game (no rollback option) seems a drag everytime, since previous saves don't work for updates, mostly.
Personally, I generally prefer the new art. And even in the few cases that I prefer the old art I think the benefits of having a unified art style outweighs those preferences.

But tastes differ, and everyone should certainly judge for themselves, so here are the equivalent updated CGs
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

monk_56

Apr 26, 2021
Jynx_lucky_j

I like the pieces that Sommlier finishes better as well- big upgrade from the old art.

Only art that is even better is the stuff he does the line art for as well- think we've only got a bit of that so far in the game though. It seems like a new trend in the last several releases.

The art for the X'zaratl anal training and the Goblin Double BJ were great.

I think he did the line art for the gay 3some in this latest release as well. Not my bag- but the art was high quality.

SpoiledPrince
That Alexia cosplay was a game promotion by the TinyHat studio that manages SoC on steam. I think you can find it in the discord perhaps? The cosplayer said she had wanted to do Jezera but they ran into technical issues or time constraints or whatnot.

Last edited:

NewTricks

Forum Fanatic
Nov 1, 2017
I'm not going to say that the new art style is better or worse. Both artists have something to recommend them. I will say that I feel that the newer art style better fits the dark tone that the game is going for. That is not to say that the older style doesn't also reflect the playful and tragicomic tone that the game also has. So I suppose that it all depends on what the creators wish to emphasize in their CG art. A matter of personal preference.

Reactions: Back

asgardtipar2

May 24, 2018
Personally, I generally prefer the new art. And even in the few cases that I prefer the old art I think the benefits of having a unified art style outweighs those preferences.

But tastes differ, and everyone should certainly judge for themselves, so here are the equivalent updated CGs
wait which one is the new one?
is this in your post the new one? cause if it is, it is better

diebesgrab

Feb 25, 2019
This version incorporated a number of exceptions and missing images, starting right after Alexia gets captured - Rowan scene with elder old man.

View attachment 1741580

View attachment 1741593

View attachment 1741583

Okay, I’ll bite. What’s with the random colored words scattered across your post?

perles75

May 16, 2020
I really don't get the post of the guy.
What does the first image have to do with the whole discussion?
Why being rude about the art which is, as we know, subjective? (I'm also among those who prefer the new art because it fits better the mood and because I like the shades and the pastel/watercolour-y feeling, but I don't discount the previous artist, and definitely I don't talk about "degradation")
and above all, why playing at all a game that is "a drag"? and if the issue is the new updates, just wait for some months or until you have enough material to play a fresh game.

Oh well...

Jynx_lucky_j

May 1, 2021
Some of the new art is absolutely a downgrade. It is so blurry that you can't see expression on their face, or they look like a donkey.

View attachment 1742152
Once again for sake of comparison here are the old and new CGs for that scene for full context. For the record I'm certainly not trying to change anyone's opinion. As was mentioned art is subjective. I'm just providing context for people to better form their opinions with.

Speaking of which, it it worth mentioning that the older versions of the game was random mix of both styles of art work. Each scen assigned to one of the two artists. Now, for each artist has an assigned role one artist does the line art the and the other does the painting.

4.00 star(s) 162 Votes