Aug 21, 2017
focused on female protagonist or male protagonist? i hope it's only focus on female protagonist
The main character is Rowan and the game is mostly focused on him, you get a good amount of content playing the POV of his wife Alexia, but contrary to what many might think she's not a main character. So if you're mainly looking for just an FMC game you won't find that here.

Reactions: disposablelighter

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017
The main character is Rowan and the game is mostly focused on him, you get a good amount of content playing the POV of his wife Alexia, but contrary to what many might think she's not a main character. So if you're mainly looking for just an FMC game you won't find that here.
What are you talking about?
The developers themselves said Alexia is a main character.

diebesgrab

Feb 25, 2019
How is one scene a slow burn? Firstly I don’t even buy the first scene between Alexia and Andras, you’re going to tell me that Alexia is going to fuck Andras after just finding out he’s been lying to her over the course of several months? I can only suspend my disbelief so much. Regarding your holding CTRL point I’d say my point still stands, let’s say it takes 30 mins too get to that scene even then that’s pretty quick with the player being privy to only 3 convos over the course of months of in-game time. My point is that Alexia falls for Andras very quickly with very little downtime or build up. So one scene of her being regretful and guilty is enough to be regarded as a slow burn and all the other scenes work fine? I just don’t see Andras’s NTR route as a slow burn, just comparing it to Jez’s makes that clear to me. (Also I don’t think Andras NTR is bad there’s some things I don’t like about it, but I just don’t see it as a slow thing, more akin to other NTR you’d see)
I’m kinda forced to agree here. The older version of the prologue scene actually felt more in line with a slow burn—you can at least buy into the idea that Alexia has been lonely for months and her sexy red captor has been her only friend and he’s the only source of information about Rowan that this unworldly peasant woman has had, so when she falls for his tricks, even if it doesn’t display much agency, it makes sense. It would have been nice to see some more of that to fully establish a slow burn feeling, sure, but it’s a believable trope. The new scene, by contrast, only hints at a slow burn by effectively asking the player: is Alexia experiencing sexual tension with red boy during her months of solitude Y/N; and then, if yes: does she want to fuck red boy because she’s mad he lied to her Y/N. It’s so far from demonstrating the slow build up of tension it sets out to that not only does it prefer to tell the player rather than show him, it actually opts to have the player tell it rather than tell the player. I’m all for giving Alexia more agency, and especially for giving the player more control over the main characters’ motivations, but that scene still feels so off that it breaks any sense of immersion.

And the mid-corruption Andras route event pretty suddenly flips the entire dynamic of the Andras/Alexia relationship. There are certainly hints that Alexia enjoys being dominated by Andras in some of their scenes before that event, but mostly the relationship is defined by Alexia trying to look out for Rowan and Andras being a brute about it and forcing her to do crap, then suddenly she gets a scare and she’s 100% into Andras. And the biggest tells for her being into Andras’s dominance that I can recall offhand are scenes that someone going through the Andras NTR route might miss—the bath scene and the drider teasing scene aren’t mandatory parts of the route. Don’t get me wrong, the scenes after her “fall” are hot, but the change feels pretty abrupt, and Alexia after entering the mid-corruption Andras route feels very divorced from the Alexia before it. I feel like there needed to be more of a transition phase. Actually I’m kinda surprised that Alexia even gets to the stage we see her in that route in Act I at all, these scenes feel very mid-story to me.

Aug 21, 2017
I’m kinda forced to agree here. The older version of the prologue scene actually felt more in line with a slow burn—you can at least buy into the idea that Alexia has been lonely for months and her sexy red captor has been her only friend and he’s the only source of information about Rowan that this unworldly peasant woman has had, so when she falls for his tricks, even if it doesn’t display much agency, it makes sense. It would have been nice to see some more of that to fully establish a slow burn feeling, sure, but it’s a believable trope. The new scene, by contrast, only hints at a slow burn by effectively asking the player: is Alexia experiencing sexual tension with red boy during her months of solitude Y/N; and then, if yes: does she want to fuck red boy because she’s mad he lied to her Y/N. It’s so far from demonstrating the slow build up of tension it sets out to that not only does it prefer to tell the player rather than show him, it actually opts to have the player tell it rather than tell the player. I’m all for giving Alexia more agency, and especially for giving the player more control over the main characters’ motivations, but that scene still feels so off that it breaks any sense of immersion.

And the mid-corruption Andras route event pretty suddenly flips the entire dynamic of the Andras/Alexia relationship. There are certainly hints that Alexia enjoys being dominated by Andras in some of their scenes before that event, but mostly the relationship is defined by Alexia trying to look out for Rowan and Andras being a brute about it and forcing her to do crap, then suddenly she gets a scare and she’s 100% into Andras. And the biggest tells for her being into Andras’s dominance that I can recall offhand are scenes that someone going through the Andras NTR route might miss—the bath scene and the drider teasing scene aren’t mandatory parts of the route. Don’t get me wrong, the scenes after her “fall” are hot, but the change feels pretty abrupt, and Alexia after entering the mid-corruption Andras route feels very divorced from the Alexia before it. I feel like there needed to be more of a transition phase. Actually I’m kinda surprised that Alexia even gets to the stage we see her in that route in Act I at all, these scenes feel very mid-story to me.
Well you worded it a lot better than I ever could have lmao, but yea this was my pointy exactly. Especially what you say at the end, I'm not sure how Alexia and Andras's relationship will even progress when we get to the other two games. At this point she's already become fully under him as a sex slave, where do you even go from there? Just more sex scenes? It all just progressed super quickly over the course of those 4-5 scenes you get all in a row. Though I will say Alexia having a choice is a very big positive, you should definitely have that choice to have sex or not. Just maybe the choices to do so could be done more organically.

Last edited:

xsssssssss

Jun 17, 2017
Personally can't stand Andras & enjoy thwarting his goals including Alexia. Hoping that by end Rowan will be able to kill him but support Jezera(who managed to corrupt the wife for her own ends in my playthrough)

mehGusta

Aug 28, 2017

This!

i liked the old intro so, so much more! and everyone knows that it's "show don't tell" for story writing.
if this change was just to have alexia to have more agency then this could have been easily rectified by giving her the choices that were given to rowan. like when rowand sneaks into her chambers, it could have a choice set for her beforehand if she is considering to chase away her worries by endulging andras, or remaining steadfast with her hopes for rowan's arrival. then when it is revealed to her she was lied on by andras, that she could suggest to rowan to appease the twins by accepting andras's proposal. and then when she meets andras after rowan left, either backing down on the plan and cursing rowan for not stopping her in the first place, or accept andras but play the unknowing and andras shows his true nature of a brute which alexia endures, or confront andras and demand him to back off if she still has sex with him.

because the way it is now, all the andras scenes don't fit together at all. in the intro she hate fucks him, which indicates that she would be willing to have sex with him, even if she is not admitting to actually like it. in the side scenes andras tip toes around going all the way with her, because he can't force her to like it and rather backs off than to apply more force. and in the full ntr events, she practically wants him to dominate her but likes to play the unwilling.
so which is it now? andras does force it on her, andras doesn't like forcing it on her, or andras wants to dom a sub?

4.00 star(s) 162 Votes