iainmore

Jun 12, 2017
I would kind of like to see Jez on her knees if front Rowan after he has found a a way to deal with Andras of course. After Alexia is thoroughly corrupted first of course.

Reactions: Wasara005

oluap

Sep 21, 2017
i like the art so far and i dont played it a loot!. BUT can anyone tell me pls HOW to shut down the voice? im hearing the music and its ok so far. an then comes the GROANS OF THE HELL... i dont like voice acting in games. and i shut them down all the time but this time i dont find the option for that

T51bwinterized

Game Developer
Oct 17, 2017
We've spent the past month making the game plan for future content even more well developed. I assure you. There are people within the dev team who are insistent that the game feature a sizable segment where Rowan has overtaken the twins, and it is not merely the intention but the orthodoxy of the team that it will happen at some point. But, it won't come quick or easy.

Regarding art per update, I will simply point out, at the bosses' request after I mentioned it was a topic of discussion, that the backers of the game have consistently asked for us to put the full suite of written scenes in the game irrespective of art.

I will also point out that at present the scope of the development team continues to expand in terms of size and speed of content production. The reason we don't think it will take six years to make the game at this point is because development is accelerating at a good clip.

ShocLite12

Oct 24, 2017
So what is new with the latest version? I want to make sure it is worth the download or if I need to wait a little longer for more sustenance.

fbb

Oct 29, 2017
We've spent the past month making the game plan for future content even more well developed. I assure you. There are people within the dev team who are insistent that the game feature a sizable segment where Rowan has overtaken the twins, and it is not merely the intention but the orthodoxy of the team that it will happen at some point. But, it won't come quick or easy.

Regarding art per update, I will simply point out, at the bosses' request after I mentioned it was a topic of discussion, that the backers of the game have consistently asked for us to put the full suite of written scenes in the game irrespective of art.

I will also point out that at present the scope of the development team continues to expand in terms of size and speed of content production. The reason we don't think it will take six years to make the game at this point is because development is accelerating at a good clip.
If you dont mind answering what is you guys view on the RPG aspect of the game?
You currently have 5 mainstats and 19 skills + 14 feat. Don't you think that is a bit excessive? It feels somewhat weird to have so many different skills throughout the game and I'm not sure to what extent those are actually beneficial for the player experience. Do swim, jump and climb really need to be standalone skills? Bluff, deceive, diplomacy? Imo the game would benefit more if you slim down on that aspect especially if you consider how other games in this genre have handled those systems. Even a game like Kamidori which you can play for 100h+ is relative simplistic on its approach.
Don't get me wrong I really enjoy engaging RPG systems but lets face it the probability of this game becoming an 80h+ RPG like BG, NWN or POE is rather slim.
Anyways just some thoughts.

Aug 26, 2016
If you dont mind answering what is you guys view on the RPG aspect of the game?
You currently have 5 mainstats and 19 skills + 14 feat. Don't you think that is a bit excessive? It feels somewhat weird to have so many different skills throughout the game and I'm not sure to what extent those are actually beneficial for the player experience. Do swim, jump and climb really need to be standalone skills? Bluff, deceive, diplomacy? Imo the game would benefit more if you slim down on that aspect especially if you consider how other games in this genre have handled those systems. Even a game like Kamidori which you can play for 100h+ is relative simplistic on its approach.
Don't get me wrong I really enjoy engaging RPG systems but lets face it the probability of this game becoming an 80h+ RPG like BG, NWN or POE is rather slim.
Anyways just some thoughts.
I disagree with this. Partly because dumbing down mechanics is a cancer upon the game industry in general, and also because this game isn't even remotely finished yet, especially the various rpg aspects.

Reactions: Emilee Teresta

TheMagister

Aug 5, 2016
I disagree with this. Partly because dumbing down mechanics is a cancer upon the game industry in general, and also because this game isn't even remotely finished yet, especially the various rpg aspects.
I can understand but I have to agree with fbb. Swim, Jump and Climb can all be put into an Athletics skill. If I put a ton of points in swimming (because obviously that'd be worth it, the map is 9/10ths water right?) I should also be able to climb stuff. Bluff, deceive and diplomacy are all more or less the same, at least bluff and deceive.

Rhys_89

Jun 20, 2017
Two "Bugs" from the recent version:

1)

After Helayna tries to talk to Jezera about
the ring, when Rowan is called to the Throne
Room by Jezera to talk about this, Alexia
is shown standing next to him, even though
she clearly isn't there at all.

2)

When the game offers you a choice to
either test Helayna's martial prowess
or her submissiveness, I kind of expected
to only be able to do one thing.

Therefor, I went for submissiveness and
was surprised as I could take the other
option directly afterwards.

However, after that scene had played out,
I found myself back at the start of the
submissiveness scene, which started again
immediately, all over.

Then, I was stuck in a loop between
both choices (scenes) that wouldn't
stop.

I kept going through the scenes
as fast as I could and after some time,
the loop was gone.

Ikariusrb

Mar 21, 2018
I'm a bit confused with this game. I've pretty much explored all the territory that's available, I've done most of the base research (aside from military tactics and substantially higher level stuff (100+)), conquered the one keep in the territory, but while the goblin caravan leader told me she'd be a couple more weeks before she could join, she's never shown up at the castle since. I built a tavern, and there's no tavern to be found in the castle. I chose separate rooms for me and my wife, and the only sleeping quarters I can find are my own room. I researched something that said it would open the ability to build a brothel, but the option to build a brothel seems disabled.

Is there a bunch of content missing, or is something wrong in my game, or have I just missed stuff?

TheMagister

Aug 5, 2016
Do you have the most recent version of the game? If you build a tavern, you should have a tavern. You should even be able to have your wife work in the tavern.

Alexia's sleeping quarters aren't accessible, because Jezera is b. I think.

You have to research two things (Opulence and Dark Subterfuge) before you're able to build a brothel. If the option is grayed out, you don't have enough money to build it.

Aug 26, 2016
I can understand but I have to agree with fbb. Swim, Jump and Climb can all be put into an Athletics skill. If I put a ton of points in swimming (because obviously that'd be worth it, the map is 9/10ths water right?) I should also be able to climb stuff. Bluff, deceive and diplomacy are all more or less the same, at least bluff and deceive.
Actually, I would argue that knowing how to safely and efficiently navigate bodies of water and how to safely and efficiently climb up a mountain are two very different things. That said, even in your own post you admit that there is a limit to how much the charisma based skills can be streamlined, bluff and deceive could be rolled together, but persuasion, intimidation and deception are all somewhat different from each other and really aren't the same thing and it would be quite a stretch to have them all as the same skill.

A certain amount of streamlining/dumbing down is apparently inevitable now, but I sincerely hope it doesn't go too far.

Aug 26, 2016
New, rather small update.

Hello everyone,

Just a quick one today - Keidi finished the sprite for Whitescar, one of the NPC's for the Red Sun Dragon faction we'll be introducing next month, and I wanted to share it with you guys. Should have the other two to share soon.
In other news, some of you may already have seen it, but I was recently interviewed for on the adult games market. They ended up using very little of what I said on the subject, so if you would like to see the full transcript, which I feel better conveys my feelings, you can find it .

Finally, in the news I'm sure you all care the most about, the new backer update is almost ready. I just have a few more small programming tasks to do, then a few hours testing. It will be out tomorrow on time, as planned. :)

I personally hope any furry stuff remains a small part of the game, just saying.

T51bwinterized

Game Developer
Oct 17, 2017
If certain fetishes have support, it will show in the polls and support numbers. Wether it will be impactful or not depends on if furry fans want to fund it as an expansion of the game's content. As of the present, there is no plans for it to be anything besides a niche addition. And as always, no content in the game will be forced.

Ghost Rida

Mar 27, 2018
There is broad agreement among the team that the RPG system needs a rework. Rein has a pretty compelling idea for how to do it. We are mainly waiting for Orciad to be done and a few other things put to the side before we make a play to mess with the mechanics.
My two cents: you guys have stats, skills, and feats, which is basically the AD&D 3.5 system. For a game like this, I think using 1st or 2nd Edition AD&D system would be better. All skills can be tied to a stat so I would recommend to just use the stat number. Feats modifying skills modifying stat bonuses is overkill I think.

I would give starting stats of straight 14s, which is +2 to all skills, and then let the players modify the skill points to create the build that they want. 3 18s and 3 10s or however they want to do it. It's enough points to make sure that you can be reasonably good at what you want at the price of sucking at other skills. Anything below a 9 gives penalties for all stats associated with that ability. (For anyone who's actually played the Bioware games, I'm aware that they make you spend an increasing number of points to increase a stat to 18 but that's overkill here. This game is an adult VN, not Baldur's Gate 3.)

4.00 star(s) 162 Votes