perles75

May 16, 2020
Can somebody please tell them to focus on what matters, mainly progressing the story and main questline?
Ugh, again. Many of the problems of the games were caused because at the beginning the devs had a rather haphazard approach and rushed to the end of the act leaving a half empty game, plenty of incomplete storylines and a mess all around. Now they're working to repair that damage using a clear development plan and a complete act I before moving to the next. Which I think they're doing pretty steadily.

By the way, I also think that there won't be an act per each of the six realms. I somehow remember that there'll be three acts (but I might be wrong) also because Rowan has special attachment to Rosaria so it deserves special attention, whereas repeating the whole scheme of exploring/conquest for each realm would 1) be very repetitive and 2) bloat the cast of characters to unmanageable proportions.

And yeah, I don't believe the "they have no incentive" argument either.

LAKueiJin

Apr 15, 2020
Ugh, again. Many of the problems of the games were caused because at the beginning the devs had a rather haphazard approach and rushed to the end of the act leaving a half empty game, plenty of incomplete storylines and a mess all around. Now they're working to repair that damage using a clear development plan and a complete act I before moving to the next. Which I think they're doing pretty steadily.

By the way, I also think that there won't be an act per each of the six realms. I somehow remember that there'll be three acts (but I might be wrong) also because Rowan has special attachment to Rosaria so it deserves special attention, whereas repeating the whole scheme of exploring/conquest for each realm would 1) be very repetitive and 2) bloat the cast of characters to unmanageable proportions.

And yeah, I don't believe the "they have no incentive" argument either.
The thing is I could play quests up to the fall of Rastedel 2 years ago. Now? I can still play quests up to roughly the same point, so it feels like there's no progress whatsoever, especially if you're not that interested in the characters they make CGs for! Even assuming a legth of 3 acts, are you that confident the devs will be spending the following 14 years to finish the game???

Just like you outlined that it was a problem for the game to be rushed and pretty empty in the early stage of development, it's similarly a problem to do the complete opposite now and drop updates that only focus on side quests and CGs for a couple characters with no progress on the main plot! (and some great characters, like Cliohna, not having gotten any updates in YEARS as well... :rolleyes:) And I wouldn't complain about the Cliohna situation if I had more plot to play, but I don't...

So no, you gotta learm to take criticism - I don't know what plan the devs have, but it's a BAD plan as long as it just keeps the game stalling for this long! I even called the devs dillingent for delivering constant updates, so my criticism wasn't made in bad faith, but I'm sure plenty of people here feel the same and are tired of mostly irrelevant (to them) updates!

You say they have a plan, fine - what's the current plan then? When will the Goblin questline be finished, when will act 1 (Rosaria) be finished and what do they plan to do before that?

Rein

Game Developer
May 8, 2017
If we are to assume there are 5 more provinces and/or countries on the mainland that are as big as Rastedel's realm, (we already know about the empire of sand, the drow lands where the drow queen Jezera killed was from and a couple other places from side missions, plus that the continent itself is called "The six realms"...) that means, at the current pace, if the devs were all 20 at the time they started working on this project 7 years ago, and assuming all the other realms do get finished in 7 years, (as the current one wasn't, at least not on the goblin path) that would mean this game will be finished by 2058/2059, when those fornerly 20 year-old devs would've reached a ripe young age of 62 or 63! :unsure: :LOL:
Which is why we won't explore the other 5 realms the same way we did Rosaria.
Right, but I mean like are there any scenes locked behind FAILING skill checks?
No.
When will the Goblin questline be finished,
Next year. I'd say... 5 releases more?

fanboi

Engaged Member
Apr 19, 2018
I should hope not. When events began in Rosaria Rowan/twins were building up an army and tributes and such almost from scratch. Now that they have conquered one of the realms, they have a significant territory, lots of money and tributes, plus a huge army and allies. Obviously, they aren't going to approach the next target(s) the same way. And of course, those other realms aren't going to be caught at unawares since obviously they will have learned about what happened in Rosaria.

j01ntr0l1a

Mar 23, 2022
can you still get game over if you take too long? i remember quitting this game cuz i got game over and took too long and stopped playing over a year ago im just wondering

Gicoo

Feb 18, 2018
can you still get game over if you take too long? i remember quitting this game cuz i got game over and took too long and stopped playing over a year ago im just wondering
Yes. There are a few checks, but they are easy to overcome if you use a guideline/ask for help. Most of the game is sandboxish and you can explore at leisure.

ShangTsung

Aug 6, 2017
At this point i think the game would have been far better if it was a VN, with some "semi-sandbox" moments like in being a dik, the game is progressing too slowly, and the sandbox part is just basically map moving with a lot of RNG, it's not an interesting part of the game at all.

I think that any dev should know the limit of what can be done with what he have, the project is a little bit too ambitious, and this will not lead to a good ending unfortunatly.

notypapi

Dec 4, 2022
You can save scum every check roll, so you already have 6 in every stat theoretically. Most checks don't go beyond 7 (there are some rare 9s and one effing 13) and you can also increase stats by buying stat-booster.

Stats barely matter. Losing check rolls may lead to miss out small amounts of gold, soldiers, twins affection, scenes etc., but doesn't lead to a game over. The Orc camp is the only place in which they matter.

The game is still in the first chapter and your own progress just barely matters for now, there are only a handfull of tasks you need to do to avoid game overs.

Old Game Over guide is here. A bit outdated, but most stuff works. Ask again if you have are stuck with a specific task.
Good to Know.

I am at
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Anyway, nice game.
Is the steam version the same as the game released in here. If not which one is more updated?

Gicoo

Feb 18, 2018
How to sell items in Rance 01?
Good to Know.

I am at
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Anyway, nice game.
Is the steam version the same as the game released in here. If not which one is more updated?
First you have to meet either Ulcros or Bartri who tell her that she is hidden somewhere. Then you can can chose the option to look for her, which requires 7 rolled perception and afterwards 7 rolled stealth to visit her.

Reactions: notypapi

BiHaN

Jul 17, 2020
Can Alexia have a relationship with Sil with Rowan knowing about it?

Also, how does Alexia's Jezera corruption path compares to that of Andras'?
I don't see any way back for Alexia from Andras with how deep she can get addicted to him.
Is it that far in Jezera's path too?

Jynx_lucky_j

May 1, 2021
Can Alexia have a relationship with Sil with Rowan knowing about it?
No, not explicitly.

Although I don't think it would be a big stretch to make it head canon with they have been open in other areas of their relationship.

Also, how does Alexia's Jezera corruption path compares to that of Andras'?
I don't see any way back for Alexia from Andras with how deep she can get addicted to him.
Is it that far in Jezera's path too?
In Jezera's path, if I remember right, she is ostensibly teaching Alexia how to be a better lover with Rowan. Although from an outside perspective it is pretty obvious that Jezera is actually twisting Alexia around her finger. So I would argue that they have the same result, but Jezera is more subtle about it so it isn't immediately apparent just how far gone Alexia is.

• Red Heart
Reactions: BiHaN and EonKain

Raven_Light

Aug 4, 2023
I would actually like to do more Threesomes and group scenes (which includes double penetration) - but I would like to keep them as post-plotlines events. Like, I wanted to do a Cock worship scene with Greyhide that included Alexia, X'zaratl and (possibly) Rowan, but it's not something I have the luxury of writing while Blackholt and Jezera storylines remain incomplete.

[/QUOTE]

I hope things that you are working on work out for you so you can write this hopefully, I'd love too see that happen :sneaky:(y) cuz something tells me it be like who takes charge between the Rowan/Alexia/Greyhide event.

:LOL: I can just image, X'zaratl being like, "You were right Alexia Greyhide is bigger than Rowan." then Greyhide putting too her and then making her put it too Rowan as Alexia gives the rest of Greyhide's cock a boobjob. All jokes aside though, that be dope to see you write something hot out between the three or four of them sometime in the near future.

Reactions: Rain01

Raven_Light

Aug 4, 2023
I think polls can serve two purposes, they can give devs inspiration/focus, and they can point out when a dev has been wasting time. Often when poll results focus very hard on one thing that the dev obviously intended to be a main point of the game, and this happens repeatedly over a long period of time, it can suggest to the dev that maybe they've ended up in the weeds. I'm glad you don't feel the castle is crowded, but I do. I would much rather pare down some of these totally unnecessary plots/characters for scenes that will be hotter because we know and care about the characters involved. I can look up cg art of fantasy people having sex anytime I want, but what's fun about games like this are investing in the characters and having the sex mean something for the game/story. I don't mind a cast of characters, maybe exploring different fetishes with different characters as is common in these games, but it's really easy to just make a new character and start new plots, it's harder to continue them. Watching devs continually start new ideas and let old ideas (or the main plot) fall to the wayside is troubling and isn't a good sign for a game. A poll may highlight that.
I think I'm actually mostly in agreement with you, I hate games-by-committee. I don't think this game is intentionally milking people or that the devs don't have vision. I wouldn't want the devs to totally abandon their ideas and blindly follow a poll. But again the people aren't asking for an absurd amount with a minor character, they are asking for more content with the characters who were teased in the intro, basically we want what we were told the game would be about, what the devs told us it would be about. And while there is a decent amount of content between them, more than any other single couple in the game, when you look at the recollection room they don't account for that much of it. There is a ton with characters that don't have any real weight to them. These updates take a while to come out, so Id maybe suggest some big 4 content each update? As well as some other stuff? Keep adding new stuff but not if it comes at the expense of the important stuff. Show us it's going somewhere.
Agreed, it's like that blue water guy Alexia fucks in Draith's dungeon, hot scenes, very well done, but he kinda has more than greyhide and xzaratl. But I have hopes the devs will fix that, after they add more Jeerza content cuz she's lacking a bit with Alexia and Rowan compared too her brother with Alexia and Rowan. Why I'ma wait a bit on the new content after like several updates of added scenes. So there's a bunch of scenes to explore and look for when I replay. :D :sneaky: (y)

Nov 5, 2023
The F95 version and the Steam version are the same. Since the Steam version is usually released later, the F95 version is the most recent.

Be advised that SoC's Steam version currently only supports Windows.

For this reason, if you're a Mac user and don't know how to make a macOS distribution using the relevant Renpy SDK, I would advise against buying SoC on Steam right now.

GroupSession

Sep 28, 2021

No.

Next year. I'd say... 5 releases more?
I have a question for the creators. Don't you ever get the feeling that your game could've been much more successful had it not been an H-game? Besides all the possible ways to market and spread normal games?

I'm genuinely curious.

4.00 star(s) 162 Votes