Votes: 43 14.1%
  • Major Case: Gym Reopening Murder

Votes: 51 16.7%
  • Case: The 12 Labours of Selena

Votes: 51 16.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Jun 2, 2017
Yeah, I’ve been thinking about how you do it and make it easier on yourself. There’s a bunch of custom JavaScript I’d need to write and then inputting and keeping track of the branching options. I think you would break it down by mission, but really choices mattered a lot, a long way down the line… one design decision I never really agreed with from the original is that if you took a couple of wrong options a whole bunch of content would be invisible to you later. I literally had to start a new game because I missed a quite obscure choice.
I too have looked at the Javascript from the original and tried to reverse engineer it. It's tough because the choices were so complex and did matter down the line. IMO, you would almost need to write out most of the mission/story start to finish first and then flesh out details as you build mission to mission. Big project but I think that's what makes the concept so appealing.

RedR00m

Aug 8, 2023
Where is the update? Game isn't finished

Both games were awesome. Original and remake.

At what point don't people finish their work? So tedious 90% of these games aren't finished. Instead the same code goes into worse games. Pretty sure Anna exciting Affection had the same urban layout, as so many other Rpgm's on Ren'ply. Disappionting games in comparison to this one.

Finish it!!!!

123Ins123

Feb 20, 2021

At what point don't people finish their work? So tedious 90% of these games aren't finished. Instead the same code goes into worse games. Pretty sure Anna exciting Affection had the same urban layout, as so many other Rpgm's on Ren'ply. Disappionting games in comparison to this one.

Finish it!!!!
Well, there is an inscription - abandoned.

Joe Steel

Engaged Member
Jan 10, 2018

Finish it!!!!
Poster signs up as a member and the first post he makes is just shouting at clouds.

Self-entitlement is such an ugly look.

FookU2

Engaged Member
Jan 23, 2018
That's a bullshit.. Pls don't confuse your personal judgment with the actual facts, if in the western world might be the case, infinite project are abandoned after few months or weeks of development or again a lot are just a money grabber where have no intention at all of ending their games, on contrary in the eastern world everyday are released tons of games in rpgm from indie or also major companies, in fact we might say easily that there is a totally different colture of work from us..
I'm not saying Ren'Py is a bad engine (at all) but this have limited feature of approaching gameplay and a good free roaming in rpgm (or wolf) can't be just suppressed..
Wolf is garbage. That may be just my own opinion, but it is a strong opinion. As soon as I see a wolf game show up, I click the "ignore" button. RPGM can be cool, if done right, and with specific types of gaming styles, but to say Ren'Py is limited, compared to RPGM, is a bit off. Each engine has their strengths and weaknesses. But, neither one is better or worse, as a whole. I just will never play a VN through RPGM. (I have seen RPGM games that were kinetic novels and I just laughed and ignored them).

• Angry
Reactions: Joeburqa

luchettodj94

Dec 25, 2019
Wolf is garbage. That may be just my own opinion, but it is a strong opinion. As soon as I see a wolf game show up, I click the "ignore" button. RPGM can be cool, if done right, and with specific types of gaming styles, but to say Ren'Py is limited, compared to RPGM, is a bit off. Each engine has their strengths and weaknesses. But, neither one is better or worse, as a whole. I just will never play a VN through RPGM. (I have seen RPGM games that were kinetic novels and I just laughed and ignored them).
You can't make an action game with ren'py as far I know while in rpgm with the plugins support you can literally do anything, including a full 3d game or a vn game with scrollback and save anywhere. About wolf idk why you have this hate, some really love it and say it like rpgm but better, i don't know about that but surely it doesn't have all the support rpgm is receiving.

3.50 star(s) 4 Votes