AKA101

May 11, 2017
really now? ... well, then it doesn't matter indeed ... but I would like to have chance to win :)
Yeah she just says they will meet at dinner and clear it. So i think that dinner is where you will be making decision unless you were forced. Which until now not the case

Mariano95

Jan 17, 2019

Hey!
It's being a while since I was able to post. First the important news:
1 - Because of job related problems, I had to stop working on the game, so yeah, 0.8 will be delayed.
2 - Since the bug reports don't stop, I decided to release first 0.77. It will be a bug fixing update and I will add some content with a duration similar to 0.76. When? Before the 15th.
3 - Since I'm revisiting old content to correct bugs and other mistakes, I'm also thinking about upgrading some scenes. The first releases of the game were made with my very old computer so the CG was very limited and so it was the ilumination of the scenes, so I was thinking about improving it. I made a few tests, and without changing it too much, this is what I have in mind:

Not really a big change, but it seems better... or so I thought. But after all this time using the same lights it almost looks weird to me, so I will let you make the decision: Should I keep using the old ilumination, or should I change it to the new one?
4 - From today, I will stop saying when I THINK the game will be done. Obviously it doesn't work and 90% of time I'm wrong. I only did it because of the spam asking about it. I appreciate that you don't ask it too much on post, but my PM are a mess with dozens of questions about when will be out and complains because I'm late. The only thing I achieve is to dissapoint you and to increase my stress needlessly. But you have to understand that I'm not a healthy person and my job and health comes first, so things can turn ugly very fast. Hope that you understand my situation and I'm sorry if you don't, but this is how it's going to be from now on.
5 - I would like to make some secondary content, something to give you between each update similar to "Naked at School", but I don't want it to become so time consuming as it. So if you have any suggestion feel free to send me a pm to see if it is feasible.
And that's all the important stuff I had to say related to the project.
Now if you re curious about why the game is being delayed, it's a long read...
I had to fire the nephew of my boss and another coworker. There are four warehouses in the company and I'm the manager of the number 2 and my boss the manager of the number 1. A week after becoming a manager, my boss sent me a worker from his warehouse and... it was pretty much useless. Not because he lack in skill or because he was lazy, but because he didn't give a f*** about the job, almost as if he wanted to be fired. I tried to give him easy tasks, assigning experienced partners, teaching him myself... but nope, no progress. In the end I gave him an ultimatum and he stormed out of the office. Hours later my boss called telling me that he complained saying that I was bullying him and working him to death because I knew he was his nephew. Wtf? Back there I didn't even know that. My boss is also a family man, so he was pretty angry at first but once he calm down, he listened to my version of the story. Told me to keep things like that and see how things work. A week later seeing that he was safe, things went even worse to the point that I recived an anonimous complain from his coworkers. I hate conflict, I'm really bad at it because I feel bad for the other person, but this had to stop. So I looked for him to tell him about this and I find him working without following the COVID protocol! So I had to call and stop the van half way with his last shippment and packing it myself. I didn't even call my boss, I fired him in the act and of course he went running to his uncle again and he asked to go to his office. I was so angry that I didn't even care if I lose my new position but to my surprise, my boss was revising the security footage and his nephew was already on his way home. That was so satisfying... Violating the protocol is a very serious thing right now, so he asked me to let him deal with it. It was the first time that he worked alone, so he never did it before (I didn't saw the recordings, so I have to trust my boss on this...).
That was pretty stressful and I thought that my problems were solved buuuut... nope. I already was very short handed and now it was worse, so I found myself doing his work until my boss told me that I had to do some interviews. I had to check almost 140 resumes of applicants and inteview more than 50... It was horrible! And all that while working 2 jobs, but I wanted to be sure that I made the right decision. Then, I had to train the new guy, and after that, I was finally done with- NOPE! More complains about another coworker! The police called saying that one of ours drivers was found positive on cocaine while driving one of our vans. And he was one of my warehouse drivers, of course. So my boss asked me to fire him and get a new guy. The worse part is that this time I was asking for a driver so the 140 resumes that I just read were useless. And since we were so short handed and I was one of the drivers in the past, I had to train the new guy again and of course drive the van until he was ready.
But finally, this time for sure I could go back to- NOT YET! There was an expo that my boss wanted to check. They had a lot of new technologies related to our field of work, from hybrid trucks to drone delivery, and since my boss doesn't knows anything about it, he asked me to go with another manager. It was in the other end of the country. I'm afraid of flying. It was a nightmare. In the end, we had to check the event for two days, come back and make a report to see if we had to invest on something new and give him our opinion. I really liked the new forklifts model they had there, they were more safe and 100% electrical, but we just bought some new equipment, so my boss asked me what should we do and told me to make the decision. I said that they were a good idea for the main warehouse, so he asked me to negotiate with their company, check the products and teach the guys how to use them once they are here. And let me tell you, they are not cheap, so it was a hard decision.
Now I'm waiting for the new equipment to arrive and then I have to teach the guys how to operate them and make sure that everything is ok. This job... I swear that I'm starting to regret it. The pay is not that better and I changed the physical labor for pure stress and too many responsabilities. And in november we have to renegotiate the contracts with the workers, and upgrade all the insurances... Just thinking about it gives me anxiety. I'm proud that my boss thinks so high of me, but damn it's draining me. At least the summer is over!
Sorry for another rant and thanks for your support. I'll answer your PM as soon as I can. Have a good day!
- Serio
pd: To my american patrons: Sorry for also making you vote here!
Hey!
It's being a while since I was able to post. First the important news:
1 - Because of job related problems, I had to stop working on the game, so yeah, 0.8 will be delayed.
2 - Since the bug reports don't stop, I decided to release first 0.77. It will be a bug fixing update and I will add some content with a duration similar to 0.76. When? Before the 15th.
3 - Since I'm revisiting old content to correct bugs and other mistakes, I'm also thinking about upgrading some scenes. The first releases of the game were made with my very old computer so the CG was very limited and so it was the ilumination of the scenes, so I was thinking about improving it. I made a few tests, and without changing it too much, this is what I have in mind:

Not really a big change, but it seems better... or so I thought. But after all this time using the same lights it almost looks weird to me, so I will let you make the decision: Should I keep using the old ilumination, or should I change it to the new one?
4 - From today, I will stop saying when I THINK the game will be done. Obviously it doesn't work and 90% of time I'm wrong. I only did it because of the spam asking about it. I appreciate that you don't ask it too much on post, but my PM are a mess with dozens of questions about when will be out and complains because I'm late. The only thing I achieve is to dissapoint you and to increase my stress needlessly. But you have to understand that I'm not a healthy person and my job and health comes first, so things can turn ugly very fast. Hope that you understand my situation and I'm sorry if you don't, but this is how it's going to be from now on.
5 - I would like to make some secondary content, something to give you between each update similar to "Naked at School", but I don't want it to become so time consuming as it. So if you have any suggestion feel free to send me a pm to see if it is feasible.
And that's all the important stuff I had to say related to the project.
Now if you re curious about why the game is being delayed, it's a long read...
I had to fire the nephew of my boss and another coworker. There are four warehouses in the company and I'm the manager of the number 2 and my boss the manager of the number 1. A week after becoming a manager, my boss sent me a worker from his warehouse and... it was pretty much useless. Not because he lack in skill or because he was lazy, but because he didn't give a f*** about the job, almost as if he wanted to be fired. I tried to give him easy tasks, assigning experienced partners, teaching him myself... but nope, no progress. In the end I gave him an ultimatum and he stormed out of the office. Hours later my boss called telling me that he complained saying that I was bullying him and working him to death because I knew he was his nephew. Wtf? Back there I didn't even know that. My boss is also a family man, so he was pretty angry at first but once he calm down, he listened to my version of the story. Told me to keep things like that and see how things work. A week later seeing that he was safe, things went even worse to the point that I recived an anonimous complain from his coworkers. I hate conflict, I'm really bad at it because I feel bad for the other person, but this had to stop. So I looked for him to tell him about this and I find him working without following the COVID protocol! So I had to call and stop the van half way with his last shippment and packing it myself. I didn't even call my boss, I fired him in the act and of course he went running to his uncle again and he asked to go to his office. I was so angry that I didn't even care if I lose my new position but to my surprise, my boss was revising the security footage and his nephew was already on his way home. That was so satisfying... Violating the protocol is a very serious thing right now, so he asked me to let him deal with it. It was the first time that he worked alone, so he never did it before (I didn't saw the recordings, so I have to trust my boss on this...).
That was pretty stressful and I thought that my problems were solved buuuut... nope. I already was very short handed and now it was worse, so I found myself doing his work until my boss told me that I had to do some interviews. I had to check almost 140 resumes of applicants and inteview more than 50... It was horrible! And all that while working 2 jobs, but I wanted to be sure that I made the right decision. Then, I had to train the new guy, and after that, I was finally done with- NOPE! More complains about another coworker! The police called saying that one of ours drivers was found positive on cocaine while driving one of our vans. And he was one of my warehouse drivers, of course. So my boss asked me to fire him and get a new guy. The worse part is that this time I was asking for a driver so the 140 resumes that I just read were useless. And since we were so short handed and I was one of the drivers in the past, I had to train the new guy again and of course drive the van until he was ready.
But finally, this time for sure I could go back to- NOT YET! There was an expo that my boss wanted to check. They had a lot of new technologies related to our field of work, from hybrid trucks to drone delivery, and since my boss doesn't knows anything about it, he asked me to go with another manager. It was in the other end of the country. I'm afraid of flying. It was a nightmare. In the end, we had to check the event for two days, come back and make a report to see if we had to invest on something new and give him our opinion. I really liked the new forklifts model they had there, they were more safe and 100% electrical, but we just bought some new equipment, so my boss asked me what should we do and told me to make the decision. I said that they were a good idea for the main warehouse, so he asked me to negotiate with their company, check the products and teach the guys how to use them once they are here. And let me tell you, they are not cheap, so it was a hard decision.
Now I'm waiting for the new equipment to arrive and then I have to teach the guys how to operate them and make sure that everything is ok. This job... I swear that I'm starting to regret it. The pay is not that better and I changed the physical labor for pure stress and too many responsabilities. And in november we have to renegotiate the contracts with the workers, and upgrade all the insurances... Just thinking about it gives me anxiety. I'm proud that my boss thinks so high of me, but damn it's draining me. At least the summer is over!
Sorry for another rant and thanks for your support. I'll answer your PM as soon as I can. Have a good day!
- Serio

HPZAT

Mar 9, 2018
If he wants freedom for creating and no complaints, I think he should take patreon payment by release, and that's it. Paying for a month, and having just a bug fix update is a Joke.
No, he wants to write these endless excuses for monthly pay without complains of him milking patreons.

Reactions: Suputamadre

Mariano95

Jan 17, 2019
I agree. Now that we are "close" to a new release I think I'll have some more patience, but once he'll drop version 0.8 I will stop support him monthly. I'll pay when he'll release some new content.

Reactions: Suputamadre

Suputamadre

Apr 28, 2019
I agree. Now that we are "close" to a new release I think I'll have some more patience, but once he'll drop version 0.8 I will stop support him monthly. I'll pay when he'll release some new content.
I think it is, actually, the best solution for everyone. I supported him for like 5 or 6 months with no update at all, and then I stopped because I was sick about it. I will gladly support him again each time he released a new update, but working monthly with this way, like I said it is frustrating for everyone, Patreons and creator.

Mariano95

Jan 17, 2019
His he really putting the v0.77 instead of v0.80?
Yes, but considering the fact he's planning to release an another short update with 15 days of delay instead of giving us the entire update, I don't really know when we'll be able to see the 0.8 version.

4.40 star(s) 26 Votes