barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
View attachment 2871444
Anyone know what this post was about?
A Part of Me Who Died on Sunday is no longer getting a set schedule for updates because the SO updates are taking up more of his time. He's not abandoning the project, and he'll still work on it on the side when he has free time or needs a break from SO, but his scheduling is now focusing entirely on SO.

Sep 26, 2021
Hey everyone. For the last few weeks I've been working on a mod for Sensei Overnight and I think I'm finally ready to release it to the public for testing. The mod is called 'The Easy Restart Mod for Sensei Overnight'. As the name implies, the mod allows you to easily restart from any of the main events in Sensei Overnight. The mod will mark all main and character events that occur between the start of the game and the event you select as completed, and also prompt you to make any choices that you would have encountered along the way. That way, if you want to jump back to your current spot in the game, but with different choices, you can do that easily.

Some notes:
- If you choose an event that is way past the point you have actually read, the mod will probably spoil something for you
- The mod includes jumps to the events from Sensei Overnight 0.19.0, which is not public yet. If you select events that are not actually in your personal copy of the game, Ren'py will probably crash
- I believe the mod accounts for every variable in the game, whether it's significant or not, so if you save after using the mod your save file should be basically indistinguishable from a non-mod save file

You can snag the mod over on Itch:

If anyone is interested in testing/using the mod, and sending me any issues or continuity errors that you encounter, I would be eternally grateful.

Vyces

Feb 3, 2021
I've noticed with the mod, Kio's events seem to break the game for me.
I enable pretty much everything, blackmail Hana, be close to Dayai, blaze with Kio, Tami's stuff, etc.
But the game acts like the study event to take Kios virginity never happened and starts it off fresh. After that, it'll either constantly loop the same day of the week and not advance or have the tutor days be individuals on a certain day like in the past, so I can't choose the one I would need to advance the story.

It only seems to be the study room event that breaks it from what I can see.

Sep 26, 2021
I've noticed with the mod, Kio's events seem to break the game for me.
I enable pretty much everything, blackmail Hana, be close to Dayai, blaze with Kio, Tami's stuff, etc.
But the game acts like the study event to take Kios virginity never happened and starts it off fresh. After that, it'll either constantly loop the same day of the week and not advance or have the tutor days be individuals on a certain day like in the past, so I can't choose the one I would need to advance the story.

It only seems to be the study room event that breaks it from what I can see.
This actually turned out to be two separate bugs that were very similar to each other. They should be fixed now and I've updated the download on Itch and here on F95. Thanks for the report, and let me know if you notice anything else!

Also, I released an update yesterday that added some choice prompts that I had missed the first time. If you downloaded the mod before 8/30 then you should get some additional prompts when you run the mod again.

Reactions: Bingoogus

Vyces

Feb 3, 2021
This actually turned out to be two separate bugs that were very similar to each other. They should be fixed now and I've updated the download on Itch and here on F95. Thanks for the report, and let me know if you notice anything else!

Also, I released an update yesterday that added some choice prompts that I had missed the first time. If you downloaded the mod before 8/30 then you should get some additional prompts when you run the mod again.
Oh that's great to hear! I'll definitely download it and check it out again.
Mind if I ask what the two bugs were? Just out of curiosity.

Sep 26, 2021
Mind if I ask what the two bugs were? Just out of curiosity.
The study room has a variable to track whether you've been to the study room or not before. If it's False, then the game shows you the intro message and then set the variable to True so that you don't see the intro message again. I just never told the mod to set that variable to True, even if you choose a start event that is after Kio's first study room event.

The tutoring sessions have a similar variable except it's a number and not a boolean. If you choose to tutor while it's at 0, the game will show you the tutoring intro message. If it's at 1, you'll get the daily rotation of girls. If it's at 2 you'll get the menu to choose a specific girl. The variable changes to 1 after you choose to tutor for the first time, and then changes to 2 during the main event Garden Gloves. I never told the mod to set the variable at all though.

I actually knew about both variables but I intentionally did not include them in the mod for a few reasons. I didn't think they were important for progressing the game. Even if they were important I assumed that the player could just choose to tutor or visit the study room enough times and the variables would change to whatever they need to be. That causes continuity errors, and you actually can't get the tutoring variable to 2 except by read Garden Gloves. The other reason is that there are a few spots where the mod assumes the player has done certain things to get a few extra scenes. They aren't choices, but they are things you may or may not have done if you played the game normally, and the mod assumes you did do them. I wanted to keep assumptions like that to a minimum, so I didn't want to assume that the player had ever been to the study room or chosen to tutor. Which, for these two variables in particular, was pretty dumb on my part. I just didn't think through the problem enough.

Reactions: Bingoogus

rajesh1111

May 11, 2023
Hey everyone. For the last few weeks I've been working on a mod for Sensei Overnight and I think I'm finally ready to release it to the public for testing. The mod is called 'The Easy Restart Mod for Sensei Overnight'. As the name implies, the mod allows you to easily restart from any of the main events in Sensei Overnight. The mod will mark all main and character events that occur between the start of the game and the event you select as completed, and also prompt you to make any choices that you would have encountered along the way. That way, if you want to jump back to your current spot in the game, but with different choices, you can do that easily.

Some notes:
- If you choose an event that is way past the point you have actually read, the mod will probably spoil something for you
- The mod includes jumps to the events from Sensei Overnight 0.19.0, which is not public yet. If you select events that are not actually in your personal copy of the game, Ren'py will probably crash
- I believe the mod accounts for every variable in the game, whether it's significant or not, so if you save after using the mod your save file should be basically indistinguishable from a non-mod save file

You can snag the mod over on Itch:

If anyone is interested in testing/using the mod, and sending me any issues or continuity errors that you encounter, I would be eternally grateful.
Hey I use a mac and I dont have a specific sensei overnight folder, all the games are in my downloads folder. what do i do in that case? thanks!

Sep 26, 2021
Hey I use a mac and I dont have a specific sensei overnight folder, all the games are in my downloads folder. what do i do in that case? thanks!
Right click on the Sensei Overnight app, and select "Show Package Contents" from the menu. Then navigate to Contents/Resources/autorun. Drag and drop the 'game' folder from the mod download into that 'autorun' folder. It'll probably ask if you want to replace or merge files. Select merge. Then just start a new game.

I'll add this to the installation notes. Lemme know if you run into any issues.

rajesh1111

May 11, 2023
Right click on the Sensei Overnight app, and select "Show Package Contents" from the menu. Then navigate to Contents/Resources/autorun. Drag and drop the 'game' folder from the mod download into that 'autorun' folder. It'll probably ask if you want to replace or merge files. Select merge. Then just start a new game.

I'll add this to the installation notes. Lemme know if you run into any issues.
It worked like a charm, thank you so much!

Lolichu

May 4, 2017
Any ETA on 0.19? Patreon release has been out for few weeks now
Normally would have been, but the creator is MIA from discord for a couple weeks. I hope it's nothing serious, both for the creator's sake and the game's. Will go back to inhaling copium for now.

Xiondingens

Oct 25, 2018
Please God tell me this isn't dead
I wouldnt worry too much this early. I mean he did dissapear right after the patreon release and he might have just forgot to set a date for public release on itch. So for now, personas could stop been MIA any day, i mean from all we know he could just take a break from the internet and been working on 0.20 and he might very well just pop up in a few weeks with the patreon release of 0.20. So dont let us expect anything bad for now, for no real reason.

Reactions: angevarg674

Josh Spicer

Sep 19, 2018
Ready to oof?

@everyone Hey everyone it's me. I've had a wonderful time in the Sensei Overnight universe with you for about 2 years on my part. It's come to my attention that the creator of Sensei Overnight, Personas, or rather Ishmael Duncan has committed some very serious errors. The game has stopped development and I'd recommend that any <@&967999746826461214> remove this game from their list of subscribers. As more information comes out, I'll update people on the findings. But for right now, consider this the end of Sensei Overnight.

3.90 star(s) 58 Votes