VN Ren'Py Abandoned Seraphim Academy [Ch. 1-3] [Trinity Games]

4.70 star(s) 6 Votes

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
Cool. But i guess you both are not patrons.
Would have been one that I would still be like @UncleVT . It's not an average already seen thousand times game. It's one that worth the wait.
Would I have money to spend, I wouldn't care if @DarthSeduction need times, because I know that my money would be used for the game and my future entertainment.

JohnPonn

Nov 15, 2017
orry for the silence guys, I wasn't really aware, when I started this release, how big an undertaking one of the events was going to be. Because of the number of choices, combined with previous paths and effects, each round of the current event I'm working on has 4+ different versions. It's definitely going to be entertaining, and our largest release yet, I just need a little patience while we finish everything.
@DarthSeduction
You need to be aware when making choices in the game. They can have a very daunting effect on development. Say 1 choice alters the rest of the game it means from this point you have to make 2 games. 1 for each path after the choice. Add more choices and you quickly run out of time and space to complete the game. You can find many games like that under the "abandoned" tag. :sick:

Stick to 1 main story. Never alter it. Choices can be for side stories and options that can be seen or not. Like opt to have sex with character X means you can have other scenes with her later. This must never interfear with MC's path. MC can have multiple roads to the left and right as long as MC always move forward in 1 direction. Just a tip based on experience ;)

I love this game and the real feel over the massive amounts of crappy coruption games. The Film talk in the early shower scene was a pure joy for a movie lover like me (y) The only critic i would add is som renders have a typical problem with feet and shoes. It's a Daz 3D problem. See it all the time. Leather boots with a hard soul wont bend because the character sits down. And a scene of Julia in the park on school lunch looks like she broke her ankle after a truck ran over her, hehe
Btw 90% of adult lesbian woman have said they had sex with a man at some point in there youth so starting scene of the game is very accurat to real life. Keep up the good work :)

DarthSeduction

Lord of Passion
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 28, 2017
@DarthSeduction
You need to be aware when making choices in the game. They can have a very daunting effect on development. Say 1 choice alters the rest of the game it means from this point you have to make 2 games. 1 for each path after the choice. Add more choices and you quickly run out of time and space to complete the game. You can find many games like that under the "abandoned" tag. :sick:

Stick to 1 main story. Never alter it. Choices can be for side stories and options that can be seen or not. Like opt to have sex with character X means you can have other scenes with her later. This must never interfear with MC's path. MC can have multiple roads to the left and right as long as MC always move forward in 1 direction. Just a tip based on experience ;)
I'm being intentionally vague with what this event is because I don't want to spoil the fun. This event is one that, by it's very nature, has a lot of ultimately mundane choices. The choices in this event mostly have no effect on the whole story. Those few that will only change flavor. Let me explain.

You are given a binary choice with Erin in the last release. Based on that choice, there are technically two different scenes that resolve the conflict at the heart of that choice. Both of them are ultimately the same, for the purposes of the overall plot, you go forward as friends, with Eve in a supportive role to draw Erin away from an extremist group. However, there is different flavor. If you kissed her, Erin has begun to think about you differently. There is another bit of flavor most people likely missed, when you met her in the library to study for their math class, that also changes how she approaches you.

As a result of this minor flavor, even though the scenes in the event still don't vary much, even though the ultimate story isn't truly affected, this minor flavor in this event with as many choices as it has, as many moving parts as it has, creates a huge undertaking. But, to an extent, that's the point.

Something people like about this game is that it isn't the same game remade over and over again. However, I'm doing all the same things those people do, with two major changes, first my characters all have their own thoughts, feelings, and motivations. They don't feel like blank slates, because I take the time to give them personality. Second, we are pushing for a more visual story, rather than giving you the answer of how a character feels about something, we try to convey it through art, thus inviting you, as the player, to draw your own conclusions, which makes things feel more genuine.

The event in this next release is a common one for other such games, and even in those games, can easily have over 1000 lines of dialogue and code. My game is no exception to that, with this being well over 1000 lines as well. The other 3 have been around 7-900 lines. With the additional work of the emotive art, and the interactions that feel more genuine, and also, not to cast too much shade, because I do like this event in other games, but with the more original things I do with this event, it is big, really big, and taking more work.

So, while I appreciate the advice, I don't think it really applies here, and I want people to get that. This isn't a case of the story going off the rails and following a different track. This is a case of the story, on the same rails it's always been on, just with lots of crisscrossing elements that make for a more interesting and overall fun event. I promise, when you guys get to see the final product, you'll understand, and you'll definitely see that it is much bigger than any previous release.

DarthSeduction

Lord of Passion
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 28, 2017
Hey I want to try this game out but lesbian tag makes me thing that the only possible romance options are girls and I like when the players have a choice to play female mc as straight or gay. However, I might try this game anyway, for the images look great and the preview of the story sounds good and promising. Is there a path for conventional relationship?
If you didn't get to play the game yet, the game starts with a sex scene involving our girl Eve with a male. As the story goes on people who prefer to be lesbians can play it that way, but there is another male interest in the game that you'll eventually get to have some fun with. Personally I can't wait for that bit, because I quite like the character. However, the majority of this game is definitely lesbian. The school is an all girls school, and thus there are very few options outside of them.

That said, I encourage you to play regardless. I know I'm tooting my own horn here, but this game is going to surprise a lot of people as it gets going. I don't want to create a vanilla experience that everyone is used to. I'm looking to get people so invested in characters, that even if something doesn't serve to your particular kinks, you'll be so elated, that it will make your enjoyment of the sex greater anyway.

Heresiarch

Jun 27, 2017
@DarthSeduction just dropping by to say that I'm so thankful that I finally stumbled upon a "lesbian-centric" game that isn't coated with so much sugar that even the most healthy of us would risk diabetes*, nor does it embrace the extreme brutality that so many other games do. And beyond that, it doesn't seem like a game that will treat homosexuality as something frivolous, something non-permanent, a side activity. And for that, I'm truly thankful and I'll patiently await further updates!

*Think Japanese yuri visual novels, in general.

OK, this looks SUPER promising! I love the fact that for once we have a female protagonist who's not this innocent, naive saint that we need to corrupt in order to get some action going. I'll be keeping a close eye on this project, definitely!
I fully agree!

Answers won't change anything, but it's nice to have a discussion going
I really want to get to know Elizabeth! Right now, all they've done is wave awkwardly at each other. Part from the initial flirtation, of course.

Addendum to my last post: I wrote it was a lot of reading, which wasn't constructive, so I apologize. I think I'm at the point of being antsy for the 'weird twist' and that prompted the comment. (yeah, I'm a girl who talks through movies, I pretend it's endearing).... I like the dialogue, how it's written, and that there's some depth but I would also like to add that being mindful of brevity can actually help in moving the story. This is a 'more will be revealed' story anyway, so the long discourse can lean a little pedantic.
. Sorry, I couldn't resist. I'll be quiet now <3

DarthSeduction

Lord of Passion
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 28, 2017
@DarthSeduction just dropping by to say that I'm so thankful that I finally stumbled upon a "lesbian-centric" game that isn't coated with so much sugar that even the most healthy of us would risk diabetes*, nor does it embrace the extreme brutality that so many other games do. And beyond that, it doesn't seem like a game that will treat homosexuality as something frivolous, something non-permanent, a side activity. And for that, I'm truly thankful and I'll patiently await further updates!

*Think Japanese yuri visual novels, in general.
Well, it helps when the author is on the spectrum themselves. That said, I do want to stress spectrum, just in case. None of these characters will be the japanese high school girl doing this during a phase and ultimately only being into men. However, not every one of these girls is 100% a lesbian. Eve, Alison, Sarah, and Julia, specifically come to mind as far as characters who land somewhere in the middle, though you can make the choices to play Eve completely lesbian, if you wish.

As to Elizabeth, she's a major part of this release, so hopefully you get your fill.

Heresiarch

Jun 27, 2017
Well, it helps when the author is on the spectrum themselves. That said, I do want to stress spectrum, just in case. None of these characters will be the japanese high school girl doing this during a phase and ultimately only being into men. However, not every one of these girls is 100% a lesbian. Eve, Alison, Sarah, and Julia, specifically come to mind as far as characters who land somewhere in the middle, though you can make the choices to play Eve completely lesbian, if you wish.
All fine and dandy!

Maybe I should've mentioned both bisexuality and homosexuality. Either way, I'm not saying that I demand - I'm playing this for free, I've no demands - everyone to be homosexual, far from it, but the fact that the option is truly there is amazing in its own right. It's so rare to find a "truly lesbian experience" within the current erotic games market. As I mentioned, it tends to be frivolous, optional, something you do on the side for "added spice". Nothing to be taken seriously, it's just for fun.

I just realized it might sound like I've a problem with bisexuality and/or heterosexuality, but that's absolutely not what I meant! I don't mind it being a part of the game. As the prologue demonstrates, the protagonist isn't afraid to explore her sexuality and I don't mind that.

As to Elizabeth, she's a major part of this release, so hopefully you get your fill.
Yay! ^^

D

Deleted member 819466

. Sorry, I couldn't resist. I'll be quiet now <3
Haha, I don't do it in movie theaters! Really, only with accepting company. :D but I appreciate any and all Firefly references!

Reactions: Heresiarch

VixnSkye

Feb 16, 2019
I really-REALLY love this game. Thank you so much for it. I find VNs to my liking so rarely, but this one gave my faith back. I haven't enjoyed a VN so much probably since Ladykiller in a Bind.
A school story that actually leads somewhere, a protagonist who isn't a small, shy, introverted girl, drama that feels real, but doesn't drag the story into depression, a mystery behind the events, compelling characters, not overused sex scenes... I just wish I could play the whole game through in one sitting :D By the way, is there any info about how long its developement is gonna take? Another year? Two? I'm not trying to rush it, just curios, as I'm dying to learn how it will go till the end :)

DarthSeduction

Lord of Passion
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 28, 2017
I really-REALLY love this game. Thank you so much for it. I find VNs to my liking so rarely, but this one gave my faith back. I haven't enjoyed a VN so much probably since Ladykiller in a Bind.
A school story that actually leads somewhere, a protagonist who isn't a small, shy, introverted girl, drama that feels real, but doesn't drag the story into depression, a mystery behind the events, compelling characters, not overused sex scenes... I just wish I could play the whole game through in one sitting :D By the way, is there any info about how long its developement is gonna take? Another year? Two? I'm not trying to rush it, just curios, as I'm dying to learn how it will go till the end :)
Depends, our art demands are high and thus time consuming. If we are ever able to increase the speed of that, we'll definitely get it out faster. I would also have to write faster to keep up, but I'd definitely try to do so. I do want to explore some sort of relationship with each of the members of the cast that I had in my original outline (sorry to fans of a couple characters that weren't, we'll see if I get ideas for them) So it's going to be a longer project. Not that I'm dragging it out either, I already have plenty of other ideas I'd like to work on after I finish this, so I do want to get through this. That isn't to say that I am not fully invested in this either, to be clear, I am just excited to get all of my stories out, this one is no exception.

Ragnar

Super User
Respected User
Aug 5, 2016
Playing for the first time, an interesting game, although the theme of boarding schools, universities, ect, is pretty common in wegs, the characters and fetishes are worthwhile.

Reactions: DarthSeduction

DarthSeduction

Lord of Passion
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 28, 2017
Sooo can we expect an update soon? Cause november for the last one. It's been a very long time!
Ok, I'll stop being coy, we're working on a truth or dare sequence that involves 5 characters, including eve. It's taking a while because truth or dare, at a minimum, has 2 versions of every scene. Since there are also certain scenes with multiple branches going into it, that just explodes. We are very near completing the Truth or Dare section, and then there are two or three, depending on how I break it up, scenes to complete after that.

Parisatnight

Oct 10, 2017
Ok, I'll stop being coy, we're working on a truth or dare sequence that involves 5 characters, including eve. It's taking a while because truth or dare, at a minimum, has 2 versions of every scene. Since there are also certain scenes with multiple branches going into it, that just explodes. We are very near completing the Truth or Dare section, and then there are two or three, depending on how I break it up, scenes to complete after that.
Ok! Thanks for your answer!

I'm Not Thea Lundgren!

AKA: TotesNotThea
Donor
Jun 21, 2017
Really looking forward to it, whether it comes in a week or a month!

SemiAdroit1

Jan 14, 2019
wait wait. If a woman f..ks a lot of men or women is whore...then how you call all these male "heroes" in games that f.....ing the whole world? Come on!
we are talking about erotic visual novels, what are you excepting?
It’s a different standard. Doesn’t make it right, but.... there it is.

ThunderRob

Devoted Member
May 10, 2018
make the opening BJ avoidable and this could be the perfect lesbian game..its nicely done (so far)

Reactions: Jimyc
4.70 star(s) 6 Votes