VN Ren'Py Abandoned Seraphim Academy [Ch. 1-3] [Trinity Games]

4.70 star(s) 6 Votes

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Just noticed this pop up, I completely forgot about it.

I remember when the last update came out then nothing for a few months and assumed it was abandoned so removed it from my watched list.

With that amount of time passed it doesn't look promising.

Reactions: Namco15

Carpe Stultus

Engaged Member
Sep 30, 2018
Just noticed this pop up, I completely forgot about it.

I remember when the last update came out then nothing for a few months and assumed it was abandoned so removed it from my watched list.

With that amount of time passed it doesn't look promising.
We both are used to the waiting game, just remember Amy. ;)

I think (ok i hope) we'll see an update soon.

JuiceBox12

Dec 17, 2018
Between the fact that not a single update has been released in 2019, and the underwhelming support on patreon, I think it's safe to say that the future of this game ain't looking too bright.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
The main problem is, to grow on Patreon you need to release updates.

Once this didn't get any the support kinda dried up as did interest.

I was heavily into this game as it's what i'm into but with the devs giving zero fucks it's hard for players to give any.

Conviction07

Game Developer
May 6, 2017
Eh, to be honest, the death knell basically rang the moment chapter 1 was released, and it garnered very little attention. Unfortunately, because of that, it took months before their patreon number even hit the double digits. And while I know us devs like to go on and on about how we're just doing this for the love of it, at the end of the day, money talks. So if your game's first release doesn't explode out of the gate, and get potential patrons excited, long term-success becomes exponentially more difficult. And in turn, lack of support will inevitably lead to loss of motivation, and eventually, abandonment. Having just walked away from a project myself, I know this from experience.

Vasy

Mar 21, 2017
*long sigh*

Yeah, I fear this one is all but officially dead. A damn shame too, it had a lot of potential.

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
Well, looking at their first "goal" on patreon makes it kinda obvious that they wanted to make big money with this game and failed. I doubt there will ever be another update which is a shame though...

Conviction07

Game Developer
May 6, 2017
Well, looking at their first "goal" on patreon makes it kinda obvious that they wanted to make big money with this game and failed. I doubt there will ever be another update which is a shame though...
Yep, I noticed that. It says a lot about how high their expectations were, that they described their first goal, which is a ridiculously high $3000, as being their “low end goal”. I can’t say for sure, but I have a feeling all the praise FunFiction got from his big brother fan art, is partly responsible for the overconfidence.

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
Yep, I noticed that. It says a lot about how high their expectations were, that they described their first goal, which is a ridiculously high $3000, as being their “low end goal”. I can’t say for sure, but I have a feeling all the praise FunFiction got from his big brother fan art, is partly responsible for the overconfidence.
I've never seen his fan art, but the render in seraphim do look nice, so maybe you're right. Tha'ts why I'm always telling people to set realistic goals and don't go overboard with their expectations :/

Ragnar

Super User
Respected User
Aug 5, 2016
Eh, to be honest, the death knell basically rang the moment chapter 1 was released, and it garnered very little attention. Unfortunately, because of that, it took months before their patreon number even hit the double digits. And while I know us devs like to go on and on about how we're just doing this for the love of it, at the end of the day, money talks. So if your game's first release doesn't explode out of the gate, and get potential patrons excited, long term-success becomes exponentially more difficult. And in turn, lack of support will inevitably lead to loss of motivation, and eventually, abandonment. Having just walked away from a project myself, I know this from experience.
Expecting big money with a demo is stupid, there are too many 0.0.0.1 versions out there already.
Try updating your game with content at least a few months in a row if you want to be the next Mr.Dots

Last edited:

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
It's one thing i've said time and again, if you are making a game just to make money stop and find a different hobby.

There are so many games out now that new devs need to get established before people will back them and with so many abandoned games many of us won't support a project until the dev has proven it will get regular updates and that takes a lot more than 3.

If it's your first project and you expect it to cover the cost of living you are naive and delusional. It's very rare a first project takes off and even then only after the dev has proven themselves.

Getting a bit tired of hearing of devs cancelling games because of lack of funding. It takes time to build up and there is a chance your first game won't take off. Like I said, with all the abandoned games people are getting more wary.

Even some of the more successful devs like Philly have jobs with his dev work on the side.

It's at the point now where I avoid games until they have at least 5 updates because i'm sick of getting into a game only for it to go nowhere.

The Bright Sun school of development doesn't work. Releasing a game and abandoning it to try something else doesn't bring in the players, we avoid those devs more because we know they can't be trusted. Abandoning a game to try something else is probably less likely to be a success.

Goblin Baily: DILF

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 29, 2017
It's one thing i've said time and again, if you are making a game just to make money stop and find a different hobby.

There are so many games out now that new devs need to get established before people will back them and with so many abandoned games many of us won't support a project until the dev has proven it will get regular updates and that takes a lot more than 3.

If it's your first project and you expect it to cover the cost of living you are naive and delusional. It's very rare a first project takes off and even then only after the dev has proven themselves.

Getting a bit tired of hearing of devs cancelling games because of lack of funding. It takes time to build up and there is a chance your first game won't take off. Like I said, with all the abandoned games people are getting more wary.

Even some of the more successful devs like Philly have jobs with his dev work on the side.

It's at the point now where I avoid games until they have at least 5 updates because i'm sick of getting into a game only for it to go nowhere.

The Bright Sun school of development doesn't work. Releasing a game and abandoning it to try something else doesn't bring in the players, we avoid those devs more because we know they can't be trusted. Abandoning a game to try something else is probably less likely to be a success.
can I marry this rant? I know a few devs that changed their vision in hope of money but abbandoned the game when it backfired

Onibaku

Feb 7, 2018
It's kinda stupid working on 2 games at once when you hardly have time to update one.
Dont spread misinformation please. The only one who has two projects is the writer and i am sure that it is not the writers fault that the update takes so long

4.70 star(s) 6 Votes