VN Ren'Py Abandoned Seraphim Academy [Ch. 1-3] [Trinity Games]

4.70 star(s) 6 Votes
May 7, 2018
Still strange that there isnt any new posts (just some info) even on their patreon site since months :(
But i also hope there will be some update during this summer :whistle:

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Has anyone at least gotten in touch with the developers?
Why would anyone get in touch with the devs?

It's their job to keep in touch with their patrons which they haven't thus the abandoned tag.

This is only a pirate site for downloading games, it's not the job of anyone here to go chasing devs to find out what's going on.

Conviction07

Game Developer
May 6, 2017
The strange thing is, that while the writer, who was a heavily outspoken and active user on this forum, hasn’t posted anything in the last month and has basically gone awol, the artist hasn’t. He’s still regularly posting stuff in both the art thread, as well as his other game’s. So what’s the justification then for the total radio silence? If for whatever reason things didn’t work out, the least they could do is make some kind of statement saying why. Which is exactly what I did when a game I was working on with another guy fell apart. But to sweep everything under the rug and pretend like this game never existed, while still actively posting elsewhere? That’s just an ass move.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
I think they are just hoping we forget this one.

Awesome start and then they just walk away, it's odd.

Reactions: Namco15

I'm Not Thea Lundgren!

AKA: TotesNotThea
Donor
Jun 21, 2017
I'm wondering if they keep an eye on this thread and chuckle to themselves.

If there is a genuine problem, maybe if they posted about it, someone could help.

Conviction07

Game Developer
May 6, 2017
I think they are just hoping we forget this one.

Awesome start and then they just walk away, it's odd.
Depends what you define to be an “awesome start”. If you base it on the quality of the product, then maybe. But if you’re basing it on how it’s panned out financially, then no doubt in the devs eyes at least, it was a failure. Trust me. If their patreon was making any kind of substantial money at all, theyd be scrambling to come up with excuses. But since it ain’t, they’ve just decided to wash their hands of the whole thing.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Depends what you define to be an “awesome start”. If you base it on the quality of the product, then maybe. But if you’re basing it on how it’s panned out financially, then no doubt in the devs eyes at least, it was a failure. Trust me. If their patreon was making any kind of substantial money at all, theyd be scrambling to come up with excuses. But since it ain’t, they’ve just decided to wash their hands of the whole thing.
I was basing it on the game. There aren't many good lesbian VN's which sucks for me being one of the resident dykes.

This was one I was looking forward to.

215303j

The strange thing is, that while the writer, who was a heavily outspoken and active user on this forum, hasn’t posted anything in the last month and has basically gone awol
I think I remember reading somewhere that DarthSeduction is dealing with some important personal matters.
Which is probably more important than something what's basically a hobby project (given the financial support on Patreon).
But yeah, somebody could have written something here.

Reactions: kotte and Namco15

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
I think I remember reading somewhere that DarthSeduction is dealing with some important personal matters.
I find stuff like that incredibly hard to swallow now given that every single abandoned game, pause in development and delayed update is a dev dealing with important personal issues or health problems or depression.

Lets also remember there are hundreds of devs ... that all seem to contract some form of illness or personal issue at the same time of the same kind.

Awfully coincidental.

215303j

I find stuff like that incredibly hard to swallow now given that every single abandoned game, pause in development and delayed update is a dev dealing with important personal issues or health problems or depression.

Lets also remember there are hundreds of devs ... that all seem to contract some form of illness or personal issue at the same time of the same kind.

Awfully coincidental.
Maybe.

On the other hand, we have to realise that game development:
1) Takes a fair amount of time
2) Often does not generate an income which sufficient to live on, meaning the dev probably also needs a day job

1+2 means that it is likely that devs will be overworked, which is a fair reason for both health and personal problems.

Personally I would rather that devs see it as a kind of paid hobby, but then there is the problem of Patreon and vocal and critical fans demanding monthly updates of good quantity and quality. This creates additional stress that some may be better at dealing with then others, but which can be an additional reason for health problems.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: kotte

myuhinny

Devoted Member
Sep 7, 2017
giphy.gif

I usually don't care if another female protagonist type game bites the dust as most of them are the same generic take FC around to get raped and molested by every Tom Dick and ugly fat bastard there is in the game.

Losing ones like these are even worse as there are next to nil for this FC type game. This one you had a choice and had many cute and hot girls like the shaved tiny small breasted one. The only thing I did edit was to replace all but one of the dildo pictures and remove all script so she was still a virgin in game.

john_jones21

Jun 24, 2017
It's really sad to see this one be abandoned.

I usually don't care if another female protagonist type game bites the dust as most of them are the same generic take FC around to get raped and molested by every Tom Dick and ugly fat bastard there is in the game.
Unfortunately female protagonist games don't seem to do as well either financially or in general popularity. It's possible we're forever doomed to replay "I'm just a regular dude living with my mother, my younger sister and my older sister. Also I have a huge dick and every single woman around me wants it in a series of animated positions" games.

Almost every female character is either "What even is a penis?" or "Oh look a bunch of homeless old men, time for a gangbang".

4.70 star(s) 6 Votes