4.20 star(s) 40 Votes

Lyve

Aug 6, 2021
Ok, there is no incest in the game ,.... but if the "sexy dialogues" will be too long ( hope not ) with characters that MC won't fuck, I find it annoying

Last edited:

Sotak

Nov 9, 2017
Ok, there is no incest in the game ,.... but if the dialogues will be too long ( hope not ) with characters that MC won't fuck, I find it annoying
If you're just looking for fap material there are lots of games for that. N2thefire is creating a quite rich story that also includes lewd scenes. Sometimes that means there may be fuck-free dialogue...and maybe even some characters that the MC will never fuck. Hell, in all of chapter 1 Karen never got fucked, by anyone, while Cammie at least got to have some fun with Sam.

Its about the story, not about who the MC is or isn't fucking

N2TheFire

Game Developer
Dec 28, 2019
I do gotta ask...where was Cinn? Why wasn't she at the beach party?
I wrote a small part for her but ended up scrapping it because I didn't like it. By the time I started releasing I realized I hadn't gone back and addressed that. Anyway, she'll be back. That tends to happen when you have so many characters.

Sotak

Nov 9, 2017
I wrote a small part for her but ended up scrapping it because I didn't like it. By the time I started releasing I realized I hadn't gone back and addressed that. Anyway, she'll be back. That tends to happen when you have so many characters.
Its all good. Lots of chapter 2 left to fit everyone in and even more if you want...just a curiosity. Cinn had more content in chapter 1 than Mel amd Celeste, so it was nice to see those 2 get some attention in this release.

punisher2099

Forum Fanatic
Feb 25, 2020
Did Trina always talk like that? she seemed to dial up the "southern charm" to eleven. Not a bad thing though.
Hey!, Celeste actually gets to do something in a vn instead of eternally waiting around in a create a character menu! Can you save the other Sylphine characters please?
So is Cammie going to have her own vn or will she occasionally pop in to Serenity?

Last edited:
Reactions: DarkOs31

Sotak

Nov 9, 2017
Did Trina always talk like that? she seemed to dial up the "southern charm" to eleven. Not a bad thing though.
Hey!, Celeste actually gets to do something in a vn instead of eternally waiting around in a create a character menu! Can you save the other Sylphine characters please?
So is Cammie going to have her own vn or will she occasionally pop in to Serenity?
Trina definately got more southern...may be all the booze. Surprised me that she wasn't really "bayou" southern though...like you might expect from someone from the Mississippi delta region...seemed more Tennessee...but I'm from Minnesota so what do I know.

Camel

Jun 8, 2017
wanna start off by saying im a big fan of serenity, real happy to see chapter 2... buuut there is one thing that bugs the hell out of me, the bullet!!

Benalin13

Jun 10, 2019
oh god started the download because it looked cool then saw it was in chapters so I deleted it. I get it all devs need to get past old content to get to the new but breaking your game into lots of small chunks is by far the worst way to handle this.

qljrnt6jc4eh2

Jun 27, 2019
v1.4
This update simply adds the final sex scene (from version 1.3) to the gallery. There is no other new content than that outside of a few minor edits to some script.

Attached: (note: YOU MUST HAVE VERSION 1.3 TO USE THIS.) I've created an update patch that will update your Serenity-1.3-pc version to 1.4. Extract the files into your Serenity 1.3 folder, overwriting existing files. The second attachment is my 'persistent' file. Extract this to your 'game/save' folder to unlock all of the gallery.

I didn't know, that adding two lines of code to the game would ever be considered as an update. Disappointing af. :rolleyes:

N2TheFire

Game Developer
Dec 28, 2019
oh god started the download because it looked cool then saw it was in chapters so I deleted it. I get it all devs need to get past old content to get to the new but breaking your game into lots of small chunks is by far the worst way to handle this.
I didn't do that just to "get to the new" content. If you follow me and know my story and how I work, you would know that I did that to keep downloads small for people who don't pay for mega. And to also help my android players, of which I seem to have a lot of. I don't do things like that just to get new content out. I do things to help you out.

I didn't know, that adding two lines of code to the game would ever be considered as an update. Disappointing af. :rolleyes:
That previous update was a "FIX" for the real update because I realized that some things were missing. Since that was during BETA, I am allowed these mistakes as far as I know and should be excused, yes? It should be noted that Chapter 1 is not yet a completed (released) full game yet - as there are still things I want to go back and improve on and fix.

N2TheFire

Game Developer
Dec 28, 2019
Just finished the update. A few thoughts:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Overall, I think it was a good start.
I want everyone to read this post. THIS is a fine review of my game. I love the way it is worded. It gives me negatives without using words like "stupid" and "sucks" and other negative expletives. voyeurkind thank you for taking some time to post this. And because I like this so much, I want to answer each paragraph.

(I think it works better not to focus on MCs battles...)
I agree with this one 100%. In Chapter 1, especially through the first half of it, I completely missed opportunities to really dig into the girls' personalities. This is an issue that is by now well known and I recognized it. I decided to go a different route with Chapter 2 as hopefully you've noticed. Although episode 1 was really just about having some fun and jump starting the chapter... I tried to lay in some character information.

(...but if I'm Kat, I'm not so happy about the "fix" for Celeste's comments...)
After I finished writing and I was proofing it, I saw that as well. I actually removed a scene because I could see that Celeste really needs to be "put in her place". And who better than my ill-tempered platinum? So yes, excellent insight here.

(...would have been some nice fanservice if during the mass orgasm scene you had shown MCs mother and sister enjoying themselves as well...)
A great idea. In hindsight, I kinda wish I had done something like that honestly. But it was hard to figure out the timing because I wanted to introduce Camilla's next plot which was happening at basically the same time as the party. There is a lot of Cammie content coming in this Chapter. And I'll keep this in mind when working on the next episodes.

(I'm concerned you may have too many characters...)
LOL. I gotta be completely honest here... there ARE too many characters. Quite a few more than my original draft of this story called for. But, things happened over the last two years, I made decisions, and here we are. That said, the fact that you don't know some of these girls so well falls on my writing mishaps and not doing a better job building the characters and their personalities. That said, I hope to remedy that situation over next bunch of releases.

(Assuming you want lesbian content in the game, why not have the reader choose whether they want to see it or not, kind of like how Lunar's Chosen handles futa content...)
This one is a bit harder for me because the reason I wanted to do kinetic novels is because I could steer the story the way I intended. Doing parallel storylines is a lot more time consuming also. With my full time job, I am already taking around 3 months per update as it is. More branches means also more/different scenes need to be made also. Keep in mind that I already have a lot of this thing planned out and even have several endings planned. If there is a lesbian scene, its because I want it there and have plans further into the plot concerning that. However, I am definitely not against adding a simple choice to skip something like that. Like maybe the girls ask MC if he would approve - giving you the choice to say yes or no. We'll see about this one.

(I'm looking forward to the scene where one of the girls or a group of them or all of them pull the MC aside and tell him that he doesn't have to be so nice, that he can feel free to indulge himself in their bodies as much as he likes, that in fact that is exactly what they were hoping for when they joined his harem.)
I copied that whole paragraph because it is my favorite part about this post. Stay with me here. I do have such scenes in mind (next episode you'll see some of it in fact). I've read some pretty nasty stuff said about my MC over the last two years. Hell, the most recent review in here is an example. Look, I wanted to write a nice guy. I love the reviewer who was pissed because everyone is so "nice" and "everything is just nice" LMAO. I actually copied and pasted that review to my wife and we got a good laugh. Anyway, MC lived a pretty sheltered life before his Mom got cancer, and then spent all of his time taking care of her. And I probably could have written that better in the beginning. But the point was to get him to loosen up over time. Become more aggressive (but not smacking girls around or anything violent). Just... taking charge I should say. So, yeah. I agree with this observation. Keep playing is all I can say. A lot of things will be changing. Subtle at first.

I hope my responses are to your liking. I really appreciate the real feedback; giving me props but also giving me shit without being a shit about it. It's a breath of fresh air. So thank you for that. This is the kind of feedback I love reading. I can use it. I can learn from it. And I can actually add things to my notes because of its usefulness. Please come back in a few more episodes and review Serenity again my friend! :)

Deleted member 2553135

Jul 3, 2020
However, I am definitely not against adding a simple choice to skip something like that. Like maybe the girls ask MC if he would approve - giving you the choice to say yes or no. We'll see about this one.
As someone who is not the fond of lesbian scenes in harem games, I would appreciate the choice (completely avoidable) if you can get it to work.

voyeurkind

Jan 26, 2018
I want everyone to read this post. THIS is a fine review of my game. I love the way it is worded. It gives me negatives without using words like "stupid" and "sucks" and other negative expletives. voyeurkind thank you for taking some time to post this. And because I like this so much, I want to answer each paragraph.

I agree with this one 100%. In Chapter 1, especially through the first half of it, I completely missed opportunities to really dig into the girls' personalities. This is an issue that is by now well known and I recognized it. I decided to go a different route with Chapter 2 as hopefully you've noticed. Although episode 1 was really just about having some fun and jump starting the chapter... I tried to lay in some character information.

After I finished writing and I was proofing it, I saw that as well. I actually removed a scene because I could see that Celeste really needs to be "put in her place". And who better than my ill-tempered platinum? So yes, excellent insight here.

(...would have been some nice fanservice if during the mass orgasm scene you had shown MCs mother and sister enjoying themselves as well...)
A great idea. In hindsight, I kinda wish I had done something like that honestly. But it was hard to figure out the timing because I wanted to introduce Camilla's next plot which was happening at basically the same time as the party. There is a lot of Cammie content coming in this Chapter. And I'll keep this in mind when working on the next episodes.

LOL. I gotta be completely honest here... there ARE too many characters. Quite a few more than my original draft of this story called for. But, things happened over the last two years, I made decisions, and here we are. That said, the fact that you don't know some of these girls so well falls on my writing mishaps and not doing a better job building the characters and their personalities. That said, I hope to remedy that situation over next bunch of releases.

(Assuming you want lesbian content in the game, why not have the reader choose whether they want to see it or not, kind of like how Lunar's Chosen handles futa content...)
This one is a bit harder for me because the reason I wanted to do kinetic novels is because I could steer the story the way I intended. Doing parallel storylines is a lot more time consuming also. With my full time job, I am already taking around 3 months per update as it is. More branches means also more/different scenes need to be made also. Keep in mind that I already have a lot of this thing planned out and even have several endings planned. If there is a lesbian scene, its because I want it there and have plans further into the plot concerning that. However, I am definitely not against adding a simple choice to skip something like that. Like maybe the girls ask MC if he would approve - giving you the choice to say yes or no. We'll see about this one.

(I'm looking forward to the scene where one of the girls or a group of them or all of them pull the MC aside and tell him that he doesn't have to be so nice, that he can feel free to indulge himself in their bodies as much as he likes, that in fact that is exactly what they were hoping for when they joined his harem.)
I copied that whole paragraph because it is my favorite part about this post. Stay with me here. I do have such scenes in mind (next episode you'll see some of it in fact). I've read some pretty nasty stuff said about my MC over the last two years. Hell, the most recent review in here is an example. Look, I wanted to write a nice guy. I love the reviewer who was pissed because everyone is so "nice" and "everything is just nice" LMAO. I actually copied and pasted that review to my wife and we got a good laugh. Anyway, MC lived a pretty sheltered life before his Mom got cancer, and then spent all of his time taking care of her. And I probably could have written that better in the beginning. But the point was to get him to loosen up over time. Become more aggressive (but not smacking girls around or anything violent). Just... taking charge I should say. So, yeah. I agree with this observation. Keep playing is all I can say. A lot of things will be changing. Subtle at first.

I hope my responses are to your liking. I really appreciate the real feedback; giving me props but also giving me shit without being a shit about it. It's a breath of fresh air. So thank you for that. This is the kind of feedback I love reading. I can use it. I can learn from it. And I can actually add things to my notes because of its usefulness. Please come back in a few more episodes and review Serenity again my friend! :)
Regarding the lesbian content, I didn't really mean branching, but rather skipping over.

For instance, let's say (hypothetically) that Rin and Morgan got drunk on moonshine again and decided to experiment. Rather than branching in an asking the reader whether they hook up or not, you show the scene to those who want that content, and hide/skip over it for those who don't.

I guess I'm saying you don't need to write and code branching paths, just display the content for those who opt in, and hide it from everyone who opts out.

Reactions: battali0n

Sotak

Nov 9, 2017

I want to respond to one specific part of this. The part about having too many characters.

Yes, you have included a lot of characters (and have a potential to include even more). And yes, this CAN BE a trouble spot to keep each character growing (as you have run into a couple times, but so far have addressed and corrected the issue when it crops up). But I do have an issue believing that it is your (N2thefire) failure that voyeurkind only really knows Rin and Kat. You put lots of detail into the characters and I personally feel that I know each one...their personalities, likes, dislikes...with maybe the exception of Sam and cassie (I mean, they have depth, but didn't get quite the development the others got...but there is still time for them.to grow as well.)

Just my personal view on the subject.

JenMistress

Engaged Member
Oct 1, 2019
So, finished Chapter 2 0.1, aka Chapter 2 Episode 1, so all caught up with the Dev on this one.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Anyways, really enjoyed this, thank you so very much for this, and looking forward for more in Chapter 2.

• Red Heart
Reactions: N2TheFire
4.20 star(s) 40 Votes