3.50 star(s) 16 Votes

Macfinn99

Jun 20, 2017
It's a standard problem with "most" of these game developers. Your creative driver in the game is almost always the artist. Very few of the artists know how to do effective program management and they also tend to be very jealous about sharing any authority over their "creative" property. There are enough stories out there about artists that got screwed over when they DID share authority that I'm surprised that ANY of these games get finished at all. . . . . and I tend to be an optimist . . .

Mac

Joeshmoelb

Jul 14, 2017
I got mixed feelings since he has two seperate patreons. I mean sure, pay the guy for his art - if you like it.

I am just really confused how is game is funded so well. I know of so many games that are full fledged who are only pulling half that amount. Its peoples money I guess but.. it just feels like there are so many better places to put it.
It's a standard problem with "most" of these game developers. Your creative driver in the game is almost always the artist. Very few of the artists know how to do effective program management and they also tend to be very jealous about sharing any authority over their "creative" property. There are enough stories out there about artists that got screwed over when they DID share authority that I'm surprised that ANY of these games get finished at all. . . . . and I tend to be an optimist . . .

Mac
Meh, it seems more like he has an established fan base that is more than willing to wait since they're familiar with his work.

Nopnop

Oct 13, 2017
I got mixed feelings since he has two seperate patreons. I mean sure, pay the guy for his art - if you like it.

I am just really confused how is game is funded so well. I know of so many games that are full fledged who are only pulling half that amount. Its peoples money I guess but.. it just feels like there are so many better places to put it.
He got a LOT of fan who support him, but few of them support BOTH patreons. So they have to choose and they prefer to only support the the game over the art , because the art is free anyway.

bigpenniser

Aug 7, 2016
To my understanding this particular dev is actually a long term artist giving his first game a try so I wouldn't be too harsh.
Not being too harsh is why they get away with doing these kind of scams. The Korra booth has been made since the first release and was removed, weve had about 10 updates of pics to hang in the wall, there is no advancement in the main story.
Thats not having difficulties making the game, is not giving a fuck about it because you get paid anyways.

Deus5000

Jun 18, 2018
If someone who has access could copy/paste the changelog, that would be great...

But playing it just now, the only new thing i saw was that hes added the Korra BJ mini game.

The problem is it replaces the Powergirl BJ mini game...

So nothing new to do quest wise unfortunately.

Kind of a shame that this game isn't as polished as it could be but given he does everything himself AND he doesn't have that much experience with it rather than trusting others with his work i guess thats to be expected.

3.50 star(s) 16 Votes