Others Abandoned Sex Machine [v0.052] [UraMomo & TheUnsaid]

3.40 star(s) 5 Votes

Sarojin

Jul 9, 2017
Meh, put it on the pile of games in development that may or may not ever get finished I suppose.

Put this comment in the MEGA long list of comments that are just there to complain on a public forum, when they could have just not said anything, went about their business, and did something else/ tried out the millions of other games, along with not adding anything constructive and equates to the same level of people that comment "this game is shit" (most helpful type of comments ever! totally not just an opinion!)

SooperKrampus

Dec 19, 2018
Put this comment in the MEGA long list of comments that are just there to complain on a public forum, when they could have just not said anything, went about their business, and did something else/ tried out the millions of other games, along with not adding anything constructive and equates to the same level of people that comment "this game is shit" (most helpful type of comments ever! totally not just an opinion!)
I'm not complaining, it's just realistic. The developers don't owe us the game. They don't owe us anything. Games like this often end up never getting finished.

Sarojin

Jul 9, 2017
I'm not complaining, it's just realistic. The developers don't owe us the game. They don't owe us anything. Games like this often end up never getting finished.
Point still proven though my dude, it's just a long list of yes complaining, be it a lower form of complaining or not, still complaining. There's tons of other things besides games on this forum you could do, yet I see people just like you that feel the need to express themselves without giving feedback that's actually helpful.

You could watch youtube videos, you could catch up on anime/tv show series, you could play some other games on various systems, you could do artist things (music, actual art, etc.), you could go outside exercise and many other things, etc etc etc.

Point being, you remind me of the people I've seen when a game I used to play/like until they got super PC with their policies (god forbid people shit talk over the internet) went down for maintenance. They'd complain and say "what am I gonna play while this game's down for 10+ hours?". Acting like it's the ONLY game/thing in the world they can do.

Why not do what most sensible people do with various things:

Don't like something? Move on and find something you do.
Can't play said game? Play any of the god knows how many at this point other games or other things you could do while waiting.

Tldr;

I've had plenty of times I've been irritated by things not going the way I wanted game wise, I just moved on and found other games to bide my time while I waited for said initial game to come out or be fixed, or I just completely moved on to another game.

sandsea_urchin

May 7, 2019
Call me the devil's advocate once we're in 2021 :LOL: but:
- the dev has shown he had little interest in Patreon pay-per-month platforms, for... reasons. If he intended to cancel the project, I see little to no benefit in not stating so. Him being sincerely working on SM, is the most likely reality.
- most critics from the early demos were quite unconstructive, some of them simply bothersome. That doesn't excuse dev for not giving a progress report ever, but maybe he found a dependable bunch of playtesters/critics in his dicsord. If that's the case, it's all good.
- dev stated he "doesn't want to show his hand too early". Take that as you will.

There's a difference between being pessimistic, fatalist or plain jaded. Keep in mind, the dev reads this, and might be in need of some occasional moral support. If you wanna call a dev a liar and/or a thief, there are many 1-2k$+/month projects devs you can bash (and please, do bash'em hard :devilish:).

Sarojin

Jul 9, 2017
Call me the devil's advocate once we're in 2021 :LOL: but:
- the dev has shown he had little interest in Patreon pay-per-month platforms, for... reasons. If he intended to cancel the project, I see little to no benefit in not stating so. Him being sincerely working on SM, is the most likely reality.
- most critics from the early demos were quite unconstructive, some of them simply bothersome. That doesn't excuse dev for not giving a progress report ever, but maybe he found a dependable bunch of playtesters/critics in his dicsord. If that's the case, it's all good.
- dev stated he "doesn't want to show his hand too early". Take that as you will.

There's a difference between being pessimistic, fatalist or plain jaded. Keep in mind, the dev reads this, and might be in need of some occasional moral support. If you wanna call a dev a liar and/or a thief, there are many 1-2k$+/month projects devs you can bash (and please, do bash'em hard :devilish:).

There's a massive difference between giving CONSTRUCTIVE criticism and NON CONSTRUCTIVE criticism, what you just gave was ACTUAL constructive criticism, it had points and was ACTUAL feedback.

When you go on a public forum to bitch for bitching sake, it just makes you look whiny, all you're showing is that your mind is made up, nothing can change it, and you should either say nothing and move on, or give some reason as to why since you're taking the time to post. I mean congrats you have an opinion and much like everyone else, everyone has one. (famous quote: "opinions are like assholes, everyone has one")

I'm just tired of seeing the same patterns nowadays with people, no time to do any kind of research to find what they're looking for, they just instantly ask and expect people to hand it to them without any work. People feeling the need to make their opinion about something publicly known like it's law or something. (like I said above literally saying things like this game sucks, because you know we haven't heard that millions of times before, totally not old by now)

I saw a guy do something similar in an anime comment thread in a specific episode of it. He was shitting on the anime, than tells me another series that he felt similar about but liked it. If it was so shit why was he still watching it? It must have been good enough if he watched it all the way through.

I don't mean to come off as whiny myself, it's just highly irritating seeing these same patterns as commonplace nowadays, I was raised in the 90's and things were alot different especially with games, didn't have any whiny people complaining about being offensive, and hurting someone's feelings, you either ignored the person and moved on, or you blocked and muted them and moved on, but nope what do you have nowadays, you've got a mature language filter on by default, people turn it off and feel the need to bitch about it, and then attempt to report you for it. That's the wonderful world we live in full of idiots with first world problems.

TheUnsaid

Game Developer
Dec 28, 2019
When you go on a public forum to bitch for bitching sake, it just makes you look whiny,
I think you quoted the wrong person.

Appreciate all the positivity coming from everyone though.

most critics from the early demos were quite unconstructive, some of them simply bothersome. That doesn't excuse dev for not giving a progress report ever, but maybe he found a dependable bunch of playtesters/critics in his dicsord. If that's the case, it's all good.
You know...
This might be true. The community that I found in discord really was pretty much godsend. The discussions on the game, strategy, and the random player making a speedrun were a lot of fun.

BTW, it's not that I'm not ever making progress reports, it's just that the progress that's being made isn't enough for me to say, "here's what I've done."

I don't want to give people expectations of what could be in the game only to then take it away. I've seen how people react to the game already and I don't want to deal with that.

Reactions: sandsea_urchin

Sarojin

Jul 9, 2017
I think you quoted the wrong person.

Appreciate all the positivity coming from everyone though.

You know...
This might be true. The community that I found in discord really was pretty much godsend. The discussions on the game, strategy, and the random player making a speedrun were a lot of fun.

BTW, it's not that I'm not ever making progress reports, it's just that the progress that's being made isn't enough for me to say, "here's what I've done."

I don't want to give people expectations of what could be in the game only to then take it away. I've seen how people react to the game already and I don't want to deal with that.
That specific part wasn't for him but the previous person and several other people in this forum and many other places, but no I was quoting him because I was responding back.

Reactions: sandsea_urchin

SooperKrampus

Dec 19, 2018
Point still proven though my dude, it's just a long list of yes complaining, be it a lower form of complaining or not, still complaining. There's tons of other things besides games on this forum you could do, yet I see people just like you that feel the need to express themselves without giving feedback that's actually helpful.

You could watch youtube videos, you could catch up on anime/tv show series, you could play some other games on various systems, you could do artist things (music, actual art, etc.), you could go outside exercise and many other things, etc etc etc.

Point being, you remind me of the people I've seen when a game I used to play/like until they got super PC with their policies (god forbid people shit talk over the internet) went down for maintenance. They'd complain and say "what am I gonna play while this game's down for 10+ hours?". Acting like it's the ONLY game/thing in the world they can do.

Why not do what most sensible people do with various things:

Don't like something? Move on and find something you do.
Can't play said game? Play any of the god knows how many at this point other games or other things you could do while waiting.

Tldr;

I've had plenty of times I've been irritated by things not going the way I wanted game wise, I just moved on and found other games to bide my time while I waited for said initial game to come out or be fixed, or I just completely moved on to another game.
Yeah this wall of text is way too much for me. Maybe just go back to talking about the game. I think what's in it so far is pretty fucking great, so hopefully we'll see more of it soon.

Sarojin

Jul 9, 2017
Yeah this wall of text is way too much for me. Maybe just go back to talking about the game. I think what's in it so far is pretty fucking great, so hopefully we'll see more of it soon.
even put a tldr at the bottom for people like you lol....

decker2

Jul 6, 2017
TheUnsaid you still think you can make it till the end of this year?
also there's not a single post on your patreon page. respect:cool:

TheUnsaid

Game Developer
Dec 28, 2019
@TheUnsaid you still think you can make it till the end of this year?
From an animation standpoint it's pretty likely.
From a gameplay standpoint there's only 2 enemies left to program. The biggest thing that needs to be done is making the game feel like a game, and pacing the beginning of the game better.

There will be one private only demo, and then the full game after.
If it's not December it should be January. I'm really aiming for December though.

also there's not a single post on your patreon page. respect
I've answered this multiple times, but our Patreon was targeted for being unsafe with Patreon's TOS because of the sexual content. I don't know how we got flagged but we did, therefore we took down the content on Patreon and made it a "donation box" rewards are given through discord integration.

TheUnsaid

Game Developer
Dec 28, 2019
Not a bad game, but damn, even on easy is hard as fuck to win...
Easy lowers enemy maximum health, and lowers the amount of damage they do to you. It's not insignificant, but it does help a good amount.

I feel like the main difficulty is just understanding how the systems work. Once you do, easy will be too easy for you.

AlexTorch

Engaged Member
Jun 22, 2017
I feel like the main difficulty is just understanding how the systems work.
Yeah, i agree a lot with that, but even when you got every single movement right, it look like i don't do any damage to the enemy (even on easy), and when you cum they recorver everything that you have done to them, don't get me wrong, the art is really cool, the idea is awesome, but learning how to fight is a pain in the ass.

sandsea_urchin

May 7, 2019
learning how to fight is a pain in the ass.
Yes, this is actually how most RPGs should be, or they'd be grindy clones of each other...

In your case, it sounds like you're fighting too conservatively/defensively. That's fine with the more aggressive girls but not the rest of them.
Having to use different strategies and punishing the brainless spamming of the same move, would be the best incentive in SM's concept, imo.

TheUnsaid

Game Developer
Dec 28, 2019
Yeah, i agree a lot with that, but even when you got every single movement right, it look like i don't do any damage to the enemy (even on easy), and when you cum they recorver everything that you have done to them, don't get me wrong, the art is really cool, the idea is awesome, but learning how to fight is a pain in the ass.
Wow yeah... seems if I don't explicitly tutorialize skills quite a lot of players just will not use them hunh.

sandsea_urchin

May 7, 2019
I don't explicitly tutorialize skills
Well I'd rather not be babi'ed and talked to like I was 3y-old, so I'm OK with you keeping it that way.
Keep in mind, we'll have a 100% save and walkthroughs right here, 1-2 weeks after your game's out. There isn't any concern to have.

Looking forward to the release (y) I've long thought this was abandoned, lack of any communication and all.

AlexTorch

Engaged Member
Jun 22, 2017
Wow yeah... seems if I don't explicitly tutorialize skills quite a lot of players just will not use them hunh.
You could have a bot in the beginning just to train (just like the save bot), and if you do something wrong the game says "hey, you do this wrong" (not just the text), i get that some enemy have different patterns, but like i said, most of the times i get the arrows right, and i use skills too (mostly slow) but look like most of the times i cannot do enough damage to output the heal and probally the problem is me don't getting what to do.

TheUnsaid

Game Developer
Dec 28, 2019
You could have a bot in the beginning just to train (just like the save bot), and if you do something wrong the game says "hey, you do this wrong" (not just the text), i get that some enemy have different patterns, but like i said, most of the times i get the arrows right, and i use skills too (mostly slow) but look like most of the times i cannot do enough damage to output the heal and probally the problem is me don't getting what to do.
I'm not being sarcastic, but asking for real here. What you're telling me is that you're using skills, getting the arrows correct and still losing? Is that right?

AlexTorch

Engaged Member
Jun 22, 2017
I'm not being sarcastic, but asking for real here. What you're telling me is that you're using skills, getting the arrows correct and still losing? Is that right?
Yes, using skills (the ones that i most use is the slow and pressure) and getting "almost" all arrows (i get some of them wrong) my damage is 5-10% of their health, (25-30% of Rouge) but if sandsea_urchin said that i'm playing wrong, that could be too, i'm not too familiar with this kind of gameplay.

3.40 star(s) 5 Votes