Ren'Py Sexbot Restoration 2124 [v0.8.0] [squirrel24]

4.20 star(s) 5 Votes

squirrel24

Game Developer
Mar 12, 2021
Hello
Wiki for the game ?
How to pass the goons who ask bot each week ?
Keep playing and pay attention to the MC's ideas that he writes in the 'Journal'. It will tell you exactly what to do.

Sephozero

Nov 28, 2019
I understand your frustration with the MC and social skill but social skills come from being social and up to now the MC isn't very social. In the next release I'm adding a quest in that direction that was planned 2 or 3 releases ago but I got myself distracted adding more bots and then making it easier to manage them. The night school was designed to get you to 'B'. Karaoke pushes it a little more but (spoiler alert) it's really just the teacher trying to get the geeky MC out of his shell. The game isn't done, there isn't anything in it yet that would make you a social genius so it should be impossible to reach 'S' at this point. Even reaching 'A' with the activities available at this point is a stretch.

One more thing, you said "even if I start with 'B' in social...". You can't complain about the dev being lazy if you aren't willing to play in 'hardcore' mode where you can't start at 'B' in anything. :)
Funny that you said that, I play in hardcore and I have my mc with 100% S Rank in all his skills xD
Currenly i'm farming exp in S models and parts repairs and increasing my reputation for future use, at least until I have the store full of trained models S. I'm trying to find the sweet spot of roles and managed bots in the 20 slots that is the store, the only think I know is that 2 housekeppers is the amound needed, I have 18 more slots to play around

Reactions: squirrel24

squirrel24

Game Developer
Mar 12, 2021
Funny that you said that, I play in hardcore and I have my mc with 100% S Rank in all his skills xD
Currenly i'm farming exp in S models and parts repairs and increasing my reputation for future use, at least until I have the store full of trained models S. I'm trying to find the sweet spot of roles and managed bots in the 20 slots that is the store, the only think I know is that 2 housekeppers is the amound needed, I have 18 more slots to play around
You need to take a break once in a while! :) It takes a very long time and a lot of grind to get the MC up to 'S' rating in social, electronics, and computers. The other skills develop much faster. My longest game so far has electronics and computers at 'A' about 50% of the way to 'S' and social at 'A' about 25% of the way to 'S'.

You've mastered the first part of the game where you do everything yourself so I'm sure you'll master the second part where you try to set up the shop to run by itself (bots run everything). I don't know the best mix of bots and roles, I spend more time developing than I do playing! ;)

Unfortunately there's one thing missing that prevents you from going entirely "hands off": bots can't repair parts on their own yet. A future role that's at least 2 versions away, sorry. Cheers!

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
You need to take a break once in a while! :) It takes a very long time and a lot of grind to get the MC up to 'S' rating in social, electronics, and computers. The other skills develop much faster. My longest game so far has electronics and computers at 'A' about 50% of the way to 'S' and social at 'A' about 25% of the way to 'S'.

You've mastered the first part of the game where you do everything yourself so I'm sure you'll master the second part where you try to set up the shop to run by itself (bots run everything). I don't know the best mix of bots and roles, I spend more time developing than I do playing! ;)

Unfortunately there's one thing missing that prevents you from going entirely "hands off": bots can't repair parts on their own yet. A future role that's at least 2 versions away, sorry. Cheers!
They also can't hack and stabilize other bots might I add... just some friendly broad hint :sneaky: ;)

Reactions: squirrel24

squirrel24

Game Developer
Mar 12, 2021
They also can't hack and stabilize other bots might I add... just some friendly broad hint :sneaky: ;)
That's what capsules are for! There may be level 5 some day :) and maybe even level 6! :unsure: Not sure what to do about removing bad quirks if they happen. Maybe that's when the MC has to step in and demonstrate his expertise! :D

Last edited:

Dripping

Feb 16, 2019
Sorry you don’t like it. The quest has been around in the game over a year and there haven’t been many complaints. If you ever decide to give the game another try don’t pay off your debt as fast as possible. Build up your skills, train some bots to help run your shop, and build up some parts inventory before you rush to pay off the debt. There is no time limit to pay off the debt. If you decide not to play again that’s fine, hope you enjoy whatever you decide to play. Cheers!
I think there's initially too little encouragement to make investments different from repaying the mob. In general, it's actually only to your advantage to at least lower the debt significantly, like, down to only 100k or something like that. And the mob is more or less pressing to pay it off, even if there actually isn't any deadline. So, maybe you can insert some quests to add such encouragements. Maybe at some point have the mob boss accept quality bots in payment to get the player into some more sustainable habit instead of just working overhours.

gr3yw0lf72

Jun 30, 2024
That's what capsules are for! There may be level 5 some day :) and maybe even level 6! :unsure: Not sure what to do about removing bad quirks if they happen. Maybe that's when the MC has to step in and demonstrate his expertise! :D
Sounds like a plan. :D Nice game and good thing you continued this. :love:
After playing your game now for a while (day 718) I wondered if it could be possible that your bots can go rogue or crazy when the psychocore is not in stable condition. Would add some spice to the gameplay to always look out for your bots. ;)
Or maybe they get kidnapped after going on a mission because of your (good) reputation in building good bots and go on a rescue mission?

I found an interesting thing with my bots:
After starting a new day it happens from time to time that my bots had to fend off attackers even having a combat rating of S. Maybe a glitch in the psychocore? :unsure: I'm sure I had them stable before ending the turn by sleeping.

squirrel24

Game Developer
Mar 12, 2021
Sounds like a plan. :D Nice game and good thing you continued this. :love:
After playing your game now for a while (day 718) I wondered if it could be possible that your bots can go rogue or crazy when the psychocore is not in stable condition. Would add some spice to the gameplay to always look out for your bots. ;)
Or maybe they get kidnapped after going on a mission because of your (good) reputation in building good bots and go on a rescue mission?

I found an interesting thing with my bots:
After starting a new day it happens from time to time that my bots had to fend off attackers even having a combat rating of S. Maybe a glitch in the psychocore? :unsure: I'm sure I had them stable before ending the turn by sleeping.
Random bad luck affects even the best of us! The probability of bad events gets lower but some never reach zero regardless of the bot's characteristics. You cannot prevent bad luck entirely!

Interesting ideas! There is room for lots of events but only so many hours in a day to develop them. I'll put them on the list of possibilities. Thanks!

Reactions: gr3yw0lf72

squirrel24

Game Developer
Mar 12, 2021
I think there's initially too little encouragement to make investments different from repaying the mob. In general, it's actually only to your advantage to at least lower the debt significantly, like, down to only 100k or something like that. And the mob is more or less pressing to pay it off, even if there actually isn't any deadline. So, maybe you can insert some quests to add such encouragements. Maybe at some point have the mob boss accept quality bots in payment to get the player into some more sustainable habit instead of just working overhours.
Interesting ideas, thanks. I've considered the initial 'Framed!' event done but perhaps there's room for improvement. A simple idea might be some strategically placed text giving you the idea that paying down the debt is a good idea but paying it off too soon is risky. Not sure but I'll give it some thought. Some people rush to pay the debt and regret it when the next quest is too difficult because their skills aren't developed and they don't have much money left.

Sephozero

Nov 28, 2019

Yeah, I'm at a point in the game where I don't need to work, and the bots can more or less take care of everything without me doing anything other than repairing and stabilizing them. Best of all, I make some money. Additionally, I don't have missions to do, and if I spend all day repairing, I can send all my bots to fight in the UFC on Fridays and Saturdays, making it practically impossible for me to run out of cash.

Even so, it is true that level 4 of the AI capsules is still not enough because with S-rank CPUs, I spend almost the entire day stabilizing them. It's not something that has to arrive immediately, but those levels 5 and 6 you mentioned are something I definitely want to get my hands on. Another thing, would it be possible, if you are going to add roles that repair parts, to include a system that allows you to configure a specific number of parts to keep without selling them, and then sell the leftovers beyond that number? Let me explain better: right now, you can decide whether a specific part can be sold or not. What I mean is, I want to be able to keep 5 and then sell the rest.

What I would like to see in the future is more buildings at your disposal, maybe having your own house separate from the store where you can live with your girlfriend and a few bots, because It's looks like Simone is going to be an important character with more to offer than just being your teacher and karaoke partner. Or perhaps buying a shop in a richer part of the city where the stores offer more for your bots, so you don't have to depend on the Gray Market BBS and in exchange you lose access to the garbage collector. (Not really necessary because you can already buy everything you need at Ray's. It's just that in the upgrades section, the text teases you that if you want more, you're going to move to a better building.)

Another thing I would like to see are unique bots with special functions. For example, a mission where you are given a bot with a specific job that replicates what you do when working in the store (and if it's running, it doesn't let you work), making the store 100% autonomous. Or one with the specific function of a bodyguard that prevents the other bots that go out to work at night from being attacked—things like that. I don't know if your plans go in that direction or not, but I'm curious to see where it goes.

In short, thank you very much for continuing to develop this game.

OrphanOrphan

Jun 9, 2019
Knowing than the mob quest is coming, and there is no way out of it, just pay the whole debt but 1000s, and then pay 12s of interest for as long as you want.

More than trying to stole a few bots from you, the mob should be interested in buying combat bots "under the table" for their underground fight tournament, knowing you can repair broken, unregistered bots from the dumpster..

Reactions: Jaga Telesin

squirrel24

Game Developer
Mar 12, 2021
Knowing than the mob quest is coming, and there is no way out of it, just pay the whole debt but 1000s, and then pay 12s of interest for as long as you want.

More than trying to stole a few bots from you, the mob should be interested in buying combat bots "under the table" for their underground fight tournament, knowing you can repair broken, unregistered bots from the dumpster..
Actually the ‘Framed!’ quest was designed for that. If you want to play but don’t like the SR24 story you can ignore it by doing what you said.
Why would the mob buy bots from you when they can demand them for free? ;)

squirrel24

Game Developer
Mar 12, 2021
Yeah, I'm at a point in the game where I don't need to work, and the bots can more or less take care of everything without me doing anything other than repairing and stabilizing them. Best of all, I make some money. Additionally, I don't have missions to do, and if I spend all day repairing, I can send all my bots to fight in the UFC on Fridays and Saturdays, making it practically impossible for me to run out of cash.

Even so, it is true that level 4 of the AI capsules is still not enough because with S-rank CPUs, I spend almost the entire day stabilizing them. It's not something that has to arrive immediately, but those levels 5 and 6 you mentioned are something I definitely want to get my hands on. Another thing, would it be possible, if you are going to add roles that repair parts, to include a system that allows you to configure a specific number of parts to keep without selling them, and then sell the leftovers beyond that number? Let me explain better: right now, you can decide whether a specific part can be sold or not. What I mean is, I want to be able to keep 5 and then sell the rest.

What I would like to see in the future is more buildings at your disposal, maybe having your own house separate from the store where you can live with your girlfriend and a few bots, because It's looks like Simone is going to be an important character with more to offer than just being your teacher and karaoke partner. Or perhaps buying a shop in a richer part of the city where the stores offer more for your bots, so you don't have to depend on the Gray Market BBS and in exchange you lose access to the garbage collector. (Not really necessary because you can already buy everything you need at Ray's. It's just that in the upgrades section, the text teases you that if you want more, you're going to move to a better building.)

Another thing I would like to see are unique bots with special functions. For example, a mission where you are given a bot with a specific job that replicates what you do when working in the store (and if it's running, it doesn't let you work), making the store 100% autonomous. Or one with the specific function of a bodyguard that prevents the other bots that go out to work at night from being attacked—things like that. I don't know if your plans go in that direction or not, but I'm curious to see where it goes.

There is so much in your post, I’ll reply later when I have time to think about it. I’m not ignoring you. :)

Jaga Telesin

Incestuous Harem Owner
Donor
Apr 19, 2023
Because you could send 8+ S or better quality combat bots over to "pay them a courtesy call", and then follow that up several nights in a row with similar ones from storage.

I get that the mob is content/mechanics padding to provide a money sink and temper advancement, but at some point as a builder who can and does create and train combat bots, you should have a counter that keeps them at bay some point in the storyline. i.e. there needs to be another counter to them than simply providing them bots ad-nauseum. I haven't played in a while and it was an older version, but that's what I remember - building and giving them bots week after week even though I could build fairly decent combat models en-masse.

Anyway, just something to think about. More options to counter challenges for the player is typically a good thing. And personally, I'd do exactly what I described above - build up multiple combat squads and simply go "wreck some faces" if given the choice.

squirrel24

Game Developer
Mar 12, 2021
Because you could send 8+ S or better quality combat bots over to "pay them a courtesy call", and then follow that up several nights in a row with similar ones from storage.

I get that the mob is content/mechanics padding to provide a money sink and temper advancement, but at some point as a builder who can and does create and train combat bots, you should have a counter that keeps them at bay some point in the storyline. i.e. there needs to be another counter to them than simply providing them bots ad-nauseum. I haven't played in a while and it was an older version, but that's what I remember - building and giving them bots week after week even though I could build fairly decent combat models en-masse.

Anyway, just something to think about. More options to counter challenges for the player is typically a good thing. And personally, I'd do exactly what I described above - build up multiple combat squads and simply go "wreck some faces" if given the choice.
You don't give them bots forever. Read the 'Journal' and pay attention to the MC's thoughts. You solve it with brains not brawn. I'll keep saying this, SR24 will never be battle bots. The source code is available and someone else can make that game.

OrphanOrphan

Jun 9, 2019
Actually the ‘Framed!’ quest was designed for that. If you want to play but don’t like the SR24 story you can ignore it by doing what you said.
Because it's good business. Mobs are in the business of making money, and a illegal tournament without rules, where the losing bot or bots leave the ring in pieces, it's a good way to make money. If you try to squeeze good bots from a workshop, the workshop would close in a few weeks, and open elsewhere.

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
You don't give them bots forever. Read the 'Journal' and pay attention to the MC's thoughts. You solve it with brains not brawn. I'll keep saying this, SR24 will never be battle bots. The source code is available and someone else can make that game.
I mean your point and theirs aren't that different... let's say they come and demand something from MC, he orders his Bots to kick their asses and once apprehanded the small guy makes MC an offer, that if he provides them with bots he'll get a share of their earnings and instead of comeing to demand more from their high horses they come to ask for more.
The idea of those mobsters than comeing back requesting MC to fix some of their bots that got owned in a gang fight might also be a nice followup Quest (arguing that if that other gang makes any more grounds the neighbrhood will become a litteral battlefield)

squirrel24

Game Developer
Mar 12, 2021
I mean your point and theirs aren't that different... let's say they come and demand something from MC, he orders his Bots to kick their asses and once apprehanded the small guy makes MC an offer, that if he provides them with bots he'll get a share of their earnings and instead of comeing to demand more from their high horses they come to ask for more.
The idea of those mobsters than comeing back requesting MC to fix some of their bots that got owned in a gang fight might also be a nice followup Quest (arguing that if that other gang makes any more grounds the neighbrhood will become a litteral battlefield)
Sorry everyone, the mob part of SR24 predates SR24 itself. It's done and it's not changing. Yes, it could have been different, yes you may prefer a different story, etc. I'm tired of this topic and will no longer engage with anyone about it. You're all free to debate it but I won't participate.

Reactions: XX-topic

L30N4RD0

Aug 10, 2021
Can you give me more information about what is happening? Also, are you using mods or is it the 'vanilla' game you're playing? I'd like to help!

I play on my Android tablet myself and the game is sluggish compared to Windows but it has never done what you described for me.
Let's say I install it now and I can play quietly for hours, but if I close the application and open it again to play, I don't even get to 30 minutes before it starts to get stuck and then closes.
I played without mods

squirrel24

Game Developer
Mar 12, 2021

OK, I had time to consider your message. The capsule upgrades will happen but not soon. I agree about better selling options and want it too. I think adding a "Sell 5" button would address the issue. Could give more options but everything takes time and I have lots of things I want to do. You'd have to click it a few times if you want to sell lots of parts. Will not be in 0.8 but probably 0.9. There will be more locations, your "neighborhood" will appear in 0.8 for example. Moving to a new place would be a sequel and there's no guarantee it will ever happen. Simone will play a large role in the game but not in 0.8. There will be an important character in 0.8 but it's not Simone. I don't plan to make the shop autonomous completely, that would be a sequel thing. I've thought about a bodyguard as a mission rather than a role but it's on my "maybe" list. I'll think about it.
Glad you like the game and I appreciate suggestions. I hope you don't get too frustrated when I don't do all of them. Cheers!

4.20 star(s) 5 Votes