Ren'Py Sexbot Restoration 2124 [v0.8.0] [squirrel24]

4.20 star(s) 5 Votes

gr3yw0lf72

Jun 30, 2024
You can mark the full inventory to DNS and don't need to worry ever again that anything is sold.

Last edited:

Blossop

Jan 19, 2018
The Phoenix rises! Nice game, for a second time.

Question: if my bot has all the skill she needs, I can put an E or F CPU in her with no downside, right? And she will retain stability better?

squirrel24

Game Developer
Mar 12, 2021

Question: if my bot has all the skill she needs, I can put an E or F CPU in her with no downside, right? And she will retain stability better?
For many things yes but not for all. Not saying which is which. :unsure:

AkiranGaming

Jan 4, 2024

I'd guess if you sell the bot it may effect the price and if you use the bot it would likely go glitchy faster and need more hacking to stabilize it. You don't want to send a car into a race with bad sparkplugs, lol.

Reactions: 5mithers

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018

It should affect the autonomy Level required to assign multiple roles to a bot aswell, as their stability Level

Soapert

Nov 26, 2017
First of all Nice Game!
I have 150 ingame days now and i rly enjoy the Management of this Game.

Few Questions:
1. Is there a Guide to all the Parts? (Found out the hard way that the CPU effects the Training progress)
But iam not sure if the Powercore effects anything etc.
2. Can Bots reach the Autonomy for 3 Roles?
3. Does the Mob Protection quest have an End?
In The Journal it Reads "Maybe i could get access to their data" but idk what to do.

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
2. Can Bots reach the Autonomy for 3 Roles?
Yes with S-Parts (I think it's based on CPU but could be others aswell)... requires autonomy of S-Rank
3. Does the Mob Protection quest have an End?
Yes, after you created a Mechanic/Electronic based bot you have to create a last bot (sex focused).
There will be a mini Quest where someone visits you to sell you the bot chasis you'll need.

Soapert

Nov 26, 2017
Yes with S-Parts (I think it's based on CPU but could be others aswell)... requires autonomy of S-Rank

Yes, after you created a Mechanic/Electronic based bot you have to create a last bot (sex focused).
There will be a mini Quest where someone visits you to sell you the bot chasis you'll need.
Thank you.

ertdfg313

Dec 1, 2019
Few Questions:
1. Is there a Guide to all the Parts? (Found out the hard way that the CPU effects the Training progress)
But iam not sure if the Powercore effects anything etc.
There is no guide but as I recall (from once looking at parts files) It depends on what you're training, as to which parts matter:

Combat is CPU + Powercore + Arms + Legs
Electrical/Mechanic is CPU + Eyes + Arms
Sex is CPU + Powercore + Implants + Vagina (Male would just be CPU, Powercore, Penis)
Social is CPU + Ears

Part class F, E, D have a loss of XP gained (as a multiplier, F being worst of course; the amount varies by part & the skill)
C is flat xp, C class parts are the "baseline" with no multiplier.
B, A, S parts have a benefit to xp gained (again as a multiplier).
But the multipliers only when the part is considered a part of the training.
CPU as you'll note always matters for XP gain, skin/vocoder never affect XP gain (as I recall).
Other parts might or might not depending on what you train.

Doing combat training with S class CPU, Arms, Legs, Powercore can be absurdly fast (compared to C class parts or worse) as the multipliers stack.
I've had a bot with "combat smart" and S class parts clear C class training with one training starting at 0 XP more than once.
And this on Hardcore difficulty, which I also think matters.
(which is not great for the psychocore stability, and sometimes causes negative effects from that one training as well)

Note: I do keep a set of "training parts" that I swap in for training, and swap out before selling a bot so I keep the parts for reuse.
Keeping a B+ CPU early on and upgrading to A/S when you can afford it can speed up training bots to sell by quite a bit.
Just remember to swap in a differnet part before selling.

Reactions: qaz5664 and Soapert

ertdfg313

Dec 1, 2019
Thank you.
For the mini-quest; what they said is entirely correct; but...
If you can't meet the higher requirements of the mini quest, you can make a lesser bot that is simpler to make and pass (for now). Both sets of requirements are listed in your journal.
If you do the ealier one they will basically loop the request before that and that request; allowing you multiple "passes" to meet the higher requirement.

Or (as the Mob quest is the last quest currently) you can loop and keep them forever, just to keep some challenge by not giving them the one meeting the harder requirements. I think my current run I've given the mob 30 or 32 bots so far.
(once you have seen the ending of course; as it's worth seeing how it ends)

squirrel24

Game Developer
Mar 12, 2021
Thanks everyone for answering the questions. I’m always torn between being helpful and giving the “secrets” away. This isn’t meant to be a visual novel where you are a passive observer. Since it’s a single player game the only challenge is that you don’t know how everything works. That’s actually the game situation, you are a high school dropout trying to run a business. You don’t know how things work and you’re trying to figure it all out. In this situation you have to try things, see what happens, and learn from it. Experience makes you better at it. Giving away all the inner workings of the game sort of defeats the intent.

Soapert

Nov 26, 2017
Thanks everyone for answering the questions. I’m always torn between being helpful and giving the “secrets” away. This isn’t meant to be a visual novel where you are a passive observer. Since it’s a single player game the only challenge is that you don’t know how everything works. That’s actually the game situation, you are a high school dropout trying to run a business. You don’t know how things work and you’re trying to figure it all out. In this situation you have to try things, see what happens, and learn from it. Experience makes you better at it. Giving away all the inner workings of the game sort of defeats the intent.
I understand your Point and i dont want to tell you how you should make the game.
Its just that i like to Test/play a game and "Confirm" thinks that are unclear about it later.
For example i now have 180day and completed all the Quests on Normal which means i have some understanding of this game, but something like the effects of all The Parts are unclear.
So i would "Google it" (i mean Wikis are there for a reason), ingame a Wiki is mentiond under Bookmarks, but sides are not free to use, so they must be hacked first. (which is not available for now?)

Now i have a suggestion: How about a "Bot Manual" the Character is a drop out, but he can read (and he knows how to repair/builds Bots btw), which he can buy or the Options to hack/find a Wiki online.
Now dont make the Manual/Wiki to "easy" to understand, for example make an Entry for Bot CPU where this Part is explained with Technical therms and stuff and somewhere in idk 3-5 pages of it reads: "In our testing we conclude that better processing power increases the Learning speed of a Bot" or something like that.
This would be kinda "Lore" friendly if you would call it that way and doesn't "Giving away all the inner workings of the game".

Another thing is it Possible to have a Repair button if you interact with a Bot that Repairs the Parts of said Bot?
The "Tinker bots" button in the Workshop is Awesome but i find myself trying to Repair 1 specific Bot more than once and Manual Repair all the Parts takes a lot of Clicks.

Sry for the Wall of Text but i rly like this Game :D

Reactions: Evangelion-01

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
Now i have a suggestion: How about a "Bot Manual" the Character is a drop out, but he can read (and he knows how to repair/builds Bots btw), which he can buy or the Options to hack/find a Wiki online.
Now dont make the Manual/Wiki to "easy" to understand, for example make an Entry for Bot CPU where this Part is explained with Technical therms and stuff and somewhere in idk 3-5 pages of it reads: "In our testing we conclude that better processing power increases the Learning speed of a Bot" or something like that.
This would be kinda "Lore" friendly if you would call it that way and doesn't "Giving away all the inner workings of the game".
I'd argue that most car mechanics I met aren't that bright, but they still know more about cars than me.
Your education only helps you to advance a few steps faster, but experience is still better than dry knowledge, especially if that knowledge already tends to be outdated like in modern schools.
If anything maybe make articles in the wiki available by Players Abilities (i.e. basic explanation at C, advanced tips for tuning at B - S).
I'd still consider this lore friendly as MC is described as a Nerd for Sexbots, so he atleast knows the basics about Bots.

squirrel24

Game Developer
Mar 12, 2021
The posts above made me think about this a bit more but they didn't change my mind. I won't be putting instruction manuals into the game. Not only do I think they defeat the intent but I'm lazy and don't want to spend the time doing it. I'd rather develop the game than explain the game. :) There are other players who like to share what they learn about the game and you can check in here or on Discord to get help or to share information. If this isn't enough for you then I encourage you to play something else. Life is too short to play games you don't enjoy.

Here's an embarrassing admission: I never intended to do anything with the dead links (WikiKnowsIt, Gr8Pron, FaceNet, and JobScout) near 'Ray's Online'. They were for 'flavor' because a single link to 'Ray's Online' seemed strange. Here's what I will do in some future release (after 0.8). I will try to create 'WikiKnowsIt' with a 'hook' for people to add instructions in the form of a 'random event' mod or something similar to it. Random events would make it something like "fact of the day" which isn't ideal. If I'm really lucky someone who programs better than me will help me out. :unsure:

Sep 3, 2018
I've got the Daedalron Bots mod installed, but the Mr Shakey mod link is dead and I can't find it elsewhere. My game often freezes and has to be shut down, is it due to the lack of the Mr Shakey mod and if so do you know another source for it? Also, some kind of unified list of mods and download links would be wonderful, I would love to get the most from this game but right now that's a problem because the things I need to do so are scattered about and I can't find them.

Also, is there anything else I can do to solve the problem without the Shakey mod?

Thanks.

AkiranGaming

Jan 4, 2024
I've got the Daedalron Bots mod installed, but the Mr Shakey mod link is dead and I can't find it elsewhere. My game often freezes and has to be shut down, is it due to the lack of the Mr Shakey mod and if so do you know another source for it? Also, some kind of unified list of mods and download links would be wonderful, I would love to get the most from this game but right now that's a problem because the things I need to do so are scattered about and I can't find them.

Also, is there anything else I can do to solve the problem without the Shakey mod?

Thanks.
The link to Mr Shakey's mods seem fine to me, which you can get from the original DSCS page.

https://f95zone.to/threads/defective-sexbot-chop-shop-v0-4-1-radnor.104343/post-7303586

If you have Discord, follow the link from the main page. There is a lot of good up to date info and feedback from users of both games.

Mr_Shaky

Nov 6, 2017

Thanks.
What link?

squirrel24

Game Developer
Mar 12, 2021

Thanks.
Sorry you're frustrated but I'm not sure what the problem is or how to solve it.

The link to Mr_Shaky's post about mods works and it is the best source of information about mods and modding. There are also links there to all sorts of mods including his mods. We don't know what link you are talking about that is dead.

If you're using the SR24 version of Daedalron's bots it does not depend upon other mods. If you're using the original version of Daedalron's bots it does require 'ShakyMod_parts' but when it's missing it crashes the game rather than freezing it.

Regarding the game freezing, can you tell me what platform you are using? The game tends to be sluggish and sometimes freezes briefly on Android.

Reactions: Tonyloco
Sep 3, 2018
What link?
The one listed elsewhere in either this thread or the one for the original game. Could you give me a new link here that we can be sure works? Any other mods you know that you have links to that would be awesome as well. Maybe the dev will add them to the first post sticky so that they're easily accessible?

Thanks for your time.

4.20 star(s) 5 Votes