Ren'Py Sexbot Restoration 2124 [v0.8.0] [squirrel24]

4.20 star(s) 5 Votes

leequiring

Dec 12, 2018
An option for sorting bots in storage would be nice. The same as sorting inventory, it would (should) reset their positions to eliminate empty slots.

AkiranGaming

Jan 4, 2024
Cat and Elf ears are from my mod, so I checked, but the probability of getting one is half the probability of getting a "normal" ears part, so I can only attribute your situation to bad RNG luck for you...
I think it may be that the addition of the different options skews the pool a little, just as adding mod bots changes the chances of getting a vanilla model, but in any case it is fine, just a little interesting.

squirrel24

Game Developer
Mar 12, 2021
I played a while and I have some suggestions for the gameplay first make it so you can mark all items of a tier as do not sell it's annoying having to mark items as do not sell individually if not that at least allow us to make it so the shop keeper doesn't sell our items for dirt cheap. Second you should add a repeat option for tinker/hack bots in the workshop section to make early game maintenance easier and third you should allow us more control over which missions a bot are allowed to be automatically assigned by a bot manager the easiest way I can think of to do this is to give us a small list and allow to check off what they are allowed to be assigned to. Fourth add some more random events especially to the junkyard it would make the grind a lot more enjoyable. This was a fun game to play and it has a lot of potential I wish you good luck on it.
Thanks for the suggestions, all are reasonable ideas. Most of what you are asking for is intended to reduce grind. I understand the desire and I'll put some of these on the list but they will be low priority. My first priority is to tell the story of the high school dropout and my second priority is to add things to the game. For example, when I have to choose between creating a new mission and making mission selection easier the new mission will win every time. The only two high priority grind reducing features are to have a bot role for bots to repair parts independently (like the 'Master Techie' role does for repairing bots) and to make a level 5 capsule upgrade. Repairing parts and stabilizing bots are recurring and necessary operations. Marking parts DNS is a one time event, the pain is temporary.

Your last suggestion about random events warrants additional comments. In DSCS Radnor intended random events to be done by mods. There is a template in the 'mods' folder showing how to do this. It hasn't been used much if at all for some reason, everyone wants to make bots but not random events. The example is still there in the 'mods' folder in SR24. One limitation when creating random events is that they are text only because DSCS was primarily a text based game. This doesn't fit the character of SR24 which puts pictures in wherever practical. I've thought about making picture(s) an option in mods but it's low on my list for two reasons: 1) I'm not sure how so it so it will probably take me a long time and 2) it may be a waste of time because I have no indication anyone wants to do it.

Thanks again!

squirrel24

Game Developer
Mar 12, 2021
An option for sorting bots in storage would be nice. The same as sorting inventory, it would (should) reset their positions to eliminate empty slots.
This is different from what I expected. I thought you'd ask for moving bots around in storage like you can do in capsules. I tried to do that some time ago but it proved beyond my capabilities at the time because the code structure for storage is different from capsules. Your suggestion might be simpler but I suspect people would prefer sorting so they can organize bots to their liking. Some day I may try to move bots around in storage again which I think would be preferred. Cheers!

squirrel24

Game Developer
Mar 12, 2021
I think Squirrel made a little mistake here. The Flea Market sells only parts with the "cheap" tag. But for bots, it sells bots with either the "cheap" tag, or the "nice" tag. Checked the non-mods bots, and indeed no B-rank or higher have either of those tags.
But with mods, it will depend how the mod author configured each bot. My bell curve is a bit higher than Squirrel, and most of my B-ranks have a "nice" tag, but with a low value, so they would be rare find at the flea market.
Oops, Daedalron is correct! :oops: I believe he knows the game details better than I do! :) If I was mean I'd change the game to match my mistake but I'll resist the temptation.

Stealth67

Dec 2, 2018
I can't get the new quest to spawn. I've completed everything except the night school quest and I go to the club every night but whatever trigger is supposed to happen doesn't.

squirrel24

Game Developer
Mar 12, 2021
I can't get the new quest to spawn. I've completed everything except the night school quest and I go to the club every night but whatever trigger is supposed to happen doesn't.
Finish night school. When you get into the quest you should be able to figure out why that's a requirement.

4.20 star(s) 5 Votes