Ren'Py Sexbot Restoration 2124 [v0.8.0] [squirrel24]

4.20 star(s) 5 Votes

AkiranGaming

Jan 4, 2024
A minor request:

Make it so that if your bot is in a role and a maxed out AI capsule they don't suffer destabilization. Doing anything active with them, sure, but not just doing a passive role when you've maxed their capsule. It's just a pain in the ass and feels like an uncorrected glitch more than a feature that makes sense.

A suggestion: Make it so Combat skill means something! I know you aren't wanting to make combat based gameplay, which is totally fine, what I suggest instead is random events. Basically, things like "You got mugged while you were out!" or "There was a holdup at the shop!" or "Burglars broke in during the night!" of various strengths (providing a higher potential "roll for success") and if they succeed the player loses a certain amount of cash. Combat bots would allow a "roll for defense" calculated based on how many you have and their combat skill levels and if their roll beats the attacker's success roll the result is "But your combat bots successfully repelled the attempt".

This would make having combat trained bots "on staff" important, and give a sense of realism to the "you operate in a crime-ridden dystopian shithole" aspect. This wouldn't need to affect things like the mob quests that are in the game, all you'd need to do is add a line saying "These are not small time crooks, they are serious mobsters and no matter how good your bots might be attempting to fight back against them would be signing your own death warrant." Such a line would even serve to clarify to players why fighting back in those quests isn't an option, because you wouldn't stand a chance if you tried.

Anyway, just some ideas. Thanks again for a very fun game.
If you have Discord, there is a link on the first page of this thread to join the games channel, which has places to make suggestions, report bug, get help, etc.

Reactions: squirrel24

squirrel24

Game Developer
Mar 12, 2021
A minor request:

Make it so that if your bot is in a role and a maxed out AI capsule they don't suffer destabilization. Doing anything active with them, sure, but not just doing a passive role when you've maxed their capsule. It's just a pain in the ass and feels like an uncorrected glitch more than a feature that makes sense.

A suggestion: Make it so Combat skill means something! I know you aren't wanting to make combat based gameplay, which is totally fine, what I suggest instead is random events. Basically, things like "You got mugged while you were out!" or "There was a holdup at the shop!" or "Burglars broke in during the night!" of various strengths (providing a higher potential "roll for success") and if they succeed the player loses a certain amount of cash. Combat bots would allow a "roll for defense" calculated based on how many you have and their combat skill levels and if their roll beats the attackerr's success roll the result is "But your combat bots successfully repelled the attempt".

This would make having combat trained bots "on staff" important, and give a sense of realism to the "you operate in a crime-ridden dystopian shithole" aspect. This wouldn't need to affect things like the mob quests that are in the game, all you'd need to do is add a line saying "These are not small time crooks, they are serious mobsters and no matter how good your bots might be attempting to fight back against them would be signing your own death warrant." Such a line would even serve to clarify to players why fighting back in those quests isn't an option, because you wouldn't stand a chance if you tried.

Anyway, just some ideas. Thanks again for a very fun game.
Thanks for you kind words and suggestions. :)
Sorry you get frustrated but when bots do things they become unstable. Not sure what you mean by a passive activity. If you mean roles like clerk, techie, etc. they aren't passive. You assigned the role and they do it. Instead of having to click a button every time you assigned a role. You still made the decision. Bots follow orders to the best of their ability but never do anything unless you tell them to. Even if you assign a 'bot manager' you have to tell each bot to follow the Manager's instructions.
Attempted robbery's prevented by combat bots (or failing to protect) is on my to do list, will get to it some day. They say great minds think alike! :)
An explanation for why you don't mess with the mob is a good idea. It will come but not in the next release. I have something planned but it's more than a one line thing. Wish I could do everything at once!

Reactions: MasterDk78

workinstiff077

Feb 6, 2020
I did a quick "SR24 getting started guide" on the basic screen, options, and some basic gameplay tips.
No storyline stuff, no terrible spoilers (a few minor hints); mostly a general idea of what every button does.
Might help if you're starting out, likely useless for anyone who has played for a while already.

Nice starter guide, without giving too much away.
I'd add / make some adjustments though; suggestions below. Can trim it if it feels too wordy.
Explanations may help new players that don't understand the mechanics.

Player Skills - Computer / Electronics / Mechanics - do note, you get some player XP on these skills when you "work". The rates seem to be quite random, and which skills get points is also random; but the numbers here can be quite good. This may be faster overall than doing repairs, as repair XP is heavily tied to how much (% integrity) you actually repair. Just costs a lot of AP (min 3 AP per time slot, excl. night).

Bot Skills - actually, referencing an earlier thread I saw debating this, note that the player can train until the bot's skill is at least one grade higher than his current skill (i.e., if player has "D" social, can train up through "D", up to "C"). This means that 1) you only really need up to "A" skill on the 5 primary skills you can train bots on, to get them to "S"; and 2) it is entirely possible to get lucky at low skill levels and jump clear over the player's reference point (e.g., a player at "E" sex skill, can optimize parts to get a very large single training / event that pushes a bot starting at "E" or less, up to "D", "C", or even "B" depending on the RNG numbers). Perhaps more important than the total XP references for "A" grade, important to know that the threshold to hit "C" grade on skills is around ~8k-9k XP or so. "B" is around ~20k.

Flea Market / Bots - I believe on rare occasions, it is possible to get a "B" grade chassis. You'll notice it usually because of the price (usually offered at around $40-50k). Side note: the bot selection spread isn't actually based on the bot's grade, but on the loot tag instead. If using a modded game, this might increase / decrease the frequency of "B" tier bots. *Errata: confirm per Squirrel's reply below, vanilla SR24 doesn't have "B" tier "cheap" bots.

Last, on the "getting started" portion, some items to add/clarify.

- Gray Market BBS - I'd highly recommend new players spend time with this, getting familiar with the different offers and requirements there. Worth pointing out to new players, since it's kind of buried (the actual request board is 4 screens away from the "home" screen). Even on easier difficulties, getting ANYWHERE without being savvy on this feature (or trying to play the game without it), makes the game extremely tough.
--- Most important bit about the BBS, interactions here don't cost you AP. This is a big deal, especially early game, as this is a limited resource.
--- It's entirely possible (and profitable) to "flip parts" (e.g., buy a part on one request, and sell it on another). Good early game tactic. Standard part buy opps will buy grades B-E, and there is a price cap. Pristine parts are worth a lot more (try checking the price diff between an 80% part and a 100% part). Not recommended for CPUs and powercores due to higher player "buy" prices.
--- Though I don't like the powercore "trade" post, early on it is worth checking to see if they are offering the tier "C" core. Have a couple Atlas i2 ("D" tier) processors to trade for them. Skip the other core offers.
--- It's also really important to know what kinds of attributes are desired on the "bot buy" requests, as these are the fastest ticket to real money gains (and getting better bots / upgrading your shop). For new players, need to know that it's almost impossible in game to see a bot BBS request, and then try to make the bot for it, before the listing disappears; so you kind of have to pre-make the bots for when the requests show up. Can be frustrating if you're constantly chasing requests, just to never make the deadline.

- MANAGE YOUR AP. It's a limited resource; and you'll never have enough. Don't waste it if you can.
--- Leaving the Shop - make sure to plan your trips out. Early on, the 1 AP cost just to leave the shop, adds up real fast if you make a lot of small trips, for one-off transactions.
--- Swapping Parts on Bots - do note, it takes 1 AP to swap a part on a bot. Try not to do this casually, as this can add up fast.
--- Look for ways to get "free AP": either literally extra AP, or free functions that generate advantage. Housekeepers, workouts, master techies, capsule upgrades, and more, are all strong suggestions.
--- Under ideal conditions, in-game max is 56 AP per day.
----- 14 AP per time slot max. 4 time slots in a day (morn/after/even/night).
----- Breaks down into 5 AP base, 5 AP housekeep, and 4 AP workout. Shows as 14/9 on counter (housekeeping counts as overage).

- Salvage Yard - this is the overall best place to just "get stuff", since it doesn't cost you any money, just AP; and it is possible to get REALLY good stuff here too.
--- At least on the base game, you can literally get anything - any tier part, and any tier bot. You can salvage bots with skills on rare occasions.
--- Any bot coming out of the salvage yard will be "broken" (at least one piece at 0% integrity). Sometimes really broken. You will need to have spare parts to fix these.
--- You don't need capsule space to pull bots from salvage, just storage rack space. The text prompt in-game doesn't clarify this; so if you keep salvaging once your capsules are full (but storage racks have space), you'll continue to find bots as well. Racks cost 3 AP and $5000 for 6 bot slots. Good deal, especially early on.
--- Though it breaks my heart to do this, early game, you may want to shred a few salvaged chassis to get some bulk spare parts. Salvaging a chassis, and then dismantling it, costs just 2 AP total; this can yield a decent haul of parts (as many as 7+). Unfortunately, there's no way to just remove a part, so you can't quite "strip" a good chassis of its good parts and replace them later. You can also do this to a cheap flea market bot or two if you just want excess parts for swaps.

- Bots and Roles - plan on having bots around to help you do things. While selling bots is important for making cash, you don't want to sell every last working bot that passes into your shop.
--- Housekeeper bots are a big deal at all points in the game, as they offer extra AP. May require some maintenance (i.e., stability).
--- Bedroom Toy - make sure to have at least one of these, as this helps player mood and sex XP.
--- Techies - make sure you have at least one here, as they help give better rates to your parts repairs; and they have a chance to gain elec / mech XP too.
--- Master Techies - Added as of 0.6.1, these are extremely useful. Depending on stats, will perform 1-3 repairs on bots in capsules (not storage) each time slot (except night). This includes: repairing part integrity, removing part defects, and fixing part slots if damaged. High requirement threshold to get online though.
--- Shopkeepers - passive income by running your shop for you. They can sell parts too (although I don't like using this feature, since the parts sold are randomly chosen, up to a certain tier).

- Workouts - this is a feature added by Squirrel in SR24. Some have previously debated whether this is useful or not. By my math, and confirming against the code, there's no question - this is ABSOLUTELY WORTH the cost. However, you need to understand HOW the mechanic works to get the best payout for investment here.
--- Working out introduces some new stats to the game, Strength and Stamina. The stats themselves aren't that important, other than that you want them to level up. They follow the same skill XP scale as the others.
--- You NEED to buy/invest in the workout equipment to get anywhere with this. Make sure you have extra money for this.
--- Early game, other than the initial use to unlock the equipment sales (*do this early), you don't need to pour AP into the actual workouts; early game payout is super low. Definitely don't double-workout early on. However, by about the 3rd or 4th week, and after you have some equipment, make sure to start building this up. Each piece of workout equip you buy increases your XP gain multiplier; so the more gear you have, the faster you gain XP. And, once you start, don't skip days. Once a day is good enough.
--- Once you purchase the home gym, the workout AP cost goes up to 2 AP per session. Just be aware of this.
--- The overall reward for building up the workout feature is more AP - you can get up to +4 AP per time period (so up to +16 AP per day) once maxed. Bonus AP is dependent on your current STR + STA grades. Even the first bonus level more than pays for the workout "maintenance cost" each day, with +4 AP per day.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:

squirrel24

Game Developer
Mar 12, 2021
I'd add / make some adjustments though; suggestions below. Can trim it if it feels too wordy.

Player Skills - Computer / Electronics / Mechanics - do note, you get some player XP on these skills when you "work". The rates seem to be quite random, and which skills get points is also random; but the numbers here can be quite good. This may be faster overall than doing repairs, as repair XP is heavily tied to how much (% integrity) you actually repair. Just costs a lot of AP (min 3 AP per time slot, excl. night).

Bot Skills - actually, referencing an earlier thread I saw debating this, note that the player can train until the bot's skill is at least one grade higher than his current skill (i.e., if player has "D" social, can train up through "D", up to "C"). This means that 1) you only really need up to "A" skill on the 5 primary skills you can train bots on, to get them to "S"; and 2) it is entirely possible to get lucky at low skill levels and jump clear over the player's reference point (e.g., a player at "E" sex skill, can optimize parts to get a very large single training / event that pushes a bot starting at "E" or less, up to "D", "C", or even "B" depending on the RNG numbers). Perhaps more important than the total XP references for "A" grade, important to know that the threshold to hit "C" grade on skills is around ~8k-9k XP or so. "B" is around ~20k.

Flea Market / Bots - I believe on rare occasions, it is possible to get a "B" grade chassis. You'll notice it usually because of the price (usually offered at around $40-50k). Side note: the bot selection spread isn't actually based on the bot's grade, but on the loot tag instead. If using a modded game, this might increase / decrease the frequency of "B" tier bots.

Last, on the "getting started" portion, some items to add/clarify.

- Gray Market BBS - I'd highly recommend new players spend time with this, getting familiar with the different offers and requirements there. Worth pointing out to new players, since it's kind of buried (the actual request board is 4 screens away from the "home" screen). Even on easier difficulties, getting ANYWHERE without being savvy on this feature (or trying to play the game without it), makes the game extremely tough.
--- Most important bit about the BBS, interactions here don't cost you AP. This is a big deal, especially early game, as this is a limited resource.
--- It's entirely possible (and profitable) to "flip parts" (e.g., buy a part on one request, and sell it on another). Good early game tactic. Standard part buy opps will buy grades B-E, and there is a price cap. Pristine parts are worth a lot more (try checking the price diff between an 80% part and a 100% part). Not recommended for CPUs and powercores due to higher player "buy" prices.
--- Though I don't like the powercore "trade" post, early on it is worth checking to see if they are offering the tier "C" core. Have a couple Atlas i2 ("D" tier) processors to trade for them. Skip the other core offers.
--- It's also really important to know what kinds of attributes are desired on the "bot buy" requests, as these are the fastest ticket to real money gains (and getting better bots / upgrading your shop). For new players, need to know that it's almost impossible in game to see a bot BBS request, and then try to make the bot for it, before the listing disappears; so you kind of have to pre-make the bots for when the requests show up. Can be frustrating if you're constantly chasing requests, just to never make the deadline.

- MANAGE YOUR AP. It's a limited resource; and you'll never have enough. Don't waste it if you can.
--- Leaving the Shop - make sure to plan your trips out. Early on, the 1 AP cost just to leave the shop, adds up real fast if you make a lot of small trips, for one-off transactions.
--- Swapping Parts on Bots - do note, it takes 1 AP to swap a part on a bot. Try not to do this casually, as this can add up fast.
--- Look for ways to get "free AP": either literally extra AP, or free functions that generate advantage. Housekeepers, workouts, master techies, capsule upgrades, and more, are all strong suggestions.
--- Under ideal conditions, in-game max is 56 AP per day.
----- 14 AP per time slot max. 4 time slots in a day (morn/after/even/night).
----- Breaks down into 5 AP base, 5 AP housekeep, and 4 AP workout. Shows as 14/9 on counter (housekeeping counts as overage).

- Salvage Yard - this is the overall best place to just "get stuff", since it doesn't cost you any money, just AP; and it is possible to get REALLY good stuff here too.
--- At least on the base game, you can literally get anything - any tier part, and any tier bot. You can salvage bots with skills on rare occasions.
--- Any bot coming out of the salvage yard will be "broken" (at least one piece at 0% integrity). Sometimes really broken. You will need to have spare parts to fix these.
--- You don't need capsule space to pull bots from salvage, just storage rack space. The text prompt in-game doesn't clarify this; so if you keep salvaging once your capsules are full (but storage racks have space), you'll continue to find bots as well. Racks cost 3 AP and $5000 for 6 bot slots. Good deal, especially early on.
--- Though it breaks my heart to do this, early game, you may want to shred a few salvaged chassis to get some bulk spare parts. Salvaging a chassis, and then dismantling it, costs just 2 AP total; this can yield a decent haul of parts (as many as 7+). Unfortunately, there's no way to just remove a part, so you can't quite "strip" a good chassis of its good parts and replace them later. You can also do this to a cheap flea market bot or two if you just want excess parts for swaps.

- Bots and Roles - plan on having bots around to help you do things. While selling bots is important for making cash, you don't want to sell every last working bot that passes into your shop.
--- Housekeeper bots are a big deal at all points in the game, as they offer extra AP. May require some maintenance (i.e., stability).
--- Bedroom Toy - make sure to have at least one of these, as this helps player mood and sex XP.
--- Techies - make sure you have at least one here, as they help give better rates to your parts repairs; and they have a chance to gain elec / mech XP too.
--- Master Techies - Added as of 0.6.1, these are extremely useful. Depending on stats, will perform 1-3 repairs on bots in capsules (not storage) each time slot (except night). This includes: repairing part integrity, removing part defects, and fixing part slots if damaged. High requirement threshold to get online though.
--- Shopkeepers - passive income by running your shop for you. They can sell parts too (although I don't like using this feature, since the parts sold are randomly chosen, up to a certain tier).

- Workouts - this is a feature added by Squirrel in SR24. Some have previously debated whether this is useful or not. By my math, and confirming against the code, there's no question - this is ABSOLUTELY WORTH the cost. However, you need to understand HOW the mechanic works to get the best payout for investment here.
--- Working out introduces some new stats to the game, Strength and Stamina. The stats themselves aren't that important, other than that you want them to level up. They follow the same skill XP scale as the others.
--- You NEED to buy/invest in the workout equipment to get anywhere with this. Make sure you have extra money for this.
--- Early game, other than the initial use to unlock the equipment sales (*do this early), you don't need to pour AP into the actual workouts; early game payout is super low. Definitely don't double-workout early on. However, by about the 3rd or 4th week, and after you have some equipment, make sure to start building this up. Each piece of workout equip you buy increases your XP gain multiplier; so the more gear you have, the faster you gain XP. And, once you start, don't skip days. Once a day is good enough.
--- Once you purchase the home gym, the workout AP cost goes up to 2 AP per session. Just be aware of this.
--- The overall reward for building up the workout feature is more AP - you can get up to +4 AP per time period (so up to +16 AP per day) once maxed. Bonus AP is dependent on your current STR + STA grades. Even the first bonus level more than pays for the workout "maintenance cost" each day, with +4 AP per day.

Hope this helps.
Good stuff, thanks!

I'd like to make a comment about guides like this. When you play with mods your observations may be based upon the mods rather than the 'vanilla' game. For example, the comment about 'B' bots at the flea market. The flea market sells 'cheap' bots so if a mod labels a 'B' bot as 'cheap' it's available at the flea market. In 'vanilla' SR24 there are no 'B' bots labeled 'cheap' so they will never show up at the flea market. Bot labels are selected by the mod author, they typically include multiple labels on a bot, and there are no restrictions on what labels you can apply to a bot regardless of their characteristics. All of this means when 'workinstiff077' says "I believe on rare occasions it is possible to get a 'B' level chassis." about the flea market I know he is using bot mods that make this possible. If you do not use any bot mods this will never happen. I am not blaming 'workinstiff077', there is no way they could know this unless they read the source code. I'm only saying this so people don't get frustrated when a guide includes information that they believe is incorrect. For people writing guides, you might preface them with a list of the mods you use to give people a clue that what you say may be based upon a mod. Just trying to avoid confusion and controversy. Cheers!

Reactions: Saint Blackmoor

Sleeping In Pieces

Mar 16, 2019
You can replace a salvaged bot's high end parts with lower end parts though. One reason to keep a steady supply of D or even E tier parts on hand.
Also, be on the lookout for A and S tier parts. Keep them for yourself. Swap them into a bot to speed up training, then swap them out for lower end parts before selling the bot.

AkiranGaming

Jan 4, 2024
You can replace a salvaged bot's high end parts with lower end parts though. One reason to keep a steady supply of D or even E tier parts on hand.
Also, be on the lookout for A and S tier parts. Keep them for yourself. Swap them into a bot to speed up training, then swap them out for lower end parts before selling the bot.
I agree about keeping A and S tier parts for yourself, particularly for training and personal bots, but higher level parts can have an effect on the price, so may not always want to put low end parts in bots you sell.

I've always been curious, if selling low quality parts effected reputation in some way and could effect how much you could get in the future based on past sales, essentially word of mouth that buyers are giving your store a rating on the quality of stuff you sell.

squirrel24

Game Developer
Mar 12, 2021
I agree about keeping A and S tier parts for yourself, particularly for training and personal bots, but higher level parts can have an effect on the price, so may not always want to put low end parts in bots you sell.

I've always been curious, if selling low quality parts effected reputation in some way and could effect how much you could get in the future based on past sales, essentially word of mouth that buyers are giving your store a rating on the quality of stuff you sell.
Interesting idea! Not right now but maybe in the future.

As of now reputations don't do anything. In the future I will make them have a small affect on the prices you get when selling things. You've given me the idea that people notice what parts you put into the bot and your reputation is affected appropriately! Thanks!

AkiranGaming

Jan 4, 2024
Interesting idea! Not right now but maybe in the future.

As of now reputations don't do anything. In the future I will make them have a small affect on the prices you get when selling things. You've given me the idea that people notice what parts you put into the bot and your reputation is affected appropriately! Thanks!
It is funny, when playing with mods, I'm getting a lot more cat and elf ears than regular ones, so end up having to use them to finish a bot. Assuming it doesn't already, but having logic to know the difference would be nice.

squirrel24

Game Developer
Mar 12, 2021
It is funny, when playing with mods, I'm getting a lot more cat and elf ears than regular ones, so end up having to use them to finish a bot. Assuming it doesn't already, but having logic to know the difference would be nice.
Actually there is no difference within the game; ears are ears regardless of their descriptions. I realize this is a little strange but trying to create two different types of ears would break mods. My goal is to prevent breaking mods. I caused a lot of trouble in the initial release of SR24 when I did things that broke mods and had to undo them in the second version. Later I caused trouble when I created vagina and penis rather than a single genitals. Unless there's a really, really good reason I don't plan to do anything like that again! :)

The frequency of obtaining parts is set by their properties in the .json file that creates them. If the cat and elf ears have higher settings than the ears in 'vanilla' SR24 they show up more frequently. The game uses mods as written, there are no 'mod police' built into the game enforcing any rules. :) The only 'mod police' are game players who decide which mods to use. If you know how to edit .json files you can change the settings in mods to make them more to your liking.

workinstiff077

Feb 6, 2020
Good stuff, thanks!

I'd like to make a comment about guides like this. When you play with mods your observations may be based upon the mods rather than the 'vanilla' game. For example, the comment about 'B' bots at the flea market. The flea market sells 'cheap' bots so if a mod labels a 'B' bot as 'cheap' it's available at the flea market. In 'vanilla' SR24 there are no 'B' bots labeled 'cheap' so they will never show up at the flea market. Bot labels are selected by the mod author, they typically include multiple labels on a bot, and there are no restrictions on what labels you can apply to a bot regardless of their characteristics. All of this means when 'workinstiff077' says "I believe on rare occasions it is possible to get a 'B' level chassis." about the flea market I know he is using bot mods that make this possible. If you do not use any bot mods this will never happen. I am not blaming 'workinstiff077', there is no way they could know this unless they read the source code. I'm only saying this so people don't get frustrated when a guide includes information that they believe is incorrect. For people writing guides, you might preface them with a list of the mods you use to give people a clue that what you say may be based upon a mod. Just trying to avoid confusion and controversy. Cheers!

@ Squirrel24 - Good catch; and apologies on my mistake. Correct, I mostly play modded; and mods I have do include "B" tier bots with the "cheap" tag. Probably where I saw this from. Did a recheck on the code to verify.

squirrel24

Game Developer
Mar 12, 2021
@ Squirrel24 - Good catch; and apologies on my mistake. Correct, I mostly play modded; and mods I have do include "B" tier bots with the "cheap" tag. Probably where I saw this from. Did a recheck on the code to verify.
No worries, it's not a problem at all and the information is good. Most people use mods and would not have a problem. Cheers!

ertdfg313

Dec 1, 2019

*snip*
All of this is good information. I don't see anything there I'd disagree with; and several things I got... not entirely correct.
I may spend some time reviewing the guide and see if I want to do a new version... I might; but mostly I was just trying to get a "where is everything, and what do these button do" sort of guide.
Once a guide gets too lengthy it gets skimmed at best.

The grinding skills, "work" vs repairing for electronic in particular... I was thinking later game.
But you are correct that early on Work is better. A lot better in reality.
At an A skill trying for S, the "work" option for electronics is worse than repairing; but at F,E,D skills Work is better (I had forgotten, or had played too much late game recently).

The Salvage yard is both heavily RNG based, and heavily difficulty based.
I mostly play hardcore anymore and ignore it (as spending 5-7 AP to get nothing at all is a disappointment, and common).
But I do recall on Easy/Normal it was very lucrative and even on Hard it was worth giving it some effort.
Oh, and a tip on broken bots from the yard, either CPU or Powercore will always (as I recall) be broken, and it does random damage to any part until it destroys one of those two (which can take out many other pieces before one of those two go).
If a CPU is missing, they'll never have skills; otherwise there's a (not bad) chance of something.

Several points you made I know, and was a bit saddened/surprised when i learned; but I didn't add to my guide (you cannot remove a part, only swap parts on a bot for example). It might be of value to redo the guide just for that sort of missed info.

But everything in your comment is entirely correct based on what I know; and worth knowing.

One thing I will point out (as I tested it but didn't mention; and it's a nice tip I wasn't sure about).
Doing repairs with and without a handful of techies?
The same repair gives you the same XP; your assistant bots do not "cost" you any XP.
So more techies will help you skill up faster (as you do more repairs per AP). There is no downside to having a techie, ever.
A master techie might do repairs you wanted to do, and you get no XP; but the assistant techies are pure benefit.

workinstiff077

Feb 6, 2020
All of this is good information. I don't see anything there I'd disagree with; and several things I got... not entirely correct.
I may spend some time reviewing the guide and see if I want to do a new version... I might; but mostly I was just trying to get a "where is everything, and what do these button do" sort of guide.
Once a guide gets too lengthy it gets skimmed at best.

The grinding skills, "work" vs repairing for electronic in particular... I was thinking later game.
But you are correct that early on Work is better. A lot better in reality.
At an A skill trying for S, the "work" option for electronics is worse than repairing; but at F,E,D skills Work is better (I had forgotten, or had played too much late game recently).

The Salvage yard is both heavily RNG based, and heavily difficulty based.
I mostly play hardcore anymore and ignore it (as spending 5-7 AP to get nothing at all is a disappointment, and common).
But I do recall on Easy/Normal it was very lucrative and even on Hard it was worth giving it some effort.
Oh, and a tip on broken bots from the yard, either CPU or Powercore will always (as I recall) be broken, and it does random damage to any part until it destroys one of those two (which can take out many other pieces before one of those two go).
If a CPU is missing, they'll never have skills; otherwise there's a (not bad) chance of something.

Several points you made I know, and was a bit saddened/surprised when i learned; but I didn't add to my guide (you cannot remove a part, only swap parts on a bot for example). It might be of value to redo the guide just for that sort of missed info.

But everything in your comment is entirely correct based on what I know; and worth knowing.

One thing I will point out (as I tested it but didn't mention; and it's a nice tip I wasn't sure about).
Doing repairs with and without a handful of techies?
The same repair gives you the same XP; your assistant bots do not "cost" you any XP.
So more techies will help you skill up faster (as you do more repairs per AP). There is no downside to having a techie, ever.
A master techie might do repairs you wanted to do, and you get no XP; but the assistant techies are pure benefit.

@ ertdfg313 - no problem. Concur, lengthy guides tend to scare away people. Not sure why... -__-

I tried adding input based on a few considerations:
- Most new players will probably play on "Easy" or "Normal", which is where I prefer to play mostly.
- I tried to note things based on the first 30 days or so in-game, since I tend to restart a lot, fiddling with mods / combinations.
- Most casual players won't struggle too hard if a game is difficult to figure out initially. They might putter around for a few hours, get a week or two in-game deep, feel like they're lost, and just quit. Or, get real pissed at chasing something because they didn't understand it, and write the whole thing off as a loss. These same players may look at the game differently though, if you let them know upfront the effort toward certain featured things, is totally worth it / changes the game experience; or to avoid certain bad habits.
--- Best example here, as counter-intuitive as it is in real life, is to not be too quick to finish paying down that initial debt. Sure, interest sucks, but you need time to get your shop up and running.

RE: Salvage Yard - I agree that a sign that says "your mileage may vary" should probably be added. Note, I save-scum / reroll a lot, so there's that aspect as well. Agreed, per Radnor/Squirrel's code, on salvage bots, the powercore and/or the CPU will be broken, along with any number of other parts. CPU must be intact for a bot to have a chance at free skills; and the CPU has the highest chance of being busted. Did a salvage run, where I got three bots in a row with only two working parts apiece...this happens too.

On higher diffs, the flea market may be a better way to guarantee a bot baseline for early repairs and sales. At least you're guaranteed a bot for 1 AP, even if you have to pay money too / cuts into profits.

RE: Techies and Repairs - yeah, I love techies too (a shirt for that would be funny!). The helper techies just have a chance to get bonus XP, which is cool. As much as I up-sell the master techies, it is worth the mention that they don't give the player any XP for their repairs, though the bots often get XP themselves. Might be worth a mention, with master techies on team, you may have to hide damaged bots in storage if you want to save their repairs for later XP.

Overall, I'm glad you made the guide though.

I feel like the game is complex enough, where it's worth having a guide to get new (and even some middling) players something to reference, if they have any questions on game mechanics, or some tips/tricks to get started. Speaking from a lifetime of experience as a casual gamer, nothing breaks interest in a game faster for me, than getting frustrated with some bit of the game mechanic that I think is buggy, unfair, unbalanced, or just not intuitive. I'll struggle with it for a while, try to understand it and adjust (or fix if I can, e.g. mods); but once I trip my threshold, I toss the whole thing and rarely look back. If a 15-20 minute read of a guide saves me from that end, well, I'd call that worth it.

And, it's not exactly like this is the kind of content where people can/will post YouTube guides...I mean, there is PornHub, buuut...

squirrel24

Game Developer
Mar 12, 2021
Version 0.8.0 of SR24 was posted, they are fast! If you don't want to wait for the moderator to update page 1 you can get it from the links in my signature.

This version advances the story line with a new quest called 'Good Neighbor' set in your 'Neighborhood' which is a new location in the game. There are other small changes you can find in the change log installed with the game or in the information link.

I want to thank people who made suggestions, some of them are implemented in this version. I also want to thank the testers who helped me get this one ready, much appreciated!

Note: The 'Freelancer' quest still cannot be completed. When it's the only active quest in the 'Journal' you've seen all the current content.

Last edited:

Komodia

Jan 14, 2022
Version 0.8.0 of SR24 will be posted soon. If you don't want to wait for the moderator to update page 1 you can get it from the links in my signature.

This version advances the story line with a new quest called 'Good Neighbor' set in your 'Neighborhood' which is a new location in the game. There are other small changes you can find in the change log installed with the game or in the information link.

I want to thank people who made suggestions, some of them are implemented in this version. I also want to thank the testers who helped me get this one ready, much appreciated!

Note: The 'Freelancer' quest still cannot be completed. When it's the only active quest in the 'Journal' you've seen all the current content.
Woot woot, time for a new run :D

bitsybobs3

Ultimate Torrent Dude
Donor
Jun 13, 2021
SexbotRestoration2124-0.8
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
rpdl torrents are unaffiliated with F95Zone and the game developer.
Please note that we do not provide support for games.
For torrent-related issues use here, or join us on !
, . Downloading issues? Look here.​

Daedalron

Oct 19, 2018
Cat and Elf ears are from my mod, so I checked, but the probability of getting one is half the probability of getting a "normal" ears part, so I can only attribute your situation to bad RNG luck for you...

Daedalron

Oct 19, 2018
I think Squirrel made a little mistake here. The Flea Market sells only parts with the "cheap" tag. But for bots, it sells bots with either the "cheap" tag, or the "nice" tag. Checked the non-mods bots, and indeed no B-rank or higher have either of those tags.
But with mods, it will depend how the mod author configured each bot. My bell curve is a bit higher than Squirrel, and most of my B-ranks have a "nice" tag, but with a low value, so they would be rare find at the flea market.

Reactions: squirrel24

Bob69

Uploading the World
Uploader
Donor
Compressor
Mar 2, 2019
Sexbot Restoration 2124 [v0.8.0] [squirrel24] - Compressed

Win/Linux [268 MB]
- - - -

Mac [243 MB]
- - - -

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

StarlessNight

May 2, 2023
I played a while and I have some suggestions for the gameplay first make it so you can mark all items of a tier as do not sell it's annoying having to mark items as do not sell individually if not that at least allow us to make it so the shop keeper doesn't sell our items for dirt cheap. Second you should add a repeat option for tinker/hack bots in the workshop section to make early game maintenance easier and third you should allow us more control over which missions a bot are allowed to be automatically assigned by a bot manager the easiest way I can think of to do this is to give us a small list and allow to check off what they are allowed to be assigned to. Fourth add some more random events especially to the junkyard it would make the grind a lot more enjoyable. This was a fun game to play and it has a lot of potential I wish you good luck on it.

4.20 star(s) 5 Votes