Ren'Py Sexbot Restoration 2124 [v0.8.0] [squirrel24]

4.20 star(s) 5 Votes
Sep 3, 2018
Sorry you're frustrated but I'm not sure what the problem is or how to solve it.

The link to Mr_Shaky's post about mods works and it is the best source of information about mods and modding. There are also links there to all sorts of mods including his mods. We don't know what link you are talking about that is dead.

If you're using the SR24 version of Daedalron's bots it does not depend upon other mods. If you're using the original version of Daedalron's bots it does require 'ShakyMod_parts' but when it's missing it crashes the game rather than freezing it.

Regarding the game freezing, can you tell me what platform you are using? The game tends to be sluggish and sometimes freezes briefly on Android.
Somehow, and I'm not sure why yet, the problem solved itself --at least until I tried to mod two of the bots in the .json file for Daedalron's mod and screwed something up. Now I need to re-download a fresh copy and install it, moving the one I broke to the side until I can figure out what I did wrong.

What is confusing me is that the error message I'm getting is that it doesn't find "bot iris" and that's not one of the ones I fiddled with! Unless I did it by accident... oh well, that's the price of tinkering when you're not exactly a skilled coder and just trying to figure out how to do things based on what's there.

Anyhow, thanks for an awesome game!

squirrel24

Game Developer
Mar 12, 2021
Somehow, and I'm not sure why yet, the problem solved itself --at least until I tried to mod two of the bots in the .json file for Daedalron's mod and screwed something up. Now I need to re-download a fresh copy and install it, moving the one I broke to the side until I can figure out what I did wrong.

What is confusing me is that the error message I'm getting is that it doesn't find "bot iris" and that's not one of the ones I fiddled with! Unless I did it by accident... oh well, that's the price of tinkering when you're not exactly a skilled coder and just trying to figure out how to do things based on what's there.

Anyhow, thanks for an awesome game!
Glad you got the link thing working.

Editing .json files is tricky, the syntax needs to be perfect. Usually when the error message doesn't involve the thing you were changing it means that you missed a comma or something like that and it changes the meaning of the code entirely. When I'm working on the game the strangest error messages occur when I open a quote to display text on screen but forget to close it.

Too late now but whenever you edit a mod you should make a copy of it first and put it in a safe place so you can try again!

Reactions: Tonyloco

Mr_Shaky

Nov 6, 2017
The one listed elsewhere in either this thread or the one for the original game. Could you give me a new link here that we can be sure works? Any other mods you know that you have links to that would be awesome as well. Maybe the dev will add them to the first post sticky so that they're easily accessible?

Thanks for your time.
I'm sorry, but I'm not going to go searching through two threads searching for a dead link unless you can tell me where it actually is.

I've checked the link in the OP of both threads and they work, and my links in the mods post work.
I'm not going to search further than that unless you can tell me exactly where it is, and if it's on one of my posts. If it's not, I can't do anything about it anyways.

Sep 3, 2018
Glad you got the link thing working.

Editing .json files is tricky, the syntax needs to be perfect. Usually when the error message doesn't involve the thing you were changing it means that you missed a comma or something like that and it changes the meaning of the code entirely. When I'm working on the game the strangest error messages occur when I open a quote to display text on screen but forget to close it.

Too late now but whenever you edit a mod you should make a copy of it first and put it in a safe place so you can try again!
Yeah, I should have known better. I normally do but I got complacent this time and it bit me on the ass. Fortunately putting the original mod file back in the folder and moving mine out fixed the issue and I didn't lose the save. I had Tifa AND Aeris! I would have cried if I lost them. It was them I was trying to change in the first place, I think Tifa should be a combo combat and sex bot while Aeris also should have sex in her repertoire. I also bumped Tifa up to S rank as I feel she deserves.

If I get them working, should I post the code here for my versions in case anyone wants to use them?

squirrel24

Game Developer
Mar 12, 2021
The one listed elsewhere in either this thread or the one for the original game. Could you give me a new link here that we can be sure works? Any other mods you know that you have links to that would be awesome as well. Maybe the dev will add them to the first post sticky so that they're easily accessible?

Thanks for your time.
Mr_Shaky is right, unless you can say which link you're using that is broken no one will help you.

If you want mod information follow the link in the developer notes on page 1 of SR24 which leads to the original DSCS game's page on F95Zone. From there use the "Mods" link for that game. The reason it is this way is that the information is about mods for DSCS which is what Mr_Shaky created and allowed me to reference. Most mods also work on SR24 but there are exceptions. Information about known exceptions is in the readme for SR24 which is always available in the signature of my posts on F95Zone. This information is sparse because developing SR24 takes precedence over fiddling around with mods.

Sep 3, 2018
Mr_Shaky is right, unless you can say which link you're using that is broken no one will help you.

If you want mod information follow the link in the developer notes on page 1 of SR24 which leads to the original DSCS game's page on F95Zone. From there use the "Mods" link for that game. The reason it is this way is that the information is about mods for DSCS which is what Mr_Shaky created and allowed me to reference. Most mods also work on SR24 but there are exceptions. Information about known exceptions is in the readme for SR24 which is always available in the signature of my posts on F95Zone. This information is sparse because developing SR24 takes precedence over fiddling around with mods.
Much appreciated, I'll look there for stuff. As to the broken link, I don't remember exactly where it was either so I suppose don't worry about it, you told me the right place to go for what I need and that's what's important. I look forward to experiencing some new mods!

As to my silly issue with the mod code I made, I'll post it here under spoiler and if you feel like it you can give me your opinion and if you see anything blatant I need to correct you might be so kind as to let me know?

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

If they can be fixed, or if anyone wants to copy my work and fix it themselves for use in their game, I'd be happy to see anyone make use of them. And if I can get down how to do well at coding bots, I might add some more and make a little mod package of my own.

AkiranGaming

Jan 4, 2024
Much appreciated, I'll look there for stuff. As to the broken link, I don't remember exactly where it was either so I suppose don't worry about it, you told me the right place to go for what I need and that's what's important. I look forward to experiencing some new mods!

As to my silly issue with the mod code I made, I'll post it here under spoiler and if you feel like it you can give me your opinion and if you see anything blatant I need to correct you might be so kind as to let me know?

If they can be fixed, or if anyone wants to copy my work and fix it themselves for use in their game, I'd be happy to see anyone make use of them. And if I can get down how to do well at coding bots, I might add some more and make a little mod package of my own.
As mentioned previously, the most common issues are typos and mismatched [, ], {, }, ". Another common issue is dependencies, where you call a part from a mod that you may not have installed. What mods have you installed and what current issues are you having, if any?

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018

Not sure which tool you are useing for editing, but in my experience Notepad++ is the best tool to do so with such json files as it points out such small errors easily

AkiranGaming

Jan 4, 2024
Yeah, I should have known better. I normally do but I got complacent this time and it bit me on the ass. Fortunately putting the original mod file back in the folder and moving mine out fixed the issue and I didn't lose the save. I had Tifa AND Aeris! I would have cried if I lost them. It was them I was trying to change in the first place, I think Tifa should be a combo combat and sex bot while Aeris also should have sex in her repertoire. I also bumped Tifa up to S rank as I feel she deserves.

If I get them working, should I post the code here for my versions in case anyone wants to use them?
I just notice that one of the reasons you were trying to update the bot mods was to add combat and sex traits to their repertoire. Did you realize that those traits are possible for any bot just from training? It is random, but you will often find a bot will get the various traits during training, so just keep training them.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Darth_Meow_504

Mr_Shaky

Nov 6, 2017

First thing I noticed is that there's no opening "{". Don't know if you missed copying it.

You've got a tuple that you didn't close.
["bot_sex",(6000,90000],

Tonyloco

Aug 11, 2020
OK I´m going to share my secret tip to get those traits for you favorite Sex bots, this includes saving scumming so be careful and make sure to have a save previous messing around with your Sex bots.

Lets say you want to get either the combat or sex trait with a particular bot or even make it a +1 or +2 After playing this game several times I know the best way to do so.

Its all on the PsychoCore stability the less stability you have the more likely the Sex bot can gain Sex Smart for example but it also works the same for Sex Dumb, this happens when they either do any mission or roles that gives them experience to the related trait you want to gain.

So this is what I usually do when I want to get a Sex bot to get any or in most cases several of the Smart traits.

1.- Save to make sure I have a game to go back in case I mess up.
2.- get the core stability to Unstable/0%.
3.- save the game and then train the Sex Bot in the skill I want her to gain that particular trait, with the PsychoCore at 0 you a big chance to have your Sex Bot to gain the Smart or Dumb trait.
4.- if I don´t get the smart or get the dumb trait after the training I just load to the step 3 and try again, you can get it after a few tries, and this can be used for all the traits for the same Sex bot.
5.- if your sex Bot already has the smart trait and you keep doing this or have it doing missions or actions that get them experience towards this trait there´s a similar chance that they will get points to that trait something that will look like this ( Combat Smart Level:20)
6.- if you keep gaining points once it reaches 100 it will gain a+ to the trait Something like Sex Smart+ and it can be done up to ++ or in this case Sex Smart ++)

Now a few comments and personal opinions I don´t recommend do teach too many traits to your bot at least in the begging using this trick (I usually only use it with 1 or 2 Sex bots each with a hard to get experience or useful trait like combat and Social, and only one with Mechanics and electronics)

Why? well in my personal experience the more experience they get the worse the PsychoCore degrades once you actually need them to be stable for roles like House Keeper or Master techie, and then you will have your Sex Bot losing from 5 to 10 percentage points each turn when your housekeeper give you that extra 1 AP and have to spend 2 just to recover her Core to avoid her becoming unstable with less than 75%

Now the better equipment they have (B, A or S) the more it helps to mitigate this percentage degradation but its hard to get good gear in the early weeks unless you cheat

With a trait + or ++ I have seen the Sex Bots get over 25000-50000 experience and even more in fights, repair or other missions, but it also seems to make events where the government gets you Sex bot for being too powerful and trades it for a random one.

It also kills part of the fun if your bots get too good too fast, so be mindful of this if you use this particular trick.

Here´s and example of my main repair bot after using this particular trick, feel free to share your experience or any questions you might have.
bot.JPG

Last edited:

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
OK I´m going to share my secret tip to get those traits for you favorite bot, this includes saving scumming so be careful and make sure to have a save previous messing around with your bot.

Lets say you want to get either the combat or sex trait with a particular bot or even make it a +1 or +2 After playing this game several times I know the best way to do so.

Its all on the PsychoCore stability the less stability you have the more likely the Sex bot can gain Sex Smart for example but it also works the same for Sex Dumb, this happens when they either do any mission or roles that gives them experience to the related trait you want to gain.

So this is what I usually do when I want to get a Sex bot to get any or in most cases several of the Smart traits.

1.- Save to make sure I have a game to go back in case I mess up.
2.- get the core stability to Unstable/0%.
3.- save the game and then train the Sex Bot in the skill I want her to gain that particular trait, with the PsychoCore at 0 you a big chance to have your Sex Bot to gain the Smart or Dumb trait.
4.- if I don´t get the smart or get the dumb trait after the training I just load to the step 3 and try again, you can get it after a few tries, and this can be used for all the traits for the same Sex bot.
5.- if your sex Bot already has the smart trait and you keep doing this or have it doing missions or actions that get them experience towards this trait there´s a similar chance that they will get points to that trait something that will look like this ( Combat Smart Level:20)
6.- if you keep gaining points once it reaches 100 it will gain a+ to the trait Something like Sex Smart+ and it can be done up to ++ or in this case Sex Smart ++)

Now a few comments and personal opinions I don´t recommend do teach too many traits to your bot at least in the begging using this trick (I usually only use it with 1 or 2 Sex bots each with a hard to get experience or useful trait like combat and Social, and only one with Mechanics and electronics)

Why? well in my personal experience the more experience they get the worse the PsychoCore degrades once you actually need them to be stable for roles like House Keeper or Master techie, and then you will have your Sex Bot losing from 5 to 10 percentage points each turn when your housekeeper give you that extra 1 AP and have to spend 2 just to recover her Core to avoid her becoming unstable with less than 75%

Now the better equipment they have (B, A or S) the more it helps to mitigate this percentage degradation but its hard to get good gear in the early weeks unless you cheat

With a trait + or ++ I have seen the Sex Bots get over 25000-50000 experience and even more in fights, repair or other missions, but it also seems to make events where the government gets you Sex bot for being too powerful and trades it for a random one.

It also kills part of the fun if your bots get too good too fast, so be mindful of this if you use this particular trick.

Here´s and example of my main repair bot after using this particular trick, feel free to share your experience or any questions you might have.
View attachment 3825644
I'd agree with most of what you said with a single exception...
Once the MC has an S-Rank in any ability he can train a bot indefinately in that ability, which means no need for save scumming, actually fixing certain bots stability helps leveling Computer skills... the lower stability is only an issue for housework bots, since they can take away an Action instead of granting one once unstable... and one (un)lucky roll with a previous task and you won't even see it comeing.
Personally I prefer to train bots in Computer and mechanic first, since both actions have the Techsmart trait, which is still easy to Level to ++ (100) even if you first have to destabilize the bot

Tonyloco

Aug 11, 2020
I'd agree with most of what you said with a single exception...
Once the MC has an S-Rank in any ability he can train a bot indefinately in that ability, which means no need for save scumming, actually fixing certain bots stability helps leveling Computer skills... the lower stability is only an issue for housework bots, since they can take away an Action instead of granting one once unstable... and one (un)lucky roll with a previous task and you won't even see it comeing.
Personally I prefer to train bots in Computer and mechanic first, since both actions have the Techsmart trait, which is still easy to Level to ++ (100) even if you first have to destabilize the bot
That´s why I said this isn't recommendable in the beginning, I play in either Hard or Hardcore and a little mistake can have you losing your Sex Bot in a mission and it takes forever to gain experience. ( I can easily imagine someone going crazy getting them all the traits to their bots and messing their run, or making it a lot harder... I know it happened to me at least twice)

I do more or less the same as you once I have the traits I like I causally get the bot to Stable ASAP, but in H and HC it takes a lot longer to do so while you still need to gain money for the debt collectors and you get bad events happening to you all the time.

So yes I do agree with you, but I´m a little biased since I done even remember the last time I played this in easy or normal, so you need to be a lot more careful at H and HC.

Tonyloco

Aug 11, 2020
Not sure what you mean but in hard and hardcore the good events are way less likely to happen.

And the events that can make you lose the Sex bots are missions like Repairbot fighter and Pornbot each of those has one or 2 events where you can lose your Bot and those happen more often than what one would like.

Still I like the challenge of playing then in those difficulties so no complaints here, but if you're unlucky enough to get one on the early game.

Ir can derail the whole run, and usually it´s just better to start again.
not sure if those particular events are caused by mods or not.

1720933775273.png

squirrel24

Game Developer
Mar 12, 2021
All 3 of those missions are from mods, they are not included in SR24. I've used them a long time ago and I like them but they do add many bad events to the game. Eventually I realized that I wasn't sending bots on these missions because I wanted to avoid the bad events. That is when I stopped using the mod that they come from. Important! If you remove mods you have to start a new game. Removing even a single mod is 99% certain to break saved games.

Last edited:

ertdfg313

Dec 1, 2019
I did a quick "SR24 getting started guide" on the basic screen, options, and some basic gameplay tips.
No storyline stuff, no terrible spoilers (a few minor hints); mostly a general idea of what every button does.
Might help if you're starting out, likely useless for anyone who has played for a while already.

squirrel24

Game Developer
Mar 12, 2021
I did a quick "SR24 getting started guide" on the basic screen, options, and some basic gameplay tips.
No storyline stuff, no terrible spoilers (a few minor hints); mostly a general idea of what every button does.
Might help if you're starting out, likely useless for anyone who has played for a while already.
:) Nice, I skimmed it and there's good information. Thanks for doing this because I'd rather work on the next version than write instructions/notes/comments like this. The next version is almost ready for testing, I think it's about 1-2 weeks away from release. :unsure: I wish there was a 'fingers crossed' emoticon but I don't see one.

Tonyloco

Aug 11, 2020
Really nice guide, a few recommendations for it.

Repairing bots given to you from the work quests allows you to trade parts they have for the ones you have (I use this in Hardcore sometimes to swipe A or S parts for sale or mi own bots leaving them with lower graded ones, with no repercussions from the clients... so far).

You can do better saving scumming than back with loading, but it takes a lot of the fun of the game, not recommended.

The experience the Bot gain from training is related to the quality of the parts the bot has, (For example a Set trained bot will gain a lot more exp if the Vag part is A or S rather than E or F) and most trainings seem to use the CPU so having a lower grade CPU will lead you to lower experience for the bot when training them.

Also the Stability hit the bot gets when you training them is related to the amount of experience they gain, the more experience they get the bigger percentage of PsychoCore stability you lose (This seems to be mitigated by better CPU or train related parts but I´m not sure on this one).

Last edited:
Reactions: Canemistress
Sep 3, 2018
A minor request:

Make it so that if your bot is in a role and a maxed out AI capsule they don't suffer destabilization. Doing anything active with them, sure, but not just doing a passive role when you've maxed their capsule. It's just a pain in the ass and feels like an uncorrected glitch more than a feature that makes sense.

A suggestion: Make it so Combat skill means something! I know you aren't wanting to make combat based gameplay, which is totally fine, what I suggest instead is random events. Basically, things like "You got mugged while you were out!" or "There was a holdup at the shop!" or "Burglars broke in during the night!" of various strengths (providing a higher potential "roll for success") and if they succeed the player loses a certain amount of cash. Combat bots would allow a "roll for defense" calculated based on how many you have and their combat skill levels and if their roll beats the attacker's success roll the result is "But your combat bots successfully repelled the attempt".

This would make having combat trained bots "on staff" important, and give a sense of realism to the "you operate in a crime-ridden dystopian shithole" aspect. This wouldn't need to affect things like the mob quests that are in the game, all you'd need to do is add a line saying "These are not small time crooks, they are serious mobsters and no matter how good your bots might be attempting to fight back against them would be signing your own death warrant." Such a line would even serve to clarify to players why fighting back in those quests isn't an option, because you wouldn't stand a chance if you tried.

Anyway, just some ideas. Thanks again for a very fun game.

4.20 star(s) 5 Votes